March 29, 2024, 09:30:03 AM

Author Topic: Why Foreign born players refuses to commit to Trinidad  (Read 1482 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why Foreign born players refuses to commit to Trinidad
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:06:05 PM »
Lets take a look at the treatment that has been dealt to our foreign born footballers that has chosen to join Trinidad. Kevin Austin, Andre Boucaud , Jason Norville , Jlloyd Samuel, Ricky Shakes and Jake Thomson a. How is it that Jake has not even get a call or trial with the National under 23 while he was our best performing player in the Under 20 World Cuo, Is it that we just use players to our convenience and then let them fo after , We have seen what has happen to those players after representing us, they paid the price by their clubs each being released or shipped out of their clubs after choosing Trinidad. How do we reward them, give them no call up after they are sent to the lower leagues , players who have risked thier contracts to play for us and we dont even have the audacity to call them for gmaes anymore . Yet we persecute players like Zamora for not wanting to join us , if we look at the facts objectively then it is not worth it choosing to represnt the Red White and Black

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Why Foreign born players refuses to commit to Trinidad
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:18:24 PM »
I remember Kevin Austin getting injured while playing for T&T in Bermuda and he went back to England with not even a phone call to see how he doing.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »
I ent holding no brief for the TTFF, but we need to get the facts first before drawing conclusions.
I think the verdict still out on this one.  Maybe is the players themselves who say they ent want to play again (possibly after dealing with the administration).  Maybe is the hassle of the clubs releasing players too.

I think we have to look at it from the TTFF and each players perspective and hear their side of the story.  It might not be as clear cut an issue like it appears on the surface.

We know it have plenty local players who claim the same kinda victimization too...so it ent bound to be a foreign-born player thing alone...although I understand the point you are making that 'we' should treat them fellas with a lil more courtesy than it appears they got.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »
FU#K ZAMORA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »
Look! Who "would want to play for TTFF?"  I wouldn't! And if yuh cut me, I bleed T&T. I think that is the issue, period.

Now desiring to represent T&T, and don the shirt, well as a son of the soil who's navel string like a tap root, there is no question about wanting to representing T&T. One couldn't be prouder.

Any reasonable person can understand that if you're not born there especially with all the TTFF brazen, incompetence and lack of common sense then you might want to really think about it. You might like your parents da, da, da, and their home country but is TTFF we're talking about
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
Look! Who "would want to play for TTFF?"  I wouldn't! And if yuh cut me, I bleed T&T. I think that is the issue, period.

Now desiring to represent T&T, and don the shirt, well as a son of the soil who's navel string like a tap root, there is no question about wanting to representing T&T. One couldn't be prouder.

Any reasonable person can understand that if you're not born there especially with all the TTFF brazen, incompetence and lack of common sense then you might want to really think about it. You might like your parents da, da, da, and their home country but is TTFF we're talking about

NAH u not suppose 2 study dem ting and just play 4 we.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>