March 29, 2024, 05:14:06 AM

Author Topic: Barcelona secure first refusal on Boca Juniors players  (Read 1984 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barcelona secure first refusal on Boca Juniors players
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »
Barcelona secure first refusal on Boca Juniors players
The Blaugrana have former a strategic alliance with the Argentine outfit which is likely to prove mutually beneficial in terms of the development of young talent
Barcelona revealed that they have reached an agreement with Boca Juniors which secures the Blaugrana's first refusal on the Argentine outfit's players.

As part of the deal, which was announced on the Blaugrana's official website on Friday, the Catalan Division giants will transfer their 'La Candela' coaching project to Boca.

"In return, Barcelona gets first choice regarding the players that represented the club in Argentina and that from now on shall be wearing the shirt of Boca Juniors," an official statement read.

"The same right will relate to other young players emerging from the club's youth system.

"Boca Juniors will be able to count on the Barcelona structure and human resources for the instruction of their own coaches, the aim being to transmit their philosophy and methods regarding the development of youth footballers."

In addition, Barca have confirmed that they retain the future rights to "more than 300 players" who are now at other clubs in Argentina.

Barca have long enjoyed a productive relationship with Boca, with Diego Maradona and Juan Roman Riquelme among those to have arrived at Camp Nou direct from La Bombonera.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barcelona secure first refusal on Boca Juniors players
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:16:12 PM »
seems like successful teams will continue to be successful by staying ahead of the game. Here the team with the most International titles is joining with the best team in the world today in a symbiotic relationship.
T&T however, starts from scratch ...not just scratch ...but local scratch ........ every time ! we must do it on own  even when it is obvious that our technical, tactical and even physical capabilities are hopelessly outdated.
so we begin again ....starting from way behind the eight ball . Years ago when jamaica football was far behind ours  they confronted that reality and made a significant move, which they have repeated quite a number of times. They sent an entire squad to Brazil to start over with a different approach ....they are now way ahead of us and if we feel we could get ahead of them anytime soon then we must be mad ! 
If we continue to do things the same way yet expect different results ..then we must surely be mad !

Well Boca and Barca have shown that they want to remain among the best ...what is our goal really ? Tiger woods on top of the world ..reinvented his swing ! ....there must be a reason why some are successful ...we are yet to discover the magic formula ..... even when it may be staring us in the face. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »
Ja football was never far behind us. We may have had more Caribbean titles at the time, but the gap was never wide as you may want to believe.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »
To be fair, it doesn't help when Argentina has a population of over 40 million and Spain has over 46 million. That means that for every quality player we produce, they produce more than 40. And quality breeds quality, so the more you produce, the higher the standard.
One Yorke, one Latapy, one Dwarika, one Hislop, one Jones....meanwhile, you can name 40 Argentinians and Spaniards.
We can get better, with proper infrastructure we can rule the Caribbean, and maybe then we can one day beat Argentina or Spain in a one off, but don't set your sights so high that you can never achieve.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:58:55 PM »
To be fair, it doesn't help when Argentina has a population of over 40 million and Spain has over 46 million. That means that for every quality player we produce, they produce more than 40. And quality breeds quality, so the more you produce, the higher the standard.
One Yorke, one Latapy, one Dwarika, one Hislop, one Jones....meanwhile, you can name 40 Argentinians and Spaniards.
We can get better, with proper infrastructure we can rule the Caribbean, and maybe then we can one day beat Argentina or Spain in a one off, but don't set your sights so high that you can never achieve.

Just looking for us to improve our standard that's all ......good results we can hope for when we have something on which we could base our confidence...
I dont aspire to beat argentina or brazil or spain ....not yet anyway maybe not even in my life time ...but surely we are lagging too far behind in our region. It is not even realistic for us to think of beating USA, Costa Rica, Mexico( unless they have already secured qualification ) jamaica, etc. that must change

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
what is sad ...and that why I still bother ...is that i see young footballers ...primary school age who are as good as anyone you will see in brazil, spain, venezuela, argentina, england, etc...but we have no plan for development ....and the gap beteen us and the big teams widens as they grow older.
look where our focus is now ...the under 23 team ...that i can understand ...and the senior team ??? you hearing anything about a plan for the under 12 ? under 14? under 16 ? nah ...just leave dem to the colleges league where Sir will sort them out ...Ah pues !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 09:27:51 PM »
what is sad ...and that why I still bother ...is that i see young footballers ...primary school age who are as good as anyone you will see in brazil, spain, venezuela, argentina, england, etc...but we have no plan for development ....and the gap beteen us and the big teams widens as they grow older.
look where our focus is now ...the under 23 team ...that i can understand ...and the senior team ??? you hearing anything about a plan for the under 12 ? under 14? under 16 ? nah ...just leave dem to the colleges league where Sir will sort them out ...Ah pues !

I have always maintained that college football stifles development. I can point to Daryl Trim, top scorer in the schools league for St Anthonys for 2 years. Now, at 19, he joins a professional club. The football is totally different. Trim is a great player, but he has to begin to learn his trade at 19, while players like Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham plus all of the other greats are playing International football at the same age.

Pro clubs must take control of talented players at age 10, 11, 12. Nurture them, weed out the waste and focus on the talent. 

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
Footbll, like any sport is mainly a cultural thing.
How come Ja does dominate the world in sprinting???
Why China or Argentina who have so much people dont dominate? Why dont they produce 40 Usain Bolt for every Usain that jamaica produce????
The population argumengt is bullshit.

I was one of those people who genuinely believed that Trinidad was blessed with players who were some of the most talented in the world, second to none in natural ability.
having travelled far and wide, lived in a few other countries, I now see that just like most Trinis, we are fooling ourselves.
JaiJohn your statemnt that our primary school footballers could rank with Spain, Argentina etc is even more ludicrous. You feel them yutes from Arima RC could be in the same class as the yutes in La Maisa, or the Madrid or Ajax academy??
Our yutes not any more talented than their counterparts in the US or Canada or Jamaica. Its just we as Trinis have a flair for dribbling, attacking and pleasing the spectators. That why people say we have the most talented yutes in the world. If that was so, how come year in-year out when Trinidad and Jamaica schoolboys play for the challenge trophy, Jamaica school footballers always beat T&T?? Yet I would be the first one to say that we have more natural ability than them....

I spend a few months in Argentina, and I could tell you is like night and day when it comes to football culture compared to the Caribbean. Then yutes play with a passion that hard to explain. in the middle of buenos aires in 12 noon midday u see scores of yutes running on the side of the highway building fitness. Whey u seeing anybody running on the beetham doing that??? LOL.
We too often mix up trini mentality to love small goal and like to dribble with natural talent.
From a technique perspective, our players are piss-poor, not to mention fitness, diet etc etc. And it shows when we play quality opponents, we cant even trap the ball properly, and Mexico makes us look like a bunch of amateurns most times we play them.

But thats not our fault, we were never a football crazy nation like these latin americans or the spaniards.
Just like they not on cricket and track and field.

If feting was a sport, we would be a top 10 team.

But just based on natural athleticism, if caribbean countries were to improve their youth structure and change the mentality, we would dominate concacaf, but that aint happening anytime soon.

All the foreign coach who come and say we blessed just talking political and want us to feel good. What u want them to say? We dont have ballers?

And up to now I aint even bring in them African nation yet who I feel have the most potential in the world....

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 01:09:22 PM »
see uruguay. probably a lil over double our population and they have talent coming through they nose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »
Footbll, like any sport is mainly a cultural thing.
How come Ja does dominate the world in sprinting???
Why China or Argentina who have so much people dont dominate? Why dont they produce 40 Usain Bolt for every Usain that jamaica produce????

I was one of those people who genuinely believed that Trinidad was blessed with players who were some of the most talented in the world, second to none in natural ability.
having travelled far and wide, lived in a few other countries, I now see that just like most Trinis, we are fooling ourselves.
JaiJohn your statemnt that our primary school footballers could rank with Spain, Argentina etc is even more ludicrous. You feel them yutes from Arima RC could be in the same class as the yutes in La Maisa, or the Madrid or Ajax academy??
Our yutes not any more talented than their counterparts in the US or Canada or Jamaica. Its just we as Trinis have a flair for dribbling, attacking and pleasing the spectators. That why people say we have the most talented yutes in the world. If that was so, how come year in-year out when Trinidad and Jamaica schoolboys play for the challenge trophy, Jamaica school footballers always beat T&T?? Yet I would be the first one to say that we have more natural ability than them....

I spend a few months in Argentina, and I could tell you is like night and day when it comes to football culture compared to the Caribbean. Then yutes play with a passion that hard to explain. in the middle of buenos aires in 12 noon midday u see scores of yutes running on the side of the highway building fitness. Whey u seeing anybody running on the beetham doing that??? LOL.
We too often mix up trini mentality to love small goal and like to dribble with natural talent.
From a technique perspective, our players are piss-poor, not to mention fitness, diet etc etc. And it shows when we play quality opponents, we cant even trap the ball properly, and Mexico makes us look like a bunch of amateurns most times we play them.

But thats not our fault, we were never a football crazy nation like these latin americans or the spaniards.

If feting was a sport, we would be a top 10 team.

But just based on natural athleticism, if caribbean countries were to improve their youth structure and change the mentality, we would dominate concacaf, but that aint happening anytime soon.

All the foreign coach who come and say we blessed just talking political and want us to feel good. What u want them to say? We dont have ballers?

And up to now I aint even bring in them African nation yet who I feel have the most potential in the world....

You kinda answered your own question there, bro. China don't have 40 Bolts, like Ja don't have 40 top class gymnasts.

The population argument is very relative when taken in context to sport. If USA didn't focus first on NFL, Baseball & NBA, they may have a team up there withn Spain and Brazil. If Brazil switched overnight from Football to Cricket, they may mash up global cricket.

The fact is that cream rises to the top, and the more milk there is, there more cream is produced. What you can influence as a nation is the quality of the cream. In T&T, it is my belief that we start too late to develop the raw material. We can definately produce more talented players if we have the infrastructure.

And your point about fetes is very real. Many countries spend money developing their national game and corporate bodies pump in millions. If 50% of the money spent on carnival, parties and fetes was pumped into football, we would have a chance. But given the choice, most Trinis would probably choose the fetes etc. And why not?  Trinidad is a fantastic place to have fun. If you're good at something, why change. You just have to accept that football and cricket come second.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »

The population argument is very relative when taken in context to sport. If USA didn't focus first on NFL, Baseball & NBA, they may have a team up there withn Spain and Brazil. If Brazil switched overnight from Football to Cricket, they may mash up global cricket.

I hear yuh, but again, the fact that the US decide to focus on other sports - isnt that more a cultural thing??
Good points though...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »
I can see we agree that development is lacking if we are to reach higher levels. when i mentioned about primary school players having talent as any of their age group in top footballing countries I was referring to raw talent. Let usain not train ..or Lebron ...or Messi ...or Tevez ...they would look ordinary. What they have is talent that < if nurtured in the proper manner, would take them higher than most sportspeople their age.
i have been following youth football for a long time ...I expected to see wondrous things from 12 year olds in latin america ....I see the same ability in Yes ...Arima primary school boys ....not everyone but you will see standout players . They have the talent ... no development plan ...will see them in 10 years at the same level just bigger.
When villa took Yorke ...The story goes that there  was no difference between him and Hutchinson ...so they decided on Yorke because he was younger. One football pundit laughed saying " if he turns out to be a primership player than i am a monkey's uncle " we all know that Yorke made it and played for one of the world's best teams ..in the premiership ..but what about hutchinson ? he returned home ....!!
Now if he was even at a little lower level than Yorke how come he did not even command a place on the local team ? ...
If we continue to let " Sir " take charge between 12-19 we will discover by age 23 that our players are way behind in awareness of how the game is to be played and that is why I posted the story about Boca and Barcelona .
The barca prototype is now the blueprint for the way football is to be played but Boca produces the players who can adapt to it ...so why not hook up ? We on the other hand believe we can do it by ourselves ( go local ...give angus a try, give hutson ah try give Anton another try ) are not aligning ourselves with any academy...football club...etc to help in our players development ... others are doing it however and before we realise it barbados, jamaica, St kitts , St lucia will have done it.....but we shall see.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
on another note ...I saw a video of Messi at age 10 or so ...he was just dribbling ..like any youngster at that age would be inclined to do ...left without development he would be just like some of our former intercol stars ....Rocke, marcelle, Clausel, ...> Folks forget Messi is himself a product of the barcelone system . The ones who made it went out ...Leonsen, latapy, Yorke , shaka ...they went into development programmes and we have seen the results . I also believe Hutson Charles, Ian clausel, garnet Craig, anton corneal with good breaks could have become stars as well ...there were others ...Jughead, Bert neptune, Ron la forest, sammy etc...
when will we ever learn / when will we ever learn ...we cant get any of our players into top football leagues anymore ...we writing up players ..calling them pros ...as they are playing for money ...long time professional meant more than that . Yes a you could have a degree but there are degrees of degrees...where did you obtain your degree ....If the answer is harvard , Cambridge Oxford or the like you ask no further questions ...some of our pros returning home cant even make the team ...go figure!

1]; } ?>