April 25, 2024, 12:56:34 PM

Author Topic: T&T Pro League 10th in region  (Read 923 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Pro League 10th in region
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:01:49 AM »

Published: Thursday, February 16, 2012
Shaun Fuentes

The Trinidad and Tobago Pro League has been rated as the tenth best in the CONCACAF region, according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS). The publication revealed on the weekend that the Costa Rican League is now the second strongest in the CONCACAF behind Mexico and ahead of third placed United States (MLS). It was also revealed that the Jamaican League is now ranked higher than T&T, in ninth spot. The T&T Pro League is ahead of Haiti, Suriname and Cuba in that order. Behind the top three leagues are those of Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Panama, Nicaragua, Jamaica and T&T in that order. According to the IFFHS, each year the strongest League in the World is determined from the top five clubs of each country which scored the highest in the Club World Ranking during that calendar year.

Since 1991 this ranking has been determined from the results of matches played at the national championships and FA cups as well as at international club competitions of the six continental Confederations and FIFA. The Spanish League is currently ranked number one followed by the English Premiership. The Pro League, first launched in 1999 when defending champions Defence Force took the League title, continues to be an avenue for some of the best local players to earn an honest living through the sport and has produced players that have not just played for the T&T national team but several other national teams including Guyana, Antigua/Barbuda, Jamaica, Grenada, St Lucia and others. It also created opportunities for players from T&T, Antigua and Brazil to secure contracts to play in foreign Leagues.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Pro League 10th in region
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »
I am not sure about this, T&T should be ranked number 1 in the Caribbean as they hold the most Caribbean Cup Club titles and better results versus other Caribbean teams.

Only lately Puerto Rico league have been champs, any should be number one (for now) but Jamaica is no way higher than T&T, I will give them over T&T at international level, not club.

T&T probably have the worst attendance in the Caribbean.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »
I am not sure about this, T&T should be ranked number 1 in the Caribbean as they hold the most Caribbean Cup Club titles and better results versus other Caribbean teams.

Only lately Puerto Rico league have been champs, any should be number one (for now) but Jamaica is no way higher than T&T, I will give them over T&T at international level, not club.

first thing first, Jamaican clubs do not enter champions league because it's a waste of money with no return. there are agents in Jamaica that can get players exported easier than champions league.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:31:02 PM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »

first thing first, Jamaican clubs do not enter champions league because it's a waste of money with no return. there are agents in Jamaica that can get players exported easier than champions league.
sure

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:00:30 PM »
How can Nicaragua be higher than us when none of their teams have made the group stage?

1]; } ?>