April 24, 2024, 08:14:32 PM

Author Topic: Olympic players planning boycott.  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Olympic players planning boycott.
« on: February 14, 2012, 07:09:34 AM »
They are very unhappy with the way the TTFF is treating them.

They are also unhappy with the pay they are getting which almost half of the amount is going towards food and transportation.

Under 23 players getting $200 TT dollars for a game while the TTFF members getting big dollars despite the cry they make in public to fool the public. Dont be fooled guys, the staff is not working for free and they get theres.

I will keep you guys updated on the matter, but some players is really vex.

Anil Roberts yesterday gave the assurance that neither the national Under-23 footballers nor other national teams will suffer from the fall out between the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) and former players.

This is the same speech given every year at these award functions. Just telling the audience what they want to hear and get a long round of applause. But in reality nothing is implemented.

The Minister of Sport, the TTFF and SPORTT is doing everything else but helping sport in this country and our leaders are not doing anything about it.

Imagine Cricket is not an Olympic Sport and fund is abundant but other sports which are under the Olympic umbrella the athletes have to fund themselves in competition to represent the country even though they bring home medals and glory.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:12:50 AM by Insider »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Olympic players planning boycott.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 07:25:37 AM »
that's right they should damn well stand up for themselves as it seems to TTFF, MOS and it would seem even Mr. Coach lookin out for No. 1 which is even more disappoint
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
I eh lying boy, the woss thing i ever do this decade is tuh start following T&T football all over again after i give them ah ress in 2001 when they flunk out of the hex.

i didn't stopped bc they failed to qualify for the WC, but rather for the fact that they always start late to prepare for these tourneys, and there's no continuum in T&T football from ever since, just ah constant stop and go with no long term planning.

i really didn't need this in my life so i stopped fackin wid T&T football for 4 yrs, until ah breddren of mine came to my  yard  and convinced me that things was changing for the better and looking up and we are going to the WC 2006 (which we did), but as we see, after 2006 there was ah continual free fall,ah pattern that we just can't get out of.

when i sit and think about it, the more i come to the conclusion that trinidad is real bad fackin news all around,(sort of like fallin in love wid ah pretty face sketell with a bad attitude, zero domestic skills, no manners and an insatiable appetite for miscellaneous c@ck! ah lose lose situation all round, not to mention embarrassment across de board.).

i think the best thing for me to do now is cut my losses and leave these clueless mad fackin ppl and they mismanagement bound to fail aim low culture alone yes, after all, is only so much disappointment ah fella could take before "fack it!" might be the only viable option. these ppl real fackin loss boy! lord put ah hand.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:33:34 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »
What Anton (Corneal) have to say about this now?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:34:12 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:31:03 AM »
if this is true it will put a dent in the latest ttff spin about how the greedy players are hurting kids.

not to mention how all the previous tiefing and mis-management already put a hurt on generations of players past
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »
What Anton (Corneal) have to say about this now?

He go call them a bunch of unpatriotic rogues.....dem fellahs verbally spinnin shit into silk so long iz 2nd nature to dem now
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 09:53:33 AM »
I eh lying boy, the woss thing i ever do this decade is tuh start following T&T football all over again after i give them ah ress in 2001 when they flunk out of the hex.

i didn't stopped bc they failed to qualify for the WC, but rather for the fact that they always start late to prepare for these tourneys, and there's no continuum in T&T football from ever since, just ah constant stop and go with no long term planning.

i really didn't need this in my life so i stopped fackin wid T&T football for 4 yrs, until ah breddren of mine came to my  yard  and convinced me that things was changing for the better and looking up and we are going to the WC 2006 (which we did), but as we see, after 2006 there was ah continual free fall,ah pattern that we just can't get out of.

when i sit and think about it, the more i come to the conclusion that trinidad is real bad fackin news all around,(sort of like fallin in love wid ah pretty face sketell with a bad attitude, zero domestic skills, no manners and an insatiable appetite for miscellaneous c@ck! ah lose lose situation all round, not to mention embarrassment across de board.).

i think the best thing for me to do now is cut my losses and leave these clueless mad fackin ppl and they mismanagement bound to fail aim low culture alone yes, after all, is only so much disappointment ah fella could take before "fack it!" might be the only viable option. these ppl real fackin loss boy! lord put ah hand.

nah man jus cool... you pick the right time to be a football supporter in T&T.

I never thought I woulda see de day this pack of cards would fall down.
Well now it coming down all around them. The longest rope have an end.
Better is coming. Hold the faith.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »
ok...wait somebody clear this up for me...
If the gov't is providng funding for the u23 and u17, and they only getting $200 per game. Then the problem now... is the gov't not providing enough money?
Cause I think I read in another Article, Anil Roberts stated that they will be paying all invoices directly. These invoices don't include player's salaries?

or is it the gov't just blindly giving money to the TTFF and the TTFF is assigning monies to the wrong people. 
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »
$200 per game is far too low. ah hope de players have in mind a number that will end de boycott.

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »
I would hope the Under 23s are not planning any boycott at present, theyshould be focused on the tournament ahead and ignoring active seniors who are asking them to boycott and join them. The guys on the teams have been together long enough to know the inner politics of the TTFF. Scouts from the MLS and Europe will be present at their upcoming matches I would hope they won't waste an oppurtunity to impress and sign aboard.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »
$200 per game is far too low. ah hope de players have in mind a number that will end de boycott.

uuuuuummm according to the TTFF's new mouth piece, Marketing Manager, the $200 story is a lie.  He said the U-23's are not entitled to a match fee.  They are entitled to a stipend.  So they mistakenly thought they would get a match fee when they played Finland because some of their colleagues got such in a recent game so they thought they as a group would get that too....they were wrong Mr. Harford said in an interview with Fazeer Mohammed last week.

Wasn't that Finland game marketed as an International friendly??..... ??? :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »
"Say you want a revolution... well you know" ( sing it like the Beatles)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 07:06:07 AM »
Stipend of 200 still 2 low so come again Tony Harford.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:10:23 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 07:09:29 AM »
Ask Tony Harford if he does get pay !!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 09:47:53 AM »
$200 is craziness....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
$200 is craziness....

NO THAT IS PATRIOTISM TNT STYLE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »
I would hope the Under 23s are not planning any boycott at present, theyshould be focused on the tournament ahead and ignoring active seniors who are asking them to boycott and join them. The guys on the teams have been together long enough to know the inner politics of the TTFF. Scouts from the MLS and Europe will be present at their upcoming matches I would hope they won't waste an oppurtunity to impress and sign aboard.
*roll eyes in a big circle*

Any time you stand for something, you gonna lose something. That's why standing up requires bravery.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:02:25 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:06 AM »
*roll eyes in a big circle*

U C Y I say 06 take d money and run. D supporters and all eh seein d big picture. D Under 23 fellas should take d 200 TT and say thanks MASSA and keep they eyes on d prize goin London. After all how else they go get 2 c Big Ben.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »

how they will be focused if they not getting treated well , hmmmm?
Youtube Channel

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »
Yeah but what's the point of this bunch striking? How many of them really have viable careers? This is probably the only time they'll be able to be scouted etc. Can they really afford to pass up this opportunity at this time all on the basis of principle? I'm all for accountability and standing for what's right but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity in my honest opinion. With the way things going with the TTFF, I don't see the national team being taken seriously so career progress might be slow. They should take this opportunity and run with it. Forget about all the BS with the TTFF at this time. Just focus on the game. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:36:25 PM by congo »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 12:33:42 PM »
$200 is craziness....

NO THAT IS PATRIOTISM TNT STYLE

Back in the day men use to play for the color of the shirt on they back, so $200 is gravy.....right Coop's.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 12:35:19 PM »
Yeah but what's the point of this bunch striking? How many of them really have viable careers? This is probably the only time they'll be able to be scouted etc. Can they really afford to pass up this opportunity at this time all on the basis of principle? I'm all for accountability and standing for what's right but this is a once in a time opportunity in my honest opinion. With the way things going with the TTFF, I don't see the national team being taken seriously so career progress might be slow. Just my opinion.

I've been holding back on saying this, but I am prepared to eat my crow foots. Is level cutarse in Cali, the only bad thing now is that they will blame Sancho.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »

I've been holding back on saying this, but I am prepared to eat my crow foots. Is level cutarse in Cali, the only bad thing now is that they will blame Sancho.

It always easy for us the fans to say let them strike, they should strike and what not but it's not our careers at stake here. How many of us if we were in their position in our professional lives would risk it all on the basis of principle? These are players who are still developing and hoping to be seen and move on to bigger and better things. This is not their fight and we should not let them take it on their shoulders. Let them just play the ball. This is where a players' union come in handy. Come nah man, let these men/ boys just concentrate on playing ball and moving up.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
2 things IMO
1. The World cup 2006 affair is not about a fight/disagreement between TTFF & former TT players. But a Stand to have a Football federation that will properly conduct the business of honestly organizing, managing, marketing, promoting and developing football in Trinidad & Tobago, so - that the two islands - one country are properly represented in tournaments organized by the world organizing body that is presently FIFA.
2. The Olympics teams should be organized by a Olympic committee in conjunction and/or consultation with the other Olympics sporting bodies(in this case TTFF) and the Government of Trinidad & Tobago.

If the players are not happy it up to the Olympic body to attempt to appease everyone. If an agreement cannot be settled on, then we cannot, should not send a team. Otherwise, after the fact we will be asking for more of the same...only similarity to the World cup issue.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:14 PM »

It always easy for us the fans to say let them strike, they should strike and what not but it's not our careers at stake here. How many of us if we were in their position in our professional lives would risk it all on the basis of principle? These are players who are still developing and hoping to be seen and move on to bigger and better things. This is not their fight and we should not let them take it on their shoulders. Let them just play the ball. This is where a players' union come in handy. Come nah man, let these men/ boys just concentrate on playing ball and moving up.

Whether they realize it or not, this is their fight. This is much more than a case of monies owed to a specific set of players.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
$200?

and when de youths get shoot because they could only afford to pay to go ghetto fete, they go plan memorial match.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »

Congo remember your post now because we will revisit it 2 to 3 years from now when these same guys will be complaining that they only getting 200 to play and the TTFF still own them money.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 03:44:43 PM »
When is it ever a proper time to stand up for what's right after you've had enough? It's always too soon, not now.

Until we as a people have some dignity and pride, and practice Zero tolerance, we will ALWAYS be drinking the dregs of other men.

Check out "Letter from a Birmingham Jail!"
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »
When is it ever a proper time to stand up for what's right after you've had enough? It's always too soon, not now.

My sentiments exactly.
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »

Whether they realize it or not, this is their fight. This is much more than a case of monies owed to a specific set of players.

D sad ting is after players get blacklist dey eh realize is their fight. They get pay 200 and dey coach and TD sayin doh study it. So is not dey fight is Sancho etal fight.

1]; } ?>