March 28, 2024, 08:04:01 AM

Author Topic: 2012 Olympic Football Thread.  (Read 47881 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil vs Mexico, 2012 Olympic finals.
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2012, 04:15:58 PM »
Good on you Mexico,its never easy to beat the Brazillians but you did it giving CONCACAF ah nice plus with the win.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
I glad mexico won this thing, bc for the life of me, i couldn't understand how mexico utterly dominated our U23 team in the last encounter when they scored all those goals on marchan, now i get it.

for the next decade mexico will be unstoppable, and the dominant force in the region, possibly the world. jack should be ashamed of his sh!t legacy he left to haunt his generations.
       I don't understand what you are saying,a team from our region will be unstoppable,a dominant force,possibly in the world,a region that Jack controled or was in charge off and you saying he should be ashamed,what he have to be ashamed off.

exactly...mexico have better facilities, better plans in place and perhaps most importantly more accountability for the coaches and players.  what does jack have to do with that??   mexico worked hard to achieve this win and should be congratulated. if anything we in tnt should look at what they doing and perhaps try to see what methods they using that we could adopt.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »
Normally a Brazilian loss leaves me with a sense of disruption, but this loss does not. I always saw this tournament through a Mexican lens. Well done to the Mexican federation ... aside from Spain, Mexico has arguably had the most enviable participation in world football in recent years across all age groups. Imagine what the scene would be if the Mexican federation ticked at maximal or optimal efficiency. It does not.

That aside, in all these years, there has not to my awareness been a pronouncement from Mexico City about a "golden generation". The FMF has merely plodded away and collaborated with other stakeholders to get shi_ done. And, they have done so despite the various fortunes of players at club level versus wearing the Mexican shirt. Give them deserved credit.

One also imagines that the US as a competitor has played no insignificant role in motivating the FMF. What will motivate Trinidad & Tobago when cutass in places like Guyana and Bermie doh seem to register?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:32:14 PM by asylumseeker »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
both gabriel and neto were poor in this tournament.  i can tisngle out gabriel as the scapegoat for the loss but he didn't have a good game.  he impressed me a lot at under 20 world cup last year but didnt appear to be the same keeper in this tournament.  i the pressure of winning gold was too much for him.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2012, 04:58:32 PM »
Yuh eh see you is ah f**king dunce... go back and find where I say Gabriel's performance (let alone his performance alone) cost Brazil the match.

cunnyhole, I KNOW you didn't.  But in talking out yuh backside about him the way you do, the implication becomes inherent.  Anybody not having seen the game and not watching where they going, can stumble upon the pile o' shit yuh write and easily and wrongfully conclude that Brazil's loss was factored by a couple of things, including Gabriel's "shitty performance". You further exacerbate that by trying to come up with all of his so-called "errors" as if they were all contributing factors to the loss.  There was no need to talk about Gabriel's game alongside Raphael's shit play and Hulk's piss-poor marking unless you just wanted to analyze his "performance" as a side.  Brazil lost this game because their defenders did shit that he Mexicans did well to capitalize on, and their forwards didn't score.  Gabriel was hardly even a factor in the game.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »
both gabriel and neto were poor in this tournament.  i can tisngle out gabriel as the scapegoat for the loss but he didn't have a good game.  he impressed me a lot at under 20 world cup last year but didnt appear to be the same keeper in this tournament.  i the pressure of winning gold was too much for him.

Their performances weren't exactly stellar....but I really wouldn't go as far as to call it "poor"......Them Brazilian defenders left them fellas out to dry on a number of occasions....they ain't always go be able to pull rabbits out dey hats.  Throughout the tournament, various commentators and analysts used every opportunity they could to talk about how shaky goalkeeping does affect the team's "confidence".....Imagine what inconsistent shaky defending (from more than one defender) does to a goalkeeper and how it makes them look too.   

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2012, 06:30:32 PM »
They were poor.  They reminded me about the Brazilian keepers of old. Obviously they have talent based in the fact they are on the books of inter and fiorentina.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
They were poor.  They reminded me about the Brazilian keepers of old. Obviously they have talent based in the fact they are on the books of inter and fiorentina.

Agree to disagree.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »

Agree to disagree.

i would say the commentators made them appear worse than they really were and mostly because balboa believes america is the greatest manufacturer of good goalkeepers.  they must be have  a manufacturing plant in balboa's backyard.

i cant recall seeing those guys making any confident saves...if those other teams did a better job of shooting on target brazil wasnt even making the finals...the few shots on target either scored or gabriel punched them away akwardly...the few he saved were mostly poor shots.  in neto's both games everything was off target except for a few and those shots scored.

now i not blaming gabriel for the loss....the team have to take the blame but rafael and juan getting ah extra portion.  both of them were shitty whole tournament.

i still have hope for gabriel and even neto but 2014 we not winning the world cup with those guys in goal.  our best options are julio cesar, rafael and diego alves.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:02:11 AM by Nightmare »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »
Actually thought this was Brazil's best match of the tournament.  First match that that Juan Jesus didn't look completely incompetent, and the keeper didn't have much to do other than pick the two ball outta the net... I don't agree with all the plaudits for Mexico - don't think they played THAT well - but they were very organized and clinical, and sometimes that's all you need....they were gifted a goal early on by shoddy defending and didn't have a shot on goal after that until about the 70th minute.  Brazil was clearly shaken up by the early goal and took about 15 mins to settle but controlled the match after that and created more opportunities on goal - just couldn't find the net...In the last 20 of the game it opened up alot and it was back and forth, as legs were a bit weary...It was case of Brazil finding an equalizer or Mexico killing it off...whichever came first...Mexico killed it off and that was the match... Even down in the dregs it wasn't over though and Oscar had sitter of a header from inside the six which he managed to scoop over...woulda been 2-2 and a totally different game...

Commentary (pro media and other wise) is generally  very harsh on Brazil because there's always so much expectation - if they don't totally dominate and entertain with tricks flicks and plenty goals, all of sudden the opponent is Brilliant and Brazil is crap and every one just laps it up.... It was Mexico's day today - they worked very very hard on both sides of the ball especially defensively - men real throw dey frame for the cause....in recent years Mexico has always proven a tough opponent for Brazil, but this game coulda gone either way, and for long periods it looked like Brazil was gonna play their way back into it without too much fuss, but it just wasn't meant to be - so it go sometimes....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:57:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
Actually thought this was Brazil's best match of the tournament.  First match that that Juan Jesus didn't look completely incompetent, and the keeper didn't have much to do other than pick the two ball outta the net... I don't agree with all the plaudits for Mexico - don't think they played THAT well - but they were very organized and clinical, and sometimes that's all you need....they were gifted a goal early on by shoddy defending and didn't have a shot on goal after that until about the 70th minute.  Brazil was clearly shaken up by the early goal and took about 15 mins to settle but controlled the match after that and created more opportunities on goal - just couldn't find the net...In the last 20 of the game it opened up alot and it was back and forth, as legs were a bit weary...It was case of Brazil finding an equalizer or Mexico killing it off...whichever came first...Mexico killed it off and that was the match... Even down in the dregs it wasn't over though and Oscar had sitter of a header from inside the six which he managed to scoop over...woulda been 2-2 and a totally different game...

Commentary (pro media and other wise) is generally  very harsh on Brazil because there's always so much expectation - if they don't totally dominate and entertain with tricks flicks and plenty goals, all of sudden the opponent is Brilliant and Brazil is crap and every one just laps it up.... It was Mexico's day today - they worked very very hard on both sides of the ball especially defensively - men real throw dey frame for the cause....in recent years Mexico has always proven a tough opponent for Brazil, but this game coulda gone either way, and for long periods it looked like Brazil was gonna play their way back into it without too much fuss, but it just wasn't meant to be - so it go sometimes....
:thumbsup: exactly how my TV show it too   ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2012, 03:23:13 AM »

Agree to disagree.

i would say the commentators made them appear worse than they really were and mostly because balboa believes america is the greatest manufacturer of good goalkeepers.  they must be have  a manufacturing plant in balboa's backyard.

...and it wasn't just balboa nuh.  It was ALL ah dem....At times I was left wondering if "goalkeeping" was a predetermined talking point for them in both the men's and women's side.  Even Shep Messing, who I thought seemed to try his best to offer some sanity to their nonsense, allowed himself one or two times, to get caught up in chupid talk, with the speculative shot taken by the Belarusian being the prime example for me.   

i cant recall seeing those guys making any confident saves...if those other teams did a better job of shooting on target brazil wasnt even making the finals...the few shots on target either scored or gabriel punched them away akwardly...the few he saved were mostly poor shots.  in neto's both games everything was off target except for a few and those shots scored.

I guess this is where we pretty much part ways on agreement.  Brazil's defending throughout this tournament was (not surprisingly) very poor.  Aside from the 2 they conceded against Honduras because dat game is a blur to me, practically all the goals I see they conceded were the direct results of poor and untimely defensive errors: both goals against Egypt and the one against Belarus and then there's the two in this game here....so far that is 5 outta the 7 total goals they conceded where the defenders left their GK's out to dry.  Other than Marcello (who, to me, was brilliant this whole tournament) and Thiago Silva, their defenders were terrible, with Juan getting the "Ivan the Terrible" award.  I am left to wonder how unsettling that could have been for them fellas, having at least 2 defenders that could set yuh up at any minute.  As far as them looking awkward is concerned, I learned a long time ago that style and technique don't matter as much as making the save or thwarting the danger itself.  Besides, Brazilian GK's always unorthodox anyway.  Even Julio Cesar does have his moments.        

now i not blaming gabriel for the loss....the team have to take the blame but rafael and juan getting ah extra portion.  both of them were shitty whole tournament.

i still have hope for gabriel and even neto but 2014 we not winning the world cup with those guys in goal.  our best options are julio cesar, rafael and diego alves.

....Julio Cesar need to get his head right, though....but he have some time.  Them other two you mentioned, I really can't recall who they are or who they playin' for so yuh go hadda help meh out dey.  They had a brilliant young one in Renan that playin' fuh some side in La Liga (not the one playin' in Brazil).....he just fell off the radar and I doh know what goin' on with him these days, so ah keepin' meh eyes open.  Brazil has been churning out lots of GK's lately though, so I eh too worried about them having one in 2014 that will be capable enough to get his job done.  I more worried about their defenders.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2012, 03:41:29 AM »
Actually thought this was Brazil's best match of the tournament.  First match that that Juan Jesus didn't look completely incompetent, and the keeper didn't have much to do other than pick the two ball outta the net...Ah takin' yuh word "completely" with a grain ah salt.

I don't agree with all the plaudits for Mexico - don't think they played THAT well - but they were very organized and clinical, and sometimes that's all you need....they were gifted a goal early on by shoddy defending and didn't have a shot on goal after that until about the 70th minute.  Brazil was clearly shaken up by the early goal and took about 15 mins to settle but controlled the match after that and created more opportunities on goal - just couldn't find the net...In the last 20 of the game it opened up alot and it was back and forth, as legs were a bit weary...It was case of Brazil finding an equalizer or Mexico killing it off...whichever came first...Mexico killed it off and that was the match... Even down in the dregs it wasn't over though and Oscar had sitter of a header from inside the six which he managed to scoop over...woulda been 2-2 and a totally different game...

I actually thought their game against Korea was their best game but you make some very good points and this last paragraph here makes an excellent point, especially the first and last statements.  Sometimes they looked as if they just felt the goal would score for them that would bring them back in the game, is so they were taking their sweet time.....and I wished they wouldn't get so rattled when teams sting them....but dize Brazil, I guess....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »
Brazil is level toots.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Olympic Football Thread.
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2012, 10:12:45 PM »
So Mexico wins the gold medal and the US couldn't even qualify for the tournament

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Olympic Football Thread.
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
He he he
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>