April 27, 2024, 03:00:53 PM

Author Topic: Welcome back, Candice! Beauty queen wakes up for Mother's Day  (Read 1871 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Welcome back, Candice!
By: Lasana Liburd (Wire868)

...Beauty queen wakes up for Mother's Day

Trinidad and Tobago and W Connection FC goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams, 27, said "hello babes" into his cell phone receiver, held his breath and waited.

"Yes babes?" a familiar voice responded, from the other end.

It was Wednesday 9 May 2012 and Williams, the Connection captain, had just arrived for club training at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva with his teammate Clyde Leon, who drove them there.

"Dawg, I going up the road," said Williams.

Leon handed him the car keys. Connection would have to wait. Candice Worrell, Williams' fiancée, had just spoken to her beloved for the first time in 110 days.

Almost four months after a brutal attack outside her Jenexcon Engineering workplace in Montrose, Couva that sent her into a coma, Worrell was finally back.

"I think I reached up the road (to the St James Medical Complex) in two minutes," said Williams. "I didn't say a word to the coach or anybody else. I just went straight up the road."

The former St Anthony's College schoolboy tried to describe his feelings at hearing her voice but failed.
When Williams sprinted into his 29-year-old fiancée's hospital room, Worrell, a health and safety officer, turned her head to face him and smiled. It was the smile that gave her a second and more glamorous occupation as a model and beauty queen.

READ MORE...

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome back, Candice! Beauty queen wakes up for Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
aaaaawwww......I'm all choked up.....ah happy for he and she and all dey family.....

But something in the story came out that I never knew before.  It appears as though somebody saw the attacker.....I didn't know that.  I thought the worker from downstairs found her after the whole ordeal was over??   hhhhhmmmm.....that must be so frustrating!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »
Hope and pray everything turns out right for Jan, his fiance and child.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
Such an uplifiting story on so many levels in the face of extreme adversity.

Wishing them both and their family the very best....especially Candice!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »
Hope and pray everything turns out right for Jan, his fiance and child.
aaaaawwww......I'm all choked up.....ah happy for he and she and all dey family.....

But something in the story came out that I never knew before.  It appears as though somebody saw the attacker.....I didn't know that.  I thought the worker from downstairs found her after the whole ordeal was over??   hhhhhmmmm.....that must be so frustrating!!!....

True indeed. I was choking up too, Brown Sugar. It's a beautiful thing to know that she recovered. I wish her and Jan all the best. God is good.

Policing 101. On another note, every police station in Trinidad & Tobago should have a sketch artist to capture the criminal's image from the eyewitness while it is still fresh in his or her mind. It maybe too late now for the eyewitness to recall that idiot's face. This should be a part of the system to combat crime in TnT.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:15:22 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
My gosh I just went soft. This is so  so uplifting. I hope that this comes to a satisfactory outcome, meaning the perp, is caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
Best news 4 d week.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »
Heart breaking and heart warming. I pray that Candice recovers fully with minimal trauma and physical evidence. I will never understand EVIL people. Glad to see the outpouring of support for them.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »
Yeaaahhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!! If I'm being honest I've been avoiding this story terrified that she might not make it  ... so to hear this is a huge relief ... JAN way to stick by yuh woman horse ... phew !!

1]; } ?>