April 18, 2024, 06:37:01 PM

Author Topic: IPAD APP  (Read 2291 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
IPAD APP
« on: May 08, 2012, 03:05:47 PM »
Looking for a good steelpan app for ipad.

while yuh at it name some good apps you have otherwise for ipad2. thanks....
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: IPAD APP
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
Looking for a good steelpan app for ipad.

while yuh at it name some good apps you have otherwise for ipad2. thanks....

See this thread:
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=48187.msg795846#msg795846

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
nuff said but i want more apps too ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »
Jailbreak your iPad  and install iFile , installous and Vlc player from cydia. It practically opens up the device. One app for 14 dollars via cydia makes a great difference is pwntunes. It turns your device into a kinda flash drive. When you plug the iPad into your computer you could copy pics and music straight to it and you don't have to use shitty iTunes again.

Musicbox is a great app, I got it from cydia too. Just type in a song name and it will find it and you could download it. Another great app is youtubetomp3 via cydia. Search a song , and convert it straight to mp3.  Ps express and photo forge are great photo editing  apps.

Other apps that cool
Facebook
Twitter
Team Stream (the bleacher report)
Score centre XL
Kindle
Amazon
Dropbox (must have)

Oh yeah digital pan, it's about 3 dollars in the app store but its high quality and has the full range of steelpans.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:45:58 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 04:39:40 PM »
Sorry to hijack your thread, Morvant, but any forumites invested in the Blackberry playbook? I'm strongly considering purchasing one but I want some opinions from those in the know first. Any input?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »
Sorry to hijack your thread, Morvant, but any forumites invested in the Blackberry playbook? I'm strongly considering purchasing one but I want some opinions from those in the know first. Any input?

You must be in Trinidad... to be coming here asking about Blackberry, lol

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: IPAD APP
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 07:36:46 PM »

Its a failure. RIM lucky to be still alive right about now, financial wise.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:03:25 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »

it goh still be a while yet for BB to do d dodo bird ting in trini...........although digicel and bmobile quietly toning down dey BB campaign, B-mobile switch to "I stuff" and android lil more aggressive dan digicel....in ah passive kinda way ??? :-\ .......trinis still sweet on BBM........jus like how we did feel we did hip if we had ah moto, but it actually had better more advanced phones for cheaper......is ah perpetual cycle wit we.
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »

it goh still be a while yet for BB to do d dodo bird ting in trini...........although digicel and bmobile quietly toning down dey BB campaign, B-mobile switch to "I stuff" and android lil more aggressive dan digicel....in ah passive kinda way ??? :-\ .......trinis still sweet on BBM........jus like how we did feel we did hip if we had ah moto, but it actually had better more advanced phones for cheaper......is ah perpetual cycle wit we.

Im happy i bought a Android phone, i cant see myself using any other OS because of the things it can do. I see my neighbor whith a BlackBerry and ask him why he buy it. His response is because he see all he friends have it , sigh  ::) is like a follow fashion thing.

edit: talking about phone , you see digicel getting 4G too?

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/v/289874224432674" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.facebook.com/v/289874224432674</a>

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:58:24 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 08:04:37 AM »

Im happy i bought a Android phone, i cant see myself using any other OS because of the things it can do. I see my neighbor whith a BlackBerry and ask him why he buy it. His response is because he see all he friends have it , sigh  ::) is like a follow fashion thing.

edit: talking about phone , you see digicel getting 4G too?

didn' notice bout d digicel 4G, my brother buy ah ICE mobile dual sim and he can't done talk about d amount are appz an ting he download and using I still ent get on d smart phone bandwagon yet doh........might get ah ICE mobile mihself since bmobile force mih to get a digicel sim wit dat shit dey doing with d "free" top up now..........I real disappointed trinis taking dat so quiet....is all kinda madness yuh cyar call\text digicel  phones wit it no more yuh cyar even call fuuckin TSTT and bmo own voicemail with it, so I say fuuck dem.... buy a digicel sim(my phone dualsim) and split my cellphone budget in half....leh dey haul dey mudda quunt
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:06:13 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 09:22:39 AM »

I purchased one for a family member who already has a company Blackberry (in the Caribbean). It is a slick device. Right now same price as the kindle fire for the 16gb version, with more memory and a faster processor. With the new OS update, it can also run a lot of android apps. You need to do a lil something to convert them, but over 400 converted apps are already here: http://goodereader.com/apps/category/playbook/

Personally, I don't have much use for a tablet, to me it's just a slick toy. But for her, it will replace her laptop (I also got her a bluetooth keyboard case) and with tethering to her blackberry, suits her needs perfectly. Appointments, emails, contacts, and the occasional office document. And we side-loaded the kindle app for her books.

The price combined with the fact that she already heavily uses her blackberry made this a good choice.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 03:22:49 PM »
 :applause: :applause:

Take win

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
 :(
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »
Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the BB Playbook  issue....I went ahead and purchased a 16G
one and I'm pretty impressed with it so far...not bad at all for $185...

You must be in Trinidad... to be coming here asking about Blackberry, lol

Bakes, doh fraid, if you interested I could hook you up with one too  ;D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
Jailbreak your iPad  and install iFile , installous and Vlc player from cydia. It practically opens up the device. One app for 14 dollars via cydia makes a great difference is pwntunes. It turns your device into a kinda flash drive. When you plug the iPad into your computer you could copy pics and music straight to it and you don't have to use shitty iTunes again.

Musicbox is a great app, I got it from cydia too. Just type in a song name and it will find it and you could download it. Another great app is youtubetomp3 via cydia. Search a song , and convert it straight to mp3.  Ps express and photo forge are great photo editing  apps.

Other apps that cool
Facebook
Twitter
Team Stream (the bleacher report)
Score centre XL
Kindle
Amazon
Dropbox (must have)

Oh yeah digital pan, it's about 3 dollars in the app store but its high quality and has the full range of steelpans.

Great advice! you won't regret it.  (Android man myself)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>