April 19, 2024, 04:42:23 AM

Author Topic: Fallen giants face daunting task (cricinfo)  (Read 5104 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Fallen giants face daunting task (cricinfo)
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »
my link gone.

Allyuh have any?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »
I not streaming but usually i use www.crictime.com. They should have a working one
Back in Trini...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 10:47:13 AM »
I not streaming but usually i use www.crictime.com. They should have a working one

Thanks man.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
England under some pressure 10-2
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 11:42:43 AM »
Thanks for the link.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 11:45:19 AM »
England under some pressure 10-2
Was almost 10-3 . The umpire hand went half way up then he changed his mind.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »
so tempted to go down to Lords tomorrow..Hopefully get out of clinic early tomorrow and might be able to rush down post lunch..Depending on how the game is going of course
Back in Trini...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »
Today was one of the more pleasing day of cricket that I have witnessed and what made it even better was how the Windies made England fight for the wickets that they thought would be presented to them gift wrapped.On reaching the ground the English fans were larfin and joking about how long it would take to finish off the Windies,some thought before lunch and some after lunch.I do hope that the cockiness that the English players showed on the field comes back to bite their fat asses and it looks as it could be a possibility,2 quick wickets tomorrow and things could become really tasty.Ramdin showed today that he is a very capable bat when he uses his brain,he came in at a difficult time with the new ball 1 over old,things could have been different had he played one of his silly shots of old,Samuels could yet be a great player for the Windies as long as he uses that natural talent that he posess,I'll be back tomorrow to witness what I hope will be a historic day for the boys from the Caribbean,I hope it will not be as cold as it was today,it was almost like a Winter's day but I hope that Kemar,Fidel and Shannon makes it a hot day for England's batsmen tomorrow.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »
so tempted to go down to Lords tomorrow..Hopefully get out of clinic early tomorrow and might be able to rush down post lunch..Depending on how the game is going of course
Tomorrow its £10.00 and £5.00 for over 65s.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 05:53:54 AM »
Well Sarwan seems to be handling the English conditions:

Sarwan misses second century of the match         
Written by   

Sunday, 20 May 2012 20:03

LEICESTER, England,  (CMC) – West Indies batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan narrowly missed out on his second century of the match as Leicestershire’s clash with Essex finished in a tame draw in the County Championship here Saturday. The elegant right-hander was dismissed for a cameo 98, an innings that helped Leicestershire declare their second innings at 306 for five after the hosts resumed on 148 for three at Grace Road.
There was no play before lunch because of rain.
Sarwan, who got 117 in the first innings, belted 15 fours and a six off a mere 103 balls after continuing from his overnight 61.
Ned Eckersley plundered 70 off 19 balls and Wayne White got a hasty 50 off 12 balls, as Leicestershire capitalised on the desire for both teams to contrive a result with time running out in the contest.
Set 270 off 60 overs, Essex reached 30 for two before bad light ended play after just 12.2 overs.
Sarwan, who has not played for West Indies in nearly a year, is the leading run-getter in Division Two with 554 runs at an average of 55.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 05:59:04 AM »
now got out of clinic..not looking to good for us. Can't seem to sustain pressure on England..This is where Narine would have been really good to have. Even though the wicket not turning, they can't read him anywhere and he would peg them back.
Doesn't look like it worth the trip at this point..will follow it from home
Back in Trini...

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »
Based on the Australia series Shillingford probably would have been a good option too, but in the end none of the bowlers who were there applied consistent pressure on England. Runs came far too quickly and it was never a matter of if, but when they'd get the runs.

That being said I am still pleased that they didn't roll over and die. Much is being made of our "IPL players", but no one remembers how the team performed when they were there (except Narine and Cooper who obviously weren't around). I'm not saying don't pick them, but the team's performance without them (results aside) cannot be ignored.

1]; } ?>