March 29, 2024, 03:16:47 AM

Author Topic: It is now Official, Trinidad & Tobago Football is DEAD....  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: It is now Official, Trinidad & Tobago Football is DEAD....
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »
I bet all ah allyuh one thing, if all went well five yrs ago, jack and the boys worked something out and everyone got paid, no black list, we were doing well and winning since after the WC 2006.

the stadiums would be full (of fair weather fans of course), the board would be buzzing, half of the ppl who are complaining would not be complaining, we would be still braggin bout how we are the best caribbean team, and of course we would be taking snide jabs @ RF and 2099, and every thing would be honkey dorey.

but the football would still be in disarray, there will still be a lack of youth development programs, our league would still be piss poor, there would still be a lack of funding for proper coaching and football education, no one would be in any hurry to build any youth academies bc they would be satisfied with the results, therefor why bother. there would still be no football players union, the cooperate sponsors would still be sniding the local league, skeene and romany would still be void of ideas on how tuh really run ah league.

i bet allyuh one thing, almost 80% of the board would be satisfied had we made it to SA, or even challenged for a half spot, had we made it to all the gold cups we missed, had we beaten jamaica once in the office, had we still been in contention for a spot in brazil 2014, had we booked a place to the olympics, but then, how would that change the dynamics of all the things that is wrong with our football ?

so which is better, bogus results, or addressing and fixing what iz wrong with T&T football? i'll take the later any day month or yr.

this was for all the fair weather fans, who rather we win so they could feel good about themselves and our football, while the cancer kept eating out the football from the inside out.

PS: had we done all these things, would TI still be disgruntled?

disgruntled, this is an average conversation, i am not surprised or mad, you reap what you sow, and the seeds of destruction have been sown for a while.

our nation is also to blame, not only the players and management, everyone wants to blame jack, but jw simply used his brain, any other man in his position in TT would have done the same or worse if given those chances, the people on the board is just talk, they like it so...

you think the players loyal to TT? they have some pseudo jamaican youths in TT now that rather be from another island and when the players ride out, they forget about trini, dollar signs and glitz and glamour, patriotism is out the window, national call ups is a feather in their cap, a way to gallery.

the same goes for 90% of this board, they don't truly love TT, they love themselves, the egos i have seen on here from day one are a true testament, thats why the nation is in disarray, but many are afraid to admit, they hide it and justify it, because they can' face the truth

am i angry, hell no, i know the mentality we deal with, so when people start blaming only one side, its a joke to me, greed is rampant on both sides and all around, you mitigate that with intelligence and strategy, something that is lacking on both sides
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:46:05 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 04:51:19 PM »
just cool, unlike many, I think if we make a world cup 3 times in my lifetime that would be a hell of an achievement, and we went close twice and made it once, that is remarkable for the size of our country, and that with Jack warner sucking the blood sweat and making people cry too!   Fact is we have a very small pool to cull players from.

Take our 1.2 million population

1.  Remove all the women, that may leave us with a generous 600,000 people.
2.  Now remove all those older than 35 and all those younger than 18...how many you think left?  Lets guess a very generous 300,000
3.  now lets take away 200,000 for many play other sports and some may just not be interested in football, or sports or may just not be talented enough
4.  Take away most of the Indians for whatever reason they eh playing competitive ball and concentrating on cricket and academics.  How many you think left?  Lets guess about 10,000???   

I am just guessing and throwing out numbers for illustrative purposes.

All in all we do very well.

Can we do better?  certainly but it takes vision, planning and hard work.

Something we eh learn jes yet.

8 teams in we pro league if I am not mistaken...lets give each team a very generous 50 players...dais 400 pro players at home and about 50 overseas, and another 50 in college ball in de US and Canada.....dais all brother.

again I guessing numbers, and jes trying to show an example.. we talent pool real shallow, but we continuously punching above we weight class.   Not bad when yuh put things in perspective

so your excuse for failure is attributed to our small population to choose footballers from? how about ex-pats living in north america and the UK?

how about the fact that we don't have the right people in place and the ones that can actually run the football aren't given the chances.

how about the fact that our coaches and people locally are poor judges of talent and have so many biases intertwined in their thinking that many can't see outside the box and as a result, let talent go to waste.

so no, i don't buy the sorry excuse that we have a limited talent pool to select from, that player roopie was talented and couldn't make the team because of beyond the boundary reasons, it had coaches who came on here and vouched for his talent but guys like skeene was just plain nasty, thats why our football is down and our nation, wrong people in charge who think they know too much, does that ring a bell for you, it exists right here on this board

THE BLUE CRAB BOARD WHERE NO ONE WILL COME TOGETHER FOR THE GREATER GOOD BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY ARE TOO GREAT

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 05:03:39 PM »
Contro, Bro, How many times TT football dead?

TT football was never dead, however, now that we have seen the cycle begin again with the recycling of leadership, it is official, many said jw was the problem, but he's not the problem, the problem lies with the people as a whole.
You drinking in yuh livin room or what?? trinidad football was never alive!! so it had no cause to ded!

first off, we are a very talented ppl, and we "were" very brave and charismatic @ one time so we showcased our talent for the world to see, ah natural God given gift, or some freak of nature, or something in the air, soil or water. phenomenal as it was, we always seemed to pull of the improbable.

now that's not to say that we were not in love with football, or that we didn't have a strong desire to join the ranks of football's elite, but we definitely was not a footballing nation, and football never got off the ground in T&T.

it's only in the last decade that we had enough interest to conjure up a pro league, and that league has proven it self to be a failure, since it can't attract spectators and sponsors alike. i remember back in the days fellas played football for applause and the love of the game, and right after the game, fellas went back to being strunters beggin for ah beer, a cold solo, ah malta and beef pie, and they still played with more heart than these "pros".

as for T&T football being ded, bro, i was there, and though it was more fanfare, plenty spectatorship and ppl had much love for the game, our football was never established, no pro league, no facilities, no structure, and no one cared about football enough to give it life, just like today.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 05:11:49 PM »

TT football was never dead, however, now that we have seen the cycle begin again with the recycling of leadership, it is official, many said jw was the problem, but he's not the problem, the problem lies with the people as a whole.
You drinking in yuh livin room or what?? trinidad football was never alive!! so it had no cause to ded!

first off, we are a very talented ppl, and we "were" very brave and charismatic @ one time so we showcased our talent for the world to see, ah natural God given gift, or some freak of nature, or something in the air, soil or water. phenomenal as it was, we always seemed to pull of the improbable.

now that's not to say that we were not in love with football, or that we didn't have a strong desire to join the ranks of football's elite, but we definitely was not a footballing nation, and football never got off the ground in T&T.

it's only in the last decade that we had enough interest to conjure up a pro league, and that league has proven it self to be a failure, since it can't attract spectators and sponsors alike. i remember back in the days fellas played football for applause and the love of the game, and right after the game, fellas went back to being strunters beggin for ah beer, a cold solo, ah malta and beef pie, and they still played with more heart than these "pros".

as for T&T football being ded, bro, i was there, and though it was more fanfare, plenty spectatorship and ppl had much love for the game, our football was never established, no pro league, no facilities, no structure, and no one cared about football enough to give it life, just like today.

we agree to disagree, that's your opinion bro, everyone has their own story to tell and bone to pick.

our people are to blame, not jw and the players alone, it starts with society, it has many talented players outside trini that can't make the team but could make a difference and that is just the tip of the iceberg, we also have the right minds to run our football but they too are kept away.

our society is the cause of this, plain and simple, no big diatribe is needed to explain that

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
just cool, unlike many, I think if we make a world cup 3 times in my lifetime that would be a hell of an achievement, and we went close twice and made it once, that is remarkable for the size of our country, and that with Jack warner sucking the blood sweat and making people cry too!   Fact is we have a very small pool to cull players from.

2.  Now remove all those older than 35 and all those younger than 18...how many you think left?  Lets guess a very generous 300,000
3.  now lets take away 200,000 for many play other sports and some may just not be interested in football, or sports or may just not be talented enough
4.  Take away most of the Indians for whatever reason they eh playing competitive ball and concentrating on cricket and academics.  How many you think left?  Lets guess about 10,000???   

8 teams in we pro league if I am not mistaken...lets give each team a very generous 50 players...dais 400 pro players at home and about 50 overseas, and another 50 in college ball in de US and Canada.....dais all brother.

again I guessing numbers, and jes trying to show an example.. we talent pool real shallow, but we continuously punching above we weight class.   Not bad when yuh put things in perspective

so your excuse for failure is attributed to our small population to choose footballers from? how about ex-pats living in north america and the UK?

how about the fact that we don't have the right people in place and the ones that can actually run the football aren't given the chances.

how about the fact that our coaches and people locally are poor judges of talent and have so many biases intertwined in their thinking that many can't see outside the box and as a result, let talent go to waste.

so no, i don't buy the sorry excuse that we have a limited talent pool to select from, that player roopie was talented and couldn't make the team because of beyond the boundary reasons, it had coaches who came on here and vouched for his talent but guys like skeene was just plain nasty, thats why our football is down and our nation, wrong people in charge who think they know too much, does that ring a bell for you, it exists right here on this board

THE BLUE CRAB BOARD WHERE NO ONE WILL COME TOGETHER FOR THE GREATER GOOD BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY ARE TOO GREAT

Try this website, if you feel that is what I said.

http://donate.rif.org/site/PageNavigator/enewslettersignup?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=eNewsAd&gclid=CO-l7cmeja8CFeYRNAodOlZ2ww

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »

http://donate.rif.org/site/PageNavigator/enewslettersignup?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=eNewsAd&gclid=CO-l7cmeja8CFeYRNAodOlZ2ww

settling for mediocrity?

try this website bro...

http://mediocreminds.com/

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »

settling for mediocrity?

try this website bro...

http://mediocreminds.com/

you on kicks yes.  You have to be on f@cking kicks.

I feeling like beating meh self on de head for attempting to engage you in serious discussion...steups!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:27:24 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »

we agree to disagree, that's your opinion bro, everyone has their own story to tell and bone to pick.

our people are to blame, not jw and the players alone, it starts with society, it has many talented players outside trini that can't make the team but could make a difference and that is just the tip of the iceberg, we also have the right minds to run our football but they too are kept away.

our society is the cause of this, plain and simple, no big diatribe is needed to explain that
Eh TI, are we talking bout the same thing? bc i don't want tuh be all over the place with this! this is not a matter of opinion, this is fact! i iz not no lil child, and i could tell yuh bc i was there, our football was always in ah sh!tty condition.

the fact that we had one fackin TV channel, and ppl would rather be out and about than sitting @ home watching sesame street, clopper castle, cat weasel or readin rainbow (all kiddie shows) that made sports such ah big hit, bc we didn't have shyte else to do, so man went to the savannah and kick ball for ah bandolo team just to stay entertained.

some fellas was good enough tuh play or ah club, malvern, peterborough, colts, carenarge UTD, maple ect, but there was no pay, and no red carpet, just temari and hard tacke in yuh rass.

not until arthur suite came around football had some dignity, and yet still that didn't last too long.

football really took off in T&T in the mid eighties with the semi pro league, with teams like trintoc and ASL who attracted ah lot of ppl, even though that was not ah big big league.

after a while fellas started goin outside to play football and getting pro contracts on a regular, but all those yrs T&T football was runnin on solo and beef pies, and football was a past time, not no official sport as in other countries who we could consider footballing nations.

so this is not an opinion as you would like to think, if yuh think ah lying, just ask deeks and coop if T&T was ever a footballing nation, and while yuh @ it, ask them where was the first youth academy, or the elite training facility, hek, the only place that was officially dedicated to football was PSA, and it was ah bumpy dusty half turf half dirt field that every one used for sporting events, hek, even my school kept their track meets there/ sports day.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:09:07 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »
've been reading a lot of these posts on various topics, but haven't really said anything.  Anyway, I'll say something that I've been saying about T&T football for over 20 years:

We have absolutely no football IQ and common sense when we play the game.  When attacking, our gays always seek to make a direct pass to a teammate, instead of looking to pass the ball (usually diagonally) to the space where the 'receiver' would run into to gather the pass.  As such, most of our school-boy intercol standard direct pass attempts are typically easily intercepted by the opposing teams's defense.

Problem is, we have world class talented players with no idea of playing world class tactical football.  Our tactics and eye for the game when playing at these international competitions, are still at the high school level. 

Shame is, with just a few minor tweaks to the way we approach our passing (among other minor tweaks), we can then become a real threat to other teams besides St. Lucia.  Although we should, we actually don't necessarily need a wholesale change of players or coaching personel.  Just a few minor tweaks to teach players to run into the spaces...for passers to pass the ball into those 'empty' spaces...for our goal-keepers to cease and desist from the long booted kicks which typically leads to counter attacks by the opposition.

Anyhows, there's obviously more, but that's just  $.02   :-)   

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 10:03:43 PM »
As many times as he decides to announce it!  :yellowcard:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 09:25:10 AM »
next up, Digicel qualifiers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Caribbean_Championship

The one good thing is that we have plenty timeeeeee.

For this competition, we have at least 6 games to play to qualify for the finals in December, where perhaps another 4-5 in that tournament if we are to qualify for the gold cup. Thats plenty games we will be playing later this year. We have FIFA dates between now and qualifying, and CONCACAF will be in the midst of WCQualifying, so opportunities to get in some games with teams seeking to get into form. We should not be at a shortage for preparation. You cant ask for it better.

We hadda forget about men like Kenwyne, carlos etc, as the Digicel Cup qualifying rounds and finals not on FIFA dates, so they wont be part of this. We have nuff men in lesser leagues all around the world and here in the PFL to put together a good mix of about 30 players from the current U23 and senior squad. This core of players should be the core to travel to the Gold Cup in 2013. That should be our ultimate aim, to reach the second round of the GC next year. That is our world cup. Do that and our ranking will move back up, we will get more games, we will get favourable draws for WCQ next time etc etc.

We have just under 6 months before the next critical bit of action begins. Lets see how we use it.

If was me in charge or had a say, here is what would be my plan...

The digicel tournament qualifiers will be used to send a message to CONCACAF that T&T is serious once again after the embarassment of the WC campaign and the humiliation of the 7 goal defeat to Mexico. My mission is to score 15+ goals on St Kitts, St Martin and Anguilla.
Trust me, when Mexico came out to play T&T in their first game last week, they had a plan and that plan was to send a signal and boost their confidence.

The next plan will be to repeat this against Cuba and the other 2 teams in the next qualifying round. Absolutely no losses, no draws and only multiple goal victories.

And for the finals in December, the aim is to not only qualify for the Gold Cup, but to win the competition. We will have to go through Jamaica, but that must be the aim. We have not won this competition that we have dominated in he past for quite a while now. We must send a statement and boost our own belief.

T&T football not dead, we have plenty to look forward to....

How we plan and prepare for it is another story though....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
We are in Group F. All games to be played in the Saint Kitts and Nevis from 24–26 September. Our opponents are Anguilla, St Martin and St Kitts Nevis.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
These last two posts remind me of persons living in Fool's Paradise! There are many fundamentals that must be addressed before we begin to rise! We don't have a proper foundation! We have a Very poor group of administrators  who don't have a clue about football . Most of them never played the game at a serious level! We even have a firmer hockey  player running football! People wake up and smell the coffee! We in deep doodoo  unless things are put right!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 02:39:29 PM »
These last two posts remind me of persons living in Fool's Paradise!

???   What exactly in my last post could possibly give you that impression?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »
We even have a firmer hockey  player running football! People wake up and smell the coffee! We in deep doodoo  unless things are put right!!

Who is the former hockey player? Watson?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »

Eh TI, are we talking bout the same thing? bc i don't want tuh be all over the place with this! this is not a matter of opinion, this is fact! i iz not no lil child, and i could tell yuh bc i was there, our football was always in ah sh!tty condition.

the fact that we had one fackin TV channel, and ppl would rather be out and about than sitting @ home watching sesame street, clopper castle, cat weasel or readin rainbow (all kiddie shows) that made sports such ah big hit, bc we didn't have shyte else to do, so man went to the savannah and kick ball for ah bandolo team just to stay entertained.

some fellas was good enough tuh play or ah club, malvern, peterborough, colts, carenarge UTD, maple ect, but there was no pay, and no red carpet, just temari and hard tacke in yuh rass.

not until arthur suite came around football had some dignity, and yet still that didn't last too long.

football really took off in T&T in the mid eighties with the semi pro league, with teams like trintoc and ASL who attracted ah lot of ppl, even though that was not ah big big league.

after a while fellas started goin outside to play football and getting pro contracts on a regular, but all those yrs T&T football was runnin on solo and beef pies, and football was a past time, not no official sport as in other countries who we could consider footballing nations.

so this is not an opinion as you would like to think, if yuh think ah lying, just ask deeks and coop if T&T was ever a footballing nation, and while yuh @ it, ask them where was the first youth academy, or the elite training facility, hek, the only place that was officially dedicated to football was PSA, and it was ah bumpy dusty half turf half dirt field that every one used for sporting events, hek, even my school kept their track meets there/ sports day.

in reality we could have qualified 4 times for the big dance up to now and possibly many more times if it wasn't for poor planning, poor coaching and lack of commitment by the best players.

i understand that in the 21st century kids are a lot more distracted and have turned to other means of entertainment, but that still is not an excuse for our failure. i never said we were a footballing world power but we have the talent to make the dance every 4 years and its our people who have caused us to fail time and time again.

with the right people in place we can make the WC every 4 years, right now we have jokers running our football and jokers on this board fueling them and this nonsense.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:43:11 PM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>