April 27, 2024, 05:49:34 PM

Author Topic: U-23s to face Jamaica next Wednesday.  (Read 8072 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
U-23s to face Jamaica next Wednesday.
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »
U-23s to face Jamaica next Wednesday.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

A 21-man Trinidad and Tobago Under 23 Men’s team will face Jamaica’s Under 23s in a friendly encounter on March 7 at the Edward Seaga Complex from 7pm.

The squad, under head coach Angus Eve, will depart for Kingston on Tuesday and will also face a Jamaican Premier League club on March 9 before heading to Fort Lauderdale for a training camp.

Eve is anticipating a good work out from the Jamaicans as they are also expected to include some senior players in the line-up for the clash next Wednesday.

“It’s a good warm up for us to have at this stage of the preparation. Of course several of our players would have played on Friday and then on Sunday before we head off to Jamaica but we’re hoping everyone remains injury free and then we’ll be set for the rest of the campaign going into the final round,” Eve told TTFF Media on Sunday.

Her Excellency High Commissioner Dr. Iva Gloudon will also meet the T&T contingent during their brief stay in Jamaica

The Olympic qualifying round is not set within a FIFA date which means that the clubs are not obligated to release the players. Belgium club Raving Genk will not release Khaleem Hyland but in the case of the local and US clubs, the TTFF appreciates their cooperation and support as they will be releasing the players for an extended period which also includes the training camp in Fort Lauderdale from March 10 up until the end of the qualifiers in April.

T&T are slated to play five training matches in Fort Lauderdale including one against Canada’s Under 23 team and another against Orlando City, pro team of midfielder Kevin Molino.

“We are looking to play five matches within the two week period before the tournament,” Eve said. 

“We will play three matches in the first week to assess the new overseas players coming in in terms of their fitness and how well they fit into the squad and then the final week we will play a couple more games as we decide on the final squad for the tournament.”

Team manager William Wallace said that Molino, Sean De Silva and Columbus Crew’s Kevan George will join the squad in the US. However there is some uncertainty over Mekeil Williams who recently signed with Polish club Pogon Szczecin FC while US-born player Nick De Leon has not committed to date.

“We have confirmation on three of the players but there’s no final word on the availability of Williams and De Leon who has indicated his willingness to play but we are still awaiting final word from him. If that doesn’t come within the next week or so then we will arrange to suit by use of another player,” Wallace said.

T&T 21-man squad to Jamaica

San Juan Jabloteh - Sheldon Bateau.
Defence Force F.C. - Sheldon Clarke, Curtis Gonzales.
North East Stars - Kaydion Gabriel, Andre Marchan, Jean-Luc Rochford, Jeromie Williams.
Caledonia AIA - Trevin Caesar, Jamal Gay, Micah Lewis, Nuru Abdullah Mohammad, Aquil Selby.
St. Ann's Rangers F.C. - Kareem Moses, Cameron Roget.
T&TEC F.C. - Jayson Joseph, Marcus Joseph.
W Connection - Joevin Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Jomal Williams, Leslie Russell.
1st Santa Rosa FC – Daneil Cyrus.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:18:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: U-23s to face Jamaica next Wednesday.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
Buss dey tail, fellas.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
This is a good move by the TTFF. Creating a relationship with Orlando City can be good for the future of our football, look how they helped Molino progress. Hopefully Rochford, Cyrus etc can impress in this game and earn a try out. Im also happy that Mekeil Williams is gonna miss this, let the man stay with his club and establish himself. Its probably also a good thing that DeLeon turned us down this time. I believe that if we do well and DeLeon shines, the US would call him up like Aaron Maund and everything would be a waste. Im also assuming that Cato & Thomson cant be called up because of club commitments. However i still dont understand how Britto didnt make the roster, it sounds like hes been doing well in the pro league. Another coach who thinks that Winchester & Britto cant play together,however they seem to do well at W Connection. ???

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »
ah find they playing too much matches in a short time....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
Good luck Angus. I really mean that.
I support you as a coach, instilling real passion, knowledge & refreshing Trini "do-or-die" in yuh players.
Jess do me a favour and and stay out of the Jackula, Scampito and Rodent scandal and resist being corrupted by those who wish you to be an impediment to change.
Jess play de "fitball" as Big Mag say and we go be cool.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
:rotfl: Yuh know somebody is gonna find look for a fault, nah.

And if not that, it's gonna be something else

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »
Creating a relationship with Orlando City can be good for the future of our football, look how they helped Molino progress.

It's a good idea, but it has never worked out for us so far. Newcastle and FC Dallas come to mind.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »
:rotfl: Yuh know somebody is gonna find look for a fault, nah.

And if not that, it's gonna be something else

Well ah feel BM have a valid point dey. is 5 games in 2weeks de man say. dat seems to be a lot to me too.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:16:21 AM »
Good set of games by the TTFF.

However, it strange to see over 6 foreign players trial with the team and none got picked, are they really that bad or is Angus a bias local coach.

Britto and Johan Peltier is also out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 05:10:26 AM »
Really sad that Hyland was refused time to play for TT in the qualifying matches in the USA,why cant these big countries show some compassion on the small countries,arguably our best player wont be there to give us an even better chance. :(

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:48:40 AM »
Really sad that Hyland was refused time to play for TT in the qualifying matches in the USA,why cant these big countries show some compassion on the small countries,arguably our best player wont be there to give us an even better chance. :(

yuh is ah cyat hole and if anyone takes time to explain the OBVIOUS to you they jes as f**king dotish.

go and put ah big stone on yuh shirt to mark yuh place...come to this side of the internet and try to see the shit yuh jes ask.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »
truetrini sc;
I am more than aware of the reason why Hyland wasn't released I do not need you or anybody to tell me bout rules and regulations,I just thought that a big country with plenty football history should show some compassipon on a small country,I know bout the rules.Now crawl back under yuh rock YUH UGLY TWAT.
Doh rassclart cum back an write no shit pon dis MB caz me na go read it yuh STINKING LABBA MOUT c**tHOLE,YUH GET MEH.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:44:21 AM by frico »

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »
Best of luck

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:33 AM »
Best of luck

Hmm, not sure JAmaica even has an active under-23 squad at the moment, but I suppose they can use 3 or 4 of the guys who recently played on the senior team + the best qualified candidates from the RSPL.  Not sure what to make of this game, but given that your boys have been playing together for some time now, i'd expect you to have a more cohesive unit...1-0 goal victory for the boyz or tied game  ;)

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 11:30:47 AM »
only smh :) ;)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
Go yutes put it on dem  hard...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »
Still no Leston Paul mentioned ....arguably our best player .........makes no sense to me

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »
allyuh sure is Eve pick dat team????

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »
Best of luck

Hmm, not sure JAmaica even has an active under-23 squad at the moment, but I suppose they can use 3 or 4 of the guys who recently played on the senior team + the best qualified candidates from the RSPL.  Not sure what to make of this game, but given that your boys have been playing together for some time now, i'd expect you to have a more cohesive unit...1-0 goal victory for the boyz or tied game  ;)

RF Jamaica will get a cutass. You as well know that. '

This team on fire

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
like the TTFF get set up what a waste  these are high school boys

Jamaica, T&T for U23 battle
Published: Tuesday | March 6, 2012 0 Comments

National senior representatives Tramaine Stewart and Andrae Campbell head a strong Jamaica 24-man Under-23 squad selected to take on their Trinidad and Tobago counterparts.

The Jamaican team, which also includes players from the Under-20 squad which is currently preparing for the Caribbean Football Union qualifiers, will oppose the Trinidadians tomorrow at the Edward Seaga Sports Complex, starting at 7 p.m. The CFU qualifying series is set to begin in May.

The Trinidadians, who are scheduled to arrive in the island today, will oppose the Portmore United Under-23 team in their final match on Friday at Ferdie Neita Park, starting at 8 p.m. They are using the tour of Jamaica as part of their preparations for Olympic qualifiers later this year.

SQUAD

Jamaica: Kendon Anderson (St George's College), Jovani Simms (Charlie Smith), Alanzo Adlam (Portmore United), Jorghino James (Kingston College), Romeo Parkes (Tivoli Gardens), Davion Kelly (St George's College), Dino Williams (Village United), Andrew Allen (Charlie Smith), Andrew Vanzie (Portmore United), Kareem Manning (St George's College), Alvas Powell (Paul Bogle), Upston Edwards (Portmore United), Theo Brown (Waterhouse), Ewan Grandison (Portmore United), Romario Jones (St George's College), Andrew Lewis (St George's College), Shevon Paul (Portmore United), Kemo Wallace (Wolmer's Boys), Oshane Jenkins (St George's College), Ryan Miller (St George's College) Rashaun Patterson (Camperdown), Richard Trench (Rusea's High).

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:24:18 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »
Best of luck

RF Jamaica will get a cutass. You as well know that. '

This team on fire

Yes, i did say i expect the Trinisto be more cohesive...but, in football, the ball is always round  ;D

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
Cocorite......smh means Shaking My Head

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 09:06:29 AM »
Cocorite......smh means Shaking My Head

Okay thanks. Care to elaborate?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
DC/MD/VA massive ... if yuh so inclined ... El Salvador U23s having a run out v. the University of Maryland Terrapins for the whopping price of $20 ... Sunday, March 11, 2012 @ 2:30pm at the Maryland SoccerPlex.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »
Wah is the scenes with this game?

Offline doublesandsolo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »
what's the score and internet feed?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »
SCORE???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 07:21:23 PM »
No SWO bloggers in Jamaica to give us an update? You all sticking!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
DC/MD/VA massive ... if yuh so inclined ... El Salvador U23s having a run out v. the University of Maryland Terrapins for the whopping price of $20 ... Sunday, March 11, 2012 @ 2:30pm at the Maryland SoccerPlex.

If it was in College Park I would go. But the Soccerplex is quite a pull from DC.

1]; } ?>