April 18, 2024, 12:41:23 PM

Author Topic: Big crowd expected for Sharks first league game  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Big crowd expected for Sharks first league game
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
Big crowd expected for Sharks first league game
Central FC Media

The pairing of Cental F.C. and W.Connection in a TT Pro League double header on Friday is expected to produce a big attendance at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium. Central F.C. take on Police F.C. in the 6 pm game, while W.Connection go head to head with fierce rivals, Caledonia AIA at 8pm.

“If this double header doesn’t fill the stadium, I don’t know what will” said Central’s Managing Director, Brent Sancho. “Our game is perfectly timed for the workers at Point Lisas to take in the game after work and get behind their local team. We’re hoping that supporters from Chaguanas, Couva and the whole Central region will be there to witness our first league match”

The Sharks are keen to take 3 points from their first game, after waiting so long for their league debut after their opening game against W.Connection was postponed due to their Champions League commitments.

“It’s given us extra time to prepare” said Central’s Head Coach, Graham Rix “But we just want to start playing competitive games. I am so pleased with my players work rate in training and I have every confidence that we can take all three points”

Operations Director, Kevin Harrison said “We hope to have a lot of extras on offer for the game. We will distribute free match programmes and we will have supporters T Shirts on sale, which may include a special offer. We will also have exclusive “Sharks” noisemakers for sale for just $10.”

Harrison said that the Pro League have put much more work into promoting and assisting with the hosting of games and this has made life easier for the clubs. “The league are taking away some of our workload and expenses by providing the medical cover, manning the turnstiles and providing entertainment etc. For clubs like Central F.C. with a very small staff, this relieves a lot of pressure. It is essential that the league and the clubs work more closely to provide a better supporter experience.”

Sharks striker, Anthony Wolfe said “ We’ve all been very focused in training and our trainer, Lindsay Davis has worked wonders on our fitness. He’s introduced a nutritional diet and it’s great to have all of the lads eat together after training. The camaraderie amongst the players is really high and I feel that tight team spirit will help us when our backs are to the wall.”

Sancho added “ It’s been a long hard 4 months since Kevin and I conceived Central F.C. But the support from sponsors, local businesses and the Central community has carried us through. We now just hope that the supporters get behind the lads, as they are an important part of a successful team.”

Harrison said “We hope to be more visible in the Central Region in the near future. We’ve been training at Ato Boldon Stadium and Presentation College in Chaguanas, but we really want to train at a location that will allow the public to come along and watch. Hopefully, that will happen soon.”

Central F.C. vs Police F.C. kicks off at 6pm on Friday 19th October at Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, while W.Connection will play Caledonia AIA at 8pm.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big crowd expected for Sharks first league game
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:57:19 AM »
Big crowd ....  :rotfl:

This is funny.

I expect 200 for the most and half of that is family and free tickets.

Central FC is a fete mentality team, they have a lot to learn about being professional.

My prediction

Police 3 v Central 1 (own goal)

:rotfl:

I just cant wait to read Mr Harrison game report.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:17:07 AM »
Big crowd ....  :rotfl:

This is funny.

I expect 200 for the most and half of that is family and free tickets.

Central FC is a fete mentality team, they have a lot to learn about being professional.

My prediction

Police 3 v Central 1 (own goal)

:rotfl:

I just cant wait to read Mr Harrison game report.

So, I'm assuming that you will be at the match? So why don't you give a match report? Or come over like a real man and introduce yourself. Or are you as big a coward as everyone here thinks?

A 3-1 loss would be a step forward after our 3-0 loss vs Defence Force, and as long as the team is making progress, I'll be happy.

Just a question to you, Mr Horner: Why are you so keen to use my name when you won't reveal yours? You need to consult with a psychologist, my friend. You have issues, one of which is your snakelike personality and your habit of hiding behind your identity to criticise others. These are serious issues that you have, similar to those found in sexual predators such as rapists and pedophiles. Which one are you?

Hope I see you at the game, I usually do!

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 06:51:22 AM »
I hope they televised the and it should be a good.... I'm backing Central FC.... cuz Sancho...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Big crowd expected for Sharks first league game
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
I hope they televised the and it should be a good.... I'm backing Central FC.... cuz Sancho...

Live? I doubt that
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »

Won't be live, but should be on Wi Sport channel 14 and ACTS channel 9 by Monday. Its a real shame that someone like I95 doesn't cover the games live on the radio.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
A 3-1 loss would be a step forward after our 3-0 loss vs Defence Force, and as long as the team is making progress, I'll be happy.

3-1 from one of the worst teams in the history of the league after Tobago United and you say it's an improvement.

Wake up and smell the coffee, the 3-0 lost to Army was a little big justified because they are a better team, even though your team played unorganised football in the second half, I will excuse them.

But it seems you guys are using the new team token as an excuse to save your team and your over price coach the embarrassment. Your team [most of] are not new to this competition and your coach has international experience, anything less than 3rd place is unacceptable in your first season.

And I do not need to hide, you know who I am, I drive a Hummer.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:23:01 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »

3-1 from one of the worst teams in the history of the league after Tobago United and you say it's an improvement.

Wake up and smell the coffee, the 3-0 lost to Army was a little big justified because they are a better team, even though your team played unorganised football in the second half, I will excuse them.

But it seems you guys are using the new team token as an excuse to save your team and your over price coach the embarrassment. Your team [most of] are not new to this competition and your coach has international experience, anything less than 3rd place is unacceptable in your first season.

Well, you never know, the game not played yet. Maybe Central may even scrape a win. Who knows?

Actually, judging by the first half, Army are not a better team than Central, but they were fitter and, as you pointed out, more organised. That you would expect, but you would also expect Central to improve in those departments. Central have never boasted that they will win any cups or the League this season, but that doesn't mean they don't want too. Its a work in progress. Check where we are, no govt subvention, no shirt sponsor, but once those things will come. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the style of play and, of course, I hope it brings a win. Come over and get your supporters polo and beers.....you could always burn the shirt as a protest!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:58:13 PM by Flex »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »

Warner jr.. yuh really have no shame yes.. bragging about a car that you have off the supporters funds over the years that your father tief

nasty little brat

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
Leh we geh a scout report on dis one, looks like ah will have to head to leave de east to take in some club ball when ah come down
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »
What is the score- All this hype one would have thought that we would get a running commentary. With all this technology, we have to wait until the morrow.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
What is the score- All this hype one would have thought that we would get a running commentary. With all this technology, we have to wait until the morrow.

Central FC 1-0 Police FC. Anthony Wolfe with the goal.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>