March 28, 2024, 11:36:14 AM

Author Topic: Sunil Narine making we proud  (Read 5995 times)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sunil Narine making we proud
« on: April 03, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/current/story/559594.html

De man have de knuckle ball boy. I so glad he playing in India. Between dem Indians and Sri Lankans he playing with and against, he going and learn even more deliveries to confuse people. That's a scary thought. It's been a very long time since ah West Indian Spinner had men groping in de dark like dat.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunil Narine making we proud
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/current/story/559594.html

De man have de knuckle ball boy. I so glad he playing in India. Between dem Indians and Sri Lankans he playing with and against, he going and learn even more deliveries to confuse people. That's a scary thought. It's been a very long time since ah West Indian Spinner had men groping in de dark like dat.

:beermug: :beermug:
whey boy!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 04:05:18 AM »
I think yuh right Savannah Boy,the fact that he is in a position to even learn and appreciate more about the wiles of spin bowling,as we well know that the cricket on the sub-continent was based on spin bowling for years and they still depend on that.Narine could learn somuch from his coach and team mates.Since Ramadin there has never been a spinner from the Caribbean that made batsmen "grope in the dark"like Narine has done,we have to remember that he is still in-experienced at this level,in a couple years time he could be very important for Windies cricket,like Warne was for Australia,Kumble for India and Quadir for Pakistan.Let the boy get some dosh first and then give yuh best for Windies and TT.

Offline eyezahspy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »
I watching the game and i eh see Narine in the line up :o

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 12:58:11 AM »

De man in India boy, you looking for de Dave Jenny Award or what?  ???

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 08:17:27 AM »

De man in India boy, you looking for de Dave Jenny Award or what?  ???

he missed the first game of the IPL..pretty sure that is what he was talking about..
Hasn't been too impressive so far in the IPl though. Hoping he improves.
Big win for Bravo and his team against Gayle today..chased down 205.
Back in Trini...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »
Scene...NYtriniwhiteboy. Ah hope so.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:37:31 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 08:32:31 AM »
Kings XI Punjab 134 for 9 (Mandeep Singh 38, Narine 5-19 ) beat Kolkata Knight Riders 132 for 7 (Das 35, Chawla 3-18) by 2 runs
Scorecard and ball-by-ball details

A triple strike from Piyush Chawla in the middle of the Knight Riders innings and last over heroics from Harmeet Singh brought Kings XI back from the dead to beat their hosts in unlikely fashion. After posting a below par 134 and allowing Knight Riders to canter to 71 for 2 at the halfway stage of the chase, Kings XI relied on a spectacular effort from their legspinner to negate Sunil Narine's jaw-dropping 5 for 19.

Narine's strangling efforts and Rajat Bhatia and Shakib al Hasan's supporting efforts kept the lid on Kings XI. Knight Riders were favoured to chase down a moderate target after Gautam Gambhir started with a speedy 22 and Manvinder Bisla and Manoj Tiwary steered the reply with a stand of 43. But, the home side unravelled after Chawla removed three of their key batsmen, Bisla, Yusuf Pathan and Shakib. Debrabata Das threatened to take the match to its expected conclusion with his aggressive innings but a slew of legbreaks from Harmeet ensured Kings XI defended what seemed hard to defend at one stage.

Bowling   O   M   R   W   Econ         
SP Narine   4   0   19   5   4.75   (1w)   

2.5 to Gilchrist, Narine has struck in his first over, Gilchrist grimaces as soon as he realises he has top-edged the attempted swing over midwicket, the off break from Narine did not turn much, it bounced just around off, and Gilchrist ended up hitting it straight and high, cover settled under it 16/1

4.2 to Marsh, he's gone through Marsh, another huge blow from Narine, it is the one that turns in to the left-hander, call it the knuckle ball or flicked ball or whatever, tossed up around middle and off, draws him forward, he pushes at the original line, but it spins back in to go through the gate 21/2

17.5 to Bipul Sharma, they keep falling, Narine gets another one, big turning offspinner again, tossed up on a length outside leg stump, and spits across him as he pushes forward, a thin edge to the keeper and he walks back immediately 104/7

17.6 to Kumar, PK is gone first ball, it was the flicked delivery that turns away from the right-hander, tossed up back of a length on middle, straightening and bouncing, PK had no clue about it and pushed inside the line to lose his bails 104/8

19.4 to Harmeet Singh, that has to be one of the most bizarre dismissals, Harmeet has walked outside off, and scooped Narine into the keeper's gloves, Narine has five, he has been nearly unplayable today 128/9
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 04:21:55 PM »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 11:22:29 PM »
All that for his side to lose the match. Like he need to come and bat at number 6 or 7.  :D

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »

Ah think he pick up some tips from the Aussies dem when he went there to correct his bowling action.  Definitely could have used him in this series, and especially on an Oval pitch offering spin.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »
took 2 against KIXP today..
Really want to see him play tests against quality opposition. He isn't a big turner but the variations are so hard to pick. May not necessarily take many wickets as he is not very attacking with his spin but he wud certainly keep a batsman under pressure and less patient ones will get themselves out against him
Back in Trini...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »
took 2 against KIXP today..
Really want to see him play tests against quality opposition. He isn't a big turner but the variations are so hard to pick. May not necessarily take many wickets as he is not very attacking with his spin but he wud certainly keep a batsman under pressure and less patient ones will get themselves out against him
Very good observation mate,many people think that he will take wickets like mad but you sum it well.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 01:29:39 PM »
I dont think that its right for India to have the IPL clash with tests,it may work out right for some of the older players like Gilchrist and some others but we have badly missed Russell,Samuels,Pollard,Bravo,Gayle and Narine.Who can stop a man from earning a living especially with the kind of money at stake,I wouldn't.There is no room for sentimentality when your future could be sorted out with 2 IPL visits,ask Gayle.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:27:32 PM by Savannah boy »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 02:50:37 AM »
still dont see anything really different there. As I said he seems very good but still hasn't played that many internationals. And as I said I think he will be successful especially in the shorter formats
Back in Trini...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »
Michael Hussey aptly described Narine’s absence from the West Indies’ squad when he said, “Personally I was pretty happy that he's gone over to the IPL. I, and all the guys, found him a huge challenge in the one-day series. It did take me a good two or three games to get used to his action, his deliveries and what he was trying to do with the ball. I think it's a bit of a win for our team that he's not here."

Ah go take Hussey word before yours especially since yuh say he seems very good...

If de WICB doh mess up, dis boy have a real chance at doing something special. He better than Harold Joseph, Dinas, Dhanraj, Nanan and anybody else T&T has offered up in de last 30 years. De fact is he go be even more dangerous bowling in de rough on Day 4 and 5 of a Test instead of on dem fresh T20 and One Day Pitches.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:02:41 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
Ah confused, does de IPL continue into de England tour?  Just saw de squad for england and confused why de yute not part of it unless is dis stupid IPL business.

edit: ah jus see de IPL ends before the 50 and 20/20 matches on de england tour start, ok

On dat note, culd you imagine de UEFA champions league clashing wid international matches?  ICC has to sort dis out somehow
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:56:42 AM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 08:10:30 AM »
lol so becuz i say he "seems" very good it makes what i saying different? I think he is going to be very useful for the Windies. You make it sound like i say de man is shit. Realize now by putting "seems" in front made it look like I am not impressed, which could not be further from the truth.  But i again maintain seeing him in test match situations is different to a t20 or ODI. He stifles batsmen very well, in tests players can choose to see out the over against him without pushing for runs
I still want to see him play more good opposition especially in tests. You think he would be that successful in England? In the subcontinent and Windies yes, the pitches aid him. Every commentator has said the same as i have in that he doesn't turn the ball big. The little variations are so hard to pick and i am hoping they never figure him out. But it is sadly quite possible they will. Exposure in the IPL will mean more people get the chance to play against him. So far they haven't seemed to though

I don't understand your thoughts on him possibly being amazing on 4th and 5th days of tests. That is when you want a big turner of the ball to keep batsmen second guessing. Personally I don't think he would be greatly aided by the rough. His strength as everyone has said is variations. The added turn will be a bonus but don't think it will be the reason for him being any more successful. If he pitches it jus on the offstump and the batsmen doesnt know which way it is gonna turn he is gonna get LBWs and fine edges hopefully.
What I wonder is if in tests he can be a strike bowler or just a pressure bowler. That will only be seen in time. I don't like to judge any of our bowlers based on regional 4 day performances because the standard of batting is so poor.

Back in Trini...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »
The Turbinator is not a big turner of the ball but he is a handful in the rough. Containing the batsmen and beating them on a frequent basis is two different thing. Bowling in de rough causes problems with high and low bounce, not turn. Of course having de rough on a turning wicket is double the hazard. The spinner with the most variety in the world is Ajantha Mendis and he is not a big turner of the ball. Batsmen jes very, very uncomfortable facing him.  He comes up with new deliveries that have never been seen before and he beats batsmen very often. Sometimes de ball playing de bat to tell yuh de truth. He has injury issues though. A good spinner beats the bat which includes a lot of defections, bat pad etc. not jes containment. A few bat pad deflections is not exactly a sign that a batsman is playing spin with confidence.  I rather face a fast bowler first ball up than a spinner on song with men round de bat. In Narine case, dey cyah figure him out.  Sunil Narine's has some variations that occur at the back of the wrist in view of a camera to his back but unfortunately for the batsmen dey cyah see de back of he hand and this makes him hard to read. He is a true mystery spinner. Let's jes hope for the best. He was our best West Indian domestic bowler stat wise before he went to the IPL and he may still be the top wicket taker. Another thing is de IPL doh jes auction for anybody. Dey see something in de man. Is de Indian batsman self dat was encouraging de League to take a chance on Sunil and they did. I jes doh want de WICB to waste him down. I want him to go and play in Sri Lanka because that is where all these new spinning deliveries are coming from now.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/engine/current/match/548353.html

Man of the match. 13 runs only with four by edge through 2nd slip. All these games, I keep waiting for him to have a bad day but not yet.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »
Narine again cleaning up for all d SHIT overrated Pathan bowling.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 12:34:36 PM »
This guy is a genius. Hope he keeps it up.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »
did well today..2 wickets, but he jus slows the scoring so much, really is a huge advantage for his team.
McCullum was talking about keeping wicket to Narine saying that he is just happy when he catches the ball cuz he can't pick the turn either. That's a pretty good sign i wud say since he been playing every match with him and would practice with him and still doesn't know. Also mentioned that in batting to him he thought he was reading him well and then Narine would run in to bowl with his hands behind his back and he he was back to square one
Back in Trini...

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 01:05:28 PM »
http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricket-articles/IPL-2012-Sunil-Narine-going-through-a-honeymoon-period-says-Mahela-Jayawardene/14284

Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene termed mystery spinner Sunil Narine as an "exciting prospect who is going through a honeymoon period."
Jayawardene, who has seen the emergence of Ajantha Mendis as a "mystery spinner" and then turning out to be a cannon fodder for international batsman feels that with passage of time, his bowling would be analysed more and more.
"The contest with Narine will be exciting tomorrow. He is going through a honeymoon period. But more and more he plays, batsmen will start analysing him and then it will be his real test. The key will be whether he is improving as a bowler from what he is right now," Jayawardene said on the eve of Delhi Daredevils' match against Kolkata Knight Riders.

Narine is a mystery spinner but believe these analysts taking notes and trying to break him down....Narine seems to be the type of guy who will keep them guessing for a long time based on the fact that he is continually improving.  It's just amazing watching him do what he is doing and making big batsmen look like schoolboys.  Keep it up Sunil!
whey boy!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »
http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricket-articles/IPL-2012-Sunil-Narine-going-through-a-honeymoon-period-says-Mahela-Jayawardene/14284

Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene termed mystery spinner Sunil Narine as an "exciting prospect who is going through a honeymoon period."
Jayawardene, who has seen the emergence of Ajantha Mendis as a "mystery spinner" and then turning out to be a cannon fodder for international batsman feels that with passage of time, his bowling would be analysed more and more.
"The contest with Narine will be exciting tomorrow. He is going through a honeymoon period. But more and more he plays, batsmen will start analysing him and then it will be his real test. The key will be whether he is improving as a bowler from what he is right now," Jayawardene said on the eve of Delhi Daredevils' match against Kolkata Knight Riders.

Narine is a mystery spinner but believe these analysts taking notes and trying to break him down....Narine seems to be the type of guy who will keep them guessing for a long time based on the fact that he is continually improving.  It's just amazing watching him do what he is doing and making big batsmen look like schoolboys.  Keep it up Sunil!

De report for the Kolkata vs. Mumbai match say that if Tendullkar couldn't figure him out, the rest of the batsmen had little chance.  Boy, I hope he could keep evolving and keep being the mystery that he is now. WI selectors, allyuh watching?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:49:40 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »

De report for the Kolkata vs. Mumbai match say that if Tendullkar couldn't figure him out, the rest of the batsmen had little chance.  Boy, I hope he could keep evolving and keep being the mystery that he is now. WI selectors, allyuh watching?

The man bamboozled them in the IPL last year.
Took more than 30 wkts in three FC matches for TT in the WI.
And had the Aussies grateful that he went back to the IPL.

We still wondering about him?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »
I agree VB. Why dis man not on de Test Team?

Look de report here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/current/story/564984.html

See de commentary at de end: http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/engine/match/548370.html?innings=2;page=1;view=commentary

Delivery to Tendulkar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lc6Oy0kLE4
Sunil Narine drop a F Bomb right after...LOL.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:09:10 PM by Savannah boy »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 05:05:48 AM »
had a nice clip with Akram showing how Narine spins the ball totally different to anyone else.
hopefully he will be here in the UK for the ODI series. By then the pitches should be a little friendlier to spin as with the weather right now it is a swing bowlers heaven
Back in Trini...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »
I think the people in charge of Windies cricket let Narine slip through the net by not awarding him a Retainer Contract in 2010 they new enough about him,I dont know all the players who got contracts but Narine should have got one.He was free to do as he like so he went to the IPL and you really cant blame him.There is no doubt that Narine would be playing T/20 cricket in SL,Australia,SA,Bangladesh,England and NZ,he may have a big problem in the future.

1]; } ?>