March 28, 2024, 08:55:55 AM

Author Topic: TTFF Kickstarts National Teams Development Programs  (Read 5523 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
TTFF Kickstarts National Teams Development Programs
« on: April 05, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »
TTFF Kickstarts National Teams Development Programs
Shaun Fuentes, TTFF Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation will host screening sessions in the coming weeks for players that will represent this country at the qualifying phase for the 2015 FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup.

This was one of the initiatives to begin shortly according to technical director Anton Corneal as he explained that players at the Under 14 level will be selected from the screening sessions to start training as a National Under 14 team which will see them in place to contest the qualifiers for the Under 17 tournament by the time 2015 comes around.

And according to Corneal, talks have already been held with former National Team player Leroy De Leon to have him on the panel of coaches that will work with the Under 14 players. Among the other names mentioned to work with the Under 14 team includes Dion La Foucade and Kevin Jeffrey, These are among others will be interim positions in the first instance.

The TTFF has already started screening for Under 16 players to join an existing pool of players that will contest the upcoming Caribbean Football Union qualifiers towards the FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup in 2013. Over 110 players showed up for screening at the Ato Boldon Stadium last weekend.

These players were selected from their respective regional associations and a group will be selected to join the existing pool of 35 players which will be overlooked by an interim staff comprising of past Under 17 head coach Sean Cooper, ex-national forward Leonson Lewis and Terrence Marcelle.

Caribbean qualifying for the Under 17s will be played from July 3-10th with Trinidad hosting one of the groups which will see them come up against Suriname, British Virgin Islands and Guyana. The group winner of the five groups and the best second placed team will advance to the final CFU round in August.

Similar screening will take place for Under 20 players at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Tuesday 10th and Thursday 12th April 2012 at 8:30 am ahead of the 9am start.

Only players born in 1993 will be allowed to be part of the screening. Corneal mentioned that ex-National Under 20 World Cup team coach Bertille St Clair will be invited to work with the team in a mentor capacity.

T&T will enter the Caribbean leg of qualification from July 23-31 in a group hosted by St Vincent/Grenadines along with Suriname and Guyana. The winner of the four preliminary groups and the best second placed team will advance to the final CFU round in Jamaica from November 3-11, 2012.

The T&T Senior team will also resume preparations shortly ahead of the preliminary stage of the 2012 Caribbean Cup. Efforts are being made for the Senior Team to play against an African Nation in Port of Spain as part of the 50th Independence Anniversary and talks are also being held with the likes of Panama for upcoming friendly internationals.

T&T will face Anguilla, St Martin and hosts St Kitts/Nevis in the opening group phase from September 24th-28th.

The six group winners and runner ups will join Cuba, Grenada (host) and Guadeloupe (host) in the second round from October 20th-24th.  The 2012 Caribbean Cups Finals will be played in Antigua and Barbuda with the hosts and defending champions Jamaica already through to that tournament from December 1-16th.

“It’s a lot of football coming up and already we are putting measures in place especially for the youth teams as we prepare for these competitions,” Corneal told TTFF Media.

“Talks are ongoing with some of our very distinguished past players who we believe can serve as mentors and bring their wealth of experience to the development of our players particularly at the youth level. We are particularly keen to begin work with the Under 14 age group which will be the team that will take us into qualification for the 2015 Under 17 World Cup. This is being done even prior to the next Under 17 World Cup in 2013,” Corneal added.

“Of course some of our positions will be on an interim basis in the first instance with the aim towards longer terms of appointments.”

The T&T Women’s programs are also ongoing with the Under 17 Women’s Team scheduled for training camps in Costa Rica and Fort Lauderdale ahead of the CONCACAF qualifiers in Guatemala City in May.

The T&T Senior and Under 20 Women’s Team will also play matches against the visiting College of Charleston Women’s Team  during a ten-day visit in May.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:14:18 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Kickstarts National Teams Development Programs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 03:49:25 PM »
Positive move .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »
We will see! Let us hope for the best!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »
Ok guys  players born in 1993 the ttff is looking at ..... foreign based  members pass on the info of our screening .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 08:12:14 PM »
To the effin TTFF — FYI.

On April 2nd, something occurred in our part of the world that has never happened before and probably will not happen again, Mexico's victory in the Olympic qualifying finals over Honduras officially gave El Tri CONCACAF's U-23 championship, finishing off a clean sweep for Mexico at every single level of the pyramid in CONCACAF's men's tournaments.
The Gold Cup title, U-23 title, the U-20 championship, and the U-17 World Cup crown.

TTFF, win a friggin tournament or you just giving us lip service. You could learn something if you pay attention, something you probably didn't do in school.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 08:46:38 PM »
is screening in areas the only way we select players? that method has been going on over 4 decades now.You have the U14 div in the school system, you have the pro league youth league, you have republic bank tournament and other youth tournaments and the only way a man could get selected is putting him to scrimmage on a NO TEAM team?
I have know problem with screening,especially in a small country like ours but that should be for the overflow,the extras you'll like to see some more,not for your core players who you would have seen play on there respective teams.
This is one of the reasons we always have youth players playing in de wrong positions because some coach saw them in SCREENING and not monitoring them in games.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »

This is one of the reasons we always have youth players playing in de wrong positions because some coach saw them in SCREENING and not monitoring them in games.

Interesting point. How much proactive leg work will this coaching panel do, or will they just sit there and pick only what they see in front of them.

A step in the right direction. But the U.S. and other countries have been developing at U-14 and below for donkey years. This does not bring us to par. We need something MORE to close the gap. Corneal is a good administrator but he is an establishment man. I hope he can reach outside the box for innovative solutions to our technical and tactical deficiencies.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 06:51:49 AM »

Interesting point. How much proactive leg work will this coaching panel do, or will they just sit there and pick only what they see in front of them.

A step in the right direction. But the U.S. and other countries have been developing at U-14 and below for donkey years. This does not bring us to par. We need something MORE to close the gap. Corneal is a good administrator but he is an establishment man. I hope he can reach outside the box for innovative solutions to our technical and tactical deficiencies.

yup they lazy ......

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 07:35:18 AM »
What them fellers need to do is to appoint coaches with trini roots in the most populated Caribbean regions  in de states. These coaches can be a contact for any young players with trini roots. This is a good start  to get the young foreign players involve from early.  Coaches can now do a screening session in the US select the best 18 and take them fellers to Trinidad to play against trini best player pool. I know this takes alot of work but if we want to move in the right direction that is what we need to do. Usually when ah player name start calling from foreign with trini roots we does want him to jump on we banwagon. Why don't we take de initiative to identify that player from young. it will only make the transition much easier.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 08:08:21 AM »
We always muddercnt screening.... what is new? what is the step in the right direction... steups
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »
We always muddercnt screening.... what is new? what is the step in the right direction... steups
        :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:sorry guys long time i eh laugh,the step will be right until we loose another game.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 10:02:17 AM »

the last time we had u-14s in development they went two world cups. so how you get to where exposing u-14s to men like La Foucade is a step in the wrong direction?

yup they lazy ......

they have to do many things differently or it will come to nothing yet again. those coaches should have serious knowledge of these players long before they see them in screening
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 10:27:45 AM »
And in 2 months you will hear nothing again.

After failure, they hot hot and then they never follow up...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »
Eldo Man- Let me give you a reality check on your suggestion. I know a Canadian Coach who recommended
 Two talented Trinis born in Canada of Trinidadian parentage. They happened to look white. Guess What -At the first training Session with the Locals someone threatened to brake they foot, with the remark no white boy coming here to take we place. Then some local Coaches not wanting to deal with the local/ Foreign problem would remark = They do not bring anything different or they are no better than the Locals.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 12:50:55 PM »
This is a screening venture, not a development one  :frustrated:

BS headline, Fuentes!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:52:38 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »
Eldo Man- Let me give you a reality check on your suggestion. I know a Canadian Coach who recommended
 Two talented Trinis born in Canada of Trinidadian parentage. They happened to look white. Guess What -At the first training Session with the Locals someone threatened to brake they foot, with the remark no white boy coming here to take we place. Then some local Coaches not wanting to deal with the local/ Foreign problem would remark = They do not bring anything different or they are no better than the Locals.

well maybe that is why we don't get no way. Mexico have mexican american playing for them. What wrong with we doing de same thing. How come man ent break "Me Mom" foot yet. Allyuh so does only talk ah pack ah shyt yes. Simple suggestion and you acting like we is some big football nation. We have to look at all talent if we can. What wrong with screening men from foreign? At de same time develope them fellers home. If the slacking and being lazy let man from foreign tak the spot who want to work hard, nothing wrong with that.

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »

FF, I talking about putting a system in place. me ent talking about no one screening session. We have nuff trinis in Uncle Sam to do something loike that.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
Did they bring something different or not..Don't get the point.  Is it possible they were so intimidated, they didn't perform to their best ? were they so turned off, they didn't care to make the team, and therefore didn't perform ? It is possible...so if the coaches saw/felt this, they should pick them ? No sir, I feel the foriegner must stand out, bring something really special, or be left out...the trialist must leave no doubt...Let say they were just slightly better than the local boy, should the coach, select for this tournament, not knowing when they will be available for future practices and tournaments, or send for them every week for a practice...i'm being ridc. here, but u should see my point...I don't condone it, but I think intimidation and head games is part of any sport.

I myself,played here have been in Highschool to college, from Club to National tryouts...even some Club practices in TT, "steupes, who this foreigner, y he runnin with the A team?".and I don't think at any, even when I was invited, I was not told I would be damaged, and was called some deragotory name or other...I was selected everytime, and even gave myself choice of I turning down & refusing some, I saw such as motivation to teach the azzholes something, damn thing pumped me up, I usually played better than what I could consistently do,  It was like I in a zone...every shot a goal, every tackle a win...but everybody is different, many not...My own kids at present shy away from these obstacles - i'm still working on that -..cause that's all they are..like any other defender trying to stop you...yes, the breakfoot men finally caught up with me(don't even matter who), only because I relaxed the last minute of a Cup game, and went to embarass them...a JA teammate, once told me..Football is war, with 90 minute battles...I made the mistake and only battled for 89..

On screening sessions - should be multiple, as time permits, I think if properly organzied and arranged, it is a decent tool, to compare and test certain players you may have observed, and new recommended additions, by you creating a controlled test environment.
Many tools are readily available, and have been around a long time, but if not used properly, may not give as good qualityproduct, as if used by someone more experienced with using these same old tools.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »
just waatchin yuh later comments Eldo, and though I agree with those, I don't really agree with your original suggestion..It is to large a venture, and dependent on personal opinion of appointee, and posibly to large a venture to manage (especially for the disorganization of TTFF)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »
Screening is an extremely ineffective method of selecting for a national programme....particularly at age 14.
What if the boys parents won't let him travel or decide he has to visit his Granparents that day?  :frustrated:

However, it looks like the screenings are designed to add to a preselected group, which is better. "These players were selected from their respective regional associations and a group will be selected to join the existing pool of 35 players"

There really needs to be a network of regional scouts attending games all weekend and recommending boys for trials.

Regarding those in the U.S.A., the perfect scenario if money wasn't an issue, would be to recruit a U.S.based T&T squad who could train and play regularly. Couple of times a year home based could fly to play the U.S.based and vice versa. Once they reach 18, the teams can be combined. Of course, that means finding coaches to live and work in USA and paying them!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 06:42:54 AM »
 :yawning: :yawning:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 08:32:42 PM »
Screening is an extremely ineffective method of selecting for a national programme....particularly at age 14.
What if the boys parents won't let him travel or decide he has to visit his Granparents that day?  :frustrated:

However, it looks like the screenings are designed to add to a preselected group, which is better. "These players were selected from their respective regional associations and a group will be selected to join the existing pool of 35 players"

There really needs to be a network of regional scouts attending games all weekend and recommending boys for trials.

Regarding those in the U.S.A., the perfect scenario if money wasn't an issue, would be to recruit a U.S.based T&T squad who could train and play regularly. Couple of times a year home based could fly to play the U.S.based and vice versa. Once they reach 18, the teams can be combined. Of course, that means finding coaches to live and work in USA and paying them!

It have nuff Trini coaches in the USA that will have no problem doing this, many attend tournaments where Players with Trini roots are playing. The problem is the TTFF doh want any one to watch they pot cooking for them, they would rather it burn.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 07:15:46 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFfBf4D15gQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MFfBf4D15gQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 11:49:45 PM »
let de man do he wuk nah
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 04:47:13 AM »
I hate this bastard McComie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we get beaten badly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lix until we get it right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 03:19:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFfBf4D15gQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MFfBf4D15gQ</a>

Ok we have a late start  and  need strikers and goalies according to McComie  ...  time to identify talent people
Sam show support

GREG Ranjitsingh - Goalie

T&T will enter the Caribbean leg of qualification from July 23-31 in a group hosted by St Vincent/Grenadines along with Suriname and Guyana. The winner of the four preliminary groups and the best second placed team will advance to the final CFU round in Jamaica from November 3-11, 2012.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:21:44 PM by Trini _2018 »

Offline Married2ATrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »
That is not true....McComie said that there's a lack of interest in the Goalkeeper department....if that's the case they need to contact Greg Ranjitsingh.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »
Recently i watched a show on fox soccer leading up to the champion's league finale, and the focus was on mexican football. in all honesty, if i was to be true to my self i would have to admit that we would never be able to have any kind of success against the kind of stability and commitment the mexicans bring to the table.

i also saw a little piece in chicharito, and i was amazed to hear how hard this fella has worked to be where he is today, and continues to work.

unlike footballers from our experience who get to the top and then lose interest in football, this man is @ the pinnacle of success, and continues to work even harder bc he has specific goals, now that's what i call committed.

it showed the academy he came from (chivas), and how they get everything they need from there, both football and academics. now this is ah classic example of how delusional and jokey we trinis are!

we want to gain success with ah non system ( SSFL players) against a well trained well rounded youth system, and when we don't, they set out to find solutions to a no brainer situation, just fackin start building youth football academies you dimwhits!!

the MOS need not look any further. if the clubs don't want to build academies, then they should take it upon themselves to build one in every region of the twin islands, simple. all this talk about screening is crap, just build these academies anil, and watch how the level of football would raise on the island, and we will compete 10 times better against these other nations in the confederation.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:49:23 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>