March 28, 2024, 05:18:13 PM

Author Topic: Real Madrid Thread.  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Real Madrid Thread.
« on: March 22, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
Real Madrid building $1 billion resort island in the United Arab Emirates
By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle.

Have you ever dreamed of a place where the warm sun dries Iker Casillas' tears before they reach his cheek, the Persian Gulf breeze blows through Xabi Alonso's beard and Pepe stomps someone to death on the beach? Then welcome to Real Madrid Resort Island -- a holiday resort in the United Arab Emirates scheduled to open in January 2015.

From Reuters:

A presentation at the Bernabeu on Thursday showed plans for sports facilities, a marina, luxury hotels and villas, an amusement park, a club museum and a 10,000-seat stadium with one side open to the sea.

"It is a decisive and strategic step that will strengthen our institution in the Middle East and Asia," said Real president Florentino Perez.

The 4.6 million-square-foot venture is in partnership with the government of the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah and is expected to attract a million visitors in its first year of operation. But since that's a whole three years away, Jose Mourinho probably won't be one of them.

Hopefully Barcelona will build its own island right next to Real Madrid's, but make it so everything is miniature and inhabited by Ewoks.

What Real Madrid Resort Island will look like. (Getty)

Look at the tiny computerized people! I see Ozil! (Getty)

VIDEO - Real Madrid Resort Island Video

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Real Madrid Thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »
FF start saving up yuh money.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 11:36:27 PM »

Fuh me too!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 06:43:56 AM »
The 4.6 million-square-foot venture is in partnership with the government of the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah and is expected to attract a million visitors in its first year of operation.

Just like all the unsold real estate and unoccupied buildings constructed in Dubai were supposed to be a massive hit as well. I eh lying dred dem people does spend money dotish. More power to Real Madrid for capitalising on those clowns.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 05:54:34 PM »
http://www.lastminutegoals.org/real-madrid-legends-vs-inter-legends-friendly/

Cyah believe they let Pupi Zanetti play ... yeah, he's a legend buh he only just retire.  ::)

(Thought there was ah Real forever type thread ... Toppa?)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »
Training before their clash with Villareal

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yDQTLPA3FUU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yDQTLPA3FUU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »
Garett Bale just scored a fantastic header vs Sociedad. Ray Hudson's comment.  I hope I get it right. "Garett, he will not be denied. Like Dracula in front a plate of liver ........ he knows where his bread is buttered".

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 03:43:18 PM »
Sergio Ramos does it again. He should negotiate a contract extension now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »
Real Madrid to sign Flamengo's Vinicius Junior, 16, for €45m - reports
BY DERMOT CORRIGAN

Real Madrid have agreed a €45 million deal to sign 16-year-old forward Vinicius Junior from Flamengo, according to widespread reports in both Spain and Brazil.

Globoesporte reported on Monday that Vinicius has undergone a medical at Madrid, with the club having upped their offer to well over the €30 million release clause which Barcelona were willing to pay.

The youngster was both top scorer and player of the tournament as Brazil won the 2017 South American Under-17 Championship in March, but has yet to make his senior club debut.

His move to Madrid will reportedly not be formalised until July 2018, when he turns 18 years old, to comply with FIFA youth transfer regulations.

Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane, however, refused to comment on the speculation when asked at a news conference on Tuesday ahead of his side's Champions League semifinal second leg with Atletico Madrid.

"As you know well, there is talk about this player, but I do not know him personally," he said. "I am just thinking about tomorrow's game. So I will not answer your question."

Vinicius told a Globoesporte reporter at a Rio de Janeiro hospital, where the medical reportedly took place, that he was happy Flamengo had won the Campeonato Carioca, and was now looking forward to taking part in the 2017 Campeonato Brasileiro.

"I'm still happy about yesterday's title and I woke up early to do some tests," he said. "I'm really excited to be going professional and to be playing in the Brasileirao."

Marca featured Vinicius on its front cover on Tuesday, along with Madrid's other reported planned summer capture, Theo Hernandez of Atletico Madrid.

Amid all the speculation on both sides of the Atlantic, Vinicius tweeted: "Beloved God, thanks for listening to me, protecting me, and doing everything to see me smile."

Barcelona had previously been linked with a move for Vinicius -- dubbed the "new Neymar" -- and the club's South American representative Andre Cury was reportedly involved in preliminary talks with Flamengo and the player's agents at Traffic.

Mundo Deportivo now claims Madrid president Florentino Perez has completed a deal -- using experienced agent and Neymar advisor Wagner Ribeiro -- to sign Vinicius, in which a total of €62m will be paid by the club to the various parties involved.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 10:32:39 PM »
Saw some video on him. Flashes of brilliance. time will tell. Sad the way the South American clubs just sell their potentially best players. No wonder the Europe clubs get all the fame.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vinicius+jr&oq=vinicius&aqs=chrome.3.0j69i57j0l4.6191j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:35:15 PM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 01:03:40 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 10:38:28 PM »
Lmao

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
Real Madrid will pay up to £180m for Man City's Raheem Sterling
ESPN

La Liga leaders Real Madrid will do everything in the club's power to snap up Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling in the wake of the club's Champions League ban, The Sun reports.

The newspaper says Los Blancos had already been preparing a mammoth £180 million offer to land the 25-year-old's services, but now firmly believe they will land their man following the recent revelations of City's Champions League ban.

Sterling still has three years to run on his deal with City, who began talks over a new contract in November that would see the England international earn a staggering £450,000-per-week.

Ex-Liverpool man Sterling has previously hinted he would one day like to play abroad and the Madrid hierarchy see now as the ideal time to tempt the pacey attacker with a move to the Bernabeu, whilst Serie A side Juventus are said to be plotting an approach for City boss Pep Guardiola.

Sterling has struck 24 times in 40 appearances across all competitions for club and country this season.

LIVE BLOG

17.01 GMT: Liverpool are in advanced discussions to sign striker Timo Werner from RB Leipzig, according to Italian journalist Nicolo Schira. The English league leaders would have to meet a £48m release clause for the 23-year-old Germany international, and seem set to do so.

15.56 GMT: As we've covered, the fallout from Manchester City's Champions League ban has the club worried they could lose players, and Bernardo Silva could be among those looking to leave this summer.

"I have already said it several times, I have this emptiness of having left [Benfica] a little early, so I think I will come back," the Portugal international said before news of City's ban broke. Could a desire for Champions League football accelerate Silva's return to Benfica?

15.00 GMT: Manchester United are interested in signing three English players this summer, the Mail has reported. Norwich's Todd Cantwell and Max Aarons apparently join West Ham's Declan Rice on their list of targets.

13.45 GMT: Whether or not Inter will let Vecino go, they would reportedly be willing to see Lautaro Martinez leave for Barcelona if they can get France forward Antoine Griezmann in exchange. That's according to Italian publication TuttoSport.

12.30 GMT: On the topic of Manchester City, former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino would likely be the English champions' first choice as a replacement for Pep Guardiola if the Spaniard decides to leave this summer, The Sun has reported.

11.40 GMT: Manchester City players were called to a meeting with chief executive Ferran Soriano this weekend, according to the Sunday Telegraph. The players were reportedly informed of the meeting within an hour after the announcement of their ban from the Champions League.

10.41 GMT: Chelsea have already sealed the summer signing of Ajax forward Hakim Ziyech in a deal which could cost up to €44m, and now the Daily Express says they will pay the £23m asking price Inter Milan have slapped on midfielder Matias Vecino this summer.

10.06 GMT: The Sun reports that Tottenham will be kicking themselves after passing up the chance to sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa for just £6m 18 months ago. Villa have now slapped an £80m price-tag on their talismanic star.

09.30 GMT: A storm is raging across Europe this weekend. Will be see any thunder and lightening in the transfer market today? Stick with us.

PAPER ROUND - Man United to sell Pogba back to Juventus

Those Paul Pogba rumours just won't go away. After Friday's confirmation from Pogba's agent Mino Raiola that the France playmaker would be willing to return to Juventus, the Daily Mirror now reports that Manchester United had already made the decision to sell the player and are willing to accept £125m to part with their star asset.

If those reports are accurate then a deal may be closer that first thought, with La Gazzetta dello Sport suggesting the Old Lady are preparing a substantial £125m-plus-player offer that would see ex-Arsenal man Aaron Ramsey and Pogba's compatriot Adrien Rabiot head to Old Trafford.

Both Ramsey and Rabiot joined Maurizio Sarri's side just last year but have struggled to hold down regular spots in his starting XI and would add some much-needed depth to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad, while Pogba has endured an injury-hit campaign this season and has featured just eight times in all competitions

United have struggled heavily for creativity at times in Pogba's absence, while Ramsey's arrival would add some vital Premier League experience to the ranks, particularly as Nemanja Matic also continues to be linked with the Old Trafford exit door.

Man United set condition on Henderson sale

Manchester United are prepared to sell 22-year-old goalkeeper Dean Henderson to Sheffield United this summer but only on one condition, TEAMTalk reports.

The Blades' loan star has produced a series of impressive performances between the sticks since initially moving to Bramall Lane at the beginning of last season, and the youngster's efforts did not go unnoticed as the club returned to the Premier League for the first time since 2007.

Henderson's contribution has again proved invaluable this campaign, with the talented shot-stopper recording nine Premier League clean sheets so far to help the Blades place Europe firmly in their sights.

Unsurprisingly, they are now desperate to snap up Henderson -- already tipped to star for England at Euro 2020 -- on a permanent deal, with Chelsea and even Paris Saint-Germain also said to be interested.

According to the report, the Red Devils are willing to sell Henderson, but only if a buy-back clause is inserted into the contract as they still see Henderson as the long-term successor to David De Gea.

Tap-ins

- Amid reports that Manchester United are preparing a huge bid in their pursuit of Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish, manager Dean Smith has told the Birmingham Mail that he expects the Midlands club's hierarchy to go all out in their attempts to keep hold of the impressive midfielder.

- Newcastle United boss is keen to add more "hungry" talent to his squad following the loan signings of Tottenham left-back Danny Rose, Inter Milan winger Valentino Lazaro, and Schalke's Nabil Bentaleb. "We want hungry players. One of the better players this season has been Jetro [Willems] on loan and he had a point to prove."The problem we have, if they do well, is keeping them," Bruce told the Chronicle.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 11:07:56 AM »
It'd be a great move for him - the English press are typically equal parts racist and rabid, so he's already quite well-prepared for the Spanish press...

1]; } ?>