March 28, 2024, 04:44:21 PM

Author Topic: T&T combine coming to Brooklyn.  (Read 17235 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T combine coming to Brooklyn.
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:15:25 AM »
T&T combine coming to Brooklyn.

Trinidad & Tobago International Combine is a one day annual showcase for players that live in the United States that were either born in Trinidad & Tobago or have Trinidadian parentage.

The try-outs are only for players born in 1996 and 1997. This event will be held in Brooklyn, New York on Sunday 6th May, 2012 at Old Boys High Field located on 777 Rutland Road Brooklyn, New York at 1:30pm.

This event will be hosted by C.H.A.M.P.S. Soccer Academy in conjunction with Central Brooklyn Soccer Federation. For additional information please call 718-484-4732 or e-mail champsinfo@champsacademy.com. Players will be evaluated and data will be forwarded to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation for review and possible selection.

The Soca Warriors Online (SWO) will be sending a few potential prospects.

Meanwhile, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is currently preparing for the qualification phase of FIFA Under 17 World Cup to be held in United Arab Emirates late in 2013 and is looking for players that live abroad that have exceptional ability and can represent Trinidad & Tobago.

Qualification will begin in July 2012 for eventual participation in the CONCACAF Men’s Under 17 Championship that will be held in Panama from April 6-19, 2013. The four top teams from this tournament will qualify for the FIFA 2013 Under 17 World Cup in the UAE.

To be considered for the screening, participants must meet the following requirements:

1. Must be born in 1996 or 1997.
2. Hold a valid Trinidad & Tobago passport in conjunction with a US Green Card.
3. Hold a valid US passport and parents and/or grandparents must be born in Trinidad & Tobago.
4. Currently playing for a US club team and possess a valid league ID.
5. Bring a copy of their birth certificate or passport.

Note: Players should pre-register by calling 718-484-4732 or via e-mail at champsinfo@champsacademy.com . In addition, players should wear a white jersey, red pants and white socks.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T combine coming to Brooklyn.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »
Hold a valid Trinidad & Tobago passport in conjunction with a US Green Card.

Frankly, IMV, this should not be made an absolute ... organizers should extend the opportunity to players who are eligible to hold a T&T passport. The actual physical passport shouldn't be made an obstacle to consideration.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:43:25 PM »
Good point asylumseeker. Parentage and eligibility should be the requirement. Most kids born in the USA of Trinidad parents have a US Passport.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
Hold a valid Trinidad & Tobago passport in conjunction with a US Green Card.

Frankly, IMV, this should not be made an absolute ... organizers should extend the opportunity to players who are eligible to hold a T&T passport. The actual physical passport shouldn't be made an obstacle to consideration.

I think the notice is poorly worded and some of those items are meant to be either/or.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
Good point asylumseeker. Parentage and eligibility should be the requirement. Most kids born in the USA of Trinidad parents have a US Passport.
       Not most all of them have one because they can't go anywhere,do they have a T&T passport?why shouldn't it be a requirement?it have players that missed out on playing for T&T because they didn't have one,every time you call one of those players they don't have one and the Federation or their parents have to be scrambling to get one for them ask Deleon. could players represent the country if they don't have a T&T passport?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 03:41:32 PM »
What about the youths in New Jersey... and DC.. and Miami?  How they supposed to afford to come to this combine?  Organizers need to make sure they hold tryouts in all these cities and stop discriminating against footballers from outside NYC.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:43:13 PM by Bakes »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
What about the youths in New Jersey... and DC.. and Miami?  How they supposed to afford to come to this combine?  Organizers need to make sure they hold tryouts in all these cities and stop discriminating against footballers from outside NYC.

And the West Coast!  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
I'm sorry guys but i trying to understand what's going on with our Football,who is T&T Combine?  anybody knew of this organization before today?  what part of the US are they based?    who are the people that run this organization?  are they sanctioned by the US,T&T etc etc ?    why is it only in Bklyn and is Bklyn the best place in NY for an event like this?  how many players can Boys High accommodate at any one time plus the place is not condusive for an event like this,that place don't even have somehere for players to change.

It seems like anybody can organize a group and run a Tryout and send some players for the TTFF and they have to accept,if you doing something like this somebody from the TTFF should be invited.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »
I'm sorry guys but i trying to understand what's going on with our Football,who is T&T Combine?  anybody knew of this organization before today?  what part of the US are they based?    who are the people that run this organization?  are they sanctioned by the US,T&T etc etc ?    why is it only in Bklyn and is Bklyn the best place in NY for an event like this?  how many players can Boys High accommodate at any one time plus the place is not condusive for an event like this,that place don't even have somehere for players to change.

It seems like anybody can organize a group and run a Tryout and send some players for the TTFF and they have to accept,if you doing something like this somebody from the TTFF should be invited.

Anton might be going.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 05:58:07 PM »
How are players to know about this ? Are they invite or jus supposed to know trinidad holding a tryouts in Brooklyn ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
How are players to know about this ? Are they invite or jus supposed to know trinidad holding a tryouts in Brooklyn ?

Be thankful dey eh say come Tdad.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 07:34:49 PM »
        T&T not holding no Tryouts in Bklyn,up to now nobody could say who T&T Combine is.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »
        T&T not holding no Tryouts in Bklyn,up to now nobody could say who T&T Combine is.
Come coops man. keep de integrity of de ting genuine not dis-regarding Bakes point about the organization themselves being impartial to ballers outside de Tristate Region. It is a splendid idea and ah cant for the life of me see why yuh went all "policeman" on de idea. You is a fella will normally give a idea a chance; yuh state yuh dislikes but yuh still give it a chance. What happen dis time? Leh we check de scene nah!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 08:07:07 PM »
Come coops man. keep de integrity of de ting genuine not dis-regarding Bakes point about the organization themselves being impartial to ballers outside de Tristate Region. It is a splendid idea and ah cant for the life of me see why yuh went all "policeman" on de idea. You is a fella will normally give a idea a chance; yuh state yuh dislikes but yuh still give it a chance. What happen dis time? Leh we check de scene nah!
       Alright i hear you,i just don't want to hear the remarks that was stated about Tryouts in Tobago to be said about this one,what stood out for me was the "after thought" and fairness Tobago players get. 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »

Coop's you ever have an answer or solution? You always have questions. Give thanks sometimes nah man.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 10:04:06 PM »
       Alright i hear you,i just don't want to hear the remarks that was stated about Tryouts in Tobago to be said about this one,what stood out for me was the "after thought" and fairness Tobago players get. 
Appreciate yuh fairness. On de Tobago issue ah feel yuh. As unfair as de system is like you, I recognize that yuh still have to be grateful to fellas like tallman and others who have to go hunting to get some of these stories. It is painstakingly difficult to get a constant feed of information especially from the sista isle and before some go bashing dey should see how dey could put dey hand; hold de slack! You know more than everybody sometimes you livin in de hood and cya find out what time yuh village team playin, who dey playin, who startin. There will probably never be equal footing in the support structure between Trin & Tbgo. Tobago have 4 murders trinidad have 400. De disparity exists across the board.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 10:06:53 PM »

Nah Coop's Boys High can hold two American football teams and it have lockers and showers... I think you thinking about the school at 1700 Fulton... but this ent the school... this is the athletic field up in Midwood.

----------------------

btw... I wasn't exactly being serious about that Brooklyn talk, just underscoring that at combines like these is up to the players to find their way there.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »
how about no tryouts ??..how about no combine ??.. how about no Brooklyn ??...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 05:20:06 AM »
Coop's you ever have an answer or solution? You always have questions. Give thanks sometimes nah man.

Elan, good post !!!

Some people never happy.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 06:30:25 AM »

Nah Coop's Boys High can hold two American football teams and it have lockers and showers... I think you thinking about the school at 1700 Fulton... but this ent the school... this is the athletic field up in Midwood.

----------------------

btw... I wasn't exactly being serious about that Brooklyn talk, just underscoring that at combines like these is up to the players to find their way there.

Bakes thanks for the updates.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 06:49:27 AM »

To be honest i don't have any answers and solutions for T&T Football,from what i'm seeing like nobody has,i ask questions because i want to know what's going on,i depend on this site for information and i appreciate the articles from Tallman,Flex,Bakes and some of the other posters on here.You will never see when i give thanks for anything.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 08:19:23 AM »
Coops, de number they in de article, why yuh eh call if you have all these f00cking questions and concerns ?

Good going by C.H.A.M.P.S. Soccer Academy, at least they helping

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
Ah plan on goin this on Sunday, anyone want to meet let me know.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 08:25:47 AM »

Pick up Coop's and carry him.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »

doh forking try dat!
is going yuh say yuh going? jes make sure and chek de tire pressha, brake fluid, oil, transmission fluids and de battreee eh boss! ;D ;D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »
Ok fellas take some pics and  vids of the combine
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »
brooklyn is the best place to have this , or at least start it.

the highest concentration of trinis so more bang for the back.

It is also easy to travel to from anywhere in the country.

JFK and LAG are major airports and you could reach easy from anywhere in the country.

If you good enough and could afford it, make a trip.

In america the better players used to travelling all over the country for Club soccer so this is nothing new.

that is the norm.

Hopefully it organize and they find some prospects......

In general US youth are better prepare that youth playing in TnT so they should find some players to strengthen the team.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 05:53:09 PM »
Didn't make it for the Combine, but saw TD Corneal and Fuentes at the site later. Didn't get to talk to them either.

Anyone who attended have a lil report?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
Any body with info
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 12:30:09 PM »
Coops, de number they in de article, why yuh eh call if you have all these f00cking questions and concerns ?

Good going by C.H.A.M.P.S. Soccer Academy, at least they helping

Sam say de number they in the article,if alyu have any foocking questions and concerns call.T&T Combine coming to Brooklyn my arse,the turn out was excellent.

1]; } ?>