April 16, 2024, 04:45:03 PM

Author Topic: New Board  (Read 7296 times)

truetrini

New Board
« on: February 10, 2012, 09:31:11 AM »
I asked Flex to set up this board so we can be informed, and get educated about the History of our beautiful and vibrant islands.

Please feel free to post articles, info and first hand accounts of events, documents, photos and history of T&T.

Additionally, if you have any questions concerning the history of T&T please feel free to post your questions here, and I will do my best to get answers.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Board
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »
Good suggestion tt

First day and de board chock full ah info arready yes
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
Good suggestion tt

Excellence!!!

From what appeared to be a passing idea in picong and throwing ole talk in de thread wid War and JC ... to actually making it happen. Well done. I noticed it today and iz plenty value to digest.  :beermug:

Oh, and yes!!! ... I expect to be regaled wid more than a fair portion of the Chinese experience. Doh sleep on that.  :-X :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:35:07 PM by asylumseeker »

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
Good suggestion tt

Excellence!!!

From what appeared to be a passing idea in picong and throwing ole talk in de thread wid War and JC ... to actually making it happen. Well done. I noticed it today and iz plenty value to digest.  :beermug:

Oh, and yes!!! ... I expect to be regaled wid more than a fair portion of the Chinese experience. Doh sleep on that.  :-X :)

Yuh could help we with de chinee part ent?  Ask she for info for we nah...first hand or second hand experience is always welcome..even if is only half chinee.  ;)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:41:35 PM »
Thanks TT .

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:35:35 AM »
TT, this is a great board.  :beermug:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 08:45:51 AM »
it have anybody here who could trace some ancestry fuh me (fadda side).or have any info on how to go about it...doh even mention ancestry.com
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
it have anybody here who could trace some ancestry fuh me (fadda side).or have any info on how to go about it...doh even mention ancestry.com

Doing ancestry searches in T&T is extremely difficult.  What you need is to get names and date of Birth as much as possible and then go get birth certificates.   The certificates have parents names on it.  then you get those birth certificates..also church batismal records etc are helpful.

I went through this some time and was very surprised what I found out.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 12:17:22 PM »

Doing ancestry searches in T&T is extremely difficult.  What you need is to get names and date of Birth as much as possible and then go get birth certificates.   The certificates have parents names on it.  then you get those birth certificates..also church batismal records etc are helpful.

that is ah tonne load ah wuk......next ting ah find out meh great great grandfather was de village rapist.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »

that is ah tonne load ah wuk......next ting ah find out meh great great grandfather was de village rapist.

Yes is hard work, but if yuh want to know...?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 07:39:06 AM »

My cousin used a researcher by the name of "Shamshu Deen" to trace the ancestry on my paternal side.  He was able to identify the families that arrived on a ship in 1890.

The researcher lives in Trinidad.

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »

My cousin used a researcher by the name of "Shamshu Deen" to trace the ancestry on my paternal side.  He was able to identify the families that arrived on a ship in 1890.

Look at this Pecan, it is one of 5 ships.  Do you know which one it was?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 08:36:31 AM »

i know the name...i tink they help my mother in law trace she roots.they came on the fatel rozack and meh father in law grandfather was a big boy in pakistan army
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:41:13 AM by capodetutticapi »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »

Look at this Pecan, it is one of 5 ships.  Do you know which one it was?

Yes, number three on the list. The SS Bruce.

That ship departed Calcutta on July 23, 1890.  Almost 4 months sailing time in conditions that I suspect were less than good.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:14 AM »
Aye TT, Flex and Tallman

The more I peruse the various threads on this Board, the more I am impressed with the wealth of information posted here. I am sharing the link with friends and family. Good stuff.  :beermug:

OK, back to work now.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 01:05:37 PM »

i know the name...i tink they help my mother in law trace she roots.they came on the fatel rozack and meh father in law grandfather was a big boy in pakistan army

Then your in laws were among the first here. 

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »

you could start by writing to a sociologist or anthropologist at uwi to ask what steps you might take.

my family can trace its roots to the interior of the gold coast, and from just after the battle of hastings, from what is now the lake district  in northern england. but it does takes a bit of work and time
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:15:00 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>