May 01, 2024, 03:05:44 AM

Author Topic: English Commentators / media  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
English Commentators / media
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
No wonder so many English players have such inflated egos of their true ability.
Today the commentators said three times in the first half, that Joe Hart is the best
goalkeeper in the World. Now if he had thrown in "the potential" I would have said, fine!
Let the man play, achieve something and then give him his due reward nah.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

Re: English Commentators / media
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »
Maybe part of their problem is they only watch EPL football.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 09:52:59 AM »
 Joe Hart? lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »
He is not the best, but he has potential to be a one of the top keepers. I watched him this season and he has impressed me.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:05 AM »
Any idea who the commentator was? They shouldn't be giving their opinions at all  :thumbsdown:  :beermug:

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 10:41:40 AM »
eh just give me Roy Hudson's commentary and I will be happy. that man is a CLASSIC!!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »
Joe Hart has taken his game to another level over the past 2 seasons, he is probably in the top 2/3 in the prem league and is showing signs that he will be a top keeper for many years to come.

But he aint de best in the world............lol

If City continue their rise up the world football charts, he will have a big part to play and in doing that, he will get his just due in time.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 12:08:35 PM »
Just remember this is the same English media who print that Rooney was better than Pele at his age.

That Michael Owen was one of the greatest strikers in the world.

That La Liga is a 2 team never mind English sides always getting toast in Europe.

They print that England was a favorite to win the World Cup for about the last 6 World Cups.

Also the same media that print that Tim Henman would win Wimbledon year upon year and that England cricket team was the greatest in the world when they scrape win the Ashes.

Go figure.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 12:32:19 PM »
still prefer them over de yanks.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »
For real!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »
No wonder so many English players have such inflated egos of their true ability.
Today the commentators said three times in the first half, that Joe Hart is the best
goalkeeper in the World. Now if he had thrown in "the potential" I would have said, fine!
Let the man play, achieve something and then give him his due reward nah.

Nothing wrong with a bit of hyperbole... I doubt they were taking themselves seriously as they were saying it.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
English commentators are notoriously biased.....its almost legendary.

When any Englishman puts in a hell of a performance they hail them as the 'best in the world'. And its not limited to football either. Dinho provided good examples of it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »

Capo me and u agree on sumting. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 08:45:15 PM »
But dinho la liga is a 2 Team and always has been with a few small exceptions ..... And how English teams always getting toast ? This looking like the only bad year for a while....of the last 5 champs finals 5 of the finalists were English , 3 Spanish and one each of Germany and Italy ....sounds like toast

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »
But dinho la liga is a 2 Team and always has been with a few small exceptions ..... And how English teams always getting toast ? This looking like the only bad year for a while....of the last 5 champs finals 5 of the finalists were English , 3 Spanish and one each of Germany and Italy ....sounds like toast

This is the first time in about 5 years like you pointed out, that the English teams are having a bad season in Europe. People getting carried away just because they are getting beat up this season in Europe. The BPL is still the best league, even players playing abroad outside of England thinks that.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 10:39:24 PM »

This is the first time in about 5 years like you pointed out, that the English teams are having a bad season in Europe. People getting carried away just because they are getting beat up this season in Europe. The BPL is still the best league, even players playing abroad outside of England thinks that.

Yeah, ok.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 02:44:32 AM »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:36 AM »

So Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar think the Premier League is the best league in the world?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:43:33 AM by boss »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »
I think commentators from many countries are biased, we just have a long history of hearing English commentary.

TnT commentary is not much better when we playing teams that we expect to beat with no real justification (like Guyana). And the US commentary at the Olympics is no worse than the English. Spanish press is not much different. The way that Marca protects Real fans from the truth is similar to the way the national team gets treated by the national press.

Without hearing the commentary from other countries it is hard to say that the English are especially biased.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 06:55:45 AM »

My bad i shouldve been more specific i was referring to Europa... I agree that La Liga is a 2 team league although I think the top 4 in England is the best in Europe and it has shown in the Champions League during the last few seasons..

Outside the top 4 competing in the Europa is what I was referring to where English teams are usually outmatched. In the last few seasons, teams like Sevilla, Villareal, Atletico Madrid have done very well in Europa while English teams from that tier (Spurs, Everton, Fulham) struggle.

When you go down the La Liga table you find alot of technically sound teams that play good football and can compete with anyone but as you go down the EPL team, you get teams that depend more on hard graft than anything else.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
Totally agree , Spanish teams have dominated Europa and reach the furthest .... But those teams that win it have no business being there, like Sevilla and athletico they should be in champs and should not have been knocked out of champions league in the first place........anyway back to the top I think all commentators are biased ...it's just we don't watch enough outside of EPL and what ever is on Gol

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 07:43:23 AM »

My bad i shouldve been more specific i was referring to Europa... I agree that La Liga is a 2 team league although I think the top 4 in England is the best in Europe and it has shown in the Champions League during the last few seasons..

Outside the top 4 competing in the Europa is what I was referring to where English teams are usually outmatched. In the last few seasons, teams like Sevilla, Villareal, Atletico Madrid have done very well in Europa while English teams from that tier (Spurs, Everton, Fulham) struggle.

When you go down the La Liga table you find alot of technically sound teams that play good football and can compete with anyone but as you go down the EPL team, you get teams that depend more on hard graft than anything else.

You are right to a certain extent, but you have to consider how seriously English teams take the Europa League, since Stoke/Fulham/Spurs were all playing their 2nd X1 teams for Europa League games. 

And who is the top 4 that you are refering to? There isnt a top 4 in England anymore, there is a top 6 (Manutd, Mancity, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool).

But getting back to the point about English commentators, JDB hit the nail on the head. 

One player who i know would be hailed as a great goalkeeper this season if he was English is Swansea's Micheal Vorm......he is the goal keeper of the year for me.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 11:42:47 AM »
During the Manu U v Bilbao game last week the BBC commentators while very clearly pro Man U did acknowledge the superiority of Bilbao on the night and paid respect to La Liga by say saying 'The league standing suggests that there are 4 teams in Spain better than Bilbao but they deserve this lead' The commentator went on to acknowledge the dominance of Barcelona in European football and Spain in World football as testament to the quality of La Liga.

1]; } ?>