March 28, 2024, 11:44:59 PM

Author Topic: Canada U-23 to face Trinidad and Tobago  (Read 6314 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Canada U-23 to face Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
#4 is Kevan George
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »
T&T go down to Canada 1-0.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 23 footballers will be looking to end their slate of matches in Fort Lauderdale on a high note when they take on Barry University from 6pm on Sunday after going down 1-0 to Canada’s Olympic Men’s team on Friday evening.

In a game played at the Holiday Inn Sports Complex, Sunrise, T&T fell behind in the 29th minute when Evan James shot past goalkeeper Andre Marchan after skipping past several challenges from the T&T defense. T&T head coach Angus Eve was left shouting at his players for their untidy work at the back as they allowed James way too much space before he unleashed a right footer past a stranded Marchan.

Eve left out at least six of his regular starters from the game and gave strike pair Cordell Cato and Shahdon Winchester their first start of the tour. Missing was in form forward Jamal Gay, captain Sheldon Bateau, defenders Leslie Russell and Kareem Moses, Daneil Cyrus, Micah Lewis and Jayson Joseph.

At times Cato created problems with his speedy runs on the right flank and he linked up well with Winchester who muffed two great opportunities on goal for T&T.

On 23 minutes Winchester headed wide of the left post from a right side delivery after good work by Cato and ten minutes from the break the W Connection striker saw another header miss the target following a Marcus Joseph delivery.

Canada, with  Trinidadian technical director Stephen Hart on their bench, were organized and maintained good possession for large periods of the game but were not entirely dangerous in attack.

Eve introduced Trevin Caesar in the second half but he was ejected in the closing stages for a vicious tackle which caused an altercation between players of both teams for a brief moment.

Cyrus, Jayson Joseph and Lewis also went on but could not find an equalizer despite a couple near misses as the end approached including a well taken right footed free kick near the edge of the box in the final minute which Canadian goalkeeper Michal Misiewicz pushed over bar. Substitute Cameron Roget also hit over bar from close range after a goalmouth scrimmage in added on time.

Eve later admitted that he would have preferred a better result but didn’t sound worried by any means.

“I thought we played well and we’re just finished that final component in the team. We are giving away very soft goals which we are not really accustomed to. We are creating a lot of chances and we’re not taking the chances on one end and giving away goals on the other,” Eve told TTFF Media

Regarding his changes, he explained: “This is a training camp and we need to see players step up to the plate at this time. This game was not only about winning but to see some of these players who just came in like Shahdon Winchester and Cordell Cato who just came in and young Kevan George who has been fantastic for us in midfield.

We changed up the entire back four as well and it’s about giving these all the boys the opportunity before we select the final squad for California this weekend,” Eve added.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:59:00 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »
I get d distinct impression dat someting change wit d team over d last few months remember d fee v stipend issue....remember... eve being the selfish person he has since shown himself to be, not really backing them up. tings does play on yuh mind
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
The team is way too direct, too predictable.   We have to be able to make the transition from defense to offense without having to kick the ball down field  BOOM!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 03:59:36 AM »
canadaspccer.com quote - "We set a few goals for our training session (match) today," said Fonseca in reference to the Canada v Trinidad and Tobago exhibition. "It was a session for us (in which) we asked them to do a few things. At the end of the game, I just said 'mission accomplished' because they did what was asked of them."

When asked, coach Fonseca identified Bryce Alderson and Babayele Sodade as two players who played well on Friday.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2012, 04:14:16 AM »
#4 is Kevan George

I am almost 100% sure Kevan George is number 5 or so he played as in their last game !!!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:14:39 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 05:32:23 AM »
#4 is Kevan George

I am almost 100% sure Kevan George is number 5 or so he played as in their last game !!!

ok cause this guy here looks like kevan ....

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:35:57 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 05:35:27 AM »
That looks like Joevin Jones to me... but surely not George...

See video vs Ft Lauderdale Lakers and confirm George is number 5...

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 06:56:27 AM »
#4 is Sheldon Beateau the skipper

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 07:20:28 AM »
#4 is Sheldon Beateau the skipper

If you read the above report it was stated that Sheldon Bateau among others were rested...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
I know friendlies are meant to experiment and try different things, but this team has had some appalling results last few games...The only game I would not be too worried about was the loss against the Jamaican club team, but the Ja U-23, the local FLorida teama nd now the Canada U-23 team - these teams should have nothing on us.
Our olympic team has been together for a while.
They have had a lot invested in them.
The Jamaican U-23 team, which I know is not that different to us in terms of quality (they got knocked out in the 93min from Suriname) - they have not been together as a unit for as long as us.
The Fort Lauferdale team - wtf,  a local, semi-pro state team dusting our national olympic squad??? Steups.
At 22 years old, your team should not be that different to your senior squad, so big man vs U-23 at this level dont really mean much.
Canada is a top quality team, they will be competing for a spot just like us, but from the reports, we are not looking good.
I hope Eve know in his heart that Canada was also experimenting too, and, given that,  the reason for our poor performance does not hold. Why did they not look poor? Why did they not lose the game?
Winning is a mentality, a habit, sometime u win a game after playing poorly. I scared these guys have lost that winning mentality....

Do we feel we are the only team in CONCACAF who have issues getting players together ideally? We might have the least problems, as most of those other teams have a full roster of full time professionals.
Stop making excuses for the team.

This is a promising team for us, big time, and much is expected. But this U-23 qualification is gonna be real hard, perhaps harder than any Hexagonal. Only 2 teams qualify. We could get seriously embarrassed, even with a decent team.

At this point, we should have finished experimenting with formations and fringe players.
We should be working on players aptitide to adjust quickly to change in formations and instructions, controlling a game and closing it out at our will.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »
what i don't get is ...how you get an opportunity to play a practice game, against who is arguably the most quality opposition you could find, and yuh rest yuh main players...what is the f#@kin point in getting the game...to make yu bench stronger, and get them ready for sitting on bench...best but yuh cancel all the games and make them watch champions league like we.....then they go know everything bout football, like we.....but even I doh get this one

such a young choice
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:58:44 PM by maxg »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2012, 04:01:28 PM »
Maxg- I  share your sentiments, Canada is a quality team and at this stage you should start your best eleven , at least for the first half. Let us hope this is not the same shit another day. From the reports it looks like the same ole Boom Kick we playing .

truetrini

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2012, 07:20:21 PM »
Canada is a decent team, and not better than T&T.

Well, I must say this performance, even against limited opposition was excellent.

The absent midfield was suddenly present.  The introduction of Sean De Silva was certainly a game changer.

Clarema United players and supporters were all asking about eh "white boy," who was "wicked on the left foot or the right foot!"

Again, Jamal Gay was difficult to handle as was Cato with his speed.  Our defense was much, much better today, we held shape and played like a team on a mission.

The comments from the Clarema United players and supporters were encouraging as was the play of the T&T U 23's.

I know that there is some criticism of Coach Eve's decision to play fringe players, but if he is to be faulted is for bringing too many payers to have look at...he cannot bring them and then not give them a chance to play!!!

That said it seems pretty obvious that there will be few changes to the team we have all seen already!

Even though we lost to Canada with some sloppy play, there were glimpses of what this team could accomplish.

Canada is a decent team, but so is T&T...I can honestly say, after watching Canada play this evening that they are not better than we are.

We have a big team, physically imposing, twin towers in the center back, nippy forwards and with Molino and Sean De Silva in mid field to cause headaches.

Cato has some deft touches and real speed, Kevan George is looking decent, I am impressed with Cyrus and his penchant for forays up field.

This performance was very polished and we looked a National Team!!!  Again I concede this was not world class opposition, but we did the job today and we did it with pure aggression.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 06:36:06 PM »

truetrini

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
Everybody is a coach!

The man took players to have a look, AND possibly to keep others on their toes...knowing others are vying for your spot.

Maybe, just maybe that was his reasoning?

How do you take players and not play them?

If he did not take players everyone would say he is biased and not trying players out.

He tried them out and same old talk.

1]; } ?>