March 29, 2024, 01:56:17 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).  (Read 139306 times)

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador game (11-Feb-2009).
« Reply #840 on: February 12, 2009, 01:40:09 AM »
this is a perfect timing for scolari

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 12, 2009, 03:05:21 AM »
this is a perfect timing for scolari
If you feel scolari does go slumming then somebody told you wrong!

that man is ah clas act , why in the fack would he want to work for payless jack warner.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 12, 2009, 04:57:36 AM »
After scoring the 2 goals,we got very lackadaisical that was compounded by Chris getting subbed because I cannot see what Leon brought to the game that Chris did not,that was a major drop off right there,Chris looked disappointed coming off
Could someone tell me the logic in SJ taking that penalty after he blew it in the Mexico game in the last Hex he should be no way close to the penalty spot again
KJ worked hard I think he was not getting the service in the right areas for him to do his stuff,Carlos did not bring his best on crosses last night and at times to me it appears he was trying to do too much and that caused him to get into trouble
I was looking forward to Russell coming in the last 20 minutes to take the air out of the ball
I could see at least two changes for the next game...Roberts and James coming in
Rastafari

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CTnTWorld - Thank you!
« Reply #843 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:26 AM »
Everyone I knew outside of Trinidad was watching
the game on the Net, and for this, thank you C!

Not once did the stream via C buffer.
Hopefully, C will show all games live.

Unlike the T&T XI, nice job C!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 12, 2009, 08:01:47 AM »
Stern and Pacho cost us 2 points, end of story...hopefully thats the last we see of them in the Hex.

Thats the end of our world cup dream right there...allyuh really feel Mexico, USA, Honduras or Costa Rica going to drop points to El Salvador????   :rotfl:   :'(

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #845 on: February 12, 2009, 08:21:05 AM »
I beg to differ...the couple plays you talking about were very tough.....can't realistically expect Glen to make something out of nothing....

Seen.

I just remembering one in the right corner where he had a throw and it went into Glen and he lost it trying to turn on the man. And another where Glen let a long ball bounce, again trying turn and the defender just cut it out. I just felt like Stern would have been stronger in those situations.

At the end of the day I just real disappointed.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 12, 2009, 08:27:27 AM »
Stern and Pacho cost us 2 points, end of story...hopefully thats the last we see of them in the Hex.

Thats the end of our world cup dream right there...allyuh really feel Mexico, USA, Honduras or Costa Rica going to drop points to El Salvador????   :rotfl:   :'(
:'( Thats not sarcasm is it .

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 12, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »

:'( Thats not sarcasm is it .
wid Arrow
Of course not :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 13, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
Question: Remember in the 2nd half when the ES keeper came out and I think KJ put the ball in the net with a defender on the line, what was the reason it was called back?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 13, 2009, 12:57:32 PM »
Question: Remember in the 2nd half when the ES keeper came out and I think KJ put the ball in the net with a defender on the line, what was the reason it was called back?

offside...

many people wrongly believe that the rule is one defender at least must be between you and the goal line to be onside.

However it is actually two defenders. The goalkeeper is included. So KJ was behind the keeper with only one player on the line! OFFSIDE

Follow?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 13, 2009, 01:03:36 PM »
Got it, thanks.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 13, 2009, 01:04:45 PM »

i think it had to be offside on the initial through pass, because when the ref blow it had a defender on the line keeping everyone on..

and even the initial call was wrong.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 13, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »
Nah omar, the rule is the attacker has to be at least in line with the 2nd to last opponent, not the last.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 13, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »
Nah omar, the rule is the attacker has to be at least in line with the 2nd to last opponent, not the last.

oh hor, well i go hadda see that again.

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 13, 2009, 03:39:25 PM »

oh hor, well i go hadda see that again.

The goalkeeper counts as an opponent
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: February 13, 2009, 03:44:54 PM »
:)

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 14, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »
I beg to differ...the couple plays you talking about were very tough.....can't realistically expect Glen to make something out of nothing....

Seen.

I just remembering one in the right corner where he had a throw and it went into Glen and he lost it trying to turn on the man. And another where Glen let a long ball bounce, again trying turn and the defender just cut it out. I just felt like Stern would have been stronger in those situations.

At the end of the day I just real disappointed.

i hear uh

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 15, 2009, 01:09:56 AM »

Freal ent dey cost us 2 points....u eh see how pacho kickdown d el salvadorian RIGHT outside d box for d first freekick da dey score....and leh we doh talk bout stern tackle outside d box in d final minute of d game for dem to score d equalizer.
Well arrow seeing dat in your opinion it is d end of our world cup dream is best u give d website a rest until d nex set of wc qualifiers for 2014, right now we could do without yuh negative vibes......an doh even bother to look at no more games or nun eh doh waste yuh time on d warriors bcuz like u say its the end of our world cup dream....hey atleast yuh go have more time on your hands so yuh could start back playing hop scotch an ting

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 15, 2009, 04:56:53 AM »

Freal ent dey cost us 2 points....u eh see how pacho kickdown d el salvadorian RIGHT outside d box for d first freekick da dey score....and leh we doh talk bout stern tackle outside d box in d final minute of d game for dem to score d equalizer.
Well arrow seeing dat in your opinion it is d end of our world cup dream is best u give d website a rest until d nex set of wc qualifiers for 2014, right now we could do without yuh negative vibes......an doh even bother to look at no more games or nun eh doh waste yuh time on d warriors bcuz like u say its the end of our world cup dream....hey atleast yuh go have more time on your hands so yuh could start back playing hop scotch an ting
Breds you've been had! this man arrow does be on kicks all the time, take every thing he post with a grain of salt, BC he's the king of sarcasm. i and all get catch a few times, and have responded emotionally like ah boo boo and get trapped like ah hungry ribbit, and have ppl laughing @ me. oh well , yuh live and learn.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:00:45 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Help me please..Stern missed penalty vz El Salvador
« Reply #859 on: April 26, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »
anyone..please help... I dont know how to go back and look for old posts da da da ...and Small Mag in Manchester

but when Stern Missed the penalty in El Salvador ... Disgruntled Trini said that Messi would " NEVER" miss a penalty in an Important game...can someone post this for me ???

and this is not about Disgruntled.. or Stern..or Messi.. its about football..and how little we know about it....

its Theater...let the movie play....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
please help me here...Stern missed penalty vz El Salvador
« Reply #860 on: April 26, 2012, 11:16:39 PM »
anyone..please help... I dont know how to go back and look for old posts da da da ...and Small Mag in Manchester

but when Stern Missed the penalty in El Salvador ... Disgruntled Trini said that Messi would " NEVER" miss a penalty in an Important game...can someone post this for me ???

and this is not about Disgruntled.. or Stern..or Messi.. its about football..and how little we know about it....

its Theater...let the movie play....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: please help me here...Stern missed penalty vz El Salvador
« Reply #861 on: April 26, 2012, 11:24:37 PM »
Lord, Disgruntled having a rough week. He alive still?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: please help me here...Stern missed penalty vz El Salvador
« Reply #862 on: April 26, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »
DHW...as i said ..its not about Disgruntled... a big point is here

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 27, 2012, 05:05:42 AM »
DHW...as i said ..its not about Disgruntled... a big point is here

yeah, good pt.  cyar believe men does really argue bout players missing penalties, is one ting if a player conversion rate is poor, then he should not be taking penalties in de 1st place, but once a player have a high conversion rate, (8-10 in every 10 matches IMO is excellent), den yuh cyar fault when he miss, luck of de draw
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 27, 2012, 06:48:47 AM »
ah suppose messi was also in d middle of ah poor run of form, forget all d shit talk for ah minute, forget d stern john love hate for minute, let us think logically about what would have been d best course of action given the circumstances, tink about Stern mental...given aforementioned poor run of form and the fact that we had ah more viable solution in DY at d time....d problem wit trinis is dat we does always fail to see d bigger picture......especially given we knack for unflinchin "frenism"   
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>