March 28, 2024, 03:23:20 PM

Author Topic: On the subject of Patriotism  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On the subject of Patriotism
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAyy67RGwWY   

I created this piece for a small town in MN.  They were doing it for veteran's day.  It was freezing and these folks hung in there to share the love.  Just another level of patriotism. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:20:09 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: On the subject of Patriotism
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:00:04 AM »
well done preacher! i see this on feliz facebook last night.

trinisotans doing good.

ufda.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:54:56 AM »
Preacher you did the filmography...directing... producing... what?  Beautiful song and nice vid either way.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »
Thanks fellas.  Andre the location wasn't to far from Feliz.  Bakes I did the production, directing and editing.  I work with a buddy that does the filmography, cinematography.  That vid went to every US military base. 

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:44:20 AM »
hope allyuh get a hit.

scenery look the same like the rural MN i know (outside mankato). it was probably the biggest thing to happen in town for a while.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 11:22:39 AM »
 ;D  It was in Alexandria.  Yeah and the town came out, public officials and all.  The funny thing about this shoot is that the artist wanted to shoot the video before she recorded the song.  So we had to help her out a bit.  When we shot her piece we were literally out in the middle of nowhere with high winds after driving for 2hrs already.  We just jump out and say man..we shooting right here.  :)   I make she jump like Trini and thing for that.  :)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:53:23 PM »

So tell mih Preacher? This was just business or are you a true blu blood American Patriot ?

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 02:21:03 PM »
Why does it have to be one or the other?  Doh try that.   ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
Preacher, like St. Joseph RC had a lasting effect on you. That is flippin' super, man! Keep it up. San Jose, San Jose!!!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »
Thanks fellas.  Andre the location wasn't to far from Feliz.  Bakes I did the production, directing and editing.  I work with a buddy that does the filmography, cinematography.  That vid went to every US military base. 

Good job man... ah real like de cinematography on this and de Avenger vid, but ah like the directing in this one too.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 07:57:15 PM »
Deeks St Joseph is the past primary school on the planet.  :)

Bakes we used a Canon 7d for both projects.  Most of her shots are with a Wide Angel Lens with the ISO around 1600.  Can't remember the name of the lens though.  We also used a 12ft crane to achieve those mid-range motion shots.  The Avenger was 0 production, I just shot what I could get and tired a thing in edited. 

If you guys ever need video I'll come to wherever you are located, I'll give you a good deal and only charge you 20% of the travel.  It's always good to get support from and work with your own people, so thanks for all the support on this.  We just developed a workflow system that allows us to have a wedding video ready to show  by the reception.   Full HD video of your Wedding Day to share with everyone at the reception.  Instead of having to wait a month. 

www.zandoleemedia.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 08:25:46 PM »
Deeks St Joseph is the past primary school on the planet.  :)

Bakes we used a Canon 7d for both projects.  Most of her shots are with a Wide Angel Lens with the ISO around 1600.  Can't remember the name of the lens though.  We also used a 12ft crane to achieve those mid-range motion shots.  The Avenger was 0 production, I just shot what I could get and tired a thing in edited. 

If you guys ever need video I'll come to wherever you are located, I'll give you a good deal and only charge you 20% of the travel.  It's always good to get support from and work with your own people, so thanks for all the support on this.  We just developed a workflow system that allows us to have a wedding video ready to show  by the reception.   Full HD video of your Wedding Day to share with everyone at the reception.  Instead of having to wait a month. 

www.zandoleemedia.com

Well you done tell me yuh'll dance shoot at my wedding... so me eh worried about all dat 20% talk and all ah dat  ;D

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »
 :rotfl:  Then just gimme the date man.  lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »
:rotfl:  Then just gimme the date man.  lol

Soon come... soon come.  Some Mexican go need dey green card juss now :D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 05:35:30 AM »
Beautiful work. I did a couple episodes in a controlled environment (cooking show set) and even then it was hard to get the results we wanted, so I can appreciate how difficult it must have been..especially with high wind.

Do you or have you worked with food and cooking? I'm in the process of putting together a pitch for funding for doing some food/cooking/street food videos down in the Caribbean and I'm still to find someone with your skills to work with. Start with Trinbago, then work our way up the chain. The guy I worked with is good, but I find that he misses some key elements (angles etc) and does not capture the true emotions.. (scent, taste, appeal of the food)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 07:38:44 AM »
Nice job Preacher.   :beermug:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »
Thanks Pecan....    :beermug:

Jumbie I'm in the process of putting together a pilot to pitch to the Food Network called "Americas Great Home Cooks" 
The key for me is in the pre-production and knowing what you want to capture before hand.  If at all possible I use 2 cameras, that way you'll be set.   Message me we could talk. 

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »
Thanks Pecan....    :beermug:

Jumbie I'm in the process of putting together a pilot to pitch to the Food Network called "Americas Great Home Cooks" 
The key for me is in the pre-production and knowing what you want to capture before hand.  If at all possible I use 2 cameras, that way you'll be set.   Message me we could talk. 

Cool.. I'll msg you when I have some spare time. re: 2 cameras... no question, you'll need at least 2. We tried with one camera and even with good editing, a lot was lost (not captured).

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 06:28:21 PM »
Preacher, check this out. Toussaint Louverture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm-PSDkMKuw&feature=related

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »
They made sure we knew everything about he.  :)   Major figure for history in the western hemisphere.  USA and South/Central America owns him much props. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 03:10:36 PM »
Toussaint

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
It looks great.  We need more films like this.  I waiting for the one on how the Israelites get sold to America and the Caribbean.  That would be a film.

1]; } ?>