April 16, 2024, 03:14:11 PM

Author Topic: Emotional Intelligence  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Emotional Intelligence
« on: October 27, 2005, 05:58:36 AM »
Emotional Intelligence

As Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) Soca Warriors lead up to these two crucial games against Bahrain on November 12 and 16, it is important that T&T administrators, coaches, players, T&T media, and supporters use emotional intelligence.  We have to concentrate on ourselves, and not be distracted by the recent psychological warfare by Bahrain.  We cannot worry about issues that we cannot control.  We should be concerned about what we can control, and that’s ourselves.  At this point, focusing on ourselves is a requisite.   

According to Emerson, an organizational behavior theorist, “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters as compared to what lies within us.”  In addition, John Maxwell, a renowned writer and speaker on leadership, states, “I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.  And so it is with you – we are in charge of our attitudes.”  Whatever negative happenings have occurred within the last week, let’s turn them into positives.  Conflict is inevitable in our lives.  Conflict is not the problem; it is what we do with the conflict is the problem. 

Despite the recent developments, I believe that Leo Beenhakker and his staff have remained unperturbed.  I spoke to Lincoln Phillips twice within the last week, and the central theme of our discussions was for us to stay unified and positive.  Regarding the players, I know they understand the history of 1973 and 1989.  This cannot happen again!  The job of the players is to prepare for the games physically, tactically, and psychologically with one aim in mind: victory.  Qualifying for the World Cup will be a historic moment for T&T, and its implications will be far reaching for the future of our country.       

To T&T Soca Warriors fans, at this time, support is essential, be passionate, but try to refrain from negativity.  To all of us in the callaloo, administrators, players, coaches, T&T media, and supporters, it is imperative that we participate in emotional intelligence. 

One goal - Germany! 

Trevor Leiba 

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Intelligence
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 06:25:21 AM »
One goal - Germany!   :cheers:

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 06:32:26 AM »

Like Alberta Trini, Behbehman, Latapy...and a host of others I have not mentioned...I thank you for putting matters into perspective.  Lets focus on the positives.  Our tiny nation is about to make history.   Many of us have been dreaming about this moment for so long!

A most refreshing post.

Luv U T&T!

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 07:13:12 AM »
Tell dem Trevor..man only stirring up nonsense.

Let us savour this moment and look forward tp a great performance form our team.

We can do it, we will do it.

Vibes it up!

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 08:01:26 AM »
Emotional Intelligence

As Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) Soca Warriors lead up to these two crucial games against Bahrain on November 12 and 16, it is important that T&T administrators, coaches, players, T&T media, and supporters use emotional intelligence.  We have to concentrate on ourselves, and not be distracted by the recent psychological warfare by Bahrain.  We cannot worry about issues that we cannot control.  We should be concerned about what we can control, and that’s ourselves.  At this point, focusing on ourselves is a requisite.   

According to Emerson, an organizational behavior theorist, “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters as compared to what lies within us.”  In addition, John Maxwell, a renowned writer and speaker on leadership, states, “I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.  And so it is with you – we are in charge of our attitudes.”  Whatever negative happenings have occurred within the last week, let’s turn them into positives.  Conflict is inevitable in our lives.  Conflict is not the problem; it is what we do with the conflict is the problem. 

Despite the recent developments, I believe that Leo Beenhakker and his staff have remained unperturbed.  I spoke to Lincoln Phillips twice within the last week, and the central theme of our discussions was for us to stay unified and positive.  Regarding the players, I know they understand the history of 1973 and 1989.  This cannot happen again!  The job of the players is to prepare for the games physically, tactically, and psychologically with one aim in mind: victory.  Qualifying for the World Cup will be a historic moment for T&T, and its implications will be far reaching for the future of our country.       

To T&T Soca Warriors fans, at this time, support is essential, be passionate, but try to refrain from negativity.  To all of us in the callaloo, administrators, players, coaches, T&T media, and supporters, it is imperative that we participate in emotional intelligence. 

One goal - Germany! 

Trevor Leiba 

Really good, positive post...jus remember,

Change not Conflict is inevitable in our lives.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters as compared to what lies within us.”  ...... kinda llike de gun wid a hair trigger.

We survived '73 and '89 so no doubt we'll survive 2006.... WC06 won't make us winners (we're already winners!!!) it'll just give the rest of the world another chance to see the sweetness and beauty that is TNT......  :chilling:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 08:19:42 AM by greenpea »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 08:35:32 AM »
greenpea ah love de sentiments.trini sweet fuh days.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 08:47:29 AM »
Yeah man!

I cud see we in Germany rite now!

Forget de negativity!

Positively Germany all de way!!!!

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 08:48:22 AM »

So why yuh have MAradona on yuh avatar and not Latas? ;)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 08:52:50 AM »

everybody tell meh ah resemble him.too bad i eh have de talent.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 01:27:05 PM »

Like Alberta Trini, Behbehman, Latapy...and a host of others I have not mentioned...I thank you for putting matters into perspective.  Lets focus on the positives.  Our tiny nation is about to make history.   Many of us have been dreaming about this moment for so long!

A most refreshing post.

Luv U T&T!

For a thousand men hacking at the leaves, there is one hacking at the root!

Offline Ball Ho fuh life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 01:41:30 PM »
Vibes it up fellas!  But when all yuh get time, ease up on all de sayings nah man.  So everybody is Socrates and Plato now den?  Everybody comin' good, but all yuh self.....yuh know men go start tuh come wit' "Who laugh las' laugh best" and "De early bird catches de worm" an' all kinda ting jes now!  Den it will go dong hill from deh..."What sweet in goat mout' sour in de bam bam" an' ting.....But vibes it up eh!  Vibes it up!

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 02:31:12 PM »

everybody tell meh ah resemble him.too bad i eh have de talent.

Yuh resemble him how he looking today?

dat eh nutten to boast about ;D

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 02:38:11 PM »
Wait! Wha if David and Jack plan dis shit out. Jack send david over dey in smart to throw the Bahrainians off? Suppose Nahkid givin them all kinda wrong information as we speak? Then once we buss 5 in they arse, warner and Nahkid in front ah newsday, hugging tight-tight and posing for pictures! The title go read "WE TIEF DEY HEAD"
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 08:32:27 PM »
Good post Trevor.......

1]; } ?>