March 28, 2024, 06:42:03 AM

Author Topic: Don't make me laugh!  (Read 1930 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Don't make me laugh!
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »
Ah few yrs ago i went to a footballing nation for a couple of days, while i was there i got tickets to take in a club game, so naturally i attended. folks,

when i was half a mile away i heard the roar of the crowd, it was music for sore ears, i was about ten minutes late due to traffic so i got there not long after KO. let me tell alllyuh, the place was electric and packed with ppl for a week day. ppl were there from all different walks of life, the rich and the poor all gathered together to watch their favorite teams go @ it.

now i've been to the garden to watch the knicks and the rangers, been to yankee and shea stadium, even been to tampa bay to watch the buccaneers, but i've never seen or heard such vociferousness and i've never seen ppl take a sport so seriously, it's almost like i was in ah big temple where ppl was there to pay homage to an idol of some sort, that's how serious the vibe was.

now my point here is, "FOOTBALLING NATION", these ppl were apparently very serious about their football, and i believe that if any turkey came there to snatch their football away, they would fight like hell to get it back!

not for one second did i believe that if some chump tried to deny them of the best footballing experience, those ppl would take it laying down, but rather, the impression i got, is of a ppl who would throw rocks and set things on fire, both the rich and the poor alike. this is what i call a footballing nation.

fast forwarding to last yr 2011, i went to the stadium (HSC) to watch ah cup semifinal double header, joe public vs calidonia AIA, and defense force vs W. connection. it was right after carnival so there were still visitors on the island, and lemme tell allyuh, it was ghost town, the only thing was missing was the big rolls of hay blowing round, but the place was as desolate as a desert.

if the stadium had 500 ppl it would've been a lot. now could you imagine an FA cup semifinal @ wembly attracting only 10,000 ppl ?? :o :o  now that would be a travesty of epic proportions, now wouldn't it. and these ppl in T&T want tuh call themselves a football nation, don't make me laugh!

i guess it's bc of that "FLUKE" yes i said it! the "FLUKE" of a World cup that gave them illusions of grandeur! how could you claim footballing nation status when your only yute development program is the SSFL, ah seasonal school league that last only three months? please,  don't make me laugh.

how could these ppl seriously call this a footballing nation when they've been without a pro league until recently, and the one they have is run like a corner parlor ? a pro league with very little sponsors and incentives, one that go on long arse breaks, and sometimes could be out of action between games two weeks @ a time, how could this be a pro league when there are no home team grounds for teams to attract a neighborhood/ area fan base, no team sport shops, and no spectatorship, a league where most of the teams play @ snail pace and players lack basic skills, like trapping, passin and simple fitness, and no one is phased or have any plans of changing this? and they want to be recognize as a footballing nation. don't make me laugh

How could you be a footballing nation when you don't have one solitary youth academy?? not one! when places who take football seriously have them dime a dozen! the youth can't trapp, pass or kick a ball properly, these things are basics, and is learned @ a tender age so it becomes 2nd nature., how could we be a footballing nation under these circumstances.  don't make me laugh!

last but not least. how could we allow ah few ppl to over run our football for sooooo long! man get rich, and his pardners in crime were well on their way tuh getting rich. these men trample on football and made a killing, while doing zilch for football, and we the ppl just stood idly by and allow this, and we want tuh call ourselves a footballing nation.

well ppl in footballing nations, folks who live for football don't stand by and watch vultures eat away @ the core of their football, NO WAY! they stand up, they protest, they bring ppl to account, they let their voices be heard!

not once , we as ah ppl who claim to love football, even us here in the SWO stood up and be counted! we talk, we run we mout, we even pecong jamaica, while jamiaca is doing more than us for their football, but other than that we do nothing but "talk", about our displeasure, about the federation, about jack, about anil, about all who we could put we mouth on,

but who here ever said enough is enough and meant it, with the intentions of making our voices be heard.

who am i kidding, these ppl won't even stand up for their players being attacked by a bunch of spanish in their own home turf, let alone stand up against football injustices from their own ppl, so don't make me laugh! bc we eh have shyte to do with football!

i just want allyuh tuh understand what a footballing nation look like, and tuh let allyuh know that we eh no footballing nation! as FF said the other day, "we're just a nation that like to watch pretty football" and not necessarily a footballing nation.  so don't make me laugh!

fack a petition, we need to mobilize!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:24:59 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Don't make me laugh!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »
totally agree ...... we doh have any kina passion towards sports ....... the only exception is semifinals and up in t-20, its a joke the HSC has not been filled forever, the las time it was full was 06 qualifying and that was only after we beat Guatemala. If our national team cant sell out a stadium wat chance does a club side have ? Everything football related hadda change in TNT

Offline Hebaldo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »
totally agree ...... we doh have any kina passion towards sports ....... the only exception is semifinals and up in t-20, its a joke the HSC has not been filled forever, the las time it was full was 06 qualifying and that was only after we beat Guatemala. If our national team cant sell out a stadium wat chance does a club side have ? Everything football related hadda change in TNT
It wouldn't change just so though and it probably not gonna change because is the mentality of the people not to back their country unless they winning or close to qualifying for a competition or something. Thats the harsh reality of TNT my friend

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:43:10 PM »
Well it's definitely not going to change on it's own, so we the ppl with the insight and knowledge have to fix it.  before there was football, ppl the world over did not behave like this, so my conclusion, it's ah learned trait, and we have to educate the babies, forget those who are of age, yuh must bend the tree while it young, so i say, target the young minds.

yuh know, it kinda strike me as if nuff ah allyuh here don't volunteer allyuh time for any kind of good causes, especially where children are involved. i never heard as long as i've been on this site, that someone made ah incling to do something for youth football in T&T, not saying that no one did, it's just that i never saw it.

i think iz high time we start educating our youths about football on the island, start showing them the importance of taking life seriously in every thing they do, whether politics, career, or leisure. it's time to change the way ppl do things on those nonchalant islands.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:13:03 AM »
Look home many people show up on Nov 19

we full up 2 stadium for one game

not to mention the bahrian game, nuff people was there.

The fans are there is just figuring out the puzzle to get them to come out.

nuff people like music

Steve Jobs figured out the IPOD

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »
attached...1 of many discussions, 7 years ago...dang has it been that long already...hmmmnnn ..Not much has changed doh

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=245.msg1098#msg1098

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
ah setta bandwagonists....ask them who was the player to get the first red card in 2006,who rock the cross bar from outside the 18 yd in de sweden game or who was de keeper that save atleast 5 or 6 surety goal.they eh know shit.....now ask them who win road march 10 years ago.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
ah setta bandwagonists....ask them who was the player to get the first red card in 2006,who rock the cross bar from outside the 18 yd in de sweden game or who was de keeper that save atleast 5 or 6 surety goal.they eh know shit.....now ask them who win road march 10 years ago.
That's ah good trivia there capo.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »
That's ah good trivia there capo.
put them ting in history books.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »
Firstly, Malaysia is football crazy.. stadiums always packed for club games; great atmosphere; bombs and flairs all night long; fans throwing their drinks at the opposing teams supporters - all the attributes to be great (lol) and dey ain't good a lil bit. I wanted to establish the contrast that having passion about the game doesn't necessarily constitute a good footballing nation. Having said that, I believe it is the other very important points made that makes a footballing nation. It is the foresight of it's administrators; the support of the public and private sector, The neighborhood stadiums, I'm just regurgitating here so I'll just say all the other stuff mentioned because I feel this rant was on point. Until we in whole and in part decide to put in the work necessary then we have no right to call our-self a footballing nation but rather as suggested a nation that likes watching football.

Good read Author!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »
Just cool ah hear yuh loud and clear  yuh could not have said any better ,  point well made , ah could shake yuh hand right now !!!! this is another worrying thing about football home at the moment... i recall on a visit home not too long ago going to seea game  HC  stadium  it was like a freaking wake ah went to hardly any fans  at the game  .. the faithful few who attended the game  i applaud  them ...  i was real disappointed with the attendance @ the game  . what a shame and we claim we love our football ...... something seriously wrong!! is ah whole set  talk . ......... well jc yuh hit a massive  home run king with yuh observation spot on.....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
That was the best post I've read from JC since he has been posting on this site!

Can't disagree with anything he said there!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>