April 29, 2024, 11:39:22 AM

Author Topic: The Warrior Call podcast, with special guest Lasana Liburd.  (Read 3875 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Warrior Call podcast, with special guest Lasana Liburd.
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:17:10 PM »

Welcome to the 4th episode of the Warrior Call podcast entitled "Get Wired!". Your hosts Dinho, Football Supporter and Tallman are back with special guest, sports journalist Lasana Liburd. They discuss Lasana's journalistic contributions to T&T football, his coverage of the 2006 World Cup Warriors' legal battle with the TTFF, the threat of legal action made against him by Jack Warner, his groundbreaking website Wired868.com and much more. Heed "The Call" and enjoy!

Listen

Listen on itunes
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:32:13 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: The Warrior Call podcast, with special guest Lasana Liburd.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:55:17 AM »
Very well done guys. Lasana, Tallman, Football Supporter, and Dinho. I am optimistic these efforts are not in vain. Each of you brought weight to bear on issues beyond a mere beloved sport.

The human issues of ethics; being your neighbor's keeper; accountability; checks and balances; the evils of unchecked power; crediting the hard work, sacrifice, courage, and dedication of our representatives (our own blood brothers) the '06 Warriors; and sending the message that justice will be brought to bear on all who choose to practice a life of wickedness.

Thanks for the work you're doing.

:applause:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
Pure niceness

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
Respec'.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:09:56 PM »
Wired868: Feedback wanted

What do you think of Wired868 so far? What do you feel Wired868 brings to the local information industry? What do you see as Wired868's potential and what direction would you like to see the site take?

Please share your thoughts with us at editor@wired868.com and also indicate your town/city of residence, occupation and, if you choose, your age. Also tell us if you would like your message to remain private or if we can share with readers and/or advertisers.

You can also give us feedback on our Facebook page.

We appreciate your support and encourage you to continue spreading the word about Wired868 among your friends and to "like" our stories and share them on the social media. Please write back; we look forward to hearing from you.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 05:53:10 AM »
Lasana say he site is leading site for football.....  :rotfl: :rotfl:

He writes mostly about de federation/Jack Warner (which I real happy to see him exposing de crook) and a few small reports about de Under 23 team and saying he site is de biggest and best in local football. Pure assness if you ask me. Maybe he is de best writer in T&T.

No one could surpass the SWO when it comes to T&T football, SWO covers everything including nice vids, photos and a forum that is pure wothlessness does be going on here....  ;D

And Lasana should be more than grateful because I notice how the SWO does carry his stories a certain way where visitors get directed to his website but yet he have nothing linking back to SWO.

Flex allyuh good we !!!!!

This man getting millions of hits and alot of SWO visitors and all he could say is keep up the good work, not a mention of how the SWO helps him, or Flex or Tallman !!!..

All them links will be dead soon if de site goes down and then them stories will be worthless.

I am a SWO till I die !!!!!!

Flex, you come a long way and now the SWO (your website) is internationally know, dont let nobody come and ride on yuh back for them benefit.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »

He writes mostly about de federation/Jack Warner (which I real happy to see him exposing de crook) and a few small reports about de Under 23 team and saying he site is de biggest and best in local football. Pure assness if you ask me. Maybe he is de best writer in T&T.

No one could surpass the SWO when it comes to T&T football, SWO covers everything including nice vids, photos and a forum that is pure wothlessness does be going on here....  ;D

And Lasana should be more than grateful because I notice how the SWO does carry his stories a certain way where visitors get directed to his website but yet he have nothing linking back to SWO.

This man getting millions of hits and alot of SWO visitors and all he could say is keep up the good work, not a mention of how the SWO helps him, or Flex or Tallman !!!..

All them links will be dead soon if de site goes down and then them stories will be worthless.

Flex, you come a long way and now the SWO (your website) is internationally know, dont let nobody come and ride on yuh back for them benefit.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beermug: :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 08:46:11 AM »
Very interesting and observant Sam.

:beermug:

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 04:17:53 AM »

Glad to see you guys waking up.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »

Everybody touts their service as "the best" etc.... that is nothing more than 'puffery', or what we would call 'gun talk'.  No need to read more into it than there really is.

As for feedback, Lasana needs to be more objective in his reporting, particularly where it comes to Jack Warner.  He needs to be doubly sure that he has his facts in order, because he hasn't always done that, and he needs to decide whether he's writing as a columnist (with a particular bias and opinion) or whether he's writing as a journalist, simply and objectively reporting the facts.  He cannot continue to keep 'editorializing' his articles and expect people to take him seriously.  All that said, he continues to be a credit to the local profession, and continues to do a great service to local football... and its fans, in particular.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:35:29 PM »

Everybody touts their service as "the best" etc.... that is nothing more than 'puffery', or what we would call 'gun talk'.  No need to read more into it than there really is.

As for feedback, Lasana needs to be more objective in his reporting, particularly where it comes to Jack Warner.  He needs to be doubly sure that he has his facts in order, because he hasn't always done that, and he needs to decide whether he's writing as a columnist (with a particular bias and opinion) or whether he's writing as a journalist, simply and objectively reporting the facts.  He cannot continue to keep 'editorializing' his articles and expect people to take him seriously.  All that said, he continues to be a credit to the local profession, and continues to do a great service to local football... and its fans, in particular.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here Bakes...although I think Lisana's approach (my opinion now) just fitting a needed niche right now.  I have seen some brilliant articles from Lisana when he was at the Express, both as a journalist and as a columnist.  But the way I see it now...it is what is needed to expose Jack for what he is.  You are right when you say journalist who 'editorialize' their own articles are never taken seriously.  I just glad it have at least this one local journalist who have the courage to expose Warner and face him head on.  The rest of them will continue to sing for their supper.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »
I agree with a lot of what you're saying here Bakes...although I think Lisana's approach (my opinion now) just fitting a needed niche right now.  I have seen some brilliant articles from Lisana when he was at the Express, both as a journalist and as a columnist.  But the way I see it now...it is what is needed to expose Jack for what he is.  You are right when you say journalist who 'editorialize' their own articles are never taken seriously.  I just glad it have at least this one local journalist who have the courage to expose Warner and face him head on.  The rest of them will continue to sing for their supper.

Pardners, very fair comment.  Don't get me wrong... I see nothing with the approach, other than (in my view) it has to be an 'either or'  approach. Either you're a journalist, or you're a columnist.  I see the blurring of the lines, where opinion gets mixed in with the reporting in the same article to be problematic.  I think people legitimately start to question one's objectivity when one starts presenting 'facts' in such a way as to promote a particular agenda.  Agenda-driven articles belong under the byline of a columnist.  Straight reporting should be kept separate, oftentimes if one is clear enough with the facts one present, the savvy audience can connect the dots themselves without one having to do so for them.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »

Pardners, very fair comment.  Don't get me wrong... I see nothing with the approach, other than (in my view) it has to be an 'either or'  approach. Either you're a journalist, or you're a columnist.  I see the blurring of the lines, where opinion gets mixed in with the reporting in the same article to be problematic.  I think people legitimately start to question one's objectivity when one starts presenting 'facts' in such a way as to promote a particular agenda.  Agenda-driven articles belong under the byline of a columnist.  Straight reporting should be kept separate, oftentimes if one is clear enough with the facts one present, the savvy audience can connect the dots themselves without one having to do so for them.

Nice one Bakes, I agree with you 100% on this!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Pastor Stuart

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
As an official SWO member now, I would like to asked the men who creates these podcast to line me up with a Sunday morning service.

Our nation needs prayer and I will gladly step forward and lend my service.

“Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.”

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »
As an official SWO member now, I would like to asked the men who creates these podcast to line me up with a Sunday morning service.

Our nation needs prayer and I will gladly step forward and lend my service.

“Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.”

yuh in de wrong place with yuh ministry fella

Offline Pastor Stuart

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 11:29:50 AM »
Why are you personally attacking me ?

I never disrespected you !

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

- Luke 6:27

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »
Why are you personally attacking me ?

I never disrespected you !

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.

- Luke 6:27

I not attacking you...!  I re-directing you...doh get yuh panties all knotted.

Offline Pastor Stuart

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 11:33:51 AM »
This place is full of sin.

Bless them that curse you: when wicked men curse you, as Shimei cursed David, do not "render evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise, blessing"; give good words, use kind language, mild and soft expressions.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
Let's talk football and leave the stories/fables to the general discussion thread!  :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »
steups....you not a sinner?  I remember Jesus saying somthing about casting the first stone...remember that?  and something about beam in yuh eye etc. etc. etc.???

Now if yuh feel that you can contribute to the well being of souls here ask Flex and Tallman to set you up with a child board to preach...NOT here nah...keep yuh propaganda and mythology to yuhself

Daft I asked de man to do dat already yuh know.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »
steups....you not a sinner?  I remember Jesus saying somthing about casting the first stone...remember that?  and something about beam in yuh eye etc. etc. etc.???

Now if yuh feel that you can contribute to the well being of souls here ask Flex and Tallman to set you up with a child board to preach...NOT here nah...keep yuh propaganda and mythology to yuhself

Daft I asked de man to do dat already yuh know.

yeah ah know, meh eh trying to jump on yuh bandwagon but the scripture at the end of every post irking meh! I want him to know that you're not the only one that is recommending this approach, to the religious thing he on!

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 11:42:59 AM »
I know.  I was too abrasive though I seeing dat now.  Pastor Stuart ah sorry....

Offline Pastor Stuart

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:10 PM »
I know.  I was too abrasive though I seeing dat now.  Pastor Stuart ah sorry....

I accept your apology and will stick around for a while now that you have apologised.

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

- Matthew 6:14-15

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 08:32:18 PM »
  Trinitrini: ah :o :o :o :o :o you apoligizeing to the pastor ?something wong, jack going to be convicted of ah crime ,nah somthing not right here or yuh jus changing. ;D ;D
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>