March 28, 2024, 10:49:15 PM

Author Topic: Is T&T sports corruption just a part of an international epidemic?  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is T&T sports corruption just a part of an international epidemic?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »
Warner, minister for works and infrastructure in the Trinidad and Tobago government, has now been placed under investigation by his own government.

He has?

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:55:37 PM »
They say he is..the government, well Anand says that he is under POLICE investigation for bribery accusations in some Hotel when he was telling people to accept the Hammam "gift"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:09:39 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »
Warner, minister for works and infrastructure in the Trinidad and Tobago government, has now been placed under investigation by his own government.

He has?
I sent the reporter an email outlining that glaring error and a link to Liburd's interview with the PM that illustrates the opposite.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »
Everyone's guilty of a little wishful thinking perhaps.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:43:15 PM »

Nah....misrepresenting the truth. Liburd take stick for it the other day, now because is NYTimes is wishful thinking?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »

Nah....misrepresenting the truth. Liburd take stick for it the other day, now because is NYTimes is wishful thinking?
well said

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 02:47:45 PM »
So many factual errors. Its really not that hard to surf the net and find the truth. But then again, I never knew that Lionel Messi was called Leo, so what do I know?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »

Don't be an ass... Lasana is a local journalist with total and complete access to truthful information. He has no excuse for repeatedly stating that Jack Warner was issued a direct order by the judge and that he defied that order. Rob Hughes (or whomever it is) is a foreign journalist who isn't here on the ground and presumably is reliant on what he reads on the Internet. That isn't justifiable, but it is understandable. Find something better to do other than unnecessarily looking fuh talk.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »
no matter how reknowned the writer or the press house, there is no excuse for poor fact checking or sloppy writing. trust is an essential element of why papers like the NY Times remain relevant today. inaccuracies can dimish reputation and trust.

as for whether its an international pandemic...the answer is both. its hits very close to home in t&t because one of our own near the centre of scandal has fostered corruption and mismanagement upon us.

we have to shoulder a portion of the blame for standing by over the years and allowing this man and his minions to gain a stranglehold on the local game. but so too must the international community have to shoulder blame for allowing the globalization and corporatization of football at the expense of community football around the world.

we love to sit and watch la liga and epl on a sunday morning but rarely do we contemplate what effects the internationalization of football has on local leagues and regional economies around the world. i don't think its just t&T that suffering.

i don't begrudge people making money but its goes deeper than some jackass exec stealing money.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:38:26 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »

Don't be an ass... Lasana is a local journalist with total and complete access to truthful information. He has no excuse for repeatedly stating that Jack Warner was issued a direct order by the judge and that he defied that order. Rob Hughes (or whomever it is) is a foreign journalist who isn't here on the ground and presumably is reliant on what he reads on the Internet. That isn't justifiable, but it is understandable. Find something better to do other than unnecessarily looking fuh talk.

Bias much...............there is no way you using that pack ah arse you talk dey to try explain this. Shoulda try tell me teacher I not familiar with WWII since I had to depend on what I read.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 10:55:36 PM »
Bias much...............there is no way you using that pack ah arse you talk dey to try explain this. Shoulda try tell me teacher I not familiar with WWII since I had to depend on what I read.

There's nothing to explain... except to a cunnyhole like you.  You clearly have issues with me taking Lasana to task and decide to drag them feelings yuh toting into a thread that have nothing to do with Lasana.  I didn't give either of them a pass for their inaccuracies, yet you bawling "bias".

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 11:20:00 PM »

There's nothing to explain... except to a cunnyhole like you.  You clearly have issues with me taking Lasana to task and decide to drag them feelings yuh toting into a thread that have nothing to do with Lasana.  I didn't give either of them a pass for their inaccuracies, yet you bawling "bias".

At least this cunnyhole tight and not salty.  :devil:

I eh care who you take to task........holla

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
Maybe 'investigate' is a strong word but the PM has asked the AG to advise on some  of Jack's dealings and the PSC has also asked Gibbs for a report of an investigation in the Hyatt May 10 alleged bribery and we are still waiting to hear the outcomes! So these are investigations at governmental/state  levels ,

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »

At least this cunnyhole tight and not salty.  :devil:

I eh care who you take to task........holla
what exactly is de f**k wrong wid de two ah alllyuh? is freakin jack have allyuh cussin each other out so?

1]; } ?>