April 28, 2024, 03:34:13 PM

Author Topic: TTEC cry foul at Pro League fixtures.  (Read 978 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTEC cry foul at Pro League fixtures.
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:24:16 AM »
TTEC cry foul at Pro League fixtures.
By: Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Fate tests debutantes’ resolve

Debutantes, T&TEC, must withstand a searching close season test of endurance if it is to claim its first Trinidad and Tobago Digicel Pro League football crown tomorrow night at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

T&TEC, who is still without silverware despite two Cup final appearances, is desperate to avoid a hattrick of disappointment when the South-based club challenges third-placed Caledonia AIA tomorrow.

But the “Electricity Boys” job is made more difficult by a fixture list that saw them play three games in one week and twice in 72 hours.

“This is ridiculously unfair,” T&TEC head coach Dexter Cyrus told Wired868.com. “I find it very strange that T&TEC has to play in a make-up game and nobody else…

“Why they cannot push the game back so that everyone could be on even keel?”

Caledonia AIA and Defence Force contested the TTFF FA Trophy final on Sunday, just two days after a League fixture on Friday. But Cyrus argued that at least both teams were similarly inconvenienced whereas T&TEC and its Tuesday opponent, Police, are unlikely to be as fresh as their challengers.

The identity of T&TEC's and Police's final opponents added to Cyrus' poor mood.

While T&TEC must shake off weary legs to steal a point from a tricky Caledonia side, W. Connection, who trails T&TEC by two points, faces a Police outfit still recovering from a 6-1 loss on Tuesday.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: TTEC cry foul at Pro League fixtures.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:15:42 AM »
Sometimes you have to play 3 games, you are professionals, get on with it and stop de bitching.

On de flip side, nothing should surprise you when it comes to T&T football.

De pro league is probably de worst run league in the world.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&TEC coach faults League fixtures for runner-up finish
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »
T&TEC coach faults League fixtures for runner-up finish
ttproleague.com

A distraught T&TEC FC head coach Dexter Cyrus had one wish following his team’s 2-3 defeat against Caledonia AIA of Morvant-Laventille in the final match of the Digicel Pro League Championship last month, and that was “not to play back to back matches within a space of three days”.

The defeat saw the ‘Electric Boys’ slipped for a second position finish in the 2011-12 season after needing just a point at the Mannie Ramjohn  Stadium to lift the title on debut, while eventual champions W Connection(40 points) hammered Police FC 8-1 at the Ato Boldon Stadium to overtake T&TEC(39 points) by a point.

“What I wished to do differently was, not to play two games in forty-eight hours,” said a watery-eyed Cyrus at the Mannie Rammjohn Stadium.

“It was an uphill task for the players not to mention the safety, but nevertheless we had to play the game and its official that we are second.”

Two days prior to the Thursday 29 March match-day, T&TEC had to play a rescheduled Round One match against Police FC and registered a healthy 6-1 victory. But it seems the more that comfortable win worked against the ‘Electric Boys’ as the battered Police FC outfit went on to suffer the 8-1 mauling against Connection.

“I thought our guys did as much as they could have done (in the final League match against Caledonia) having played a game on Tuesday,” continued Cyrus.

“I always thought that the end of the game was going to be difficult in the last thirty minutes because of the fact that we played forty-eight hours before, and I’m very disappointed in the League.

But nevertheless we were in the lead and some ‘schoolboy’ mistakes gifted two goals to Caledonia. I thought when (Caledonia) got the equalizer the game changed although we were in total control. I’m still proud of our guys. We actually took the League down to the last game and congratulations to W Connection.”

Although praising the efforts of his charges, Cyrus who has done remarkably well this season despite finishing second in the First Citizens Cup and Toyota Classic knockouts this season and now the League Championship in only his first season in the Trinidad and Tobago top flight league explained that he feels “gutted”.

“I feel disappointed because it’s a situation where we are third time unlucky. We have been to two finals and came second, now we are second in the League. I feel gutted actually,” said the former Trinidad and Tobago international.

The T&TEC coach would have two more shots at lifting silverware this season with the Lucozade Sport Goal Shield (April) and Digicel Pro Bowl (May) knockouts.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »
From reading what Cyrus had to say I am getting the distinct impression that he was conceding defeat even before the game, he went into this game with a negative mind and it obviously rubbed onto the players. Coaches etc have to be careful because your body language, your words, actions  etc sends a message to your players etc. If you are negative they will be negative & likewise if you are upbeat & positive they will be too.
Cyrus also contradicts himself, because he claims that they were in total control of the game (so obviously playing the 2 games in 48 hours was not a factor as he claimed) and that ‘schoolboy’ mistakes gifted two goals to Caledonia, so shouldn't he be addressing the "schoolboy mistakes" instead of griping about playing 2 matches in 48 hours.
In another story he also claimed that if it had been a "Cup match" and a "League match" he wouldn't have a problem but was unhappy that it was 2 League matches, my question to Cyrus, aren't they both football matches, played by the same players.
That being said, from my information, W Connection played 4 matches in 7 days as follows;
Friday 16th March  vs North East Stars which they won 4-1
Sunday 18th March vs Caledonia which they lost 0-1  (FA Semi final)
Tuesday 20th March vs Police which they won 1-0
Friday 23rd March vs T&TEC which they drew 1-1
It should also be noted that for all the afore-mentioned matches W Connection were without their starting players Joevin Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Jomal Williams & Leslie Russell who were on national duty with the Under 23 team & W Connection met T&TEC when they had played 3 tough matches in 5 days & I am yet to hear the W Connection coach complain.
Pray tell me what will Cyrus have to say when he has to play CFU/Concacaf which entails travelling plus the local league matches.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
Cyrus is ah pussy....

Poor excuse, he better wake up because de CFU cup could be challenging to.

And it could be worst if he team go to de Concacaf cup.

These men is professionals, they need to get use to this,

Ince, Marvin, Pacheco, Baptiste, Noreiga, Jayson Joseph, Marcus Joseph and Andre Toussaint is all experience players.

They get they ass buss fair and square.

They did not win the other cups to, so what excuse he coming with then ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
Even should complain tuh CONCACAF too  ;D
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>