March 28, 2024, 05:11:09 PM

Author Topic: Carlos Edwards Thread  (Read 34111 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos Edwards Thread
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:19:49 AM »
Carlos Edwards - Farm Training

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QdYHe8dP6cw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QdYHe8dP6cw</a>

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:19:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos Edwards Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »
Cult Heroes: The Rolls Royce - Carlos Edwards
By David Boyle (The Roker Report)

After a bit of a sticky patch, where the party was certainly postponed, Sunderland will be looking to bounce back from the disappointing showing at Goodison - bloody Everton - with three points against the struggling Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday afternoon.

Wolves always used to be one of those clubs that I hoped could continue to upset the odds, mainly because of their association with Mick McCarthy, a thoroughly likable bloke in my book, but following their rash and ill-advised sacking of the Irishman they look doomed and have for some weeks now.

The build up to the fixture itself wouldn't be complete without our customary look back at a player who represented both sides during their career.

The star of today's piece is certainly more well respected and quite possibly revered for their time on Wearside as opposed to their short stint in the midlands, especially for one very special goal indeed.

It's only bloody Carlos Edwards!

Ankenhaton Carlos Edwards was born in the Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago where he would go on to start his professional football career with the fantastically named Defence Force, the nation's most successful side, probably because it was made up of superheroes given a name like that, following earlier spells with Patna United and Queens Park CC.

During this time the right sided player, adept as either a winger or wing-back, attended the same school as another player who would later become a team-mate on Wearside, Kenwyne Jones, as they both studied at St. Anthony's College in the Westmoorings area.

Edwards didn't hang around his native Trinidad too long however as word of his talent reached Wrexham of all places, where following a successful trial he made the move permanent with a £250,000 transfer agreed along with Defence Force team-mate Hector Sam.

Edwards spent a successful five years at the Racecourse Ground with the 2002/03 season being particularly memorable for the winger as his impressive form along with an impressive ten goals which helped Wrexham to promotion to the Second Division and earned Carlos the Player of the Year award to boot as well as a place in the PFA Team of the Year.

A serious knee injury was to rob Carlos of most of the 2004/05 season, a term which ended in relegation for the Welsh side following the docking of ten points as punishment for going into administration. There was however some silverware to soften the blow in the shape of the Football League Trophy as Wrexham beat Southend United 2-0 at the Millennium Stadium.

As Edwards' contract with The Dragons expired at the end of the 2004/05 term the winger's services were snapped up by newly promoted Luton Town in the Championship. The Hatters boss Mike Newell had been tracking Carlos for some time, a player who first came to his attention whilst managing Hartlepool United and was seen as a useful addition to his squad.

Edwards reportedly turned down offers from Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth Argyle and Coventry City before eventually putting pen to paper for Luton Town; however how much you believe of those claims is up for debate...

Carlos hit the ground running and enjoyed an excellent first season at Kenilworth Road which was topped off with the honour of representing his country in the 2006 World Cup in Germany. Edwards' burgeoning reputation as an exciting, tricky winger saw a host of scouts from a number of clubs begin to take up residence in the Luton Stands.

It was therefore no real surprise when upon the opening of the transfer window in January of 2007 that a move was on the agenda for Carlos as Roy Keane saw fit to stump up £1.4m for his services following, reportedly, a recommendation from Sir Alex Ferguson.

It didn't take long for Edwards to win over the Sunderland faithful with a string of notable performances and goals which went someway to helping The Black Cats to a remarkable promotion to the Premier League.

Edwards managed to find the net five times following his transfer from Luton with goals against Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry City, Birmingham City, Southampton but most memorably an incredible strike against Burnley at the Stadium of Light which all but sealed Sunderland's return to the top flight and his cult hero status on Wearside.

The game itself was a real edge-of-the-seat affair as the home side had to show some Roy Keane-esq grit and determination to come from behind and seal the victory. With the scores tied at 2-2, goals for the home side from the footballing icon Daryl Murphy and a penalty from David Connolly, who had missed an earlier spot kick, Carlos Edwards stepped up to give the biggest crowd of the season a moment to cherish.

The move itself was one of real style and panache as Sunderland broke on the 80th minute through Leadbitter and Murphy before the Irishman fed the ball to the right wing into the path of Edwards who had embarked on a surging run to support the attack...

Unfortunately for both Carlos and SAFC his inaugural Premier League campaign would be one dogged with injury. An early hamstring injury was further compounded with a leg fracture which side-lined the popular winger for all but the final three months of the season.

Following somewhat of a spending spree over the summer of 2008 Edwards found himself well down the pecking order at the Stadium of Light before agreeing a loan spell with Saturday's opponents Wolves in October. Edwards made just six appearances for our guests, so it is doubtful they hold him in such a high regard but for that one moment in April of 2007 Edwards will always be fondly remembered on Wearside.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:17:56 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ipswich Town skipper Carlos Edwards admits the players have discussed Paul Jewell’s job security
By Stuart Watson (Ipswich Star)

IPSWICH Town captain Carlos Edwards admits there have been whispers in the dressing room regarding the future of under-fire manager Paul Jewell.

With the Blues second-bottom of the Championship table following a return of just seven points from their opening 10 games, mysterious owner Marcus Evans reportedly reiterated his ‘full support’ of the Blues boss immediately after Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat to Cardiff City.

However, with 63 per cent of fans polled by this newspaper now saying the time for a change of manager has arrived, the Blues skipper has echoed the recent thoughts of new loanee DJ Campbell in saying that the players inevitably have their doubts about the security of Jewell’s job.

“We can only do what we can do on the pitch to help his cause,” said the 33-year-old. “It’s then up to the board of directors, the owners and the people in charge to decide whether or not to give him a little bit of extra time. Who’s to say his job is going to be safe? Only they can know.

“I think fair play to the manager. He is big enough to accept whatever is going to come his way. I would love to see him in the job for a little while still, but I’m just one player. Let’s hope for the best really.”

Asked if the players had discussed the prospect of a change in manager, he continued: “It’s not been a topic really. The lads just get on with the job.

“You might hear a little whisper, but it’s not helpful if we’re sat around discussing about whether the manager is going to get sacked.

“Sometimes a change in manager can work in your favour, sometimes it doesn’t. The last thing you want though is guys huddled in the corner saying ‘give him one more game’ and that sort of thing.

“Whatever discussions the players have, I won’t go running to the manager straight away. If he thinks that things are getting a bit out of hand then it’s up to him to stamp his authority.

“If he wants to have a word with me about certain things then I have no choice but to tell him what I hear. If he asks me the question then I will say that the lads are concerned about certain things.”

He added: “Yes, we do have our concerns, but we just get on with it. I’ll continue to give my all for the manager, the club and the fans and see where we go from there.

“The table doesn’t lie, yes we are in the bottom two, but things can only get better if we stick together as a squad and a management unit.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos backing Hutch
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »
Carlos backing Hutch
By Jonathon Ogle (itfc.co.uk)

Town skipper calling on his team-mates to get behind the caretaker boss during 'sad time' for the Club
Carlos Edwards is calling on his Town team-mates to ‘rally around’ temporary boss Chris Hutchings, following the departure of Paul Jewell yesterday.

Blues parted company with Paul by mutual consent yesterday, with his assistant Chris being placed in caretaker charge for Saturday’s home clash with Sheffield Wednesday

“It’s sad to see Paul (Jewell) leave because he’s a nice guy but unfortunately things haven’t quite worked out for us,” the Town skipper told the Club website.

“But life goes on and the guys are just going to roll their sleeves up for Hutch (Chris Hutchings) now in preparation for the game against Sheffield Wednesday.

“We will give him all the support he needs and everybody is rallying together at this sad time. We are going out there to play for him and hopefully we can get a good result.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Djibril Cisse vs Carlos Edwards
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:52:20 PM »
Player Of The Last Ten Years Poll, Round One: Djibril Cisse Vs Carlos Edwards
By Simon Walsh (rokerreport.com)

Round One continues today with two of the paciest players we've had play for us in recent times, both of whom contributed some unforgettable moments to the club as Djibril Cisse takes on Carlos Edwards...

Djibril Cisse

Djibril Cisse started his Sunderland career as he meant to go on, scoring the winner on his debut at White Hart Lane. After being summoned from the bench by Roy Keane, Cisse duly buried a downward header to send the traveling support into raptures.

The Frenchmen had made a name for himself as a quick, powerful forward and despite two leg breaks earlier in his career at Liverpool, he retained much of his pace. A fine example of this came in the home defeat to Portsmouth. Cisse bagged the opener by pouncing on a ball from deep before outstripping the Pompey defence and slotting home.

He was an opportunist too. His two derby goals are indicative of his ability to be in the right place at the right time. He set the Lads on their way to a first home win over the Mags in almost three decades by reacting quickest to a Steed Malbranque cross shot.

Derby goals create legends on Wearside and his have cemented his place in Sunderland folklore.

In the stands, Cisse was immortalised in one of our finest chants of recent years too. That song sums up why he will forever be a favourite at the Stadium of Light; a flamboyant goalscorer, Sunderland's number 9. (CC)

Read More...

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Djibril Cisse vs Carlos Edwards
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 01:05:09 PM »
Come on and vote fellas, Carlos trailing as of 5 minutes ago

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
thanks but we better without carlos
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 06:18:22 PM »
went to the game yesterday and i must say our shape composure touches etc were on point.

jones tried his best and boucad asserted himself in the middle without hyland.  against caribbean opposition outside of a competition we are class

my concern is carlos edwards

i remmeber mazy runs deft cut backs impeccable touches a great relationship with spann at right back good crosses etc however none of these things were in view yesterday

mr edwards is past it

everything he tried he failed at last night he was our weakest player sadly and was found wanting and lost the ball alot, he got bullied and when under pressure his pass was errant always.

his crosses were found wanting and he attempted to hold on to the ball a tad to much.

i believe that there are a number of beeter players for the position and we should move on
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: thanks but we better without carlos
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 06:50:52 PM »
He was trying too much to impress. Them beat will work in the championship.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 08:05:27 PM »
   We need Carlos honestly. He really doesn't deserve to be treated harshly for his performance, cmon it's Carlos, when does he have bad games? There is a lot of things to consider before making topic about this thing, firstly, these guys have feelings, not to make excuses but Carlos hasn't played in a defensive position for years, he is a bit older now and the team has changed completely. It will take some getting use to in order to put in a better performance in my opinion.

Having all younger players and this will always be debated until the end of time don't normally make the best team. Edwards brings a lot of experience to the team, his presence there is important to the younger guys and there is so much all of them can learn from him. Let's be fair, this is one of the weakest JA teams we've ever seen, against real opposition experience in players show, it's contagious as well.

I am not defending Carlos or anything here, but maybe you can tone it down a little.. we kept a clean sheet and won the match for what it's worth save it for when it's more deserving.

Some few things I noticed about the team:
 Our set pieces can use a bit of polishing up in terms of positioing
 Defending and positioning during set pieces can be reworked a bit
 When players go down.. the team should call for it (everyone, in a mannerly fashion) not just walk away ..
 When Winchester went down in the box.. No one instantly go check if the guy is ok.. whats up with that?
 Too much fancy football.. beating 1 and 2 men is risky, would like to see more link up's rather than 1 person running at defenses. The guys are young, some of these other countries in concacaf are wild men.. run at them first thing comes to mind is to take the player out.. just don't want anyone to get hurt for our entertainment.

Sorry I am a backseat coach :(

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 09:43:11 PM »
Based upon what our head coach said in this interview:

Hart reacts to the 1-0 win over Jamaica
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Juz0wQWgmDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Juz0wQWgmDs</a>
Go to 1:25 for his comments on Carlos

Our 2006 WC players who are still on the team are getting a little long in the tooth now.
So considering that Carlos will be 40 by the time 2018 World Cup year comes round I am not sure if it will be fair on him to help us qualify but then be left out of the squad in 2018 that qualifies because he is too old and way past his best by then. If Carlos is okay with that scenario then cool.

But would Carlos continued inclusion in the T&T squad be a restriction on the opportunities on offer to our younger upcoming players to gain the necessary experience in the position on the field that Carlos would otherwise be taking up?

If Carlos is still consistently putting down outstanding performances for his club and the T&T head coach believes he can still be an essential contributor to the team progression and improvement during our 2018 WC Qualification campaign then I am sure he will give Carlos another call-up.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:48:43 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:56 PM »
Hate to say it, but from what I see on Ipswich forum, he ain't doing very well for them either. Fans doh like him in the team, and he mostly benching anyway.

No doubt he still good enough to have a career. But de writing kinda on the wall, from what I see.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What next for Carlos Edwards?
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 06:42:42 AM »
What next for Carlos Edwards? Mick McCarthy admits Ipswich Town captain’s future at the club is in the balance

The future of Ipswich Town club captain Carlos Edwards is very much up in the air after the veteran winger met with manager Mick McCarthy for preliminary contract discussions last week.

Edwards was a virtual ever-present for the Blues during his first four seasons at the club, but the 35-year-old has been a bit-part player this term, making just nine league starts.

In a recent interview he said he felt very settled in Suffolk with his young family, would jump at the chance to extend his deal beyond this summer and insisted he still has plenty to offer as a player.

However, after being left out of the matchday squad completely for Saturday’s 1-0 home win over Birmingham, the Trinidadian wrote ‘What NEXT?’ on social networking website Twitter. After the game he added: “All that matters! #3points.”

McCarthy said: “I spoke to Carlos last Thursday and had a discussion with him as to where he sees himself. At 35, does he see himself as a first-teamer that is going to be fit week-in, week-out or does he see himself as a squad player and somebody that can help out by playing 20 games rather than 46?

“A lot will be determined by how he feels. Does he want to stay in the Championship or does he want to drop down and play every week? I don’t know yet and I don’t think he does because I had this conversation with him. That was a prelim to any discussion we will have further down the line.”

Asked how he viewed Edwards’ role going forwards, McCarthy said: “Well at 35 he’s not going to be getting any better, not that he’s tailing off and getting any worse I might add because he’s a very fit lad. At some stage though you start having to look to the future.

“If he’s the best and stays in the team then that’s the case. As I’ve said to him and everybody else, we’ve still got 13 games left to play. To start talking about what might be can be counter-productive.

“What you have to do to earn anything is get your nose to the grindstone and play well. That’s for everybody; whether that’s players on loan or those coming towards the end of contracts.”

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: What next for Carlos Edwards?
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:46 AM »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »
Mr. Edwards.  don't put nothing on twitter and Fb that can be construed against you.   Please.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 05:00:19 AM »
He should maximise his opportunities, if he wants to coach he should take the rotation position and get his qualifications. If he wants to play, drop down - there are some clubs who can pay for him in League One.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ipswich Town club captain Carlos Edwards joins Millwall on loan
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 06:36:09 PM »
Ipswich Town club captain Carlos Edwards joins Millwall on loan

Ipswich Town club captain Carlos Edwards has joined Millwall until the end of the season.

The 35-year-old was a regular starter during his first four years at the club, but has made just nine league starts this season (the last of which was the 2-0 home win over Reading on January 25), while he hasn’t been in the matchday squad for the last eight matches.

As a result, manager Mick McCarthy has allowed him to join Millwall until the end of the season, Ian Holloway’s South London side rock-bottom of the Championship table but just three points adrift of safety heading into their final eight matches.

“It’s important for me at this stage of my career to be playing football week-in, week-out,” Edwards told the club website. “When I heard Millwall were keen to take me, I jumped at the chance to go there and play games.

“I wish Ipswich well and I hope when I come back to the club at the end of the season that I will be available for the play-offs!”

The bubbly Trinidad and Tobago international is out of contract this summer and recently said he would love to extend his stay at Portman Road. McCarthy says talks will talk place at the end of the campaign, but admitted ‘there comes a time when you have to look to the future’.

“He wants to play games but he’s not done that here lately,” said McCarthy.

“We have other lads in front of him, so it’s an opportunity for Carlos to go out and play some first-team football and we wish him well.”

Edwards was brought to Portman Road by Roy Keane in 2009, joining from Sunderland alongside Grant Leadbitter in a combined £4m deal. He has made 170 starts and 21 sub appearances for the Blues, scoring 10 goals.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 08:00:09 AM »
Edwards explains Millwall move and hopes to recapture Sunderland’s survival spirit
By Tom Moore (Barking and Dagenham Post)

Carlos Edwards, who is on loan at Millwall from Ipswich, admitted he moved to The Den to play first-team football, as well as help the Lions survive the drop.

The 35-year-old made his debut in the 2-2 draw with Blackburn that lifted the south Londoners off the foot of the table but they remain three points adrift of safety.

And Edwards is hoping that he can make a difference to his new team’s hopes in the final seven games.

“I came here to get some playing time. It’s also a challenge, but I want to help the team to get out of the rut they are in.

“I’m looking through the team and squad and thinking to myself, ‘Why?’ It’s a big question because of the quality of players we’ve got.

“It has puzzled me.”

The Trinidad and Tobago international helped Sunderland survive in the Premier League in 2008 and he admitted that he was puzzled as to why Millwall were in a relegation battle, given the squad at Ian Holloway’s disposal.

“You could say it was a habit for me!” he said. “Back then, Sunderland weren’t rock-bottom, but we were looking at the gun barrel.

“It so happened that we dug deep because once we looked around and saw the players who were next to you then you asked yourself, ‘Why are we in this situation?’

“Then you say, ‘Why are we not pulling our fingers out?’

“The lads looked at themselves in the mirror and a few harsh words were said. But we took it on the chin, it was constructive criticism and we survived.

Edwards believes that he will be able to repeat the feat at The Den and has targeted two wins from their away trips to Nottingham Forest and Wigan.

“It’s possible,” he added. “Nothing is impossible.

“We need to put our arms around each other and say, ‘Listen, these next seven games are crucial.’

“But we have the next two games away from home which will take some pressure off the lads. Who knows?

“We may be coming back down the road smiling with six points.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
McCarthy: Every chance Carlos Edwards could move on
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 07:38:45 PM »
TWTD.co.uk

Boss Mick McCarthy has admitted that it’s likely that skipper Carlos Edwards will leave the club in the summer. The 35-year-old, who joined Millwall on loan last Thursday, is out of contract in the summer.

“Nothing’s been decided totally but there’s every chance that could happen, he’s out of contract,” McCarthy said.

“It always appears one-sided that, that the club allows somebody to come out of contract. But actually, as I’ve explained to one or two of them, while everybody’s badgering me about what’s going to happen, what happens if they get a better offer and then I go to them and say I’d like them to sign?

“They’d do one without a hint of anything towards me, don’t worry about that! It’s not always one way, it’s not the big, bad club that’s holding players to ransom. They’re also the ones who’ve got opportunities to do something else.

“To be fair to Carlos, I could have kept him here and had him as part of the squad, just as a safety valve.

“But I think we can cover that position and as a favour to him, because he has been so good and such a good player for the club - loyal, honest and straightforward - I wanted him to get some football. And it gives him a chance to put himself in the shop window.”

The Trinidad and Tobago international joined the Blues from Sunderland in the summer of 2009 for a fee of £1.35 million during his former Black Cats boss Roy Keane's time in charge at Portman Road.

In total he has made 170 starts and 21 sub appearances for Town, scoring 10 goals, but this season has started only 11 games, in addition to seven matches from the bench, netting one goal.

Edwards made his Millwall debut in Saturday’s 2-2 home draw with Town’s next opponents Blackburn Rovers.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McCarthy: Every chance Carlos Edwards could move on
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 02:34:48 AM »
TWTD.co.uk

Boss Mick McCarthy has admitted that it’s likely that skipper Carlos Edwards will leave the club in the summer. The 35-year-old, who joined Millwall on loan last Thursday, is out of contract in the summer.

“Nothing’s been decided totally but there’s every chance that could happen, he’s out of contract,” McCarthy said.

“It always appears one-sided that, that the club allows somebody to come out of contract. But actually, as I’ve explained to one or two of them, while everybody’s badgering me about what’s going to happen, what happens if they get a better offer and then I go to them and say I’d like them to sign?

“They’d do one without a hint of anything towards me, don’t worry about that! It’s not always one way, it’s not the big, bad club that’s holding players to ransom. They’re also the ones who’ve got opportunities to do something else.

“To be fair to Carlos, I could have kept him here and had him as part of the squad, just as a safety valve.

“But I think we can cover that position and as a favour to him, because he has been so good and such a good player for the club - loyal, honest and straightforward - I wanted him to get some football. And it gives him a chance to put himself in the shop window.”

The Trinidad and Tobago international joined the Blues from Sunderland in the summer of 2009 for a fee of £1.35 million during his former Black Cats boss Roy Keane's time in charge at Portman Road.

In total he has made 170 starts and 21 sub appearances for Town, scoring 10 goals, but this season has started only 11 games, in addition to seven matches from the bench, netting one goal.

Edwards made his Millwall debut in Saturday’s 2-2 home draw with Town’s next opponents Blackburn Rovers.

He should get some coaching qualifications and come back to the mother isles :) A man with his capital and experience could really help out the league. Plus, I imagine there aren't many ex-Patna United players who've played abroad! The broader Diego Martin area has a number of good players to their name but only one club in the top 2 leagues (Westside Superstarz).

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 07:40:48 PM »
With Carlos Edwards’ time at Ipswich Town coming to an end, the Italian Branch of the Ipswich Town Fan Club pay tribute to him with this video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0nxbvest8eg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0nxbvest8eg</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 06:31:02 AM »
With Carlos Edwards’ time at Ipswich Town coming to an end, the Italian Branch of the Ipswich Town Fan Club pay tribute to him with this video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0nxbvest8eg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0nxbvest8eg</a>
I hatta say Thank you too yes Carlos. Wow. Keep going soldier! and God Bless!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 01:10:50 PM »
De Rolls Royce firing man, just scored for Milwall!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 02:17:39 PM »
let's hope they can hold on...they need the points!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 02:53:24 PM »
let's hope they can hold on...they need the points!

Please don't, Charlton are not looking so hot for points! Please don't send us to League one again! We just beat Yeovil and looking ok, but really don't need a resurgent Milwall :p

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 06:51:16 AM »
De Rolls Royce firing man, just scored for Milwall!

HIGHLIGHTS of Carlos Edwards’ game-winning goal for Millwall against Wigan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8VHzwtaURfQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8VHzwtaURfQ</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos Edwards keen to stay at Millwall when Ipswich contract expires
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 05:57:09 AM »
Carlos Edwards keen to stay at Millwall when Ipswich contract expires
Sky Sports

Ipswich Town winger Carlos Edwards has confirmed he would be interested in staying at Millwall once his loan deal expires.

Edwards joined Ian Holloway's side at the end of March and Millwall are unbeaten in the five games in which the 35-year-old has started.

That run has lifted Millwall to a point outside the Championship relegation zone ahead of Monday's home game with fellow strugglers Doncaster Rovers.

Trinidad & Tobago attacker Edwards is unsure of his long-term future, but he is hoping that Holloway will want him at The Den next season.

"The confidence in the side is very good at the moment," said Edwards, who is out of contract at Ipswich in the summer.

"I don't know if the gaffer has plans for me to stay on, but I'd like to."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Edwards hopes to play his part in Millwall's Great Escape
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 07:45:04 PM »
Edwards hopes to play his part in Millwall's Great Escape
By Alex Aldridge (News at Den)

CARLOS Edwards hopes to become a Millwall hero by the end of the season.

The 35-year-old's arrival at The Den has coincided with a six-game unbeaten run which has put the Lions within touching distance of Championship survival.

Edwards, whose contract with parent club Ipswich expires in the summer, is unsure what his future holds beyond the end of the campaign.

So he wants to leave The Den on a high next month - and then he will assess whether a permanent move to SE16 could be on the cards.

He said: "I came here to help the team get out of the situation that they were in and I'm close to doing that.

"I hope, come the end of the season, that I can say I played my part in survival - or The Great Escape as the fans call it.

"In the summer, maybe I can sit down with Mr Holloway and see if he wants me to stay on.

"I think most likely I'll be moving on from Ipswich but where to is the next question."

A breath of fresh air at right-back, Edwards has been a key figure in the Lions' revival.

"Looking at the fixtures we had three weeks ago, a lot of people had written us off," he said.

"For the lads to turn things around is second to none. The manager has done a wonderful job.

"You could say me coming in has freshened things up a little, but it all boils down to the group and we've dug in and pulled our fingers out.

"We've taken 12 points from 18 - not long ago, it didn't look like we'd win another game."

Holloway added: "Carlos is so laid back and that's really helped. He hasn't stopped smiling since he's been here.

"But I can't think about next season yet - I've got to deal with these last two games first."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 02:59:05 PM »
Carlos Edwards hasn’t just silenced the doubters, his accomplished performances have lent him a messianic quality among the Den faithful. Still exceptionally fit despite his advancing years, Edwards immediately showed the touch of a man good enough to have earned 86 international caps. His poise, energy and positive running on the right flank balanced up that side of the pitch, where the yawning gap caused by James Henry’s departure for Wolves was finally plugged.

Edwards’ winning goal in the 1-0 win at Wigan in early April also continued the momentum that a win at Forest three days prior had engendered. If Millwall do not sign Edwards permanently this summer, the natives will not be amused.

http://offsiderulepodcast.com/2014/05/07/the-championship-how-on-earth-did-millwall-survive-in-2013-14/

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 04:47:27 AM »
Really glad it worked out for him :) Don't fancy facing him next season though!

1]; } ?>