March 29, 2024, 04:03:38 AM

Author Topic: Ramnarine Resigns  (Read 1407 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ramnarine Resigns
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »
Trinidad Express Newspaper National News of Trinidad and Tobago

RAMNARINE RESIGNS

Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/RAMNARINE_RESIGNS-144314765.html
March 26, 2012

Dinanath Ramnarine, president and chief executive officer of the West Indies Players Association (WIPA), has resigned, citing the need to refresh and reinvigorate the organisation with new leadership.

A WIPA statement yesterday noted that the WIPA board of directors had announced the resignation and that it came "as no surprise, since the long-serving and deeply-committed Ramnarine has always advocated and sought to refresh and reinvigorate the organisation with new leadership".

Ramnarine assumed the position of WIPA president in 2002 at the same time that Wavell Hinds was appointed as treasurer.

WIPA secretary Andrew Richardson said the Trinidad and Tobago national had indicated last year that 2012 would be his last year with the organisation.

"He has now completed a perfect decade. We wish to recognise that he has served meritoriously over those ten years", he added.

Ramnarine's resignation takes effect March 31 and Hinds, who has served on the WIPA executive for the same period as Ramnarine, will assume the presidency of the Players Association until the annual general meeting later this year.

Hinds, elected the same day as Ramnarine, said: "It is truly a depressing day for West Indian cricket to see Mr Ramnarine depart.

"We were well advised that this day will come but hoped it would never materialise. We are all saddened by his decision, given his outstanding contribution and great personal sacrifice to WIPA," said Hinds.

"In the face of all adversity, his credibility and integrity, combined with his strong leadership qualities, remain some of his strongest and greatest attributes, taking WIPA to great heights," Hinds added.

The WIPA statement said that, from the start, "Dinas", as he is known, worked assiduously throughout the region to reframe players worth and the value of individuals to the game.

"He successfully negotiated increased sponsorship payments for the 2003 World Cup and secured compensation for players who were injured during the period of 1999-2003.

"Ramnarine's vision and leadership at WIPA has progressively advanced the cause of players and the rules of the off-field game by leaps and bounds.

"His tenure has been defined by ground-breaking negotiations aimed at bringing West Indies cricket into the 21st century. He was the first to push the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) to enter into a formal collective bargaining agreement for the players, and negotiated the single largest West Indian cricketer pay increase in history," the statement added.

"In the face of some barriers, Ramnarine has fought with determination to elevate the game and to increase transparency in the management of players and resources."

Michael Hall will act as the interim CEO and Ramnarine has agreed to act in an advisory capacity to assist with the transition as is required.

The other members of the WIPA board are Ramnaresh Sarwan, Andrew Richardson, Samuel Badree, Dave Kissoon and Derik Lattibeaudiere.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ramnarine Resigns
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »
I want 2 know y?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »
I want 2 know y?

I baffled too....something not adding up here..... :thinking:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
I want 2 know y?

I baffled too....something not adding up here..... :thinking:

ENT More in d mortar than d pestle
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 06:14:39 AM »

I agree...is either Caricom give him ah pips fuh some job or some other position crop up that was too good tuh give up....

whatever it is....i sure we goe get d bulletin soon...stay tuned!
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:05:26 AM »

I agree...is either Caricom give him ah pips fuh some job or some other position crop up that was too good tuh give up....

Ah waitin

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »

Ah waitin

It have a bye election coming up?
Maybe Jack seat ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »
My fantasy is that he becomes President or Secretary of FPATT.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>