April 24, 2024, 08:20:40 AM

Author Topic: John Terry Thread.  (Read 5960 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Terry Thread.
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »
Terry had not yet grown into himself. He was short. He was pudgy. He played midfield.

The coaches knew he had something. “In football, you have leaders and followers, and he was always a leader on the pitch and off the pitch,” said Tony Carroll, Senrab’s secretary. “He was always combative and competitive, and he inspired people by his performance.”

Terry spent four years at Senrab before Premier League clubs began wooing him for their junior programs. He picked Chelsea, and at 16 left school for good and enrolled in Chelsea’s Youth Training Scheme, a kind of soccer farm team; he was paid £46 a week (about $75).

Apologies for this sequence.....it was Graham Rix who spotted him when he went to watch another Senrab player!! He took him into Chelsea's Youth and converted him into a defender. As much as Rix helped to develop the player, I guess he didn't perfect the man!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Terry Thread.
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 10:59:59 PM »
As I always say....he's a boss of a player..buh...strikes me as a disgusting human being.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>