March 28, 2024, 08:34:23 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Edwards Thread  (Read 34103 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Carlos Edwards Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2016, 02:52:18 AM »
Carlos suffers injury setback.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Midfielder Carlos Edwards has been sidelined with a hamstring injury which he sustained in Millwall’s 2-1 defeat to Barnsley earlier this month.

Edwards, just back following a lengthy lay off following surgery, was forced to leave the game in the 68th minute.Club manager Neil Harris said Edwards’ absence at right back would not affect the club’s transfer plans.

“Carlos is definitely going to be out for a period of time, he’s pulled his hamstring. He’s going to be out for a number of weeks,” Harris said. “But we won’t be looking to bring anybody in.”

Edwards recently signed an extension to his contract that will keep him at the club until the end of the season. “They say hard work pays off and the contract extension was something the club and I were working towards for some time.The club has kept its promise and now I'm looking to help Millwall back to the Championship,’ Edwards stated.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Millwall ace Carlos Edwards isn't on his knees just yet
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »
Millwall ace Carlos Edwards isn't on his knees just yet
By Toby Porter (South London Press)

HIS knees are a mass of scars, not all of them from football.

But Carlos Edwards doesn’t mind, because he is still playing at the age of 37.

“By the time I am finished I won’t have anything left - I will be walking on my knees,” he joked.

He had to leave the field after a crunching tackle in Saturday’s 3-0 win over Blackpool.

The defender has cruciate knee ligament surgery scars on each knee and marks from a lateral ligament operation on one. There are also ones from when he served in the army in Trinidad, before his football career took off. And there is a scar from an injury sustained in a playground, aged seven.

“The scars from the stitches are much bigger than my football ones,” he said. “I think they must have used laces to sew me up.”

He has twice been out through left hamstring injuries this season, for three weeks from mid-November and from the 2-1 defeat at Barnsley in January, until last weekend.

“It was a hip issue,” Edwards revealed. “Our physio Bobby Bacic had a few tests done and they showed my left side was a bit weak, which happens. The first time, it was like a pull then it turned into a tear. My muscles are deteriorating a bit now.

“The pitch at Barnsley was awful. And their winger, Adam Hammill, was quick - he reminded me of me when I was 20.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why Millwall ace Carlos Edwards is so vital for the run-in
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2016, 07:01:58 PM »
Why Millwall ace Carlos Edwards is so vital for the run-in

Carlos Edwards might be known as the Fossil, but he’s more like a dad to many of Millwall’s players.

And the 37-year-old’s experience will be vital in the League One run-in for the youngsters in Neil Harris’ side like Ben Thompson, Mahlon Romeo, Jordan Archer and Jed Wallace.

As the Lions go into the last 11 games of their campaign, Edwards said: “We have come so far in a short time and we have a great opportunity.

“We need to keep our focus. I can’t wait for the games to come. We need to be our brother’s keepers and look after each other.

“We have to continue to work on the little faults - to improve a bit more in certain areas; and to take one step at a time.

“Don’t study what anyone else is doing - that is the least of our worries. The teams around us need to do what they need to do - and we need to do what we need to do.

“As we come to the last games, we might need teams to do certain things. But at the moment, it is in our hands, especially as we have games against the teams around us.

“It is not going to be easy. We will be playing clubs who want to be in the play-offs like us and others who are trying to escape relegation.

“But we are thinking about 2013-14, where we had eight games to save our season and we made it. Only this time, we have 11 games to get promoted.

“Automatic promotion is not even on our minds. We will just tick the games off and see where we end up on May 2.”

Edwards was back in the team on Saturday, at left-back, as a result of Joe Martin’s suspension for a 10th booking.

“The gaffer had a word with me on Thursday and with Mahlon Romeo and Shane Ferguson doing really well, he didn’t want to shuffle the team too much,” said Edwards. “I told him I was up for the challenge.

“No one wants to be sat back with their feet up for the rest of the season. I was really happy he thought fit to put me in.

“It is different playing on the left, but not that different. The last time I played there was for about 10 minutes in the 1-0 win over Bournemouth on the last day of 2013-14.

“A professional should be able to play any position. You might not want to put a keeper as a striker - thought Jordan Archer might like to try. But if called upon, you should be able to do a job.

“The manager knows my defensive qualities. Crossing with my left foot is getting there - though I have to take the whole of the warm-up to crank it up.

“And I know I can find strikers or midfielders in the box if they are there.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2016, 12:02:53 AM »
Timely post.

Keep the battle alive 'los. Yuh cyah call it quits before Marvin.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:05:54 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2016, 12:04:26 PM »
Timely post.

Keep the battle alive 'los. Yuh cyah call it quits before Marvin.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2016, 05:28:41 AM »
Millwall ace Edwards: "We should welcome competition from young players coming through"

The challenge from young Millwall players should be welcomed by those whose places they are trying to take.

That’s the stance of Lions right-back Carlos Edwards, who faces a tough task to win back his right-back berth with the form of Mahlon Romeo.

“That is the joy of it,” said the defender. “You don’t want me turning up every week with a cigar, assuming I will start every game. You want players to be kicking at your heels, trying to take their chance.

“Shaun Cummings was injured and so was I - and fair play to Mahlon, he took the opportunity. He did great - and long may that continue. I will encourage him as much as I can, because he is the future. I can only do what is best for the club. To drag him out now, with the confidence he’s got, might just kill him.”

Romeo has acknowledged he has taken advice from Edwards.

“I said to him not to over-do it too much,” said the veteran. “He needs to keep his form but take that little bit of constructive criticism. He has faults, like every player - but he can turn it into a positive. Then he can build himself into the player he knows he can become.

“Mahlon has got the ingredients. The gaffer and his team-mates can show him the recipe - but he needs to cook it himself.

“He can go forward and express himself. Because once he is enjoying himself, you know you are having a good game.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos Edwards: Brilliant Beenhakker inspired Trinidad and Tobago’s 2006 dream
FIFA.com

“There are some things in your life you know you’ll never forget. That World Cup, the whole journey, is one of those for me. And I must say, it doesn’t feel like ten years ago. It’s all still so fresh.”

Carlos Edwards, now 37 and still playing for Millwall, is speaking from his English home, and the excited chattering of his young daughters ebbs and flows in the background. But with 2006 the subject of our conversation, his mind is soon wandering, transporting him to Port of Spain, then Riffa and on to Dortmund, Nuremberg and Kaiserslautern.

That was the journey, etched forever in his mind, which saw Trinidad and Tobago participate in the FIFA World Cup™ for the first and, to date, only time. They were - and remain - the smallest country ever to have graced the tournament. But while the experience still conjures up images of bliss – “the whole thing was so, so fantastic”, he says – Edwards recalls that the path to Germany did not run smooth.

“Things were going badly,” he told FIFA.com. “We had one point from three games and looked to be heading out once again. But then, fortunately for us, the federation made a decision that changed everything.”

That decision, with T&T winless and having been hammered 5-1 by Guatemala, was to recruit charismatic Dutchman Leo Beenhakker as coach. For Edwards, that appointment dwarfed in significance everything that happened before and after.

“Without Mr Beenhakker, there’s no way we would have made it to that World Cup,” he said simply. “I remember when they first mentioned his name, I didn’t have a clue who he was. But then I saw the calibre of teams he’d coached and immediately thought, ‘Ok, we’re in safe hands here’. And that’s the way it proved. For me, he had the whole package as a coach. It was a privilege to play under him. He made all the difference.”

With the vastly experienced former Ajax, Real Madrid and Netherlands coach at the helm, the Soca Warriors scraped through to an intercontinental play-off, beating Mexico on the final day of CONCACAF qualifying to set up a two-legged meeting with Bahrain. Again though, they took the tough route to success, drawing 1-1 at home in the first leg to seemingly surrender the initiative.

“We didn’t perform to the best of our abilities - maybe nerves kicked in,” recalled Edwards. “But Bahrain looked to be playing for a 0-0 draw in the second leg and that helped us. Big Dennis Lawrence popped up with the only goal and that was it: we were through. When the final whistle went though, I honestly didn’t even know how to celebrate. That’s how shell-shocked I was. I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry, jump... I had no idea. At the time, it just felt like someone would tell you it was all a dream.”

Holding their own
Plenty predicted a brutal awakening when Beenhakker’s side arrived at the World Cup itself, with group rivals England, Paraguay and Sweden all licking their lips in anticipation. But while circumstances conspired against Soca Warriors in their opener again the Swedes – with goalkeeper Kelvin Jack injured in the warm-up and Avery John sent off in the first minute of the second half – they battled to a historic 0-0 draw.

“That was all credit to Mr Beenhakker too,” Edwards recalled. “In his training, he always said, ‘My preference is for players to train for two positions because you never know what can happen during a game.’ Sure enough, we got a red card, and at that moment I immediately knew to slot back from midfield to full-back. I did ok there and, for that, I give credit to the coach because he prepared me very well for that eventuality.

“After that Sweden game, I could have happily packed my bags and gone home. I really felt we’d made a mark at the World Cup after that. We knew very well that a lot of people expected us to go to Germany and get hammered. But we showed that it wasn’t by fluke that we had qualified.

“We were unlucky to lose the games that came after that as we played pretty well. But honestly, I wouldn’t change that World Cup for anything. I’ve been lucky and had a good career but that’s the highlight without any shadow of a doubt.”

Road to Russia
Edwards’ great hope is that the same uniquely satisfying experience can now be sampled by another generation of T&T players. He is hopeful that this will be sooner rather than later, too, with the Soca Warriors’ class of 2016 unbeaten and three points clear of USA in their Round 4 section of Russia 2018 qualifiers.

“I think this team have what it takes to qualify,” he said. “They have a great manager (Stephen Hart), just as we had in 06, and I can see real progress there. “

Edwards played every minute of the team’s campaign at Germany 2006 but, at 37, has no expectation of being involved again in two years time. Nonetheless, with experience of 86 competitive internationals, and having distinguished himself in England with the likes of Sunderland and Ipswich Town, he’s happy to remain on call.

“I think my time has passed to be honest, but if the manager needs me I’m always available,” said the Millwall veteran. “I don’t think I’ll be needed, the lads there are doing a really good job. But if he thinks I can help at any stage, I would never say no to my country. I’d be willing to help in any way possible.

“I’ve just started my coaching badges, so I’m already looking towards the next stage of my career. But I still feel good, still enjoy my football and hopefully I’ll still be playing for another couple of years. If not, I know I’ll be able to say that I gave it a real go and walk away with a lot of great memories.”

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Respeck to de Rolls Royce  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2016, 10:55:42 AM »
Millwall ace Edwards knows he will have to battle for a first ever game at Wembley

THE prize at stake tomorrow for Carlos Edwards might surprise a few people.

The Millwall right-back, 37, dubbed the Relic by his younger team-mates, has never played at Wembley.

That may come as a surprise to those who have seen him play in the Premier League with Ipswich and Sunderland.

World Cup veteran Edwards has, though, played in front of 110,000 at the Azteca Stadium, Mexico City, in a qualifier for the 2006 tournament - where he played against England, Sweden and Paraguay in Germany.

“That was crazy,” he said. “People in the stands at the Azteca were like ants. Bradford was like a Sunday League game in comparison.”

He did play in the LDV Vans Trophy final, winning with Wrexham against Southend. But that was at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

“I have been in the crowd at Wembley, sat there watching,” he said. “But I have never played.

“We want it so bad, we would chew someone’s hand off to get there.”

Edwards played for the first time in two months in the 3-1 play-off semi-final first-leg victory at Bradford on Sunday, standing in for the suspended Mahlon Romeo.

“It was a tough encounter but I have recovered and my body feels fine,” said the defender, wearing a T-shirt saying ‘I destroy myself so you can’t’. “I will have to take it easy with the game coming quickly after Sunday.

“I have been staying home and the missus and my kids know to leave me alone.

“The gaffer has looked after me, especially early in the season when we were playing three times a week. I took myself out of certain things but I would not take the mickey.”

He drove himself to an U21 game last week to prepare - against former club Ipswich, where Mick McCarthy let him go.

“There is no bad blood between us,” said Edwards. “I know a manager has to do what is best for the club at the time. I have no grudge against any manager who lets a player go.

“I never had a disagreement with Roy Keane where I had to justify anything in front of other players or exchange words, either. If I had an issue, I would see him in the office.

“Sometimes, there is no point in trying to agree with a manager, because you might win the battle, but you will never win the war.”

Edwards is succinct about how the Lions must approach tonight’s clash with Bradford.

“We approach every single game the same way, from the first to the last,” he said. “We focus on the task, work hard, be entertaining and put in a Millwall performance. That means being aggressive and fair.

“We cannot do anything silly which might get us sent off. We have to be patient and enjoy it. We know if we can get on top, with the crowd behind us, they can give us that bit extra. As players, we need to bring the crowd onto the pitch as a 12th man.

“We know our little rebels will be backing us regardless. We will be like that movie 300.

“Bradford will try to intimidate us and ruffle our feathers. But we are big enough to withstand whatever they want to throw at us. And we have a squad good enough to challenge anyone in this division.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2016, 05:01:11 PM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2016, 07:43:24 AM »
The Rolls Royce returns, how he will function on TT roads is left to be seen. All the best Carlos.
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,234109.html

add: this is the type of returns (KJ etc)we need for our game to improve, they can help teach
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:45:17 AM by maxg »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »
while Kevin Jeffrey will serve as manager, having left Central FC during the off-season.

HMM..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2016, 09:54:32 AM »
Bankers Insurance offers HOPE to TT’s Youths
T&T Newsday Reports.

OLYMPIC BOXER Nigel Paul and former Soca Warriors Carlos Edwards has provided HOPE for Primary School students. This is done through a programme called HOPE (Helping Our Pupils Excel) which is sponsored by Bankers Insurance Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited.

Bankers Insurance saw the need to spread awareness to the nation’s youths and have decided to embark on this through the HOPE Programme.

“There is a missing gap in some of the nation’s Primary Schools,” said Managing Director Vance Gabriel. “We saw a need to introduce sports to the schools as a form of discipline and motivation for kids.” This programme introduces basic sporting skills, which is conducted on the school grounds. It is also used as an avenue to educate the pupils on topics such as violence in schools, road safety, exercise and diet etcetra.

“I am from Enterprise and I want to show these kids that there is a life away from poverty and crime,” said Brand Ambassador Paul. “One of the schools we visit weekly is my primary school, Enterprise Government Primary School. thanks to Bankers Insurance I now have an opportunity to give back to my alma mater.” This programme is conducted throughout each school term in which six to eight schools are selected.

This term schools based in central are targeted.

School visits are scheduled around the available times of both Paul and Edwards to facilitate their ongoing boxing and football training respectively.

This project is well received by the school’s principals, teachers, parents and students.

“I believe HOPE can make a difference, the kids have so much fun training, and hearing about our stories and they are motivated to try harder and most importantly they now have HOPE,” said Edwards.

Bankers Insurance hopes that through this programme they can make a positive change on the nation’s youth.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2016, 05:54:19 PM »
WATCH: Carlos Edwards talks about his career and the possibility of returning to the Soca Warriors

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wyVRIRna_tQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wyVRIRna_tQ</a>

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2016, 04:56:53 AM »
De ROLLS ROYCEE BOIIII ahhhhhaaaaaaiiii... insay invite him to train and see how he performs! Some experience is needed on the team.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2016, 10:32:50 PM »
De ROLLS ROYCEE BOIIII ahhhhhaaaaaaiiii... insay invite him to train and see how he performs! Some experience is needed on the team.

You know I was thinking the SAME DAMN TING all this week.

No reason why he can't train and take it from there.

Even at his age, I sure he could outrun 90 percent of the TT players.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »
Edwards surprised but ready to serve in T&T colours again
TTFA Media

Returning Trinidad and Tobago international Carlos Edwards says that his recall to the national senior men’s team by head coach Tom Saintfiet came as a surprise to him last week.

The 38-year-old former Defence Force, Wrexham and Sunderland midfielder was speaking after his first three sessions under Saintfiet with the current training squad which he has described as solid but enjoyable as the team continues its preparations for the two upcoming international friendlies against Nicaragua with daily sessions at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

Regarding the call up, Edwards told TTFA Media: “It came as a surprise. But in saying that a lot of people were saying that I should make a return but I was just keeping focused on supporting Ross (Russell) with Ma Pau Stars in the Pro League. Fortunately with the performances that I had, I think my selection was granted. I am happy to be back and amongst the guys… a lot of young guys but at the same time with a lot of skill and talent, so with my experience hopefully I can encourage the guys to fulfil their potential.”

He spoke about Saintfiet’s approach so far. saying: “Very positive so far. He has his different style and methods. He wants a full, fit squad and he wants everyone to be ready. He’s gone about it in the last couple of the days in the right way, getting to know the players, getting to see who can stand up to the strain and the pressure. The guys I think are enjoying the training right now and hopefully from that only positive things can happen.”

Edwards last played for T&T in a friendly at home against Jamaica in 2013. He later suffered a series knee injury while playing for Millwall which sidelined him for just around a year, with significant knee ligament disruption, involving the cruciate and lateral ligaments.

Edwards racked up more than 500 appearances in a career that has seen him run out for clubs including Wrexham, Sunderland and Ipswich Town. He returned from injury this year to help Millwall to within a whisker of gaining promotion to the English Championship, losing 3-1 to Barnsley in the playoff final at Wembley in May.

But having returned home to join Ma Pau Stars in the T&T Pro League alongside fellow former UK-based strike Jason Scotland, the former soldier began to show worth again.

“I never had second thoughts about the call when it came. I’ve always said that it’s a privilege to play for your country. Yes I haven’t played with the team for quite a long time but this time it’s nothing different. Yes a lot of people may look at my age but at the same time I am enjoying my football still. I still feel good and I feel I can still contribute something to the team and to the country. Only time will tell how things goes. It was never a second thought for me to return to the national team,” Edwards said.

He hopes to play his part in helping the team move on towards the CONCACAF Gold Cup and Russia 2018 World Cup qualification.

“I think we like to do it the hard way but it’s attainable.. It’s a new management. new coach, everyone will have their different style. I think he (Saintfiet) has his style of how he wants the team to play. The guys to mesh together, to pull in one direction and I don;t see why we can’t actually start putting points on the board and climbing up the table and hopefully come 2018 the guys can be going to Russia.

And he believes the two friendlies against Nicaragua in Managua on December 27th and 30th will play a key part in the team’s readiness for the Gold Cup playoff matches versus Suriname and Haiti at the Ato Boldon Stadium on January 4 and 8th

“In any game leading up to the qualifiers, regardless of who we play, you have to take the opponents very seriously. The guys have to put their feet down, It’s challenge because everyone wants be knocking on that door to be selected for the team for the qualifiers. You always want to win games and I think these two games come at a good time. We will go to Nicaragua and hopefully we can get to positive results in the two games,” Edwards said.

Goalkeeper Coach joins Squad

Also joining the squad on Saturday at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium was German-born goalkeeper coach Lukas Wojciak. He came in on Friday night and will join the staff instead of the previously mentioned Jo Stock, a late selection change made by Saintfiet. Wojciak also works as a goalkeeper coach with German Pro team Alemania Aachen and previously worked with VBF Oldenburg. He hold a UEFA “B” Coaching license  and UEFA “B” Goalkeeping Coaching License. He had his first session on Saturday morning with goalkeepers Marvin Phillip, Jan Michael Williams, Adrian Foncette and Glenroy Samuel.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HtTY4SUAQnY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HtTY4SUAQnY</a>
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 06:11:58 PM by Tallman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
Bruce Arena on DaMarcus Beasley:

“He’s a player we’ve invited into camp," Arena said of Beasley, who came out of international retirement to play in the 2015 Concacaf Cup and is an MLS free agent. "We have a shortage at left back. DaMarcus, still at his age, he’s still a reliable, steady left back. We need to look at him and see where he is right now and still consider him as an option on our depth chart.”

Source: Soccer America.

Beasley is 34.5 years old.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:54:58 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2016, 12:03:45 PM »

Carlos Edwards is 38.5 years old

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2016, 12:12:03 PM »

Roger Miller was 41.5 years old...😈
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2016, 12:15:42 PM »

Carlos Edwards is no Roger Milla

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2016, 01:07:13 PM »

Carlos Edwards is no Roger Milla

Zabaleta is 31.9 and suffering. But he wouldn't suffer in CONCACAF.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:11:11 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2016, 02:03:11 PM »
Reality is that League One is still a better or similar standard to where most of the team playing. And Carlos was still playing a role at that level recently. He probably have a place somewhere for lack of better options. Especially how we lacking at right back.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2016, 02:09:55 PM »
You might as well bring back latas.. if Whitley done with the taxi business, you could rope him in...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2016, 02:19:10 PM »
Ah wonder if Marvin Olvier could get a bligh?

Hardest still playin in passa passa league?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

No harm in having a veteran on the squad who been there done that.
Doh bound to start but could be some help in training.

But if he looking better than the others in training and get a run out in the warm ups well use him as needed. He sure not keeping any up and coming talented person off the squad.

He is from a generation where we had a heap of players in the premier league...now we have zero.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2016, 05:58:20 PM »

Hardest limin and enjoying life... an outta shape hardest could still dribble a football better than most of that Shabazz selected to team

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2016, 07:38:09 AM »

What age was Latas when they call him back and he rescue us vs GUA?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2016, 08:14:39 AM »
As much as I cringed that Carlos and Glenn got called, I realized that we are in a dire position. To be honest I feel Carlos could probably do a better job than Cyrus, in the short term. That is to tell you how bad things are at the RB position. Glenn could also give a good shift, probably 30 to 40 mins. Things are really bad if an almost 40 yr old is we deliverer. As for mid field, that is a different kettle of fish. I like Marvin, but his time has past.

1]; } ?>