March 28, 2024, 03:10:00 AM

Author Topic: Nice article on FIFA website of "the comeback kings"  (Read 6841 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nice article on FIFA website of "the comeback kings"
« on: October 27, 2005, 12:48:51 PM »
The comeback kings.
By FIFAworldcup.com

The decision to retire from international football has to be one of the toughest decisions a player can make. However, right up there with it must be the decision to return to the international fold and risk all you have previously achieved. During Germany 2006 qualifying, quite a few players were persuaded to come out of retirement to help their countries' bids for a finals place. Read on as FIFAworldcup.com takes a closer look at some of these comeback kings, anxious to scale the heights of world football once more.

Zidane, leading France's old guard.
Perhaps the comeback with the greatest impact was that of French international Zinedine Zidane. His decision to return in August 2005, hugely significant in itself, also paved the way for Claude Makelele and Liliam Thuram to come out of retirement. At the time, Les Bleus were floundering in fourth place in Group 4 of the European Zone with a place at Germany 2006 by no means guaranteed. Moreover they were facing two tough away games, against the Republic of Ireland and Switzerland, two of their direct rivals for qualification.
Zidane had announced his decision to retire from international football on 12 August 2004 after the UEFA European Championship in Portugal. After struggling to find their rhythm in qualifying, France coach Raymond Domenech lobbied hard to convince the midfield maestro to have a rethink and eventually got him to commit. "A year ago I was categorical (about quitting), and now I don't want to be seen as a saviour. I am just responding to something, having thought things through on holiday. The France team has given me so much and I want to lend a hand," Zidane said on breaking the news.
He made his competitive return on 3 September in Lens in a comfortable 3-0 win over a modest Faroe Islands team. "His mere presence gave the entire group that something extra," said Thierry Henry. "With Zinedine, everything is easier," added William Gallas. The numbers would seem to prove his point. Since his return, France have garnered 83 per cent of the points in play – as opposed to 55 per cent in his absence. Les Bleus won in Ireland, drew in Switzerland and booked their place in Germany with a resounding 4-0 win over Cyprus, with the first goal fittingly scored by Zidane.

Figo, the icing on the Portuguese cake.
The circumstances surrounding Luis Figo's return to international football were somewhat different. In March of this year, Portugal salvaged a hard-earned point away to Slovakia, a result which left both sides tied at the top of Group 3 of the European Zone. Looking ahead, national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari knew that when the two sides met again three months hence, they would effectively be playing for a place in the finals. It was perhaps this realisation that led the Brazilian to try once more to convince his captain to reverse the decision he made to retire after EURO 2004.
Figo finally relented and announced his plans to return, just days before the make-or-break game with Slovakia. Fortunately, everything went to script. The veteran midfielder played very well, Portugal won 2-1 and marched on towards Germany 2006. "I'm not back to break records, but simply to help the team," Figo said after the win. Few doubt that the player's experience will be vital if Portugal are to figure strongly at next year's big event.

Recoba, marked by destiny.
While we will have to await the result of Uruguay's play-off with Australia to see if they reach the finals in Germany, their very presence in the play-offs owes much to Alvaro Recoba's winning goal against Argentina on the final matchday of the South American qualifiers. This from a player who, in emotive circumstances only eight months earlier, had turned his back on international football after his country’s 1-0 win over Paraguay.
"Things are not working out for me at the moment and, although I am reluctant to do it, I think the best thing is for me to stand aside," announced a visibly upset Recoba after being booed off that night at the Estadio Centenario.
Ironically, this was to be the Celeste's last win until Recoba returned to the fold in September. By then Uruguay had fallen to seventh in the table after four straight draws and were facing a visit from a Colombia side who, with two points more, had control of the all-important fifth spot. It was then that Jorge Fossati decided to recall El Chino. "I'm not coming back as some kind of saviour. You'll have to look to the heavens for that. All I can tell you is that I'm in good shape and playing well," Recoba said at the time.
Uruguay duly beat Colombia and then took a point in Ecuador to set up a must-win showdown with Argentina. This was Recoba's cue, and the Inter Milan midfielder redeemed himself in the eyes of ecstatic Celeste fans by firing his team into the play-offs for Germany 2006.

Latapy, ready for the final push.
Before finally acceding to requests from his association president Jack Warner and former colleague Dwight Yorke to play again for Trinidad and Tobago, Russell Latapy had twice previously declined calls for his return. The first plea came from former T&T coach Bertille St Clair, who invited him back at the outset of the qualifiers, with the second coming from his successor Leo Beenhakker immediately after he took charge.
So what made the revered Latapy change his mind last August? At 37, he surely had a lot more to lose than gain. "I was in the side that lost to the USA (in 1989) that put us out of the race for Italia 90. Now that we're so close again, I want to do my bit to see if we can qualify. Playing at a World Cup would be crowning glory in my career," the player said.
Latapy's return came in a home tie against Guatemala on 3 September this year and could not have been any more auspicious. His 48th-minute strike paved the way for T&T's 3-2 win, a result that proved decisive in their taking fourth place in the CONCACAF Zone and claiming a play-off berth against Bahrain.

Sami Al Jaber.
After his team's disappointing display at Korea/Japan 2002, Sami Al Jaber, a veteran of three FIFA World Cups, decided that the time was right to call time on his international career. All that changed, however, when Argentine Gabriel Calderon took over coaching duties in December 2004 and asked the player to rethink.
At 32, his love for the national team coupled with their rejuvenated form in the qualifiers convinced Al Jaber to accept the challenge. In his first game back on 9 February this year, the player made an immediate impact by scoring in the 1-1 draw with Uzbekistan. However, his most telling contribution would come on 8 June when, playing on home soil against the same opposition, he scored Saudi Arabia's opening two goals in the 3-0 win that would book their place at Germany 2006. As an added bonus, Al Jaber is set to join an exclusive group of players who have graced the final stages of a FIFA World Cup on four occasions.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 02:57:21 AM by Flex »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nice article on FIFA website of "the comeback kings"
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 01:19:16 PM »
 Latapy is the oldest  ;D but he really do T&T a great service in his long career as a national player...Hats off to the Little Magician.....Go T&T

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 01:34:01 PM »
yeh when we qualify ;) ill be happiest for Latapy. he will put on one last show for every1 in front the world. then he can retire at the top. same goes for dwight,shaka and dem.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 01:39:33 PM »
Where was he when all the hard work was being done? Yes he is a great player, but when USA was beating us in the Oval where was he? When we were being hammered in Gautemala where was he? When we were working we a** off in Mexico where was he? We keep using the "waggonist" and "waggonism" term to our liking.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 01:43:37 PM »
Latapy have the wrong approach, not because we close means that is a reason to come back.

It is the wrong approach to life and that is the problem with TnT football in General.

when we had little chance of qualifying in 2002 he and yorke ride out. That was wrong.

and to come back now that things nice is also the wrong approach

Latapy has paid his dues and he has come back more than most except for maybe stern john but that still does not excuse the fact that we are not complete.

Lack of Leadership

we have a situation where our players are not receiving the right example of what is required to be a national player and until we correct that we will not reach any where, even if we reach a world cup.

Until we approach a practice game versus W connection with the same importance as a Bahrain match we are not ready and that include

Admistrators
Players
Fans

it must be from Top to bottom.

If Players only show up for 3 games out of the 10 in the Hex how we could be vex if fans doing the same thing, and how you could be vex if adminsitrators allowing it to happen.

We trying to win at all cost.

Set the foundation and the victory will come.

men Cuss Latapy and Yorke for Days last time around now they is sweet boy just because we winning.

dont sell out yourself just because we want to win.

Latapy and Yorke was wrong to quit the team last time around
The admistration was wrong to take back latapy after he did not show any interest in the early rounds just because we "Need"him to win

Latapy was wrong to want to come back just because the cup is within reach

We are wrong to take the english boys them after the blank we so much times in the earlies.

As a Trinidad football Player if you not willing to come and break your foot for a TnT Barbados shell cup game dont run in front to play TnT Brazil in the world cup.

You think Zamora comming back mid season to play Shell Cup yet still alyuh want to discard a man like cornell glen for a "better" player in Zamora

Just because you want to win
Jack and them leadership

Win at all cost

Latapy and Yorke doing what they want they whole life because that is what they was trainied to do

And the sad thing is some where there is a Hot man on Mucurapo or Fatima or San Juan side who doing what they want, cause without them team cannot win

Talent is biggest problem in TnT.

Latapy and Yorke was too Talented if they had to work hard to achieve their skills they would not spend the night before game partying. They would ah have to rest to have any chance of making it.

But talent does only take you so far.

All now so we supposed to be on we 3 consecutive world cup based on we Talent

Instead we shitting around with Tum Tum Tum.

Lord Let we mek it this time
And when we make it allow Jack, Yorke, Latapy to all enjoy the world cup and retire from football
Also allow us to develop a new attitude towards sports and new leadership to advance the game in the country.

Same Shit Over and Over!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 01:53:01 PM »
Straight up KND2....men does forget real quick. This make me realize that they don't know much about what they' re talking.  Time will tell.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Ball Ho fuh life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 02:22:32 PM »
fellas i hear where allyuh comin' from.  firs' of all, i doh tink dwight an' latas is de same men de was in terms of dey level o' maturity back at dat time.  firs' of all, mos' o' we doh depend on ball tuh eat food.  dat is firs' ting.  so we cyah even put we self in a man like dwight shoes if he eh runnin into tackles because dey tell him dey cyah provide him wit de necessary insurance.  at dat time, if dwight was unable tuh play football he would o' suck salt.  den dwight come back long before it look like we would make it.  what he an' latas did in de past was wrong, i am de firs' tuh agree wit dat.  but ah could tell yuh dis.  it would o' be more wrong fuh latapy tuh refuse tuh help he team when dey come tuh him at dis stage too.  LATAPY DIDN' GO AN' ASK NOBODY NUTTEN, dey come tuh him.  SO WHAM IF A MAN REALIZE HE COULD HELP HE COUNTRY AN' REALIZE HE AN' MOS' O' WE LIFELONG DREAM O' PLAYIN' IN A WORLD CUP!  Win Win situation fellas.  fuh his own reasons he retire from international football, whether his reasons were right or wrong!  he was prepared tuh live wit dat decision, but dey ask him an' he come back.  GOOD!  nobody eh sayin' nutten bout Roy Keane doh! 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 02:25:58 PM »
ELAN AND KND2....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 02:28:20 PM »
nobody eh sayin' nutten bout Roy Keane doh!

we not irish
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 02:37:21 PM »
Big Magician You must be Latapy Family or maybe Latapy Family wanabe

sorry to have offended you so much

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 02:40:12 PM »
KND22(AS IN TOO TOO)...DONT NEED YUH SORRY JUST   FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK   OOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFF

ONCE YOU ATTACK DE MAGICIAN I IN YUH MUDDER C#UNT...TELL THAT TUH DAT NEW CYAT ELAN ALSO....WATCH ALLYUH MOUTH
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Ball Ho fuh life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »
nobody eh sayin' nutten bout Roy Keane doh!

we not irish

Yeah but 'g' is a principle ah talkin bout here.  doh start de we not irish ting.  yeah we know dat.  dis is a point of reference horse.  meh point is dat latapy is a undoubtedly big difference in dis team.  dat is de reality.  unfortunately fuh trinidad football, up till now we very poor at succession plannin' an' as a result we put we self in a situation where men could buss style, an' many great players of many different nations, even doh DEY NOT TRINI do de same.  look at romario, haggi, maradona tuh name a few.  dey make a difference.  NOW DEY UNDOUBTEDLY WRONG FUH BUSSIN STYLE.  i am not denyin' dat, but if latas would o' say he not comin' back dis las' time here, everybody might o' say he eh willin' tuh help he country.  an' I doh tink dat is true.  especially in he case.  he is not a waggonist; he value tuh de team proven over years an' years.  as a coach an' also player/coach, he realize he could bring someting different in terms of stimulatin' de hearts an' minds of not only de team, but de supporters who accordin' tuh him is de twelfth man.  I GLAD HE COME BACK!  is not dat he should have done what he did, but he cyah undo de crap he do by not comin' back now!  yuh sight?  one love.  vibes it up.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »
i agree brudda

vibes it up!!!!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 03:07:08 PM »
If you ask Any Irish Man or Welsh Man about Keene and Giggs they will tell you they is DOGS.

Giggs especially everytime wales have a game he injured then next week he running down the wing for Man U

That is a fact.

The real Irish Fans and Welsh Fans blame them for not putting Man U effort when playing for country

ask anybody if you feel I lie.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 03:22:07 PM »
well i fail to see how latapy can be labled a waggonist, after how long he played for us. yes he should have come at the start like yorke, but a waggonist jumps on the waggon wen its moving, latapy came wen we had 4 points. he has come and helped us win 3 in our last 4. u cant lable him as u would zamora and samuel. and i am partly irish, their attitude is if u dont wanna play f**k off. yorke and latas wanna play and are playing good. so i dont c how any1 can start up now. but i know what people is sayin and yes latas should have come at the start of the hex, but hes hardly a waggonist.
and if any1 is looking for som1 to blame for are shit start, blame ttff for leaving BSC in charge.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 03:26:41 PM »
If you ask Any Irish Man or Welsh Man about Keene and Giggs they will tell you they is DOGS.

Giggs especially everytime wales have a game he injured then next week he running down the wing for Man U

That is a fact.

The real Irish Fans and Welsh Fans blame them for not putting Man U effort when playing for country

Giggs still regretting the day he pick to play for Wales instead of England. I sure he would still be a automatic starter. He and Beckham down that wing like old time days stretching defense.

Més que un club.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 04:05:48 PM »
u know he could have played for nigeria too.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 05:30:06 PM »
Giggs still regretting the day he pick to play for Wales instead of England.

This is a bullshit statement because he has never said anything even remotely like that.

That is a fact.

That is more speculation. Giggs and other United players have missed several games with "injuries" but these are always friendlies. Also the England players miss games also albeit fewer games due to the fact that the competition for the English National team is tougher.

They never miss big games and always give 100% when they play for their country.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 06:07:16 PM »
BigMagician I feel for you that you do not have a good command of the english language to comprehend what people write and also that you lack the ability to express yourself. No one is against Latas, But you have to admit the timing to accept the invitation to return is impeccable.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 06:50:20 PM »
i dont understand that bro, he came back when a lose would have knocked us out. if he came back for the mexico match then i could see your point.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 12:12:24 AM »
If the team was a comfortable position before the Guatemala game, Ido not think Yorke would have gone begging to his friend for help, Latapy did not offer himself, he was asked nay begged to return.

But how do the players get called ? Some would offer their services , because they qualify to play and may not have been seen by the coach.
Some are seen by the coach and are offered a tryout.

So if Zamora for instance was offered a chance by the coach early and he refused and now with our qualification imminent he trys to get on the team, then I would call that "wagonnism".

So following on that if any player from now on offers his services to the coach, it will be up to the coach to decide if he is good or not to make the team, because the coach should not pick a team based on sentiment but rather on putting on the field , the best team possible.

I feel by the time Germany comes around (once we have qualified ) there will be new faces on the team.

I suppose some of you will say faeces  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 08:24:03 AM »
BigMagician I feel for you that you do not have a good command of the english language to comprehend what people write and also that you lack the ability to express yourself. No one is against Latas, But you have to admit the timing to accept the invitation to return is impeccable.

Are u saying that latas came back for his own benefit? steups!!!

U sounding like u against my general!! At a time like this look wat what f*ckers like u and KND are talking about!!

De man didnt want to play and Yorke and Jack convinced the man to come back and give it one more shot!!

He accepted and due to his presence...

GOAL against guatemala to make it 1-1

ASSIST for stern against guatemala to make it 2-2

ASSIST for stern against panama to make it 1-0 (it was his one touch though ball that sent Jones through)

TAKE DOWN DE CLOCK FOR AH WHOLE FIVE MINUTES against mexico!!

what de hell KND talking about cup within reach? we were one game away from elimination!!

Alyuh fella does just come here and amuse alyuh self by getting real die hards vex!!

Two games away from de world cup and man talking bout latapy and how his timing real bad!!

to take ah quote from meh pardner Gary!

ELAN AND KND2....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 10:19:03 AM »
Ppl sometimes does jump on they keyboard and post some real dotishness fuh we. How de arse you go say Latapy was wrong to come backwhen the cup was within reach . Latapy come back when we wasn't even certain of reaching this far cause the team was still shaky and still qualification wasn't looking fully positive .

Secondly : He was begged and coaxed to come and play for de team not the other way around . He decided to give it one last shot as it was close to the end of a prosperous career . It was really one last opportunity to be a part of the nation and give us a last show of appreciation for what they have given to him . Even up to the point when Latas say he coming the public was still talking about the   ' what if ' factor, if The lil magician came to play fuh we .

And you know what , we really didn't care if Russell came in the last game of Qualification cause this is a place that the TNT public has always felt was Latapy place (World Cup). Nobody would fell good going to the world cup without Latas . Let me change that , Most People wouldn't fell good going to the World Cup without Latapy except for KND  and Elan .

He is most gifted, talented and Loved son of the Footballing soil of TNT in a very long time

Yorke came into this thing by the begging of Bertille and has given us joy with his new committment and vigor and he has been forgiven for his errors on account of his new leadeaship on field leading by example. Who could say that they've been good all of their life and have never offended anyone ? No one .

But it's in our endeavours that we are judged and so we have grown to love the new yorke and his exemplary committment .

The two greatest footballing products of TNT and you will just discard them when you have the biggest and greatest stage to show case your greatest assets to the World . Will you allow pride to take precedence over the obvious .

KND and Elan come better next time .

Hold it dong !

« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 02:11:10 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline salt-or-fresh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 10:48:31 AM »
Hey KND, it look like men  does get real vex with yuh observations. Dey even sounding like de go chop yuh!
I getting real kicks at de stcuhipid people violently opposing yuh. Tuh dem football is only about the player on the field.
If we do make it I hope that the administration etc prepare de team in all aspects on and off the field, so we don't get 15 from france, holland etc in de first rounds

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 11:09:15 AM »
S-O-F,
Be careful siding wit dat man eh (KND)... De man only purpose on dis site is to chain up man, wit one setta ole talk!!

Ah glad tuh see yuh alive partna ... but watch de company yuh keep!

Ah go take ah salt fuh dat!!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline salt-or-fresh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 12:33:27 PM »
S-O-F,
Be careful siding wit dat man eh (KND)... De man only purpose on dis site is to chain up man, wit one setta ole talk!!

Ah glad tuh see yuh alive partna ... but watch de company yuh keep!

Ah go take ah salt fuh dat!!

Yes pardner! Hole ah salt.
De does mention some ah de behind de scene tings dat men doh consider.
Me eh siding...ah fine men real violent towards ah man opinion

Offline Skill Toolz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 01:21:54 PM »
I partially agree wit KND an ELAN...When we play de US in de oval man bawl how Yorke come back cause he suckin salt in England...how he career comin tuh ah end so he come back....IZ true, if Dwight was still on ah big side, yuh feel he was coming back tuh play fuh tnt? I eh tink so.......latas had probelms wit de administration and wanted ah coach wuk and didn't get it...big big letter to trini bout why he didn't come back...in de end he see light and come back cause we had ah chance....de man eh stupid he watch de points, he see who we still had tuh play an say YES we have ah good chance of makin it so leh meh come back....dem men play ball fuh Triin fuh years and everybody know their talent buh men forgettin de decisions they make fuh SELF instead for COUNTRY and now all of a sudden dem men is most patriotic....stay deh an feel dem men eh tinkin bout SELF too....I glad dey come back cause dem iz de men tuh make trini reach de world cup BUT I eh forget how dem treat de trinidad football.....all de cuss Stern and udder men get fuh playin shit, dem men stick it out an work hard tuh put us in dis position....

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 03:48:49 PM »
buh wait nuh... Iz only now i realize de 4qery dat going on in dis thread... Sighs ...

I too vex to respond to some ah de shit ....

Going by de "Hawk and Spit " and geh ah beer.. Den Head up Wave..

GO WARRIORS
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 04:18:42 PM »
Knd and Elan deserve 2 big steups. Like allyuh trying to get man vex with that chupid talk. The only thing we were close to before Latas came back was another bag ah licks.

All that talk about them fellas partying is water under the bridge. If I remember correctly they both apologised for their actions.

And Trinidad's biggest problem is not talent, it is the funding and coaching to hone that talent. Jack put out his money so hell yeah he should be celebrating the most  if we reach because if it wasn't for his 17M all now men on the site choosing whether they want England or Brazil to win the world cup because Trinidad would have been in Panama's spot.

Check allyuh self fellas, Trinis never like to give creidt when it is due, win lose or draw, Latas brought a magic to the team and nobody can deny that.

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 04:39:55 PM »
my point is not that Latapy come back it was that he should not have leave in the first place

4 more points and we would have already be in the world cup in fact if we did beat CR at home things would have been done fix already

1]; } ?>