April 18, 2024, 07:13:26 PM

Author Topic: An Alternative Scouting System for Trinidad & Tobago in the 21st Century  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The following suggestions are an alternative approach to scouting in both Trinidad and Tobago for all levels of football.

- Scouting for football at all levels should be done by county, Trinidad consists of 8 counties and Tobago can be divided into Western and Eastern Tobago, which means 2 counties in Tobago.

- Each county will have scouting for all levels of football ie./ u17, u20, u23 and Senior Level

- Each level will consist of 15 players from each of the 10 counties.

- A database will be made for all players that make the final cut for the team of 15 from their respective county. For example, 150 players will be scouted for the u17 team nationwide, comprising of players from all counties throughout Trinidad & Tobago.

- The database will contain all information on the players, to include training, diet and business training schedules.

- The Scouting Program will take a maximum of 10 months, it is necessary all players get a fair shot that are interested in representing the nation.

- To rule out bias, the national selection committee will ask for all teams in the county, amateur and semi-professional to list players that are playing currently. Minor league teams and fete teams will also be considered for scouting.

- A month will be spent on each county to select the best players and finalize the list of 15 from every level.

- Coaches and management for the scouting program should not include any local coaches to rule out any type of bias in selection of players.

- After all teams are finalized, they will engage in a nationwide tournament over a period of 6 months, maybe a year if needed, to extract the best players locally for the final 15 at every level, regardless of where they come from, religion, colour or race.

- T&T has the time to work on this system for scouting as none of the teams have qualified for any major tournaments.

- A similar scouting program can be implemented in North America and the UK, concentrating on the areas where there is a high concentration of Trinbagonians.

- Players that have already been chosen for the national team will not take part in trials and will be viewed as an entirely separate team to play in the tournament, if they are available.

- Before such a huge endeavor as this one takes place, we need coaches that are screened and qualified by a neutral committee for each county and level. It will breed coaches for the future of our football, we will need them to coach the teams selected at every level.

- The database will track and retain even the players that have been cut and their progress, it will also track players in foreign, similar to the player profiles on sw.net.

- When foreign based players have been scouted and narrowed down to 15, they will also play against their foreign counterparts. Resulting in a final 15 from every level, they will then play the final 15 locally to complete the team of 22 that will go on to represent our twin island republic.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:20:30 PM by Controversial »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My system is a little easier and just downright simple........All people who are scouting now..will be no longer be scouting.....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i see a herd when scouting

scouting for herd
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So this is what we come too, scouting fuh fackin talent??!!

well i have the simplest of all solutions, just start going the way that most footballing nations access talent, just build fackin academies all over the two islands and fill them with willing kids, good coaches who know what the hell they doing with ah boss system, and that will yeild enough talent! as long as the academies exist there will be talented capable youth players in T&T.    real fackin simple!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
Do people in Trinidad even know what county they are in? It might be easier to use Constituency since we like to vote plenty  :)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
My system is a little easier and just downright simple........All people who are scouting now..will be no longer be scouting.....

so lets hear the system, i'm the type of person that doesn't mind posting an idea and discussing it, not everyone in that frame of mind

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

well i have the simplest of all solutions, just start going the way that most footballing nations access talent, just build fackin academies all over the two islands and fill them with willing kids, good coaches who know what the hell they doing with ah boss system, and that will yeild enough talent! as long as the academies exist there will be talented capable youth players in T&T.    real fackin simple!

building an academy is part of it, you still need to scout players for the academy and i believe scouring the nation is the best approach, laziness is not acceptable imo

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

building an academy is part of it, you still need to scout players for the academy and i believe scouring the nation is the best approach, laziness is not acceptable imo
Yuh drinkin joy juice or what?? scout what?? yuh screen the whole region for healthy young boys who like football with athletic ability, yuh get them checked out by a doctor, and yuh start teaching them the game, it's that simple buddy!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Yuh drinkin joy juice or what?? scout what?? yuh screen the whole region for healthy young boys who like football with athletic ability, yuh get them checked out by a doctor, and yuh start teaching them the game, it's that simple buddy!

don't be dotish....

how are you scouting these players, whats the process, the system?

allyuh men does forget about organizational structure and just throw out sentences with no substance to it, yuh better than that, hopefully

who are the coaches and where will you start? you starting tobago? how many players will you scout per level? ask yourself the questions that no one in trinidad is asking or thinking about

pay attention to detail, quality over quantity, when yuh fail to plan, you plan to fail
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:57:28 PM by Controversial »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

don't be dotish....

allyuh men does forget about organizational structure and just throw out sentences with no substance to it, yuh better than that, hopefully

who are the coaches and where will you start? you starting tobago? how many players will you scout per level? ask yourself the questions that no one in trinidad is asking or thinking about

pay attention to detail, quality over quantity, when yuh fail to plan, you plan to fail

Listen guy, i never said ah dogone thing about "scouting"!! that was your phrase!

what i implied, is what footballing nations the world over does, they have club academies where they recruit young boys and teach them how to play football properly in an environment of yr round football and academics, they don't wait till these boys is 19 and 20 tuh make ah national call for talented players and teach them how to play football @ an age where they should already know their trade.

this scouting for talent thing is nonsense!!! it's fackin backward and it's doltish! @ this stage the club academies in T&T is an absolute facking joke, as with every thing else. they have the boys training on weekends, when they supposed to be training four days a week in ah school geared for football.

so the clubs will not do anything to correct this, and we all know the TTFF won't, so i think the govt should take the initiative and biulds these schools, from jr sec (age 10 -11 ) and then on to the fifth form. six solid yrs of nothing but football and academics.

and the way i suggest going about it is too take the most talented kids from the primary schools football league, and also have kids who are interested in football but do not necessarily play football, but may have potential, go through a one week screening course.

very fackin simple sh!t that even ah fackin tree monkey could think up.  this scouting idea is ah sign of how clueless we trinis could be.  no offense BTW.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:21:57 PM by just cool »

Offline Hebaldo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Suppose one of the counties has better players than all the rest .... we still gonna take 10 from that and 10 from another one that have worst players?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

don't be dotish....

Listen guy, i never said ah dogone thing about "scouting"!! that was your phrase!

what i implied, is what footballing nations the world over does, they have club academies where they recruit young boys and teach them how to play football properly in an environment of yr round football and academics, they don't wait till these boys is 19 and 20 tuh make ah national call for talented players and teach them how to play football @ an age where they should already know their trade.

this scouting for talent thing is nonsense!!! it's fackin backward and it's doltish! @ this stage the club academies in T&T is an absolute facking joke, as with every thing else. they have the boys training on weekends, when they supposed to be training four days a week in ah school geared for football.

so the clubs will not do anything to correct this, and we all know the TTFF won't, so i think the govt should take the initiative and biulds these schools, from jr sec (age 10 -11 ) and then on to the fifth form. six solid yrs of nothing but football and academics.

and the way i suggest going about it is too take the most talented kids from the primary schools football league, and also have kids who are interested in football but do not necessarily play football, but may have potential, go through a one week screening course.

very fackin simple sh!t that even ah fackin tree monkey could think up.  this scouting idea is ah sign of how clueless we trinis could be.  no offense BTW.

Controversial, no disrespect but ah havta say I agree with pretty much eveything Just Cool sayin' here but without all de bouffin' up.  What we need in Trinidad AND Tobago are regional acadamies that are fully staffed, properly paid and well educated in their respected fields.  From director to groundsman  For starters, I think each one of the stadia that jack built can and should be used as its own regional base and for the areas in TnT that might be a little harder to reach, I'm sure there are community centers that can serve the purpose...and tear up that artificial shit in the Marvin Lee and put natural grass.....but then again, maybe not.  Given the football world's growing love affair with the shit, I guess we havta prepare our players to getting used to playin' on it...but ah doh mean to digress, so in any event, this is a grad proposal that is going to cost tons of money.  Money, that can hopefully be raised through gov't funding and sponsors.  then comes the really arguous task of changing our attitudes toward the sport.  Ours is a nation that really needs to apply ourselves in learing to be more professional in our approach.  Good luck with that. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
gov't funding and sponsors.        :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Suppose one of the counties has better players than all the rest .... we still gonna take 10 from that and 10 from another one that have worst players?

:whistling:
Enter Brown Sugar   

In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:whistling:
Enter Brown Sugar   

Doh sleep on tobago preacher. when i was ah yute growing up, i had an uncle who lived in bago, signal hill to be exact. in the summer i would visit him and had an opportunity to play football and cricket with the neighborhood guys, talk bout talent!

those boys had crazy talent, but no one would ever know bc the main island did not put emphasis on tobago. IMO, dwight was only discovered bc of intercol, had dwight been just another random bago yute who didn't play high school, he would've been on store bay right now selling T.shirts talking bout how good he was.

trust meh preach, i don't know bout now, but back then i've seen real talented fellas in bago who coulda played for the west indies, or the strike squad easy easy.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:30:07 AM by just cool »

1]; } ?>