March 28, 2024, 11:23:15 AM

Author Topic: VFFOTT Thread  (Read 10339 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: VFFOTT closes the year with the return of Coach Augustus Wooter to T&T
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »
A man dear to my heart! All the best, coach!!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 02:24:22 PM »
A man dear to my heart! All the best, coach!!

Happy New Year, Doc. last month Big Bird called to say they were having a farewell for Wooter at the Clubhouse. It was a surprise. But quite a few turned up, seeing it was short notice. Bert Grell, LP, Gamaldo, Yallery-Arthur, Ian Bain, Rennie, Jillian Moore, some Juniors and All Stars Alunms, Lester, some guys from Greneda etc were all there.

It was emotional to say the least. but all of us were glad that he will be now able to go to TT, Suriname, Greneda and St. Vincent without issues now. He will be based in Holland, as he is also a Dutch citizen.  Everybody had great things to says about this guys. He came to TT at the right time at St. Benedicts and with Dom Basil astute forsight help TT football usher in the "Golden 60s" In the states he did a lot of grassroots coaching for little compensation. He motto was "give me what you can afford, God will provide the rest". August was by and large a de-facto Trini. He spent lots of time with the All Stars guys and was a regular at the old TT clubhouse on Delafield st. in DC.

I hope the St. BOBs work with him to continue the grassroots programs that our country needs so badly.  God Bless!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:26:57 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Veteran players want TTFF action.
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 04:10:00 AM »
Veteran players want TTFF action.
By Kern De Freitas (Guardian).

GO AFTER JACK

Trinidad and Tobago’s veteran footballers are calling for the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) to take legal action against former CONCACAF president Jack Warner to recover funds generated from T&T’s World Cup 2006 campaign.

The Veteran Footballers Foundation of T&T (VFFOTT), through vice-president Selby Browne, said yesterday that TTFF president Raymond Tim Kee must take action against Warner in the wake of reports by Express investigative reporter Camini Marajh into Warner’s handling of TTFF and LOC Germany 2006 accounts, and try to recover over $100 million still unaccounted for.

“The new president of the TTFF (Tim Kee) and the TTFF must bring legal action against Jack Warner to recover the (missing) funds,” Browne told the Express yesterday.

“The TTFF must call in the fraud squad or DPP as it relates to the actions of Warner. The TTFF, and we in Trinidad, cannot sit here and rely on outside persons to treat with the Jack Warner debacle that we have here in Trinidad. The source of everything started right here in Trinidad football.”

According to Browne, VFFOTT has made several attempts to meet with Tim Kee, but has not been able to secure a meeting.

The veteran footballers have called a “special meeting” for May 11 at Barataria Sports Complex, where they will discuss the “implications” of the recent CONCACAF integrity committee report that accused Warner and ex-CONCACAF general secretary Chuck Blazer of fraud and mismanagement of funds.

Browne believes that with Warner involved, T&T football has experienced a downward slide.

“In 1974, Trinidad and Tobago was qualifying for the number one slot in CONCACAF,” he said. “In 2006 we were qualifying for the 3½ (playoff) spot. So during the tenure of Warner from 1974 to date, T&T football fell at minimum three, four notches in CONCACAF.”

VFFOTT has also stated that the “sole priority” is to return T&T football to its previous “glorious product”.

Browne is also happy that the TTFF looks set to pay the 2006 “Soca Warriors”, who have been embroiled in a legal battle with the local governing body over World Cup bonuses promised them by Warner, since that year.

“We have said years ago that is long outstanding. That should have been done by the TTFF and then (they should have) pursued Warner, who has still not produced his books for the TTFF.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VFFOTT accepts invitation from the TTFF to work together
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 04:24:48 AM »

Years ago Selby had bought the TV rights for TT football, Jack went and get FIFA to make TT tv rights lump under CONCACAF nad buy the rights for himself from FIFA for 1 DOLLAR.

Selby sue TTFA and that ent reach no where, he end up losing some money and potentialy a kings ransom to the crook.

Selby is one of the celebrated QRC old boys and is a true patriot so if them fellas getting involved it could only be good for TT football.

Just keep out Ken Butcher
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »
TTFA gives vets 50 tickets.
T&T Express Reports.

Recognising the sterling contribution to football made by several past players and administrators, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) made over over 50 tickets available to past players and administrators for last Tuesday’s match against New Zealand at Hasely Crawford Stadium, through the Veteran Footballers Foundation Of Trinidad and Tobago, (VFFOTT).

Vets president Gwenwyn Cust lauded the gesture and said they had been advocating for this for a long time, and was happy the TTFA is making positive steps in the right direction.

“The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association must be heartily congratulated for finally recognising the sterling contribution to football made by several past players and administrators,” Cust said in a release. “Hats off to the due consideration given by (TTFA president) Mr Raymond Tim Kee and (general secretary) Mr Sheldon Phillips as they communicate with VFFOTT.”

After discussions with Tim Kee and Phillips, Cust was given the task of selecting deserving recipients for the complimentary tickets. Cust consulted with Steve David, Lyle Jeffrey, Selris Figaro and Tansley Thompson, all members of VFFOTT’s executive.

Recipients included Shay Seymour and Carlton “Squeakie” Hinds, two of three surviving members of the first National Team to tour England in 1953, the other being Doyle Griffith, who resides abroad.

Squeakie, also dubbed “The Prince of Forwards”, was most present and was in the company of Kenny Akal, another stalwart of the past, who is now wheelchair bound. Other invitees included Gerry Browne, Clayton Morris, Brian Williams, Selwyn Quanvie, Eddie Hart, Osmond Downer and Lennox Sirjuesingh the latter two being outstanding former FIFA referees.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 02:49:26 AM »
Selwyn Quanvie? I thought he was Henry Quanvie. Unless he had a father, brother or uncle by that name.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 05:12:36 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
No mention of Gally.Was he offered a ticket? Can anyone advise? I hope he was among the first five? In fact he should be given a lifetime ticket to the stadium. Maybe he has one hence the reason his name was not mentioned?

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »
Cust was 1 of my primary school.........didn't even know he was an ex national

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »
Sometimes i wonder if VFFOTT exists or not,is just that every now and them u see statements in the press.When i returned home last year i was invited to one of their meetings which took place at Paragon Sports Club,i don't know if they had any since,i met a lot of the vets(personal friends) including Eddie Hart,Tim Kee,Selby,Gwenwyn etc etc

At that meeting the agenda seemed to be getting rid of the TTFF administration(JW),revamping the TTFF constitution,06 Warriors getting their money etc there were several contributions made by people on the floor but being my first meeting had nothing to say.

What i came to realize afterwards like everything else it's just talk and no action,i am really surprise and glad to see the TTFF have honored the vets with some tickets,my only hope it's not a one time thing.

What i want to know is what's the role (aims/objectives) of the VFFOTT in T&T Football? 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
Sometimes i wonder if VFFOTT exists or not,is just that every now and them u see statements in the press.When i returned home last year i was invited to one of their meetings which took place at Paragon Sports Club,i don't know if they had any since,i met a lot of the vets(personal friends) including Eddie Hart,Tim Kee,Selby,Gwenwyn etc etc

At that meeting the agenda seemed to be getting rid of the TTFF administration(JW),revamping the TTFF constitution,06 Warriors getting their money etc there were several contributions made by people on the floor but being my first meeting had nothing to say.

What i came to realize afterwards like everything else it's just talk and no action,i am really surprise and glad to see the TTFF have honored the vets with some tickets,my only hope it's not a one time thing.

What i want to know is what's the role (aims/objectives) of the VFFOTT in T&T Football? 

Dont waste your time coops, these locals cant organize they foot from they ass and they always looking for handouts.

This VFFOTT is a bunch of retired men looking for a room to gossip with no punch.

They waiting for some foreigner to come and lead them like farm animals, this is why I will always say, a foreign based will always get more respect because they actually do stuff with less talking.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »

This VFFOTT is a bunch of retired men looking for a room to gossip with no punch.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Sam you have me laughing with this line,that's it right there in a nutshell.You know i'm not a favourite of the foreighners but sometimes i have no choice but to agree with u guys.

I don't know why we like to talk so much,everybody knows all the issues and what should be done in Football but when is time for action people just dissapear,we are our best critique.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 08:19:06 PM »
I've heard that he died last week in Suriname. Deeks, can you confirm?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
VFFOTT mourns the passing of Auguste Wooter
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »
VFFOTT mourns the passing of Auguste Wooter
VFFOTT Secretariat

The Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago is saddened on the passing of Mr. Auguste “Cha Cha” Wooter, former Suriname national footballer and coach of the exceptional St. Benedict’s College football team of the 1960s.

Mr. Selby Browne, Vice President, of the Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (VFFOTT) confirmed sadness on receiving news of the passing, of Mr. Auguste “Cha Cha” Wooter, on Saturday 5th April 2014 in Suriname.

Coach Wooter made an invaluable contribution to football in Trinidad and Tobago, having been retained by Dom Basil Mathews, Principal, to coach football at the St. Benedict College where he built the College’s exceptional successful Football team of the 1960s.

It was Coach Wooter’s personal contribution that laid the foundation for Trinidad and Tobago’s outstanding performance in the Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup 1974 held in Haiti. Trinidad and Tobago placed 2nd in those CONCACAF Qualifiers, the highest place this country has achieved in CONCACAF football to date, said Mr. Browne.

Mr. Browne said, we are all thankful that on Saturday 5th January 2013, VFFOTT organized and joined with the Point Fortin Civic Center Football Club and Past St. Benedict College footballers to host an official reception to thank former Coach Auguste “Cha Cha” Wooter for his colossal contribution.  That function was held under the auspices of His Worship, Alderman Clyde Paul, Mayor of Point Fortin and Her Excellency Fidelia Graand-Galon, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Suriname to Trinidad and Tobago had the honour to meet and give thanks to her football hero Auguste “Cha Cha” Wooter, in her feature address.

Auguste “Cha Cha” Wooter, was an outstanding former Suriname National footballer who represented his country against Trinidad and Tobago in the historic Trinidad and Tobago Independence Celebration match held at the Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain, in 1962.  In fact Coach Wooter was the house guest of Mr. Tim Lambkin in January 2013, as a result of their lifelong friendship which began as opponents, representing their respective countries in the Trinidad and Tobago 1962 Independence Celebration match.

Coach Wooter’s contribution to Trinidad and Tobago’s football which dates back to the 1960′s heralded the St Benedict College football era, with footballers from South and North Trinidad and Point Fortin in particular being the beneficiaries, of his teaching. His student footballers went on to provide the nucleus for teams in the North America Soccer League (NASL) with outstanding contributions during the 1960s and 70s.  In fact Mr. Steve David, former St. Benedict College and Trinidad and Tobago National footballer was named Most Valuable Player of the NASL in the 1970’s.

In the United States of America, Coach Wooter’s football teaching extended to the cities of New York and Washington DC in particular. The Caribbean island of Grenada also benefited from his immense football knowledge.

Mr. Browne said, “Cha Cha” Wooter was a man of integrity, moral fabric and a gentleman with his God as his guide.  He was as an exemplar, a father figure who molded young boys into men of principle and good character. Coach Wooter was knowledgeable, a motivator, excellent strategist and had a keen sense of player’s capabilities and weaknesses.”

The Veteran Footballers Foundation on behalf of several Trinidad and Tobago footballers of the 1960s and 70s, extend our condolences to Katie, the daughter of Coach Auguste “Cha Cha” Wooter, relatives and friends. We also send condolences to our fellow Surinamese footballers and the Suriname Football Association.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 04:00:58 AM »
R.I.P. Wooter....You were a giant indeed... I'll continue to honour you with my work... Thanks and Godspeed!!
Live large and prosper!

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
August `Cha Cha’ Wooter succumbs after car accident
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 05:00:11 AM »
Former national football coach August `Cha Cha’ Wooter succumbs after car accident
guyanachronicle.com

FORMER national football coach August `Cha Cha’ Wooter of Suriname died last Friday in Paramaribo, Suriname, from injuries he sustained while holidaying in Guyana about six months ago.

Speaking to Chronicle Sport via telephone yesterday, one of the former national coach’s prodigies, Lennox `Cross Eye’ Arthur, said that Wooter was in Guyana about six months ago on vacation and was involved in a motor vehicle accident “and apparently he suffered an injury to the head”.Arthur, a former national football coach himself, said on Wooter’s return to neighbouring Suriname, he – the head coach of the national youth team from 1967 to 1970 – complained of feeling unwell and was taken to the hospital in Paramaribo, Suriname but succumbed..

Arthur, who was a member of the 1967 national Under-17 team at the time, said Wooter also had coaching stints in Suriname, Grenada and Trinidad and Tobago.

“He was a very experienced and knowledgeable coach, one who trained (physical) and coached the team himself,” Arthur stated, adding “he lifted the standard of Guyana’s football then. He was very good at physical preparation and was also a tactician”.

Among the many local clubs he shared his expertise with are: Santos, Pele, Thomas United and the Georgetown Football Club.

Players, namely Arthur, Michael Pierre, Earl O’Neil Donald `Casa’ Neblett, Julian Fernandes, Clyde `Farmer’ Brown, Woolley Forde, George Mitchell and Michael Hampden are some of whom have represented Guyana at the national level.

Arthur has expressed his condolences to the family and relatives of Wooter who will be buried on Friday in Suriname.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »

St. Benedict's College & invited standouts (3) from other colleges under Surinamese coach Augustus Wooter, extreme right standing. (year 1964)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
I've heard that he died last week in Suriname. Deeks, can you confirm?

Tallman, I just heard about it this morning. May He Rest In Peace!. Well I guess the reunion in December 2012 in the Clubhouse in DC was really a fitting farewell. God Bless.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »
Unless you were a follower of local football in the 1960s, or a St Benedict’s College old boy, the name Auguste Wooter may sound foreign. Indeed, he was from foreign, Suriname to be exact. But he was a most influential figure in the game in Trinidad at that time.

Hired by principal Dom Basil Matthews to coach St Benedict’s, Wooter made them arguably the country’s most famous schoolboy team, one that spawned local legends like Warren Archibald, Jan Steadman, Wilfred Cave and Leroy De Leon.

Matthews, a revolutionary of sorts himself, introduced foreign coaching to the schools scene. The ex-Suriname international Wooter was recruited to work with the team around 1964.

In a country where coaching was still left to amateurs, this was a significant step, that yielded almost immediate results.

“The difference was the coaching,” Steadman told me several years ago.

“There was no big difference in the football as far as the ability and the motivation. But Wooter was the guy who brought the thinking ability and the know-how about the game. He was able to mould players, to make you a better player. We were transferring what we had learned from Wooter onto the national team.”

De Leon, who played the 1966 season under Wooter has a similar recollection.

“He was very instrumental in teaching us the finer things,” he told me. “We were already ball-players, he didn’t have to work on that. He started showing us how to bend the ball, why to bend it, the finer things in football that we hadn’t been taught....We were just doing things without knowing why, but he taught us why; why are you passing to Archie and not Cave. He just gave you things to think about.”

The former midfield maestro also spoke of how Wooter’s influence went beyond the pitch.

“He taught us how to handle ourselves off the field. We had little coaching in that respect in terms of somebody coming to mentor. He was like a father, a mother, he was very, very instrumental in changing the dynamics of Benedict’s...He taught us unity. We used to stay together, eat together at school. If we had a game on Saturday, we stayed together at the commons at St Benedict’s ground. That was our home away from home on Friday. Everything was team. I used to be a ball hog, but he changed all that.”

Trinidad and Tobago football has in part been built upon the legacy left by Auguste Wooter and his like. Similarly, in their own ways Wilkes, Barrow and Grant made their contributions.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Before-they-reach-the-papers-254466721.html

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Not a drum beat for Wooter
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2014, 08:09:14 AM »
Not a drum beat for Wooter
T&T Newsday

THE EDITOR: Within recent times as I continue this life’s journey, I have realised along the way one encounters individuals who impact on you positively or negatively.

In the year 1962 the year we became an “Independent country,” not a nation, as far as I am concerned, I was fortunate through some twist of fate to be selected as the youngest member of our first “National” football team who participated in a “goodwill” series of matches against the then national football team of Suriname, to commemorate our so-called “Independence”. In that Surinamese team was a player by the name of August Wooter who as fate and destiny would have it, connected us as Caribbean brothers and established a bond of friendship and brotherhood for the past 51 years.

In the ensuing years after 1962 we both pursued our career paths, but as fate and destiny would have it we again reconnected in the year 1981 through Lincoln Phillips who invited former players and coaches from the Caribbean to assist him in developing his Soccer Development Programme in the USA.

For a period of over ten years I had the unique opportunity of working alongside August Wooter as a coach, friend, mentor and spiritual brother, and I am convinced August Wooter was the best football coach I know and I make no apologies for this belief.

August who was based in the USA primarily in the Tri-State areas of Washington, DC, Virginia and New Jersey was responsible for developing hundreds of young boys and girls as soccer players and good, productive human beings.

Regrettably, because of his trusting nature in humanity, he was exploited, used and abused by people in the USA, and even his own Footballing Caribbean brothers who were in positions to assist and elevate him disappointedly exploited him.

About three years ago when I visited Washington DC, August and I reconnected, and I realised that he was living a life of abject poverty. For over 20 years I had been pleading with him to leave the USA and return home to the Caribbean, where his knowledge and talents were needed, and hopefully would have been appreciated. He was always apprehensive to this suggestion. Eventually, he accepted my advice and decided to return to Trinidad on December 28, 2013.

I invited him to be my house guest, in transit to his homeland Suriname. He spent approximately three weeks as my guest during which period the only event of note was an Appreciation and Award function in his honour which was hosted by Mr Clyde Paul the Mayor of Point Fortin, who coincidentally was an ex-St Benedicts College student.

That St Benedicts College, which was founded by the late Dom Basil Matthews who brought August Wooter from Suriname to coach the students of his college and subsequently revolutionised the coaching methods and strategies in Trinidad and Tobago’s football, produced some of our most talented and famous footballers. Only two former players ever found the time to pay a courtesy call on their former coach during his three weeks stay in Trinidad.

This ungrateful act by his former students agonised Mr Wooter and he departed Trinidad for his homeland on January 17, 2013, a very disappointed man.

During the past year, he was the victim of a very serious vehicular accident which occurred during a visit to Guyana where he lost the use of both legs. His medical conditions deteriorated and he succumbed to his injuries on his return to Suriname and passed away on Saturday April 5, 2014 and was buried in his home village Moengo in Suriname on April 11, 2014.

Like the burial of Sir John Moore’s “Not a drum was heard” in Trinidad by the Government or the football fraternity for this humble giant of a man.

It is ironic that similarly the late Dom Basil Matthews suffered and died under almost the same conditions. Trinidad and Tobago, his homeland where he contributed to much in revolutionising education, sports and community development, was not aware that during his last days it was the clergy and staff of the Roman Catholic Church in Washington DC who took care of him. I know, because I had the opportunity to visit him, with August Wooter prior to his death.

Shame, shame, shame on you Trinidad and Tobago as Explainer had sung, “We should not treat our heroes so.”

RIP Dom Basil Matthews and August Wooter, you will be rewarded in the Sweet bye and bye.

THEODORE “TIM” LAMBKIN
Tortuga Village

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2014, 10:08:34 AM »
That is a letter to the editor! Ouch, ouch, ouch and watap!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2014, 11:13:04 AM »
Only two former players ever found the time to pay a courtesy call on their former coach during his three weeks stay in Trinidad.

This ungrateful act by his former students agonised Mr Wooter and he departed Trinidad for his homeland on January 17, 2013, a very disappointed man.

Ouch, in truth!  I did expect to see the above. Surprise to me. Whenever he spoke of the Boys, you felt like they were his sons.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2014, 03:59:33 AM »
Well that was depressing

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2014, 07:59:06 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dR0harwuFRc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dR0harwuFRc</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VFFOTT Thread
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2023, 01:42:27 PM »
VFFOTT focuses on community...Veterans to honour John Alleyne, Alvin Corneal
T&T Express

THE Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (VFFOTT) is turning its attention to community football.

According to a VFFOTT release, the veterans body’s members decided unanimously at their in-person meeting Saturday to immediately focus their attention on, “facilitating all community football leagues to ensure the return of football in communities throughout Trinidad and Tobago at the earliest opportunity.”

VFFOTT president Selby Browne chaired the meeting and in attendance among others were former national footballers, Alvin Corneal, Ken Butcher, Keith Renaud and former national captain Selris Figaro.

Browne said the  nitiative has the capability to facilitate the rebuilding of community sport via the return of community competitions and leagues throughout the Republic.

VFFOTT is asking community league operators to forward contact details to the VFFOTT Secretariat by email at: vffott2008@gmail.com and/or to call: (868-790-6674.

VFFOTT PRO, retired FIFA referee, Lennox Sirjuesingh, expressed his delight that the meeting agreed to prioritise the immediate return of community leagues, while continuing the activity of honouring long-standing past contributors to football. At the Foundation’s awards ceremony in 2020, Major Ralph Brown, Eddie Hart and Sirjuesingh were honoured.

A former VFFOTT awardee, Edgar Vidale, past player, coach, and administrator, was nominated by VFFOTT for a national award which was subsequently bestowed on him.

On Saturday, the meeting also unanimously confirmed that the VFFOTT 2023 awards for outstanding contributions to football in Trinidad and Tobago will be presented to John Alleyne (posthumously), Earl Murray, Vernon Bain and Alvin Corneal.

The presentations to those stalwarts will take place in their communities; Alleyne’s in San Fernando, Bain’s and Murray’s in Tunapuna and Corneal’s in San Juan, on dates to be announced.

In 2022, VFFOTT presented awards in Point Fortin to past national footballers: Warren Archibald, Steve David, Leo Brewster, Anthony Douglas, and Mello Douglas.

The VFFOTT honour has also been awarded to the first Trinidad and Tobago footballer to play in a FIFA World Cup, Randy Samuel who represented Canada at the FIFA World Cup in Mexico, 1986.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VFFOTT Thread
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2023, 09:42:45 PM »
Honest question:

How does VFOTT have a vote in TTFA elections all this time but nobody knows how they're allowed to and not sure what they do exactly?
Do they check all the criteria to have a seat at the table?

1]; } ?>