April 26, 2024, 03:18:11 PM

Author Topic: 2011-2012 NBA Play offs  (Read 38193 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-2012 NBA Play offs
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »
no. 8 seed knock out no. 1 seed....bulls gone
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 10:04:37 PM »
no. 8 seed knock out no. 1 seed....bulls gone
Bulls and Hawks both choked at the free throw lines with the games on the line. Those guys who missed, Horton and the other guy are going to have a loooonnnnngggggggg summer.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »
All day I clicking in here looking for Lakers fans.
I guess they preparing for game 7. I hear them closeout games are kind of easy.

Kicks aside. I think the return of Metta World Peace might make the difference for the Lakers, but Charles Barkley was saying since game 2 that  Denver is not a side to be taken lightly. No matter what though, Bynum getting schooled by a fella whose highlight reel is bloopers on youtube.

Javale!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
All day I clicking in here looking for Lakers fans.
I guess they preparing for game 7. I hear them closeout games are kind of easy.

Kicks aside. I think the return of Metta World Peace might make the difference for the Lakers, but Charles Barkley was saying since game 2 that  Denver is not a side to be taken lightly. No matter what though, Bynum getting schooled by a fella whose highlight reel is bloopers on youtube.

Javale!
Bitter as a Lakers fan I think 1) Gasol should just retire, how many playoff series has this guy been apart of??? That man is just soft, gets out hustle, lacks confidence, I could go on and on but I don't have the energy for him right now. 2) The supporting cast or lack thereof is horrific, seems like everyone's stagnant with very little movement off the ball. Kobe's the only player capable to creating his own shot and when the others do get shot it's bricks most of the time. 3) Mr. Bynum is very immature, sulking and whining when things are not going his way to the point where he's sabotaging the team with his selfishness. He has to key to be a key contributor in other areas (rebounds, blocks) when he's not getting points or as many touches as he would like if he intends to be a superstar or dominant player in the league one day.

I've always had a lot of respect for Denver and I was surprized when we had a 3-1 lead. Yes Metta will help but the team needs to come out and play with some intensity and pride if we want to advance to the next round. The entire country knows that the Nuggets best chance of winning is by playing with high engery, sprinting up and down the floor, out hustling us on the boards, etc. and for us to counteract that, we must match their play from the start and gradually dictate the paste of the game. If we allow them to get a jump start like we've been doing in the last couple of games, they'll thrive on momentum and we'll struggle to play catch up....and more than likely they'll win game 7.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:50:48 PM by soccerman »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2012, 10:50:35 PM »
Wicked game between Lakers and Nuggets right now.  Nuggets fightin tooth and nail!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2012, 11:19:06 PM »
Wicked game between Lakers and Nuggets right now.  Nuggets fightin tooth and nail!

They fight hard to pull ahead, but didn't have anything left for the finish.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »
Metta was the difference in the game... he and Blake.  Even with monster games by Gasol and Bynum (combined 30+ pts, 20+ rebounds and 10 blocks)... the Nuggets were right there.  Refs let Metta manhandle fellas... if that go on next series OKC eh have a prayer, especially since he'll likely be on Durant most of the time.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
Metta was the difference in the game... he and Blake.  Even with monster games by Gasol and Bynum (combined 30+ pts, 20+ rebounds and 10 blocks)... the Nuggets were right there.  Refs let Metta manhandle fellas... if that go on next series OKC eh have a prayer, especially since he'll likely be on Durant most of the time.
u is ah madman to think lakers beatin OKC

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2012, 10:33:22 AM »

I didn't say Lakers beating OKC... ah say is refs allow Metta to manhandle Durant OKC eh winning. 

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »

I didn't say Lakers beating OKC... ah say is refs allow Metta to manhandle Durant OKC eh winning. 
means lakers winnin.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »
 :rotfl:

On Pau, is long time Pau hot and cold, I stop gehin vex, sheep cyar generate leopard spots.  Only way Pau will get rough/aggressive consistently is either to be born again or pick up a baddest from south central
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2012, 03:40:41 PM »

On Pau, is long time Pau hot and cold, I stop gehin vex, sheep cyar generate leopard spots.  Only way Pau will get rough/aggressive consistently is either to be born again or pick up a baddest from south central

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2012, 08:21:48 PM »
means lakers winnin.

Yes... qualified by the "if" part ah de statement dat yuh leaving out  ;)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »

Boy dat man does fraustrate me in de playoffs...if he could give us that type of agression/intensity some more in the playoffs we will reach far and his name will not be on the trading block. During de playoffs last year he gyal leave him and he didn't show up atall, my boy had ah serious tabanca so maybe ah baddest from south central will rough him up a lil bit and he go bring dat intensity on de court.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2012, 06:07:13 AM »
Wade and Lebron really turned it on in the 2nd half.  I hope Bosh is not out for too long. 

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »
OKC come out firing on all cylinders.
I thought they would be rusty, but instead they were apparently just restless waiting for the 2nd round.

Plenty time though, both in this game and this series.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
Westbrook is abusing Blake in this 3rd qtr.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »
OKC put down ah serious cutass on the Lakers tonight... Metta wasn't much of a factor, Durant did his thing and Metta couldn't really get physical with him.  They need Perkins to heal up though, they'll need that size against the Lakers bigs going forward.  Kobe not likely to have another bad night like he had tonight and some of them OKC jumpers might not fall in LA.  They need to keep getting in the lane and to the line... dribble penetration killed LA tonight, particularly off the pick and roll.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »
We got a good old fashioned southwest beat down!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2012, 07:18:22 AM »
 :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
OKC come out firing on all cylinders.
I thought they would be rusty, but instead they were apparently just restless waiting for the 2nd round.

Plenty time though, both in this game and this series.
dais de problem..all dem old veteran team does always win on grit and experience
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »
what MVP doesn't close games, misses 2 free throws at the end and doesn't take the last shot? lbj making it easy for the haters. 
kobe and mj cud be 0-20 and would still take that 3 to win

durant was robbed and he would have also closed that game out
whey boy!

giggsy11

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »
what MVP doesn't close games, misses 2 free throws at the end and doesn't take the last shot? lbj making it easy for the haters. 

The man pass the ball tuh Wade and instead of making himself available tuh a possible return pass, ( he was open for that by the way if he just move tuh the top of the key) stay where he was and then decide tuh run in tuh get a possible rebound after Wade flipped a shot up! Lebron is a posser!

giggsy11

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »
Lebron is the first superstar I see that his peers have no problem calling him out in media! It does not appear that he is liked very much by his peers! Fraud that he is!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »
Heat playin timid.

giggsy11

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
I wish Lebron would just admit he is Robin and Wade is Batman so people will stop having these expectations of him! Just not fair!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2012, 10:54:09 PM »

Anybody who criticizing LeBron over that play simply doh know basketball.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2012, 07:02:09 AM »
Doctor: Bulls' Rose out 8-12 months

CHICAGO (AP)
The doctor who operated on Derrick Rose's knee insists the Chicago Bulls' star can dominate again.

It will take time, though.

Rose faces a recovery of eight months to a year.

The assessment by team physician Dr. Brian Cole on Tuesday means the point guard could return around mid-January to early February, or miss next season. The doctor added there is a chance Rose could be back sooner, but ''we're not going to rush it.''

The Bulls had already said Rose has a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. Cole said there were also two tears in his meniscus cartilage.

He said Rose is ''doing great,'' that the surgery went ''extremely well'' and he can still be an explosive player.

''It's impossible to predict tomorrow,'' Cole said during a news conference at Chicago's Rush University Medical Center. ''Statistically, he should be that player and then some. That doesn't mean he's guaranteed. It's a whole lot better than we were accustomed to years ago. The ligament is one thing and the meniscus is another. Getting all the things to heal appropriately is really our goal in the early phases. Then, it's rehab, conditioning — getting his brain connected to his knee, basically.''

General manager Gar Forman insisted the Bulls won't rush Rose, that they are more focused on the long term than the short-term hit they'll take without him. The GM is ''hopeful'' and ''optimistic'' his franchise player will return next season but isn't sure he will.

''In putting this team together, everything was looking at the big picture, long term,'' Forman said. ''I think it's our job to stay focused on that and to continue to look at what we feel is a long window of opportunity to have success and that's how we'll approach it.''

Rose had surgery on Saturday after being injured two weeks earlier in Chicago's playoff-opening win over Philadelphia, a major blow for a team eyeing its first championship since the Michael Jordan-Scottie Pippen era. The Bulls simply weren't the same without their superstar point guard and bowed out in six games, making them the fifth top seed to lose to an eighth seed.

Chicago was closing out a 103-91 victory in Game 1 and Rose was showing his MVP form when everything changed.

He came to a jump stop in the lane with about 1:20 left and his leg buckled. He went up again and passed to Carlos Boozer in midair before crashing to the court, sending a chill through the arena.

That certainly wasn't what the Bulls envisioned after capturing home-court advantage throughout the playoffs for the second straight season despite a long list of injuries. They were eyeing another big run after losing to Miami in the Eastern Conference finals last season, but with their leading scorer sidelined, they made an early exit, becoming the second No. 1 seed in two years to fall in the first round.

Rose averaged 21.8 points and 7.9 assists, but had trouble staying healthy after capturing the MVP a year ago. He missed 27 games because of groin, back, toe, foot and ankle problems that the team does not think led to the ACL tear.

''This could be anything from a completely random event — which in a non-contact injury, most of the time that's what it is — to maybe conditioning,'' Cole said. ''We'll never know with certainty. My feeling is it's more likely than not a very random even that happened. If you watch the video, you can see ... the forces are just right to tear the ligament.''

He also pointed out that Rose did not tear the medial collateral ligament, making the preparation for the surgery easier.

Cole said patients generally start running about three months after surgery, and trainer Fred Tedeschi said players start shooting around that time. From there, they progress to cutting activities and increase the workload from there.

Whether Rose spends part of his offseason working out in Los Angeles as he usually does or stays in Chicago, Tedeschi said the Bulls will have someone with him monitoring his rehab.

Cole also said Rose should play once he's ready, that he doesn't necessarily recommend sitting out the season as a precaution.

RING ME UP
LeBron wants off this list of the best NBA players without a title.
''There's a lot of benefit to playing when he's safe,'' Cole said. ''Whether he has to go 40 minutes, that's a different story. Just getting out there and playing when he's able, that's when his exponential growth is going to come. Lots of athletes go back and play at a very high level but not necessarily initially at the level they were pre-injury.''

The Bulls were a different team in the playoffs once Rose went down, after going 18-9 without him in the regular season.

Making matters worse, they lost center Joakim Noah to a sprained left ankle in Game 3 and fell into a 3-1 hole before injecting some drama back into the series.

Besides the injuries to Rose, they were without Richard Hamilton for most of the year because of a variety of ailments.

Then, there's All-Star Luol Deng. He played a significant portion of the season with a torn ligament in his left wrist and has said several times that he plans to represent Britain at the Olympics in London.

Forman basically sidestepped questions about that, saying, ''We want to sit down with him and have that conversation with him and our medical staff. I think it would be premature to speculate on anything until we've had a chance to sit down with him. Obviously, we know it's very, very important to him and we want to support our players. The biggest thing is Luol's health.''

Forman also said the Bulls will exercise their contract option for next season on coach Tom Thibodeau and will try to negotiate a new deal.

1]; } ?>