April 28, 2024, 05:55:08 PM

Author Topic: Warner to sue Lasana Liburd  (Read 12668 times)

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner to sue Lasana Liburd
« on: February 16, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
Warner to sue for defamation.
ctntworld.com.

Former FIFA Vice President, Mr. Jack Warner, has initiated legal proceedings against journalist Lasana Liburd for what he calls "completely unacceptable defamation and libel” over a tweet concerning him.

In a statement, Mr. Warner confirmed that he has retained the services of English QC, William McCormick, for the proceedings.

He said: “I shall take advice on which other persons shall be joined to the suit and categorically state that not only did I never misappropriate aid money destined for Haiti, but have personally made additional funds available to the 30+ victims and their families who were buried under the collapsed Haitian Football Association building.”

Mr. Warner said he is "thoroughly disgusted by the level of malice and nastiness some persons resort to" and decided that he will no longer tolerate “the continued lies and wrongful allegations" by people who, he said, consider themselves to be above the law.

His statement reads: "The message was re-tweeted by numbers of equally deranged and malicious persons who never checked Liburd's claim for its veracity, nor did they research independently whether there was any truth whatsoever in the nasty allegation first made by one James Corbett, a former employee of the Al Ahram newspaper, Mubarak's propaganda instrument for decades (sic!).

I am appalled that persons whom I have known to be quality journalists in the past, are now jumping on the 'destroy Warner' bandwagon and thoughtlessly, if not senselessly, take any lie for granted that they come across these days and which further maligns and defames me."

Mr. Warner plans to reveal several emails between the Haitian President and himself, as well as between several other persons on this subject to support his suit, later on Friday.

* View both letters
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:37:39 PM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Warner to sue Lasana Liburd
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:51:56 PM »
Lasana !!!!

Dont let this idiot scare you.

And even if he do sue, no way in hell in winning.

Lasana is breaking down the clown and now he using cheap tactics to scare you away.

Fire will burn you Jack. Them letters you provided is bull !!!!!

Keep lashing de clown !!!!!!!

He fireless now and sooner or later FIFA will done him to, de time coming.

De clown vex and in all de interviews he playing it off like he eh studying nothing, this time he bunning inside....

Bun him Lasana, bun him !!!!!!!!

Now is de time for all them fellas to done this bastard once and for all....

De longest rope have an end.

Thieving from hurricane victims and your own black people who you claim should unity and fight against Blatter !!!!!!

Jack probably give them some of the funds, but most of it in de LOC account.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
Jack is a imps.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:06:39 PM »
Why present two letters showing what Haiti asked for & not present the letters showing that you did respond to their requests by sending the required cash.
I would have thought that together with these 2 letters you would also produce your responses/documents showing when & how the money was transferred to the Haitian Football Federation........smh(vigourously) ???

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
The letters are very nice. Haiti was obviously very grateful for the fundraising effort. Of course, at that point they presumably had yet to receive the funds, as the money was not mentioned.

The second letter is just a polite and professional request for a game of football.

I would expect to see Mr Warner produce confirmation of the financial transaction that sent the money to Haiti. That would immediately kill these stories. Or the letter saying "Thank you for your donation of $**** received on ?/?/201?

All Warner has done is keep the story in the press. And 6 days after criticising the police for trying to prevent freedom of the press! Why hasn't he sued Corbett who wrote the article?

Apologies Soccerama....simultaneous post! Great minds think alike lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »
Free money fuh McCormick.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
Show meh d copy of d filing in d high court. Ent he was suin 4 ticket or leave it? Dat was late 2005 early 2006.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
is about damn time..........

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 07:09:59 PM »
Warner to sue for defamation.
ctntworld.com.

Former FIFA Vice President, Mr. Jack Warner, has initiated legal proceedings against journalist Lasana Liburd for what he calls "completely unacceptable defamation and libel” over a tweet concerning him.

In a statement, Mr. Warner confirmed that he has retained the services of English QC, William McCormick, for the proceedings.

Mr. Warner said he is "thoroughly disgusted by the level of malice and nastiness some persons resort to" and decided that he will no longer tolerate “the continued lies and wrongful allegations" by people who, he said, consider themselves to be above the law.
* View both letters

You know, when I read these lines, I almost fell off my chair with laughter. You have got to be the greatest two faced clown act I have ever seen and to think that you are a minister representing people. You remind me of a bigger version of Yoda from Battlestar Galactica. You disrespected the English FA and by extension the English people and you still turn around and ask a Englishman to help you. How that go look?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:21:03 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »
took this screen shot from news tonight  :laugh:

Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzuXcVi29-0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tzuXcVi29-0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »

This man really getting tieup for real ,we all know you are above the law but this time we go chook yuh mutter con down . 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:42 PM »
Drama.....   No more slack journalism.   Real fight in T&T.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 11:30:37 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/editorial/2012-02-16/clear-air-funds-mr-warner

Surely if Jack Warner in his role as former FIFA vice president feels he does not have to answer integrity issues put out by the world football body, the same cannot be true in his capacity as a government minister. With even greater responsibility to the country for her minister’s alleged conduct is Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar. Can she take this minister with her to an international forum and be comfortable about unanswered questions about his character?

When last year’s allegations of bribery surfaced with fingers pointed at Mr Warner and Mohammed bin Hammam, the Prime Minister said such matters were outside her government’s jurisdiction. The Prime Minister reiterated her faith in her “best-performing minister” and skipped over any questions to her on the allegations. Eight months later and Mr Warner is once again being requested to present accounts of the Trinidad and Tobago football journey to Germany for the 2006 World Cup.

The claim that Mr Warner was the one who had the accounts of the T&T football team was made by then TTFF president, Oliver Camps, who is a longstanding colleague of Mr Warner’s and cannot be considered to be his enemy. Making up part of the booty yet to be accounted for, the total sum of which no one knows, were large sums of public funds, funds from corporate sponsors and money earned by the Soca Warriors for their participation in the World Cup. If the Prime Minister could have somehow ignored the first set of allegations on the grounds that they were somewhere off in the dark, she surely cannot close a deaf ear to allegations involving large sums of public funds.

Moreover, a government must by extension have responsibility to the business community and the many civic groups which came together to raise and fund the football effort to find out what transpired with such funding. And this holds true even though the Government of the day was not in power back in 2006. This is public money, not PP or PNM funds. Over the weekend there were further allegations about US$600,000 allegedly sent by FIFA and South Korea for Haiti’s relief after the 2010 earthquake. The query surrounds the allegations that the funds were sent through Jack Warner.  

Haitian Football Federation president Yves Jean-Bart has been quoted by the reputable London Sunday Times as saying that his federation only received US$60,000 of the monies sent. We make no allegations as to where the monies went and whether or not the Haitians were deprived of urgent earthquake relief in their hour of need. What we do say is that Mr Warner should feel obliged to clarify these allegations, which are certainly not going to go away. When questioned on the Haiti issue on Tuesday, Mr Warner said: “Let them write, when I want to talk, I will talk. I have nothing to answer to anybody.” Some may find this to be an inappropriate response to an issue that has attracted international attention.

Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar must know that she as the leader also has a responsibility to answer to the country about her ministers. When in opposition, many were the occasions when UNC MPs called on the then Prime Minister to investigate and fire ministers for one perceived wrongdoing or the other.

While this newspaper holds firmly to the presumption of innocence as being the cornerstone of justice in a democracy, we feel it is inapposite for these clouds of allegations to be hanging over this country’s most visible, hard-working and popular government minister. We urge Mr Warner to bring clarity to both the Haiti issue and the matter of the accounts for the Soca Warriors’ 2006 football effort. And we call on the Prime Minister to be on standby to give Mr Warner a little nudge if he continues to be reticent in providing clarity.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 02:42:08 AM »
Maxwell in the UK used the same tactics to hide his swindling of the pensions funds etc.  Apparently used to threaten to sue anyone and thats part of the reason he got away with it for so long. 

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 04:03:43 AM »
I hope Jack is willing to sue the Guardian, Newsday and Express newspapers and even ESPN who also published Lasana story.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 04:38:40 AM »
 ;D  ;)
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:02 AM »
is about damn time..........

Steups!!   Warner deny getting the money as yet??  He tell Haiti and FIFA why they didn't get all of their money??  Steups!!  Jack on shit and so are you!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 05:10:59 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/editorial/2012-02-16/clear-air-funds-mr-warner
Can she take this minister with her to an international forum and be comfortable about unanswered questions about his character?

Well when the Guardian writes and editorial about Jack in such a light, yuh know things real bad.  But this sentence remind me of a post somebody made over on facebook in a discussion about Jack and footballers.  Has Jack left the country since June last year??   ???
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 05:20:00 AM »
Ex-FIFA VP threatens Wired868... and Twitter.
... Warner accuses online paper on libel.
Written by  Lasana Liburd.

Ex-FIFA Vice President and Minister of Works and Infrastructure Jack Warner has allegedly threatened legal action against Wired868.com owner and investigative journalist, Lasana Liburd, and, by extension, social networking and microblogging service, Twitter, for "completely unacceptable defamation and libel", according to Trinidad and Tobago television station, CTV.

Warner claimed to be provoked by a tweet from Wired868 that linked him to a Haitian financial aid controversy and said that he will retain English barrister William McCormick QC for the proceedings.

The Chaguanas West MP threatened to involve persons who re-tweet posts from Wired868 as well and did not rule out a suit against the publisher, Twitter. It is uncertain whether Warner asked Twitter to remove the tweets he found to be defamatory.

"I shall take advice on which other persons shall be joined to the suit and categorically state that not only did I never misappropriate aid money destined for Haiti," Warner told ctntworld.com, "but (I) have personally made additional funds available to the 30+ victims and their families who were buried under the collapsed Haitian Football Association building."

Up to the time of writing, Warner had not sued and the tweets remained up. The former Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special advisor threatened to sue Liburd on several occasions but never followed up.

On Sunday, an exclusive UK Sunday Times report claimed that the Korea Football Federation and FIFA confirmed that they sent $4.76 million (US$750,000) in emergency relief aid to Warner to be further disbursed to Haiti.

Haitian football President Yves Jean-Bart subsequently claimed that only only $381,000 (US$60,000) made it to the impoverished nation, which leaves close to $4.4 million (US$690,000) unaccounted for.

Read More
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 05:20:25 AM »
Wired868 letter to Jack Warner.
By  Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Good Night Mr Warner,

I have read of your concern regarding the Haitian emergency relief fund and I am happy to hear of your feelings for the grief stricken nation.

Unfortunately, your care for Haiti seems at odds with some of the correspondence I received from your former employers.

Now, I did try to contact you via mobile phone but did not receive any response. Bmobile records will confirm that.

But I'm quite happy to state your version of the accounts in my subsequent stories. So this email is meant to give you a chance to present your side of this developing story.

Did $4.76 million (US$750,000) meant for Haiti from Fifa and South Korea go into accounts that you have influence over? Was all the money sent to the intended party at the Haitian Federation?

If not, then please provide me with as much information as possible regarding where that money went or how it was used.

While I have your attention, can I also request information on one of the other cases of allegedly missing funds that has mentioned your name? Can you inform me as to how much revenue entered the LOC account in 2005 and 2006? And how much money is there now?

As always, I thank you for your time and consideration and look forward to hearing from you.

Feel free to reply with your thoughts on my stories or tweets as well and I will treat those comments with the respect befitting your present office and your recently departed one. You can email me and I will ensure that my readers have the benefit and pleasure of your thoughts, interpretations and evidence; or you can register on my site and leave a comment.

Regards,
Lasana Liburd
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 05:27:55 AM »
Hit him hard Lasana  :beermug: dutty thief
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:19:53 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 05:31:00 AM »
Warner say the tweet was repeated by equally deranged and malicious persons who never bothered to check the veracity of Liburd's story.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh gaaarrrdddd oooooyyyyeeee!!!!!  Me thinks the old tief is losing his marbles.....it hasn't been a good week.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 06:37:15 AM »
What a perfect reply by Lasana.

Now Jack head have to go back in he ass.

Dont stop de pressure Lasana !!!!!!!

Beat de monkey !

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:47:59 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 08:00:07 AM »
Warner say the tweet was repeated by equally deranged and malicious persons who never bothered to check the veracity of Liburd's story.....

Oh gaaarrrdddd oooooyyyyeeee!!!!!  Me thinks the old tief is losing his marbles.....it hasn't been a good week.....

I sure he lost it after hearing him on I95 last wk.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »
Lasana !!!!

Dont let this idiot scare you.

And even if he do sue, no way in hell in winning.

Lasana is breaking down the clown and now he using cheap tactics to scare you away.

Fire will burn you Jack. Them letters you provided is bull !!!!!

Sam boy you see dem letters... dem ent saying nothing... dis man is really a sociopath... or some kinda path  :cursing:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 12:17:30 PM »
Hit him hard Lasana!!
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »

Lol he fits the description of a sociopath more and more each day.
Hart for president

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 01:27:32 PM »
f**k all ah allyuh..Jack go raise again!!!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
Well well jack  once upon a time like anansi story yuh enjoyed  the spotlight , matter of fact it was glorified by you  jack, ah wonder what happened boy , yuh getting vex now? nah wait yuh a little annoyed  right, eh jack , ? ah see yuh join the sue sue  ting now hoping for a hand   eh jack ? well hear what yuh eh getting no hand  this time .... and yuh better take yuh hand out de candy jar  too , is carnival time so all the sweets and sweet  ting yuh cyah take no more , wha yuh say jack lol

1]; } ?>