April 18, 2024, 01:27:58 PM

Author Topic: T&T combine coming to Brooklyn.  (Read 17401 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T combine coming to Brooklyn.
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »
was on sports news last night on TV...U17... on a astro turf kinda ting with lines...
Corneal spoke a bit about doing it more...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »
I wouldn't say combine, but rather trials.

I was there, Shaun did a few interviews and should post them soon.

Myself and Anton had a good long talk on T&T football, I was quite happy with the effort made by Batch (the organiser), he have a real good thing going in Brooklyn. The facility is pretty decent and there are kids who are 12 to 14 that looked really composed.

Anton, very down to earth and shared some good input. I told him frankly how I felt about some of the local coaches and teams. He assured me he will make every effort to support more of these trials in search of T&T players. He said he will be aiming to do another one in November.

Anton also assured me that foreign born (grand kids) can obtain T&T passports.....

About the combine, there where a few T&T prospect and to be honest, none did not impress me.

There was a number 5 from Maryland who showed good hustle and a number 11 with a decent left foot, not saying they are not good enough, but unless our guys back home is really weak, cant see any of them making the T&T first team.

However, one have to remember this was a made up team and they were playing together for the first time, I assume if we do more of this you would see a bigger turn out and a better understanding among players.

PS: Saw Irasto Knights there, seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I was a bit disappointed in his attitude. On the other hand, T&T's 1973 goalkeeper Kelvin Barclay was very nice.....

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:46:19 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
Flex,as usual thanks for the feedbacks from this event,i hope in the long run it will benefit T&T Football,good effort by the organizers.I still can't believe there were no prospects.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »
Coops, many of the better players invited did not make the trip.

There were about 8/9 prospects and 2 looked decent and deserve a second look.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »

Myself and Anton had a good long talk on T&T football, I was quite happy with the effort made by Batch (the organiser), he have a real good thing going in Brooklyn. The facility is pretty decent and there are kids who are 12 to 14 that looked really composed.

Anton, very down to earth and shared some good input. I told him frankly how I felt about some of the local coaches and teams. He assured me he will make every effort to support more of these trials in search of T&T players. He said he will be aiming to do another one in November.

Anton also assured me that foreign born (grand kids) can obtain T&T passports.....

About the combine, there where a few T&T prospect and to be honest, none did not impress me.

There was a number 5 from Maryland who showed good hustle and a number 11 with a decent left foot, not saying they are not good enough, but unless our guys back home is really weak, cant see any of them making the T&T first team.

However, one have to remember this was a made up team and they were playing together for the first time, I assume if we do more of this you would see a bigger turn out and a better understanding among players.

PS: Saw Irasto Knights there, seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I was a bit disappointed in his attitude. On the other hand, T&T's 1973 goalkeeper Kelvin Barclay was very nice.....

Good looking out Flex!   :thumbsup:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2012, 03:44:09 AM »
I to was impress with the facility, I came a little late and spoke to Batch, very nice fella.

I end up watching a piece of de NY Caribbean Cup game with T&T vs Guyana and Haiti vs Grenada was de next match, T&T uniform real ugly and tame, a disgrace if you ask me, even Guyana looked better.

Nice little session there and de corn soup was nice to.

They had a good DJ there and about 300 people, nice vibes man....

Batch need to get together with Flex and promote games, expand nah so de stadium can full up..

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2012, 05:15:20 AM »
I to was impress with the facility, I came a little late and spoke to Batch, very nice fella.

I end up watching a piece of de NY Caribbean Cup game with T&T vs Guyana and Haiti vs Grenada was de next match, T&T uniform real ugly and tame, a disgrace if you ask me, even Guyana looked better.

Nice little session there and de corn soup was nice to.

They had a good DJ there and about 300 people, nice vibes man....

Batch need to get together with Flex and promote games, expand nah so de stadium can full up..

Which facility was used?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2012, 07:38:35 AM »

I am sorry to hear many of the better players did not make the trip and hope the organizers will do this again in order to get a better response.
        I am very glad you got an opportunity to speak with Anton personally and realize the man is not what most on the forum think he is,i just think if we could develope a relationship with the man we will not have to be guessing and not sure about what his plans are,what direction our Football is taking etc etc i am looking forward to the interviews

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 07:42:25 AM »

I am sorry to hear many of the better players did not make the trip and hope the organizers will do this again in order to get a better response.
        I am very glad you got an opportunity to speak with Anton personally and realize the man is not what most on the forum think he is,i just think if we could develope a relationship with the man we will not have to be guessing and not sure about what his plans are,what direction our Football is taking etc etc i am looking forward to the interviews

Anton is actually a really cool fella.  Very pleasant, down to earth and easy to talk to.....he's just not quite good at what he does as far as coaching is concerned.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »
Coops agreed.... however, this was the first time I met Anton in person and while I was happy with the way we get along, I also want to see some action, which he assured me we will see changes but not drastic changes because the federation does not have the money to make drastic and immediate changes.

Batch (Anthony Lambert) the owner is doing an excellent job. He was the one who wanted to start a Pro team in T&T (Marabella Flames) and ran into some problems with the league admin, he said they were very unprofessional and he couldn't deal with it anymore and left. There lost if you asked me.

And Mango Chow the field used was Old Boys High Field the home of C.H.A.M.P.S. Soccer Academy.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2012, 08:36:29 AM »
Coops agreed.... however, this was the first time I met Anton in person and while I was happy with the way we get along, I also want to see some action, which he assured me we will see changes but not drastic changes because the federation does not have the money to make drastic and immediate changes.

...then they should start by getting rid of people dead weight.

Batch (Anthony Lambert) the owner is doing an excellent job. He was the one who wanted to start a Pro team in T&T (Marabella Flames) and ran into some problems with the league admin, he said they were very unprofessional and he couldn't deal with it anymore and left. There lost if you asked me.

No surprise there.

And Mango Chow the field used was Old Boys High Field the home of C.H.A.M.P.S. Soccer Academy.

Ok, thanks, Flex...Troy and Maple...will try and make next time to check out the scenes.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »
Flex you going for ah Morpheous look or wha? Batch ent aging at all.

de youthman in de blue socks on de right is we partner son, he used to come out and sweat in de Paedergat.
100% Barataria go know who ah talking bout.

De goalkeeper and the skinny man next to him looking familiar too.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »
FF, give me a lil more credit nah... Morpheus....  ;D

Player (in my eyes) from the picture (front left) - 1, 2 and 7 looked decent.... again though, this was the first time they played with each other, so one cannot expect them to play to their full potential..

Player 2 (Jassiem Wahtuse). ARTICLE HERE

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
Positive start to North American combine.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Technical Director Anton Corneal expressed a sense of optimism following Sunday’s combine for North American-based players at the Old Boys High Field ground in Brooklyn, New York.

Staged in conjunction with the Champs Soccer Academy and the Central Brooklyn Soccer Federation, a total of  eight players eligible of representing Trinidad and Tobago at the Under 17 level and thirteen  Under 12 players, were present at the two-hour session which was witnessed by Corneal. This was Corneal’s first overseas scouting assignment since taking up the position of technical director earlier this year.

Trinidadians Anthony Lambert, Dario Trujillo and Dr Michael Hamlet were instrumental in setting up the combine through their affiliation with the Champs Soccer Academy which is home to several players from the Caribbean that are based in the Brooklyn area in New York. Lambert is the CEO and director of Champs Academy while Trujillo is the regional senior vice president and also a youth coach within the academy.

Corneal sees potential and praised the efforts of the Champs Academy and Central Brooklyn Federation.

“I thought it went well for a start. We are very pleased to see that this is being organized in the United States because it gives players an opportunity to know that they are not being left out. It is only going to grow and I pray that the groups up here will get together and see this as a way of them looking forward to us coming here and vice-versa,” Corneal told TTFF Media.

Corneal added that in future players from other age groups will have the opportunity to display their ability.

“At another time we will have other age groups for boys and girls in the Under 15s and Under 20 age groups and players eligible for our senior team will also get that chance.

This is now going to challenge the players back home because they are no longer the only ones being seen by national coaches.  We probably will not get 15 or 20 players to make up a national team but if we get one or two players then it’s definitely going to be a plus for us.”

Some past national players including 1974 World Cup team goalkeeper Kelvin Barclay and George Romano were also present at the Old Boys field.

Lambert, who holds a  coaching Diploma in both the State and Regional Level from the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA), gave the assurance that the relevant information pertaining to US-based players will be passed on to the TTFF on an ongoing basis and he intends to continue a relationship between both bodies.

“The objective of this was to get the players based in the North American area to come out and expose themselves and it’s  a step in the right direction for us,” Lambert said.

“It’s about creating a platform to get the players at the various age groups to come out and showcase their talent to give the coaches from the national teams program to have that opportunity to see the players available for possible national selection.

The kids have that desire and the more opportunity to create for them then the more they will be encouraged to work towards becoming better and giving us the possibility of increasing our pool of players,” Lambert added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=353k6mMghLc#t=140s

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 03:19:09 PM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 06:48:11 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/b49M_Ki_WM8&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/b49M_Ki_WM8&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 05:10:57 AM »
RDS Announces New Summer Camp Options in Brooklyn
rbnytraining.com

Red Bulls RDS is delighted to announce a brand new summer camp partnership, with C.H.A.M.P.S. Academy, of Brooklyn, NY. This partnership will bring an additional RDS summer camp option to the borough of Brooklyn, offering a five day camp opportunity at the beautiful turf facility at Old Boys High School, during the week of Monday, July 16th, to Friday, July 20th.

C.H.A.M.P.S. (Children Happy And Motivated Playing Soccer) Soccer Academy is a dedicated nurturing soccer farm system for both boys and girls in the Brooklyn Community. C.H.A.M.P.S. Academy serves as a platform for passionate young soccer players eager to achieve their true potential and allows them the opportunity to raise the bar and attain an excellent academic and soccer experience. 

“Our players come from different backgrounds and countries but they speak the universal language of soccer” says C.H.A.M.P.S Academy President, Anthony Lambert.

“They all share similar views towards playing soccer, but our Academy creates an environment whereby these players can meet, interact and consequently act together towards a more balanced playing field with their peers.”

For more information on the RDS Summer Camp schedule, or to register online, click here.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 07:09:03 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZ-FTkR48Do" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aZ-FTkR48Do</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 11:28:36 AM »
Any combine  2013 ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »

Finally had the chance to speak with Knights, I asked for an interview and I told him if it will cost, he say he will asked his manager, well, I almost died. He say once he find out from his manager how much to charge me for the interview he will call me back. Out of curiosity I await....

;D

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 02:45:39 PM »
Flex... Irasto does be down on Clermont most Saturday afternoons taking in the over 35 league, occasionally playing.
Just go down dey pass a drink and buy a corn soup for him and you go get ah interview.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »
Dey stchipid!!!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2013, 03:38:17 PM »
Runnin all over de place lookin fuh players ...wha happen to de developmental program in Trinidad?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »
Runnin all over de place lookin fuh players ...wha happen to de developmental program in Trinidad?
There are Trinibagonians living abroad like you ent?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
Flex... Irasto does be down on Clermont most Saturday afternoons taking in the over 35 league, occasionally playing.
Just go down dey pass a drink and buy a corn soup for him and you go get ah interview.

All of a sudden I eh feeling up to it.

;)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
The Technical Director has no clear objectives for the National Program.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »

Finally had the chance to speak with Knights, I asked for an interview and I told him if it will cost, he say he will asked his manager, well, I almost died. He say once he find out from his manager how much to charge me for the interview he will call me back. Out of curiosity I await....

;D

I'm ah a little slow...but what am I missing here??

I want to believe yuh was mamaguying de man when yuh talk bout price right? Hell yuh had to be was mamaguying him!!!

Unless of course yuh accustom paying peeps to interview them? I dunno, I was ah lil lost.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2013, 06:48:32 AM »
Fyzoman, I just getting kicks on him because I know he dont have a manger, he is a gapper in Brooklyn, when I mention it to one of his boys who made the contact, de man was cracking up too.

He had 7 caps for T&T, I doubt I would be paying for any interview.

1]; } ?>