April 25, 2024, 05:27:57 AM

Author Topic: I'm Not Hearing You  (Read 724 times)

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm Not Hearing You
« on: March 24, 2012, 06:12:43 AM »
Fellas should celebrate - they fought bravely. But what does this game tell about our state of our football? The gap is closing? I say no! I prefer to see good play and loose 3 nil in a game like this. I long for the day to see our footballers actually string 8 or 9 passes consistently in a game. Right now our results against decent opposition depends on much luck and hope opposition have an off day. Hate to admit it but Jamaica shape much better than us for the last few years and can actually put decent teams under sustained pressure.

Breds this core team beat Jamaica every single time they played them since U-17, including beating them in Jamaica to qualify for 2007 World Cup . This is the most successful team we have ever had, but they are not even the most talented squad in the last 5 years. Is hard work and a little care from the federation put them here. The only thing missing from that equation now is the attention of the federation.

If people really wanted to see good results they would pay a lot more attention to youth football. I does harp on this until I'm blue in the face. Watch what we have coming up in U-17 football in Trinidad, a real golden generation, a crop of some real strong players, who should be the target of enhanced training and peer group competition. But they getting NOTHING from this federation. Then in about a year or two time men will come and talk about how we players can't string passes together, they shitty, etc.

People talk about  'gap' opening and closing like is some kind of magic portal. Its we the footballing community who open the gap by sheer force of will and committment. And its we who let it close on us when we lazy. It doh open and close itself.

By the time men seeing a T&T side consistently getting licks against good opposotion, there is no more point complaining, the window of opprtunity done pass years ago.

I will continue to celebrate this side win loose or draw because they stand for what happens when we do things right from the beginning.

The ultimate goal of any country's football programme is to produce teams that can consistently contend and qualify for places in the world cup. There's no doubt that this team has been very successful in the past and has a few sparkling talents but I feel that they have not developed as a team as I had hoped - no fault of theirs. I agree that the money and focus of our programme needs to be expended on youth development and that the TTFF must accept most blame for the very inconsistent results we have been having. Let's see in the Olympic Qualifiers, when all teams are at their best, if we still beat the teams that we did in the younger age groups.I hope we do! I love T&T football and would watch them play on TV over Manu, Barca etc. but what would have been the comments if the score was 4-1, as it easily could have been on another day. I have commented in the past and I have noticed this a lot with posters in this forum, you only look at the result to determine how well our team plays.

I was totally disheartened once more by T&T's performance last night v Mexico but not surprised. When I spoke about the team's lack of technical and tactical ability last year in the PanAm Games men want to bite off meh head. All they looked at was the scoreline and not the standard of play and in particular the inability to perform even the basics. Wish the guys all the best in their remaining games.

1]; } ?>