April 28, 2024, 01:25:50 PM

Author Topic: Just some observations I think the T&T League should implement.  (Read 4827 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Just some observations and ideas I think the T&T League should implement.

1 - For starters, any team/s that wants to participate in the T&T Pro League must be required to compete/show finances of 2 years and must oblige or face a FIFA sanction. (I:E  - T&TEC).

2 - Secondly, now that T&TEC has pulled out of next season and gave up a chance to play in next year's CFU tournament after they qualified for it. I think it’s only fair the spot should be given to 3rd place finisher (Caledonia AIA). T&TEC latest move robbed T&T a place in next year's tournament and they should be held responsible. Not to mention it affects players and other employees.

3 - The T&T League should consider combining with other Caribbean countries who participate in the CFU/Concacaf Cups and approach FIFA for financial support once they qualify for such tournament.

4 - As Firebrand once mentioned to me, the League administrators should consider running a fantasy league tournament. This would get fans more interested in the game and in the players as well. It could also attract sponsors to help pay for their website? Teams also need to consider selling shirts and online too.

5 - Obviously, the Stadiums in T&T are affecting attendance; no one wants to drive through traffic to go see teams play especially teams with no big name players. Clubs should immediately consider relocating back to their communities and should also consider changing their names to suit their communities. I am sure they can build home grounds that would be approved by FIFA ?

The rent fee of the Stadiums is also costing teams money to rent when that money could go back to the clubs instead of the government.

6 - Can a salary cap help… a minimum and a maximum  For example; I met the manager of North East Stars (Avrin Beckles) in Brooklyn last week at the T&T Combine and he told me T&T players play with no heart and they expect a lot in return from the clubs. He said he can get cheaper players from other Caribbean Countries and also South America (Brazil too) cheaper than T&T players but choose not to get too many simply because he wants to help the local guys. By the way, he said that the NE Stars Brazilian coach told him T&T players are very talented like South Americans but not too smart with the ball at their feet.

7 - We need to have a voting system and a fair one for Pro League administrators. One should not be able to be in office after two terms, and a term should be 3 years.

8 - This WoLF league is great, but why didn't the organisers try to combine it with the T&T League and run games/fixtures as double headers with Pro League games.

9 - Super League winners and runner's-up should get promoted to the Pro League and be given some financial backing to help them compete while there. In reverse, the bottom two Pro League teams should be relegated.

10 – There are too many small football tournaments in T&T. These tournaments should be considered the third division and the top 3 teams should win promotion to the Super League. All leagues must work under the same umbrella.

PS: Can't believe these big oil companies draining Trinidad dry and not doing much for the communities and no one seems to care. Eg. Petrotrin.

Anyway, I have many more ideas to add, maybe later.

Thoughts ?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:12:38 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Just some observations I think the T&T League should implement.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:45:29 AM »
Flex you're a real die heart,making simple  but accurate assessments. Pertaining to the fields,the pro league requires the grounds to be FIFA sanction,this is why these games are played at the stadiums.There is not even one sanction field in South Trinidad.There was once a south team who agreed with the local borough to do a survey and assessment of one of the south fields which use to be a top field long time but fell into hard times.After the local borough agreed to improve the facility and the pro league team spent $35,000 for the assessment NOTHING was done by the local borough,that money went down the drain.These are the unprofessional things the local teams face in Trinidad.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:34:36 AM »
Excellent observations Flex, I like the fact of you always thinking for the betterment of the game, if only the powers to be can really do the same, this is why we really need change in personal someone who willing to listen and someone who eager for a change.

But with TT football its a struggle for power and no one really putting the game first.

What's up with the older generation, they no making a way for the younger people to strive, is like they afraid to be outshinned.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »
Ah surprise Football Supporter eh reply to this thread yet.

Good topic Flex.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:44:57 PM »
Just some observations I think the T&T League should implement.

Good observations, Flex

1 - For starters, any team/s that wants to participate in the T&T Pro League must be required to compete/show finances of 2 years and must oblige or face a FIFA sanction. (I:E  - T&TEC).

Then there will probably 4 or 5 five teams(Connection, DF, Jabloteh, Police, NE? Rangers?).

2 - Secondly, now that T&TEC has pulled out of next season and gave up a chance to play in next year's CFU tournament after they qualified for it. I think it’s only fair the spot should be given to 3rd place finisher (Caledonia AIA). T&TEC latest move robbed T&T a place in next year's tournament and they should be held responsible. Not to mention it affects players and other employees.

CFU not giving TT any breaks. Jack not there any more

3 - The T&T League should consider combining with other Caribbean countries who participate in the CFU/Concacaf Cups and approach FIFA for financial support once they qualify for such tournament.

Not sure we will get that kind of considerations any more

4 - As Firebrand once mentioned to me, the League administrators should consider running a fantasy league tournament. This would get fans more interested in the game and in the players as well. It could also attract sponsors to help pay for their website? Teams also need to consider selling shirts and online too.

Any thing to peak the fans interest so that they will come and see football

5 - Obviously, the Stadiums in T&T are affecting attendance; no one wants to drive through traffic to go see teams play especially teams with no big name players. Clubs should immediately consider relocating back to their communities and should also consider changing their names to suit their communities. I am sure they can build home grounds that would be approved by FIFA ?

Relocating is a good idea. Names changes!!!! you looking for trouble

The rent fee of the Stadiums is also costing teams money to rent when that money could go back to the clubs instead of the government.

I for that, but........

6 - Can a salary cap help… a minimum and a maximum  For example; I met the manager of North East Stars (Avrin Beckles) in Brooklyn last week at the T&T Combine and he told me T&T players play with no heart and they expect a lot in return from the clubs. He said he can get cheaper players from other Caribbean Countries and also South America (Brazil too) cheaper than T&T players but choose not to get too many simply because he wants to help the local guys. By the way, he said that the NE Stars Brazilian coach told him T&T players are very talented like South Americans but not too smart with the ball at their feet.

I don't know what the salaries are. But it must be good for all them boys to be playing for so long.

7 - We need to have a voting system and a fair one for Pro League administrators. One should not be able to be in office after two terms, and a term should be 3 years.

I agree with the 2 terms. But two 4 yrs. Run with the WC cycle

8 - This WoLF league is great, but why didn't the organisers try to combine it with the T&T League and run games/fixtures as double headers with Pro League games.

I really can't explain this one

9 - Super League winners and runner's-up should get promoted to the Pro League and be given some financial backing to help them compete while there. In reverse, the bottom two Pro League teams should be relegated.

I doubt most of the teams in the Super league can match requirement #1

10 - There are too many small football tournaments in T&T. These tournaments should be considered the third division and the top 3 teams should win promotion to the Super League. All leagues must work under the same umbrella.

If is non affiliated entities(minor leagues and small business), I can't see anyone stopping small tournaments

PS: Can't believe these big oil companies draining Trinidad dry and not doing much for the communities and no one seems to care. Eg. Petrotrin.

PS. The Big Oil co of yesteryear have a different perspective on sponsorship. No strongs attached. Our big oil, Petrotrin fall in the same category.
Anyways, I have many more ideas to add, maybe later.

Thoughts ?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:41:29 AM by Flex »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:58:20 AM »
Ah surprise Football Supporter eh reply to this thread yet.

Good topic Flex.

Just so your not disappointed Sam!!

Flex, you make some good points and ask some good questions. But before we can bring change, we first have to understand the mentality.

The ProLeague was formed under the shadow of Jack Warner. For those not aligned with Jack (yet aware they had to climb into bed with him to get anywhere), the foremost priority was retaining some element of control. Effectively, they formed a membership club that allowed them to keep out those they didn't want, and bend rules to suit those they liked. So, it costs $450,000 to join the league. Yet, if you decide to pull out of the league for a season, your place is reserved so you can rejoin without a fee. This may seem fair to some, but it does not benefit the growth or image of the league. It would be better to have an entry fee of, say, $75,000 per year. Then, the league would have a continuous income outside of sponsorship.
Also, what do you get for your $450k? Theres no income guaranteed from TV or even gates. So, as a business proposal, it is already flawed.
The clubs make the rules, which means their first consideration is protecting themselves. Instead, there should be an independent board, who's interest is growing the league as a whole. And if you fail, you're sacked.
Aside from state teams, the other clubs could not survive with out the subvention from Ministry of Sport. Therefore, it would be impossible for clubs to prove they have 2 years finances. Sponsors like to pay monthly, so that wouldn't help. Gate money is scarce, so you can't really put that into the budget. Also, sponsors do not always adhere to their agreements. I can testify that DIRECTV certainly did everything they promised, but I also know of sponsors who suddenly decided that they were pulling out. This may have been the case with Adams Construction. I have no idea if that is so, but if you're paying monthly and the team is not winning, its easy to just say "sorry, we can't continue". And trying to sue them, while justified, would involve a lengthy court case, lawyers fees (which would have to be taken from your already depleted funds) and probably deter any future sponsors.

This time last year, Sancho and I proposed to the clubs that we go after sponsorship for the CFU. All clubs work together and whoever qualifies will receive financial support until the CONCACAF stages. We pointed out that a T&T team that progresses will boost the image of the league and benefit all teams. Unsurprisingly, there was no real interest.

Moving from the stadiums is a smart move, but only if you can have total control over a community pitch. It can cost up to $100,000 to repair and maintain a pitch. Most Regional Corporations would contribute a percentage of that money. However, they will want the field to be used by the community. Imagine relaying a pitch and the next day it rains. Then you get sweaters and fete match teams, women's teams, rugby teams and kids coaching schools playing on the surface. When the sun drys the pitch, its like corrugated iron. Unfit for professional football. They will protect a cricket wicket, but they won't let you protect a football pitch. Then there is security. Most community grounds are run down with vandalised changing rooms and multiple entry points, some through holes in fences etc. So on a matchday you have to employ security. And if its raining, people won't pay to stand in the rain.

As a point of order, I believe that all stadium fees were waived for ProLeague teams.

A salary cap may assist in helping clubs financially, but as the aim should be to build interest in the league, you really want to encourage the best T&T players to stay home and entice some decent foreigners. One of this seasons top scorers was only receiving $3,000 per month. In my view, players should be paid more. That way, there would be real value in playing professional football, and players would behave more professionally as they would not want to lose such a good lifestyle. Even being paid $6,000 per month is not enough to dissuade them from turning out for a fete match. Professional sportsmen should be the elite, and therefore should be paid more than a junior manager or a policeman. And discipline would be much higher, a la Terry Fenwick!

I agree that administrators should have to reapply for their jobs every so often. I think 2 years is long enough to prove yourself. If you're worried about your job, you will make sure everybody below you performs to their best, if not, sack them. Your job depends on them.

Because of the stadium situation, ProLeague need to run double headers. Although it would be good to promote WOLF, they would have to kick off at 4pm on a Friday!

There definitely should be promotion and relegation involving the Super League. But because they are two separate entities, this won't happen.  TTFF need to take control of football and reorganise the league system. But that's going to happen either!

There is too much football and this distracts from the professional game. One of the worse culprits is School football. At 16, boys should be joining ProLeague clubs to learn the game and develop their talent. Maybe a draught system could be used, or schools selected as feeder teams. Instead of U14, U16 and U18 Oasis league, the school teams could compete in a league under the umbrella of the ProLeague and Super League clubs. So, for instance, everyone will know that, say, St Anthony's is a feeder club of St Ann's Rangers. Not only does this give access to a Professional football career ladder, but it benefits the clubs by attracting the school supporters to follow the ProLeague.
I can tell you that a "star" school player is completely out of his depth when he joins a ProLeague team at 18 or 19. Plus, to most overseas clubs, he is already 2 or 3 years behind his foreign competition. Imagine Messi had stayed at school in Argentina until he was 18!

A good third tier would be an extended Eddie Hart league.

The oil companies have switched their focus to direct community support. Unless you are within 10 miles of them, they won't sponsor anything. Professional football does not fit their Corporate Social Responsibility profiles, and nor should it. However, people like Unipet and NP should be more involved. There are many companies who should be more involved such as Junior Sammy, Coosals, National Quarries, the banks and insurance companies, Angostura, Brydons etc. The problem is that clubs just go asking for handouts. They must build a proposal that adds value to the sponsors. Without TV or big gates, its very difficult to do this. All you can offer is community projects, but that takes effort, and most clubs can't see the benefit because they are looking at short term goals rather than sustainability.

Well, Sam, you asked for it lol

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 04:39:39 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Well said FS,good response.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 04:46:17 AM »
FS, this is why I always like to hear from you.

You talk good bro...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 07:45:24 AM »
 like the thread.
FS, i think u could fix this thing, u definitely in the trenches, and yuh checking the soil...I know laying the foundation is still difficult, but if now, you could start considering, recruiting even, privately dependable supporters/workers, we may actually see something solid and lasting built to benefit the country.
nb: At the beginning I didn't think a Pro League was the answer for the benefit of our country or it's football development. However, I am now of the opinion, with the right ppl, and slightly modified & proper plans, something solid and beneficial can be built.Although,I think not with the same goals as other more committed foreign leagues, but modified to suite our society.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »
like the thread.
FS, i think u could fix this thing, u definitely in the trenches, and yuh checking the soil...I know laying the foundation is still difficult, but if now, you could start considering, recruiting even, privately dependable supporters/workers, we may actually see something solid and lasting built to benefit the country.
nb: At the beginning I didn't think a Pro League was the answer for the benefit of our country or it's football development. However, I am now of the opinion, with the right ppl, and slightly modified & proper plans, something solid and beneficial can be built.Although,I think not with the same goals as other more committed foreign leagues, but modified to suite our society.

Thanks Max, but I'm not the answer! As mentioned many times before, football needs to work together for the good of the game. Football in T&T is still at the same stages of football in the UK in the 70's. All powerful club owners who treated football like a boys club. Players had no power, were underpaid and disrespected. Same went for supporters. They were forced to stand on dangerous, unsafe terraces, exposed to the elements. Food was abysmal and their interests were ignored. There were no club shops, but you could usually buy a scarf or bobble hat!

I do think I could be part of the change, but I can't see how that change will come at this time. At this point, if San juan can't get new sponsorship, the league could be down to 5 clubs = Caledonia, W.Connection, St Anns Rangers, Police, Army. (North East are saying they may not put out a team).  Whats the point of a 5 team league, yet they still insist on a $450k joining fee? There has to be more long term vision to create a sustainable business. Whats the point of 5 cup competitions? Reduce it to 2 and move the sponsorship to the league. That way, winning a cup will have more value.

It took massive sea changes involving the government to bring change.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 09:12:42 AM »
not the answer, but could definitly be part of the solution...even if it's a long process, as most things good are. It seems you will be remaining in TT for awhile, and I know at times dealing with the inexperienced can be exasperating, but if you continue speaking out & informing, even as you do here, eventually some will hear. The thing is I think when presented with 2 many ideas at the same time, the groups tend to shut down to all suggestions, as the society although welcoming of anything new, is really resistant to drastic change. Expect to have their cake & eat it too.
You(and your colleagues) know the preset goal, so advocate the 1st idea, and deal that. Could be the entrace fee structure. Even if at the end of your term, i.e. your time in the country, each little success, even if accomplished step by step, may give the direction or clues necessary to direct the powers that be along a more positive path, even if your personal agenda/goal is not attained, yet a positive direction all the same.
You are passionate, experienced & knowledable. I think you should go for it. Of course depending on your own personal goals and level of support (family & friends). I'm sure you already involved, but a little bit more...Can you ?

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 09:52:52 AM »
They just need to be more professional

Look all over TnT you see restuarants, Bars, pubs malls, doing real good money wise.

Carnival Band making a killing

why

These people have become professional

The approach to football is not professional both on the field and off the field.

They need to be more professional.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
sometimes the most skilled ball players may not be the most professional. yet if yuh run yuh ship properly, they can be taught how to sail.orrr you could just select the the most professional sailors, not necessarily the best, and develop them...or you can compromise, it's all a matter of choices, and it starts off the ship....i.e. in the communities/ society

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »
This is a great thread. FS and Flex made some great observations.

You guys should consider sending this to the League admin ?

Offline Debbie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »
I am so upset that T&TEC will not play anymore, that my team.

I am really sad about this.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:04 PM »
FYI - I have sent my above observations to Mr Dexter Skeene exactly 11 days ago and he didn't even acknowledge my email.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
FYI - I have sent my above observations to Mr Dexter Skeene exactly 11 days ago and he didn't even acknowledge my email.

Perhaps you should have marked the envelope "application to join League- fees enclosed"

N.B. I fully understand that you actually emailed him!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 05:48:58 AM »
That not surprising Flex.

De Corneals rule T&T football for 50 years and Jack rule T&T football for 30 years, now Skeene heading in de same direction.

Everbody for themselves, f00k de game....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »
Here Is a observation from a arima man. When I was very young being a ball boy, the semi pro league, with arima fire, joe public etc use to pull rel crowd in the velodrome.
Since they have removed the sides communities can identify with and put all the games in Larry gomes, the crowds have disappeared. The games need to be brought back into the community.
Forget them big stadium. Fix the velodrome, advertise. Arima has no team we can identify with. Forget joe public cause no arima man travelling that far to see them. Arima fire was our team. Until then don't expect to see families and friends coming out by the dozen to see matches. Mephis vs Santa Rosa use to pull more crowd than a pro league game today. (I know cause I played under that craziness)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »
Here Is a observation from a arima man. When I was very young being a ball boy, the semi pro league, with arima fire, joe public etc use to pull rel crowd in the velodrome.
Since they have removed the sides communities can identify with and put all the games in Larry gomes, the crowds have disappeared. The games need to be brought back into the community.
Forget them big stadium. Fix the velodrome, advertise. Arima has no team we can identify with. Forget joe public cause no arima man travelling that far to see them. Arima fire was our team. Until then don't expect to see families and friends coming out by the dozen to see matches. Mephis vs Santa Rosa use to pull more crowd than a pro league game today. (I know cause I played under that craziness)

North East were going to rebrand this season in Arima, hoping to use velodrome. Don't know what their plans are now.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »

North East were going to rebrand this season in Arima, hoping to use velodrome. Don't know what their plans are now.

Eh??

Did i miss something?  ???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 03:06:11 PM »

Eh??

FS eh dey no more.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »

Eh??

FS eh dey no more.
       He could of come out and say that long time,those guys real good boy,he get fired same time with Sancho and them.These were the guys with all the bright ideas,what have they done for North East,Grande,East zone etc etc North East was rated the best community team in the country where did it get them,Daryl sponsored/gave them everything they wanted,where are the results to show for it.
       FS acts like he is God send for Football in T&T,criticizes T&T Football left right and centre,the administration,teams,Coaches,players etc if your ideas did not work for a club team how will it work for national teams.
       We used to hear about North East Stars every day now people hiding,give us the scores we want to know,all we get so far is they eh sure to play next season now is they might be moving to Arima. :o :o   

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »

Eh??

FS eh dey no more.
       He could of come out and say that long time,those guys real good boy,he get fired same time with Sancho and them.These were the guys with all the bright ideas,what have they done for North East,Grande,East zone etc etc North East was rated the best community team in the country where did it get them,Daryl sponsored/gave them everything they wanted,where are the results to show for it.
       FS acts like he is God send for Football in T&T,criticizes T&T Football left right and centre,the administration,teams,Coaches,players etc if your ideas did not work for a club team how will it work for national teams.
       We used to hear about North East Stars every day now people hiding,give us the scores we want to know,all we get so far is they eh sure to play next season now is they might be moving to Arima. :o :o   

Coops, first you are dangerously close to libel. I am now publically requesting your proof that "he get fired same time with Sancho and them".

When you are making potentially libelous statements that can damage future careers, prepare to defend your statements.

But I will state clearly for you that I did not get fired from North East Stars F.C.  Now, I suggest you put together a satisfactory statement and retraction and publish it by the weekend. I cannot speak for "Sancho and them", but I would imagine the same would apply.

I would also like your evidence regarding this statement "Daryl sponsored/gave them everything they wanted"

I don't believe I have ever forwarded the opinion that I would like involvement in the National team. I'm sorry if you believe I "act like a God send". Perhaps if you come home and did something useful for football in T&T, I would actually care what your opinions are. Unfortunately, you know nothing factual about football administration in T&T and feed on gossip.

But you then go on to contradict yourself by saying "We used to hear about North East Stars every day now people hiding,give us the scores we want to know,all we get so far is they eh sure to play next season now is they might be moving to Arima. :o :o

Now, sit down, straighten your colostomy bag and think really hard about why that is so, and why North East have been silent since I left? 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:30 PM »

Eh??

FS eh dey no more.

Coops, first you are dangerously close to libel. I am now publically requesting your proof that "he get fired same time with Sancho and them".

When you are making potentially libelous statements that can damage future careers, prepare to defend your statements.

But I will state clearly for you that I did not get fired from North East Stars F.C.  Now, I suggest you put together a satisfactory statement and retraction and publish it by the weekend. I cannot speak for "Sancho and them", but I would imagine the same would apply.

I would also like your evidence regarding this statement "Daryl sponsored/gave them everything they wanted"

I don't believe I have ever forwarded the opinion that I would like involvement in the National team. I'm sorry if you believe I "act like a God send". Perhaps if you come home and did something useful for football in T&T, I would actually care what your opinions are. Unfortunately, you know nothing factual about football administration in T&T and feed on gossip.

But you then go on to contradict yourself by saying "We used to hear about North East Stars every day now people hiding,give us the scores we want to know,all we get so far is they eh sure to play next season now is they might be moving to Arima. :o :o

Now, sit down, straighten your colostomy bag and think really hard about why that is so, and why North East have been silent since I left? 

FS you studying Coop's, he only full ah talk. You eh see evry time something negative happen to someone who trying to do something positive in T&T football he does laugh at them. He eh care. He want his generation to be the only group that ever do anything (which they never did). You eh see he doh even acknowledge the 06 Warriors other than to try to diss Sancho.

At least Sancho was man enough to step up and try to do something, instead of staying in foreign and talking. FS I really liked that you provided us with info that we otherwise would not have gotten. Sad that you all at NE could not work things out. You are indeed a plus to T&T football and I hope you keep trying and not get frustrated, especially with you being a transplant.

Coop's just glad we doh even have a national team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 12:17:41 AM »

I not here to defend Coop's, he look fuh he 'buff with the comments he made... but funny that at the same time that you're complaining about  libelous statements, you then turn around and do the same.  You somehow, in your 3-4 years in TnT, seemed to have formed the opinion that those of us who live abroad are doing "nothing" to help football/the country. 

You don't know who's doing what from who's not doing so you really need to cease with that talk.  As a former coach of the men's national team... Coop's probably fuhget more about "football administration in T&T" than you will ever know in your lifetime.  You need to check yuhself.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:21:02 AM by Bakes »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 06:22:12 AM »

I not here to defend Coop's, he look fuh he 'buff with the comments he made... but funny that at the same time that you're complaining about  libelous statements, you then turn around and do the same.  You somehow, in your 3-4 years in TnT, seemed to have formed the opinion that those of us who live abroad are doing "nothing" to help football/the country. 

You don't know who's doing what from who's not doing so you really need to cease with that talk.  As a former coach of the men's national team... Coop's probably fuhget more about "football administration in T&T" than you will ever know in your lifetime.  You need to check yuhself.

You know Bakes, you and I had had a real tear up a while back, and although we both viewed our opinions strongly, I don't believe we told untruths about each other.

I do not believe that all overseas Trinis are doing nothing, but if I make that accusation to an individual because I don't know any different, that then gives that person an opportunity to prove me wrong. I don't believe that forwarding that opinion is libelous, but you would be able to correct me on that point.

I have always treated Coops with respect, even when many here haven't, which is why his personal attack and lies were so surprising.

But when I see people like him, who does have something to offer but who I consider are not assisting practically with the development of football in T&T, but instead criticise on situations they know nothing about, I feel justified in accusing them of doing nothing.

And some of Coops comments in the past leads me to the conclusion that things have changed since his time and he is not current on the situation in T&T. I may well have deserved your rebuke, people have lives outside T&T and although they may wish to do more, circumstances prevent that. But that doesn't mean you can rock back and rip into people who are trying to make a difference. And telling outright lies about those people is indefensible and should be discouraged.

You would know more about this, but as I recall, if libelous statements are made on a website, it is the website that is also sued? For this reason, erroneous statement of facts should be discouraged.

Football is a small industry and statements like this are taken seriously. I can tell you that a similar statement, made about someone other than me, resulted in them receiving a lawyers letter. Offer opinion by all means, but do not make incorrect statements of fact.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 06:50:44 AM »
Guys, remember, coops is looking for a T&T savior and giving guys here basket.

What he couldn't do for T&T he is now expecting someone else to pick up the tab.

Sancho and Jeffrey is still very much involved with North East Stars and have just taken a break from the club because of some restructuring. They play a part in Japs Fried Chicken.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 04:37:03 AM »
Dexter Skeene contacted me yesterday and said he would love to give us his take on these observations, he had a family emergency and was out for a while and could not do it earlier.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 05:58:13 AM »
Flex,,,,,, Skeene will give you all kind of excuses, them questions to hard for he to answer...

1]; } ?>