March 29, 2024, 05:31:28 AM

Author Topic: WI vs. Australia 5th One Day, Beausejour, St. Lucia  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WI vs. Australia 5th One Day, Beausejour, St. Lucia
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
Must admit...my respect for Sammy has increased.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »
Must admit...my respect for Sammy has increased.
  :beermug:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »
I didn't want to post anything during the innings because Bharath, Bravo and Baugh all played really poor shots. Narine's wasn't so great either, but he and Roach had more pressure on them that their skill could manage so hats off to them for what they were able to do. Even Pollard probably didn't need to play the shot that he did at the time he did it, but if it went for 6 we would have been singing his praises.

Considering that it's 17 years since we last beat this team in a series I am disappointed, but relatively pleased at the same time. These fellas fighting it a lot more because in that tie, as close as we came, we were under the gun and basically out of it at 117/6. Maybe we are getting better, maybe not... for now we tied a series against the #1 ODI team in cricket. Who predicted anything other than an Aussie win, especially after game 1?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 08:23:32 PM »
I was particularly happy to see the effort the fellas are making on the field...

They are working as a team...more backing up, fielding effortlessly, team bonding....

There is no failure in effort and this is one series I commend them.....keep working at it fellas..

I would love to see this use as a guide towards the test matches....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 09:57:47 PM »
I will not bad talk Sammy again, imagine I see a West Indies captain shed some tears for losing a game. I doh think I have seen that ever. He rel fight.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 12:16:42 AM »
 :applause: for Sammy. If we could get the entire team with that level of commitment, we will be good to go. Sammy is not the most talented, but he is a fighter. They must drop Samuels and Baugh. Samuels has been pulling stones for years and Baugh has always been brainless.

I'm concerned about small Bravo loss of form, but don't know what the answer is. He has not scored many runs since the India/Bangladesh tour. Big Bravo is experienced enough now to be batting more responsibly than he does.

Anyway, hope we win the T20 series. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
I will not bad talk Sammy again, imagine I see a West Indies captain shed some tears for losing a game. I doh think I have seen that ever. He rel fight.

Lets c if d conumate haters agree. Time 2 check caribbeancricket.com
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 11:51:50 AM »
I know its easy to make comments after the event about what we should or shouldn't do etc,etc,but I feel that some of our players sometimes dont understand what is required.I wonder if the coach couldn't send a message to Barath and let him know that it was his duty to bat on for as long as possible without taking chances,had he done that we would have won.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 12:32:47 PM »
I know its easy to make comments after the event about what we should or shouldn't do etc,etc,but I feel that some of our players sometimes dont understand what is required.I wonder if the coach couldn't send a message to Barath and let him know that it was his duty to bat on for as long as possible without taking chances,had he done that we would have won.

To lay it all on Barath is unfair IMO. Charles, the 2 Bravos, Baugh and Narine all played poor shots given the circumstances. Barath contributed 42 runs, which was more than those 5 players combined.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2012/engine/match/540172.html?view=runrate
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »

To lay it all on Barath is unfair IMO. Charles, the 2 Bravos, Baugh and Narine all played poor shots given the circumstances. Barath contributed 42 runs, which was more than those 5 players combined.
I think Barath having stood there and saw what was happening could have thought out the situation better than the shot he played.Yes he did better than those blokes who also fell playing silly shots so all the more reason to galvanise and play the innings that was required on the day,he was there long enough and was quite capable of digging in for another 10 overs at least,that would have been the match for us.Let me say that I am a Barath fan and feel he will go down to be one of the best,he could even turn out to be a great West Indian bat to compare with some of our former greats.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2012/engine/match/540172.html?view=runrate

All I am saying is that it is a team game and each and everyone have their part to play. But I agree with you, once Barath gets a bit more experience and composure he will be a very good player.

1]; } ?>