April 27, 2024, 07:32:51 PM

Author Topic: Ah Fass...and de board slow  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah Fass...and de board slow
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:31:07 PM »
So when allyuh was growin in T&T..it was nutten for people to walk troo yuh front door to yuh kitchen wearin dey best bata or jimmy shoes

Whey I livin now, dais de equivalent of burnin ah koran in Yemen

In de states tho, ah notice da shoes ting is nuttn, whether man have hardwood or carpet, shoes does stay on when ppl visit
Ah askin because ah witness some weeks back ah southern yankee get somewhat offended when de cdn host ask him to leave his shoes in the foyer

How allyuh Trinis in de usa does deal wit dat? shoes on or off when ppl come in yuh place?

btw everybody still at maracas cool dong or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah Fass...and de board slow
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »
i doh like that shoes inside yuh house thing. Imagine man walking down the road and marshing dog shit and thing, then coming inside meh house wit he shoes normal normal?

nah  :cursing:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »
I notice the same ting on house hunters. Man, woman and chile bouncing through people house with they nasty shoes on. Even wuss.. on a few episodes i see they jump in people 4 poster bed and fancy multi-jet tub with they blasted shoes on.

On another note - I ketch man cocking up they foot on my couch and on the center table in my place  a few times. is that juss as bad?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:26 PM »
Asian wife: Casual Occasions: No shoes through out the house, but for formal occasions yes... (small sacrifice)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 02:18:24 PM »
If you clean my place = Walk around in yu shoes
I clean my place = Take yu shoes off when yu walk through.
If you have ah problem, I will provide you some socks
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:34:49 PM »
No shoes... casual, formal, Prime Minister or housekeeper.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »
is ah trini ting i tink....in meh wife house although the deed in my name shoes off.....but in de yankee culture yuh could galavant all tru de house even in they bedroom with shoes on.no big deal.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:42:52 PM »
Generally shoes off in the States in my experience.

Doh remember Trini being a shoes off culture though... So I always thought shoes off was more American than Trini.

I think it sometimes comes down to how casual, and what else yuh wearing.  I go to nuff house party all over the place, and people eh takin' off dey bess shoe when they reach. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »
Alyuh have carpet or wha?

Down here if a man invite yuh to he house and yuh put on yuh bess footwear and he tell yuh take it orf...dais a kinda small diss.

So whappen alyuh doh mop and sweep when the night come?

When yuh reach home...well yeah shoes orf and yuh walk bout the house in yuh home push toe or barefoot, but yuh doh invite people to a party, dinner or lime and tell them take orf they shoe.

Besides...some people have dread toe jam, they 10 commandments not too nice to look at or bandits waiting to take all the shoes in one fell swoop. Besides down here in the night you ent travelling nowhere so...is front door...car and destination.

Most people if they not getting a drop or somebody to swing for them is a stay home vibes.

In the cold...i could see is a issue with winter boots etc, but down here the most dust yuh gettin is sand from maracas on a sun when a breds pass tru.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »
i have tiles in my house so we dont ask ppl to take their shoes off because the floor is cold and uncomfortable. taking off shoes is not a scene in my house and its up to the individual if they wish to do that
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 05:43:05 AM »
i have tiles in my house so we dont ask ppl to take their shoes off because the floor is cold and uncomfortable. taking off shoes is not a scene in my house and its up to the individual if they wish to do that

CO-SIGNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 06:23:35 AM »
we does always have babies crawling on the floor but I don't think we does tell anybody what to do.  as a family we does leave shoes by the door and I think some people does get a clue from that...but if you invite people over it easy to just pass a quick sweep or mop when they gone if is a big group. and for 1 or 2 people...i does have to tell mihself that the germs go only make the babies stronger...which remind me of a joke in the POS general.  I carry a crawlin baby there las year to check mih eye out and the baby crawlin on the floor in there and I swear the nursing assistant literally run over to me and nearly bite off mih head for havin the baby crawlin on that nasty floor.  but I tend to take a very scientific as opposed to religious: clean/unclean slant on germs.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »
i doh like that shoes inside yuh house thing. Imagine man walking down the road and marshing dog shit and thing, then coming inside meh house wit he shoes normal normal?

Isn't that like an unspoken commandment in the islamic faith?

i don't mind the living room, kitchen and hallway, even the bathroom is cool, but the bedrooms are off limits to shoes, i even build ah shoe rack for my kids so they could take off their shoes before going into the bedroom.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 08:01:52 PM »
Was a bigger issue in the states because of the amount of outside walking in general before coming in, especially in the winter with snow etc. Shoes off no compromise. Cyah be coming in off the nasty subway and walking in the house. Similar reason why i never used to sit on the bed with jeans.

Down here i make it a habit to leave shoes outside but doh make it an issue if guests come inside with shoes. Sometimes they see all the shoes sprawl off outside and follow suit, other times they come in normal but i aint bracing nobody for that. Like Touches say, for the most part is from the car to inside the house.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 07:22:10 AM »
take off yuh shoes dan.....
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

i don't mind the living room, kitchen and hallway, even the bathroom is cool, but the bedrooms are off limits to shoes, i even build ah shoe rack for my kids so they could take off their shoes before going into the bedroom.

not really, its for the masjids.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 07:18:06 AM »
House rules trumps guest.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »

know how much men does go mosque wearin rubber slipper and leave in a nike
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »
[/quote]

lol!! ah wulda quick to call yuh redneck,, if ah didnt see dat play wit mih own eye in de kitchener masjid
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »

yes ppl have all kinda different reasons for doing things.
(Muslim)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
Well Pardners issue is with the floor mats...cause I does see the mat on the ground but if I only go to wipe mih foot on it....well now self is bachannal..."AYE, YUH DIRTYING THE BLASTED MAT BOY !" ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 03:39:04 PM »
In my experience in Canada, removing one's shoes is a social rule, especially during the wintertime. I could understand the reasoning, because the wet snow can really ruin carpets and leave dirty tracks on hardwood floors.

In the States, I know of people who enforce the rule and others who don't. The sense I get is that it is not too much a big deal in general. However, there are people who are very particular about their homes and I don't blame them.

For me, I do not have guests over to my home often, but when I do, I would only enforce the no shoes rule if it has snowed, since I have a carpeted apartment. This is the reason why I would like to move to an apartment with no carpet. It would be much easier to maintain.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »

They call that Zakat!.....lol
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:54 PM »

They call that Zakat!.....lol

Hahahahahaha :laugh:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

1]; } ?>