April 25, 2024, 10:39:39 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico (U-23) views.  (Read 7923 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
T&T vs Mexico (U-23) views.
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:41:12 AM »
Ah get up this morning feeling this was a dream, but then reality hit meh...

Now we prepare for this tournament against semi pro teams, a college team and two Jamaica teams and all of the teams in our group is from Central Americans.

I dont care if we lose, but the way we lose is what does kill me and by the amount of goals scored on us to.

Our team is NEVER fit and not this team, but all of our teams, men breeding hard after 10 minutes.

I came here yesterday and said T&T needed to stamp they authority early and dont let Mexico dictate the game, because we will be chasing the ball and will lose and so said, so done.

Angus Eve must take some blame, his selection (one left footed player, Jones out and we have no replacement) and his tactical ability to change around the players, formation, subs etc etc according to game situations is dunce. This is a good wake up call for him as he look like he was coming out of his shoe at one time.

T&T players have no dam belly bro, them men just play one set of shit, they cant string 3 passes together, no one supporting a plays, they not making themselves available for a ball, they have no idea how to attack, they dont know who to pass, is one set ah shit for a team who been to 2 world cups, they soft.

Them local players feel they good enough to play in de EPL and walking around screwing they pan.

Mexico play like Barcelona, they made 2 touch and pass, while T&T play was slow and taking forever to make a play and giving de Mexicans nuff time to double team them and they love to trap for de opposition. T&T players need to stop complaining and arguing with each other too.

Angus Eve was out foxed and out coach, he did nothing to improve the game/players/situation/formation.

He also sub one of his better players (Jayson Joseph)...

They should change Andre Marchan name to Jeromie Williams nickname (Butters).

Kevan George was a ghost on de field, send he home fast, but I have a little pettie as this is his first real international game ever, but drop him....

Sheldon Bateau work hard but he is a dunce player, he wasted de balls won.

Sean De Silva weak. This guys taking to many touches and just wasting it...

Jamal Gay make Kenwyne Jones look like Messi.

Mekeil Williams was a horse on the field, I like this player, he fight hard.

Daneil Cyrus also play decent.

Kevin Molino was ah man I was expecting more from because he full of experience, he eh show much, but he still ok.

Eve wants to come back or try and score and he bring on a striker Caesar and put him on the wing leaving Gay alone and he not getting de service. Whats up with this 1 forward and no support system ?

Eve have the team only playing one way, and not using the wing much which would have help them because Gay is a target man.

Mexico was faster, smarter, fitter and coached better.

T&T going home for sure. Sorry to say this.

They just cant do the simple things !!!!! trap, pass, run back for de pass and shoot !!!!

Technically, they really bad for a team with so much experience.

Eve, love locals, I hope he wake up now and PICK DE BEST PLAYERS (local or foreign), locals bring no desire though !!!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:02:15 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Mexico (U-23) views.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 05:08:50 AM »
Expected a bit more of this team..sadly they looked lost, tired and just hopeless. No excuse - they just not on par with what's expected at this age.

The lil attitude I saw in the clip when birchal went to visit them, set the tone for me. I never play international ball, nor coached, but their body language said a lot. Really wish they would had done their talking on the field.

They are Warriors and will always get my support, but as a fan we continue to be disappointed by what we're putting out on the field.

Blame Warner?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 06:02:57 AM »
They love to dress, they love they blackberries, they love they ipods, they love to look dress 50 cents and they play like Cindy Lauper.

Then they will return to Trinidad and want to sue for more money.

No heart from the players at all and a coach who second guess himself.

T&T going home winless and early.

The players just dont have the desire to represent T&T.

Jack Warner have been carrying T&T a long time and now you guys are starting to see how our players mentality really are.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 06:10:30 AM »
Until our pro league gets better be prepared to see more of this. We just not good enough. Our standard of football in trinidad is very low. Until d pro league gets serious. We football will remain inconsistent and in a mess.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 06:26:52 AM »
We drew with them 1-1 IN MEXICO and then 5 months after we collect 7 goals.

Talk about improving.

Guys, Mexico is way better, I was expecting us to loose and knew the odds were against us, but the way we played were really bad, this is the first time I saw this team play and from all the good things I have heard of them I was really expecting a better performance.

My heart is still hurting me from seeing this, I feel so embarrass to face my coworkers now after I beg them to watch the game.

The players just not support the play and looked lost for ideas on the field.

Then they hold on to the ball and run into trouble because no one is there to pass it to.

And when T&T go on the attack, Jamal has no option but to wait for help which arrives in spots.

The team is not coached properly, they are not guided on the field and play very confused.

I wish they could de better, but I really dont have the faith anymore.

They take forever to shoot a ball, they cannot cross to save their lives.

I am sorry to sound so negative, but this really hurts.

I hope Nick DeLeon didn't stay back to see they play.   ;D

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:34:00 AM by Errol »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 06:28:09 AM »
ah think ah missing something.Is this the same U23 that draw with Mexico in Mexico in the Pan Am games?

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 07:02:34 AM »
U niggas would NOT learn! TnT cannot beat Mexico. It's nothing new. We CANNOT beat them!! Under 23, Under 20, Seniors, Under 16, etc. NONE!!! They are ahead of us in the game. What do you niggas expect??? Yes on a positive note, TnT looked fit and tried to match them in fitness. But Mexico is too good technically and tactically. Eve, Corneal, etc, does not matter WHO, cannot guide a TnT team past Mexico. It's almost impossible. In 2005, TnT beat them, when Stern scored 2 yes, but that was a "B" team from Mexico and we hard the strongest possible team. Again, I repeat, Trinidad and Tobago, CANNOT BEAT MEXICO. We have never been able too and we NEVER WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:13:42 AM »
I keep hearing about this team's World Cup experience. DaSilva, Gay, Bateau, Cyrus. Who else was in the WC team? No Paul, Clarence, Rochford, Thomson, Primus, Samuel, Hyland, Adams, etc. Not that they would necessarily have improved things much, but this eh no WC experienced team to me.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 07:22:23 AM »
I repeat, Trinidad and Tobago, CANNOT BEAT MEXICO. We have never been able too and we NEVER WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have beaten them many times before in different age groups, not as much as we would like too though. I think the majority of people not really angry about the loss, but the margin in which in we lose by. I for one was not expecting much.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM »
Boy, is real tough makin' sense of a massacre but I 've been trying to follow this team and many little things made a perfect storm of trouble.

1. This Mexico team eh no ordinary team. They are arguably the best in the western hemisphere and current world rankers from a population of over 112 million. Even when we played them in Guadalajara last year, they were frighteningly deadly and it was almost a true miracle that we kept a 1:1 score with them. It was a credit to Eve and the players at the time, les' we forget. I hope the critics saw that game ... and if you didn't, well look herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bToFXETJ7Ww

2. That performance at Pan Am massively boosted their confidence and maybe made the team forget that if you commit to attack too early, mexico will make you eat goals in counterattack. This happened after we unfortunately conceded somewhere around the 27th minute. We were fighting like mad to
defend and that goal shattered the plan to keep it scoreless at the 1/2. Eve gambled and they went for it ...  too early.

3. Somehow our passing was sloppier than when I saw them in Guadalajara. Lots of suicidal turnovers. Mexico had them bazodee as they swarmed them like bees and they could not keep up after 3 passes. Even De Silva who knows how to pass very well was making misdirected passes.

4. Fitness for this level of ball was lacking in some and people knew Cyrus was not 100% fit. He was blowing. If yuh not 100% with Mexico, expect trouble. They will make you chase ball till you collapse.

5. To counter this, I feel Eve tried something he would not normally do. Molino with De Silva, on at the same time. He knows De Silva is not quick, like Kaka, but his normal ball control could help settle the team with passes strung together to keep Mexico off our back. DeSilva misfired. He jess come off beating book in Charleston and he was not quite himself. Mind you, he never went to Guadalajara with the team and he got his first taste of the shock. He is not a shittong, so go easy fellahs. His role was to kinda stay back like Birchall and jess stroke that ball around under pressure.

6. Next ting. Marchan. I feel it here. One of our biggest stars in Guadalajara and got promoted over the keeper (Samuels) who went Egypt for World Cup. Samuels took a contract in Antigua and looked awful after we get we ass wash 6 -1 by St. Kitts. He was then dropped. Marchan looked like an excellent shot stopper like Kelvin Jack, good distributor, neat kicker but maybe a deficiency showed up last night: He is short and just couldn't reach in the crowded box to punch away clearances well and got viciously punished. Viciously. Daiz enough to give man a serious complex fuh good. He will need therapy to keep his self esteem intact after such a promising future was being seen. To people who did not know him (maybe some in this forum), dey would swear he was a total school boy imps. I am very sorry and it hurts. I will not give up on him though. He has to work on those clearances and secure his wall for balls curling around the wall like that wicked free kick into the L corner of the net from Cortes. Whether he gets drop or not (he also had a concussion near the end) is a 50:50 call. Depends how good #2 keeper is. I don't know him. Somebody help me with this please.

7. Gay was not bad and trapped some nice stuff as target man under heavy pressures.  You don't look good if the whole team fails. Molino showed class at times and I am glad he got a goal to add to his CV. Jayson Joseph has skills boy. Bateau fought hard and I don't fault him except that he wasted some clearances (straight back to Mexico) but I really like his gutsy attitude. Trevin "super sub" Caesar is real nippy and the circumstances were a bad one for his role last night. The playbook was to have him come in on the 2nd half with T&T having been playing desperate "ugly" football with 1 man upfront, scrunting to hold 0-0 or only slightly behind. Watch him against Panama sunday. Was not able to see what Kevan George did.

8. Losing like that, and by so much, is hard and brings back that dangerous self-loathing feeling to which we are prone, that we are so-called "shittongs" again. That word is toxic. Let's be careful not to project our self-hate onto the players who have supposedly made it "hard for us to face our Mexican co-workers" in the mornng. Mexico was jess too good, too fit, too confident, too experienced but if we are more careful we could do better next time. Take this as a learning experience.

Leh me take a break here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:38:38 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 07:49:56 AM »
Look at the composition of the PanAm MEX U-23 squad and the composition of the MEX Olympic U-23 squad ... I doh have the time right now to expand, but anyone who feeling indulgent could at least post the official squads named for each tournament to start.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 08:03:25 AM »
Look at the composition of the PanAm MEX U-23 squad and the composition of the MEX Olympic U-23 squad ... I doh have the time right now to expand, but anyone who feeling indulgent could at least post the official squads named for each tournament to start.

yup only eight players from Mexico the pan american squad made this current Mexico team team
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 08:11:19 AM »

Eve wants to come back or try and score and he bring on a striker Caesar and put him on the wing leaving Gay alone and he not getting de service. Whats up with this 1 forward and no support system ?

I eh know the kid name, but he was more on the left side when he came on? If so I was wondering why they did not move him into a more central position.

Think we tried to go into a Dutch 4-3-3.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 08:13:27 AM »
This team has a lot of potential and Eve to his credit has done a decent job of coaching the back four to keep their defensive shape however that's where it ended. Mexico used the width of the field well but often the TnT outside defenders became the pressuring defenders instead of the covering as the mids were lost in transition both defensively and offensively. The holding mid was getting pulled out of position and Mexico was exploiting that vacated space.
This team in this game had no playmaker as no one was demanding the ball and at least trying to create something.

The team was tactically poor now if you're playing a 1-4-4-2 with a recessed forward why then weren't the forwards not holding the ball to bring numbers in attack?..why were they trying to go forward into pressure? (somebody tell De Silva to work on the quality of his first touch under pressure).....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
Anyone noticed that Mexico started a bit cautious and nervous also? In thos critical opening moments apparently Eve did not notice cause within 5 minute we dropped of allowed them room to find their feet and once that happened game over. Eve should have recognized the cautiousness to the start from Mexico and go after them for a bit longer and see what happened.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 08:27:41 AM »
This team has a lot of potential and Eve to his credit has done a decent job of coaching the back four to keep their defensive shape however that's where it ended. Mexico used the width of the field well but often the TnT outside defenders became the pressuring defenders instead of the covering as the mids were lost in transition both defensively and offensively. The holding mid was getting pulled out of position and Mexico was exploiting that vacated space.
This team in this game had no playmaker as no one was demanding the ball and at least trying to create something.

The team was tactically poor now if you're playing a 1-4-4-2 with a recessed forward why then weren't the forwards not holding the ball to bring numbers in attack?..why were they trying to go forward into pressure? (somebody tell De Silva to work on the quality of his first touch under pressure).....

I don't agree that our back four was well organized. It seemed that we interpreted a flat back four as just that. In regarding the wide defending the fullback must slide out and pick up the winger with the ball, allowing our midfielder to pick up the overlapping fullback or even if he just pushes up to support, also he has to pay attention to the inside midfielder coming out onto the wing. If we allowed the wide MF to track the intial player with the ball we will be out numbered on the wing easily as we saw many times.

The formation was if any thing a 4-1-4-1 until we switched it looked like a 4-3-3. In the 4-1-4-1 the two line of four werew way to rigid and when they stepped out the lines chaos ensued. Our deployment of these lines did not make for any covering on defense within the same line allowing one split or through ball to put 4 players out the game.
                       o
                  x
                       x .o
                x            o

x          o

Something like this is what we did not get from our midfield line on defense. what we got was vvvv
                         o
                       x    .o
                       x
                       x         o
                       x   o

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »

Now we prepare for this tournament against semi pro teams, a college team and two Jamaica teams and all of the teams in our group is from Central Americans.

I dont care if we lose, but the way we lose is what does kill me and by the amount of goals scored on us to.

Our team is NEVER fit and not this team, but all of our teams, men breeding hard after 10 minutes.

I came here yesterday and said T&T needed to stamp they authority early and dont let Mexico dictate the game, because we will be chasing the ball and will lose and so said, so done.

Angus Eve must take some blame, his selection (one left footed player, Jones out and we have no replacement) and his tactical ability to change around the players, formation, subs etc etc according to game situations is dunce. This is a good wake up call for him as he look like he was coming out of his shoe at one time.

T&T players have no dam belly bro, them men just play one set of shit, they cant string 3 passes together, no one supporting a plays, they not making themselves available for a ball, they have no idea how to attack, they dont know who to pass, is one set ah shit for a team who been to 2 world cups, they soft.

Them local players feel they good enough to play in de EPL and walking around screwing they pan.

Mexico play like Barcelona, they made 2 touch and pass, while T&T play was slow and taking forever to make a play and giving de Mexicans nuff time to double team them and they love to trap for de opposition. T&T players need to stop complaining and arguing with each other too.

Angus Eve was out foxed and out coach, he did nothing to improve the game/players/situation/formation.

He also sub one of his better players (Jayson Joseph)...

They should change Andre Marchan name to Jeromie Williams nickname (Butters).

Kevan George was a ghost on de field, send he home fast, but I have a little pettie as this is his first real international game ever, but drop him....

Sheldon Bateau work hard but he is a dunce player, he wasted de balls won.

Sean De Silva weak. This guys taking to many touches and just wasting it...

Daneil Cyrus also play decent.

Kevin Molino was ah man I was expecting more from because he full of experience, he eh show much, but he still ok.

Eve have the team only playing one way, and not using the wing much which would have help them because Gay is a target man.

Mexico was faster, smarter, fitter and coached better.

T&T going home for sure. Sorry to say this.

They just cant do the simple things !!!!! trap, pass, run back for de pass and shoot !!!!

Technically, they really bad for a team with so much experience.

Eve, love locals, I hope he wake up now and PICK DE BEST PLAYERS (local or foreign), locals bring no desire though !!!!!

So wha you think you're going to get after carnival; man still enjoying the effects of all that partying we're trinis is we ting forget the ball let the fetes reign supreme plus them young boy head not on no serious ball is girls and some overseas miracle they waiting on.

I still wish them all the best and some divine intervention. 

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »
Sorry to say. . .but no feelings of hurt over last night's mauling. I've been through that with the joke of a display with the senior team.

Until the TTFF get their act together. . .to expect better will mean I am more stupid and crazy than the occupants of St. Anns.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 12:00:12 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: I trying to imagine this, eh.  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
like i said a long time now, get rid of eve and get a coach to make unbiased selections for the team

these coaches are jokers, they are far from world class and don't pick the best players, they lack the eye for talent and their bias gets in the way of tt progressing

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 02:13:03 PM »
Can anyone who say the warm up games tell me where DeSilva played, because when he played in the middle for about 10 mins he looked alot better than on the wings.Im pretty sure DeSilva plays as #10 for his college team too. I know molino has played #10 for about a yr now(for us) but maybe he should go to the wings. He plays as a right winger for Orlando and i believe he played right wing in the U-20s. I know he scored a goal last night but i really wasnt impressed with him. Maybe if him and DeSilva switched spots it would help both of them.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »
Mexico play like Barcelona...

Really? I didn't see Mexico diving, feigning injury or attempting to influence the referee...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 03:22:24 PM »

I don't agree that our back four was well organized. It seemed that we interpreted a flat back four as just that. In regarding the wide defending the fullback must slide out and pick up the winger with the ball, allowing our midfielder to pick up the overlapping fullback or even if he just pushes up to support, also he has to pay attention to the inside midfielder coming out onto the wing. If we allowed the wide MF to track the intial player with the ball we will be out numbered on the wing easily as we saw many times.

The formation was if any thing a 4-1-4-1 until we switched it looked like a 4-3-3. In the 4-1-4-1 the two line of four werew way to rigid and when they stepped out the lines chaos ensued. Our deployment of these lines did not make for any covering on defense within the same line allowing one split or through ball to put 4 players out the game.
                       o
                  x
                       x .o
                x            o

x          o

Something like this is what we did not get from our midfield line on defense. what we got was vvvv
                         o
                       x    .o
                       x
                       x         o
                       x   o

look at how the defense was playing in terms of pressure cover balance..they were doing what they were supposed to except there was no midfield support. In this game it wasn't the Mexican fullbacks who were overlapping it was the outside mids for as soon as they received the ball they'd play it back in and then the outside defenders would step up in support. But again I was trying to say that a lot of blame lay with the mids as they didn't know or weren't taught how to work with the defense

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »
They love to dress, they love they blackberries, they love they ipods, they love to look dress 50 cents and they play like Cindy Lauper.

Then they will return to Trinidad and want to sue for more money.

No heart from the players at all and a coach who second guess himself.

T&T going home winless and early.

The players just dont have the desire to represent T&T.

Jack Warner have been carrying T&T a long time and now you guys are starting to see how our players mentality really are.

Hear nah, i real hate fackin duncey ppl bad bad fackin bad boy, and this duncey man does always come on here talking up ah crock!!

breds, the only reason there was ah law suit is bc dictator jack never wanted ah football union in trinbago. theres ah football union in every thriving football nation, but in jack's region of CFU there are very few nations with unions to rep the players, and if there was ah union, these lawsuit would not be an option.

and let me reiterate that, T&T football has been carrying jack warner, and not the other way around. every thing that jack has, T&T football has footed the bill. but what has jack warner done for T&T football? no really, show me?

we don't have one solitary national football academy where footballers as young as 11 get an academic and footballing education under the same roof, schools like these are dime ah fackin dozen in places where ppl take football seriously.

right now the only academies we have in T&T is the low level SSFL, no wonder most of our players lack so badly these basic abilities, trapping, passing, shielding, screening, it's bc most our national players come out of that SSFL set up from the inception of international football on the islands, and we've seen time and time again that this is not a good product!

but despite all the trial and error, and yrs of defeat by the hands of the central and north americans our special advisor, and true president of the TTFF never took notice and made a positive effort to try and change this formula for failure.

he send no one out to mexico to see why they are soooo successful @ consistently trumping us, the man never even try to study the teams that do have continued success against the top three concacaf teams being mex, USA, CR, and thought about sending someone there to study their art of success, but rather, like ah true greedy monkey, this bastard stayed there and fill his greedy arse and neglected the football, and then turned around and talk bout "he mortgage his house and put his own money into football", when we all know that fifa gives every federation ah yearly stipend to run their federation.

you must think is dunce rum drinkin fackin corner n!ggers yuh dealin wid, yuh around educated well informed ppl here fella, and when yuh coming with yuh diatribe, yuh better think again, bc you will get put in check!

this man did absolutely nothing for T&T football for the past twenty something yrs he was in charge, but football made this broke arse school teacher a multi millionaire.

i repeat, no academies, no coaching level certificates mandates for highschool coaches untill 2010, no community mini grounds, while every community in the jamaican pro league has one, ah country with way less money than us,

no colaboration with the ministry of sports to build and improve facilities around the country, in fact , all he did was bicker with the ministers bc he couldn't get his crummy claws on the ppl's money.

so you tell "US" bc we really want tuh know who's this jack warner fella you trying to sell us, is he the "SAVIOR" of our football as you like to think, the man whom without him our football would be in serious peril, or is he the same man who left us this legacy of being the whipping boys of concacaf ??

and last night was just another example of his influence on our football after twenty something yrs in charge.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:48:48 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »
Lets forget that beating for now and dish out some licks to Panama on Sunday,its damage limitation now coz I cant see how we can qualify for the Olympics,we still have the core players for the Caribbean Cup,Gold Cup and 2018 WC.Good luck to the yutes.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »
ah think ah missing something.Is this the same U23 that draw with Mexico in Mexico in the Pan Am games?

Boss,

I ask myself that question a hundred times after I see the result.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 05:31:03 PM »

Boss,

I ask myself that question a hundred times after I see the result.

VB

Mexico was all over us in that game in Mexico the result did not reflect the play ... it could have been 5 easy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »

o
                  x
                       x .o
                x            o

x          o

o
                       x    .o
                       x
                       x         o
                       x   o

look at how the defense was playing in terms of pressure cover balance..they were doing what they were supposed to except there was no midfield support. In this game it wasn't the Mexican fullbacks who were overlapping it was the outside mids for as soon as they received the ball they'd play it back in and then the outside defenders would step up in support. But again I was trying to say that a lot of blame lay with the mids as they didn't know or weren't taught how to work with the defense

ok, I got you. I still think we were a bit to basic, but it's a start.  :beermug:

Offline Rookie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 06:03:04 PM »
Angus Eve Have been an Assistant Coach all his coaching life this is the first time he have gotten a head coach job are we Crazy In Trinidad And Tobago where in the world this happens i expect us to return home there is to much favoritism in that team selection lets be realistic we have gone to a massive e tournament to allow an opponent to outplay us .

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
I also find the captain was not vocal and in a positive way, it seems they were just arguing with each other and no one was trying to keep the players focus on the field, or build them up to stay focus.

DeSilva should replace George in the middle for sure, under 2 strikers and let Molino play forward next to Gay, let Joseph and Jeromie run the center, Lewis on the right wing and Jomal on the left.

Mexico number 16 was killing Leslie Russell.

Let the captain take bench and make Gonzales the right back. Cyrus and Mekeil in the central.

Clarke
Gonzales, Cyrus, Mekeil, Jones
Lewis, Jeromie, Jomal
        DeSilva
      Gay, Molino

1]; } ?>