April 25, 2024, 12:02:41 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico (U-23) views.  (Read 7912 times)

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Mexico (U-23) views.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »
I know how the players are feeling,they feel betrayed by the Administration,by the Fans,by the Coaching Staff and by each other,WHY?BECAUSE the Administration have never put any working structure in youth development football up to this day.Fans  will  go all out and support  first -  then blast them after a bad performance. Look at support Mexico had,that is a big factor in sport MEXICO their fans killed our players and we stood by and watched I myself,shame on me.The Coaching Staff pretended to know what they were doing but the players showed exactly what they  were practicing, they just tried to keep possession of the ball in their half, and we lost the ball a lot, even when we had numbers to go forward.The players themselves  showed that they did not work on their own physically, to prepare for a tournament like this.
To make a long story short Mexico U20 is playing in the Dallas Cup against Everton FC of England,Paris St. Germain of France and Cortiba FC of Brazil,what is our U20 players doing? Are we going to wait to kill our players when they meet MexicoU20 like we are doing know OR  will we ever understand what we are up against?     

truetrini

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 12:30:18 AM »
The real question here today in post mortem...is what role did the coach play in our team getting such a cut arse?

By the way, Gay ahd a decent game.  One man up top and the direct and predictable long ball to him ALL ALONE up front, could not result in a goal with 3-4 defenders paying attention to him!

We had an absent midfield, a problem I highlighted during the warm up games in Ft Lauderdale.

For the first 35 minutes Sean de Silva was absent, George had a horrible game, he was well out of sorts.  The inability to quickly play the ball to team mates, two or three extra touches put us under pressure.

Most of the Mexican golas came from silly give aways close to our defensive third.  Molino and Gay for some periods seemed well up to the task, but Mexico made some tactical subs and neutralized the threats these guys and Joseph (?) made.

Cato should have been introduced to inject pace into our game.  Our keeper did not have a hreat game by any means, but he was having a tough time communicating with his defense as evidenced by three of the goals and the free kick that was simply shot past the wall, the same wall he was seen screaming at to move to the left.

This team is not equal to Mexico, but it is certainly not 6 goals worse!

Outplayed and out coached...I cna only hope that we do better today when we face Panama.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:00:42 AM by truetrini SC »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 02:25:36 AM »
Eh TT, no matter how yuh twist it and turn it, T&T never had ah good product. i watching them since i was ah yute, and they always look second best when they play opposition that are technically sound.

right now, this is the same product we've been producing for decades, and it looked even worst than pass performances, bc teams who stepped up their game and joined the ranks of the elite will make this bum product look even more obsolete than in times gone by

right now, instead of we trying to compete with anyone, we should be looking for ways to develop our league and yute players. we are in dire need of academies with sound foreign teachers (hopefully dutch or german). IMO local born coaches have an axe to grind, and they doing it @ the expense of our football and young footballers success.

IMO we only looked solid and sound, just once!!! in all the yrs i watching T&T football, i've never seen our football soo organized and productive like how we were under leo beenhakker, reason why ? bc we had a goal, and we finally spend money on it, which comes to mind, if we want tuh experience success ever again, then we have to invest in good competent coaches and staff, and we have to keep on investing on a continuum yute player development program, from 11 to 21.

but would it ever happen with these mad clueless short sighted ppl who crave instant gratification, the ones that's "over" running that place ? who knows! your guess is as good as mine.

so save yuhself from the pain and disappointment, bc we just don't have a good enough product to compete successfully on the international market.  we need to go back to the board room.           :thinking:   
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:32:35 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »
I know how the players are feeling,they feel betrayed by the Administration,by the Fans,by the Coaching Staff and by each other,WHY?BECAUSE the Administration have never put any working structure in youth development football up to this day.Fans  will  go all out and support  first -  then blast them after a bad performance. Look at support Mexico had,that is a big factor in sport MEXICO their fans killed our players and we stood by and watched I myself,shame on me.The Coaching Staff pretended to know what they were doing but the players showed exactly what they  were practicing, they just tried to keep possession of the ball in their half, and we lost the ball a lot, even when we had numbers to go forward.The players themselves  showed that they did not work on their own physically, to prepare for a tournament like this.
To make a long story short Mexico U20 is playing in the Dallas Cup against Everton FC of England,Paris St. Germain of France and Cortiba FC of Brazil,what is our U20 players doing? Are we going to wait to kill our players when they meet MexicoU20 like we are doing know OR  will we ever understand what we are up against?     

So when de same teams draw 1-1 in Mexico last October the 26,000 supporters wasn't a facotor too ?

Stop making excuses.

Teams have to learn to deal with the 12 man, thats how is has always been vs Mexico.

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 05:29:17 AM »
Well said just cool. I been saying the same thing a while now and taken heat for it. Whenever we face a half decent opposition we can't string four passes together, we resort to what we saw yesterday. After those games we hear the same analysis: midfield absent, lost our shape etc. If however by some miracle we had earned a draw (Mexico hit post 5 times..), you would have heard the accolades being offered. In the PanAm Games, Mexico played with a "B Team" and we were very lucky. We can live against a European style of play but really look out of place against the quick passing, South American style. We have decent players to work with but that level and style of play is new to them and will need lots of exposure to get accustomed with it.

Having said this I expect a better showing vs Panama who traditionally relies on a bit more athleticism and brawn than most other Central American teams. This should suit us better.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 05:55:19 AM »
TnT suffered last night because of too much small goal.  countries like USA does have to input small goal to hone tight -passing and spot dribbling. In TnT it is the exact opposite. Truth be told TnT need to put more big goal into their game. Only Barca does play small goal and win. Mexico has never been the best dribblers but they kill you with tactical play. They beat you from 4 feet away leaving you in the slumps. Their off the ball makes up for dribbling out of a tight space. Just move without the ball and get it played in where yuh going to be. They need to get TnT youths playing more big goal. Ban small goal in de dam island for a year. 20-man ah side and all kinda shit. Is only beat and spanner over and over like yuh in a mad house but when yuh on de big field and de defender back off ah yuh lil bit yuh dont know how to get past him. Ban Small Goal!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 06:34:14 AM »
I tired talk about T&T football and what is needed to take it to a basic, functional, competitive level even on a regional scale, much less on a full international level.  But we don't get it, even on a cultural level....I reading some of these posts here by people I presume are more knowledgeable football......fans.....and I see our judgment and ability to properly evaluate our teams does be badly hampered by something....maybe patriotism.  I seein' men trying to reason that we drew 1-1 with Mexico in the Pan Am games so we shouldna'ta lose......so bad, to them now.  Really, fellas?! Come on, have y'all been paying attention to Mexico's reign of dominance at all age levels in CONCACAF lately?  Wht about how football is strucurally developed in either country have we been living in black holes to know that our players still cyah apply the fundamentals (trap, shoot, pass.....in tight spaces) like some most of the other nations that supposedly take football as seriously as we do.  I watch dem clips from our warm up games and I am sorry to say but our players do not impress me, not even against clubs from university or from localrec leagues or where ever the ttff trumped up our pre-tournament opposition from.  Ah tired seeing people posting, blaming anything and everything from the coach to our small-goal mentality to one player having a bad game, when the bottom line is, we as a nation, we are just not ready.  I dunno if or when we ever will be, but we are not ready.  Qualifiers for the next setta World Cups (U-20, U-17 men and women, 2018 and 2016 Olympics) go come and we go be playin' the same brand ah football......and the same folks go be posting the same things about dat same brand.  Moderators, please put a asterisk on this thread for future reference.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 08:44:00 AM »
I tired talk about T&T football and what is needed to take it to a basic, functional, competitive level even on a regional scale, much less on a full international level.  But we don't get it, even on a cultural level....I reading some of these posts here by people I presume are more knowledgeable football......fans.....and I see our judgment and ability to properly evaluate our teams does be badly hampered by something....maybe patriotism.  I seein' men trying to reason that we drew 1-1 with Mexico in the Pan Am games so we shouldna'ta lose......so bad, to them now.  Really, fellas?! Come on, have y'all been paying attention to Mexico's reign of dominance at all age levels in CONCACAF lately?  Wht about how football is strucurally developed in either country have we been living in black holes to know that our players still cyah apply the fundamentals (trap, shoot, pass.....in tight spaces) like some most of the other nations that supposedly take football as seriously as we do.  I watch dem clips from our warm up games and I am sorry to say but our players do not impress me, not even against clubs from university or from localrec leagues or where ever the ttff trumped up our pre-tournament opposition from.  Ah tired seeing people posting, blaming anything and everything from the coach to our small-goal mentality to one player having a bad game, when the bottom line is, we as a nation, we are just not ready.  I dunno if or when we ever will be, but we are not ready.  Qualifiers for the next setta World Cups (U-20, U-17 men and women, 2018 and 2016 Olympics) go come and we go be playin' the same brand ah football......and the same folks go be posting the same things about dat same brand.  Moderators, please put a asterisk on this thread for future reference.   

Well clearly Chow something or things make us not ready. I propose that the small goal mentality as in must have a man marker right next to yuh to spanner yuh way by or i dont know what to do.. is a result  OS  Over-small-goal. De mexican defenders backed off and they dont know how to move and beat pass. From Dead balls we could do wonders. The simplest of shifts and flicks so present in the south-american game, are the things that constitute tact. Because of too much small goal/Not enough big goal- we lack the tactical & technical skills of playing big goal football.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 08:51:55 AM »
Not taking Jean-Roc Rochford was a mistake.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 09:10:13 AM »
                  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause: :beermug:       

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 09:39:44 AM »
I am not surprised! In fact when Eve was running his mouth on others more qualified than him , I wrote in a previous post that his days are numbered because he just not up to this job, maybe assistant at a local pro team but not National Coach! It is time we look at the background training exposure to high levels of football at senior level before you assign them not because they just arse licking and saying what some in officialdom want to hear!
The country needs better representation than this , the fans deserve better! Eve has got to go!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 10:11:22 AM »
This is like deja vu.....same thing everytime...we keep bussing up we mouth bout administrators, coach, players, gov't....is bess like we eh have no football...what relly going on with we football jed
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »
I watch that game again today just to see somethings...

The team not playing together at all and they are not organised.

Is individual ball them men playing and no one leaving they zones to help each other.

Players running into trouble and no one there to help them, they also holding de ball to long and in de process they getting double team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »
I watch that game again today just to see somethings...

The team not playing together at all and they are not organised.

Is individual ball them men playing and no one leaving they zones to help each other.

Players running into trouble and no one there to help them,
they also holding de ball to long and in de process they getting double team.

Here nah Sam, and they bawl is Dutch brand we supposed to be playing at all levels... I ent see a man overlap. Not a man make an improvised run or movement to create space.  :cursing:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »
based on some comments above...once I had the opportunity to attend one of SH evaluations, he was the Junior team coach at the time..He taught me 2 things that day...and it was all a matter of live experience really...one of which was, after the evaluations, he ask "wha yuh think" ...ah say them fellas real good..ah especially like the left back..that fella is ah borse, he make his opposing right wing - who look technically real good - do nothing at all...the man had to switch sides to get a little play...SH say "Yeah, not he"..wha yuh think bout so & so....ah say the man ent taking meh on...well, cause he easy to talk to, even doh I just meet the man..ah say "man, yuh go be making ah mistake..yuh have to take that fella..he real good".. He say "Maxg, ah make that mistake ahready".."ah carry the man on ah trip based on the same real good play yuh seeing"...."the man does close up like Ti Marie when he see crowd, is not the same guy at all" " he do meh that twice...everybody wondering how he could be a Canada best" .....my question then was, "How yuh go know when he ready ? "...Unfortunately for the youth, he would have lost the opportunity, cause can or will the coach take that chance again, suppose he wrong..Even here they go say SH musbe hitting he sista...Yuh know dem Trinis..
Seriously though, I learn that about some issues with selection at that level that day, I would never have experienced having to make such decisions....the unfortunate thing, a National Team coach, cannot afford to give everybody a chance...and the less games, especially low intensity, the team plays, the less the chances of recognizing these individuals...however few may sometimes turn out ok, down the road, but may not be ready for the moment...and so, hardly ever really get the opportunity to be found out....this is where yuh need a good admin.(not only for organization but games)...cause ah sure if SH had nobody else he mighta give the boy ah bligh...but the organzization, ensure he have many other choices.....just saying

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
"the man does close up like Ti Marie when he see crowd, is not the same guy at all"

SH have talks. :rotfl:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 04:52:24 PM »
Angus Eve and dem does forever be bawlin bout how local coaches doh get opportunity and how dey does get fight down and ting.

And den when dey get dey chance....dey toots.

Canada, Panama, El Salvador etc doh have any more TALENT than T&T.  But when they step on dat field....dey organized and play with structure.

That is PURELY down to coaching.  Nothing else.  maxg makes an excellent point about players who look good in some environments but fold up like a patraj roti when it really matters.  Selecting the right team...the right mix of players....is down to coaching.  Making sure that your players are organized on the field is down to coaching.  Playing to a plan and keeping that discipline is down to coaching. 

If players not performing their role...it is up to the coaches to take the appropriate action regardless of the player involved.  The coaches should know the strengths and weaknesses of their players.  The coaches should put players in the best positions for those players to succeed.

Players play and coaches coach.  Coaching is management.  Management of resources, personnel, strategy, and game conditions.

By and large, we local coaches eh ready.  It dat simple.

Good luck to the boys tonight.  Hopefully they ketch a VAPS and pull out a victory. 

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:40 AM »
Angus Eve and dem does forever be bawlin bout how local coaches doh get opportunity and how dey does get fight down and ting.

Canada, Panama, El Salvador etc doh have any more TALENT than T&T.  But when they step on dat field....dey organized and play with structure.

That is PURELY down to coaching.  Nothing else.  maxg makes an excellent point about players who look good in some environments but fold up like a patraj roti when it really matters.  Selecting the right team...the right mix of players....is down to coaching.  Making sure that your players are organized on the field is down to coaching.  Playing to a plan and keeping that discipline is down to coaching. 

If players not performing their role...it is up to the coaches to take the appropriate action regardless of the player involved.  The coaches should know the strengths and weaknesses of their players.  The coaches should put players in the best positions for those players to succeed.

Players play and coaches coach.  Coaching is management.  Management of resources, personnel, strategy, and game conditions.

Good luck to the boys tonight.  Hopefully they ketch a VAPS and pull out a victory. 

Palos i agree with a lot of what you said here from the coaching points of view but i don't think we have more talent than those countries,we have had so many foreign Coaches come to T&T and toots because of the talent we have,it's very hard for foreign and local Coaches because of the quality of players we have,if we have players who are committed to the game we will have better teams,Coaches spend too much time teaching players basics at the international level plain and simple.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
                  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause: :beermug:       

Palos i agree with a lot of what you said here from the coaching points of view but i don't think we have more talent than those countries,we have had so many foreign Coaches come to T&T and toots because of the talent we have,it's very hard for foreign and local Coaches because of the quality of players we have,if we have players who are committed to the game we will have better teams,Coaches spend too much time teaching players basics at the international level plain and simple.

Again Coop's I will call yuh out, yuh applaud and thump yuh chest when everyone say the fellas look nice in they suit and hair cut. Yuh was gushing over the TTFF and Harford and them, biggin' them up and glowing with pride for having the fellas look good.

Yet, look at yuh, yuh agreeing a structure is needed for football, who job is that? Ours here on the board?  Who is supposed to put things in place to ensure that our players when selected to the NT is Technically competent, tactical aware and phsically ready?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »
Elan,i does just try to be open with my criticisms,i give credit when it is due and i will give constructive criticism when it is due.

Through all the build up and during this qualifying for the Olympics i'm still waiting to here someone say somethng good about the TTFF and these players,man getting kick in their head all kind ah thing and people still saying these guys not giving their best,Eve is ah Goat etc etc

You all could be right may be is just me,i see things different.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
Elan,i does just try to be open with my criticisms,i give credit when it is due and i will give constructive criticism when it is due.

Through all the build up and during this qualifying for the Olympics i'm still waiting to here someone say somethng good about the TTFF and these players,man getting kick in their head all kind ah thing and people still saying these guys not giving their best,Eve is ah Goat etc etc

Coop's again yuh glaringly avoid the criticizing TTFF part. You thought our preparation was good? We played TWO pick up team in Florida and when we did play a team to challenge us we rest what was our better players at the time   ???  Maybe anything the TTFF give is good for you but not me. This is our National team, I know club and college who prepare better than that.

You've openly criticized the 16 players that JW took to court, but you have yet to say how wrong JW was/is. You praise the TTFF at the drop of a dime, any scraps they feed the players you stand and applause, while the admin dining big time. Can't see how you support the crumbs the TTFF hand out, and criticize anyone who try to stand against such terrible aministration.

Can you explain your side?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »

Coop's again yuh glaringly avoid the criticizing TTFF part. You thought our preparation was good? We played TWO pick up team in Florida and when we did play a team to challenge us we rest what was our better players at the time   ???  Maybe anything the TTFF give is good for you but not me. This is our National team, I know club and college who prepare better than that.

You've openly criticized the 16 players that JW took to court, but you have yet to say how wrong JW was/is. You praise the TTFF at the drop of a dime, any scraps they feed the players you stand and applause, while the admin dining big time. Can't see how you support the crumbs the TTFF hand out, and criticize anyone who try to stand against such terrible aministration.

:heehee: :heehee: explain my side!! you must be crazy!! i does receive too many death threats on this forum.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »

:heehee: :heehee: explain my side!! you must be crazy!! i does receive too many death threats on this forum.

See what I am saying Coop's can't take yuh serious.

1]; } ?>