March 28, 2024, 10:04:05 AM

Author Topic: T&T's International Image......One step forward, one giant step back!  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It strikes me as bizarre the way the PP government seem to have no concept of how to project this country to overseas investors.

The Caribbean Investment Forum on monday and tuesday displayed all that is good and vibrant in T&T. An excellent forum attended by business leaders from across the region. Beutifully arranged and orchestrated, it projected T&T as a business leader, not just in the Caribbean, but also across Central, and Northern South America.

Yet within 48 hours of this event, Jack Warner is acting P.M.  Leaving any personal feelings out of this, how must this appear to international political and business leaders? We currently are undergoing shocking revelations in the HCU enquiry, have suffered similar in the CLICO enquiry, we have the Calder Hart scandal hovering over us and a murder rate 20 times that of the U.K.

All of that is bad enough, and at least the govt can protest that all of this is in the past and things will be different. But by honouring Warner with the acting P.M., the govt is also expressing that the nation has not learned. Basic research into Warner will see that he's currently involved in scandals concerning over $200 million of questionable financial dealing.

Aside from the non payment of a US$750k FIFA fine from 2006, there is the missing TT$80 million missing from the LOC2006 accounts, the missing donation to Haiti, the bribery allegations currently in front of FIFA and an ongoing court case concerning around TT$38 million surrounding construction of the Emerald Hotel.

Innocent until proven guilty is of course the mantra we should follow. But when you are trying to build an international reputation as a solid, trustworthy business partner, you really have to consider how the nation is viewed from outside.

In my opinion, the timing of this temporary "promotion" is very poor and detracts from all of the great work being done by people like Stephen Cadiz to uplift T&T's reputation.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
dias we hardest wukkin minister...check yuh damn self :cursing: :frustrated:

;)
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De big problem is...yuh seem suprised.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
It strikes me as bizarre the way the PP government seem to have no concept of how to project this country to overseas investors.

The Caribbean Investment Forum on monday and tuesday displayed all that is good and vibrant in T&T. An excellent forum attended by business leaders from across the region. Beutifully arranged and orchestrated, it projected T&T as a business leader, not just in the Caribbean, but also across Central, and Northern South America.

Yet within 48 hours of this event, Jack Warner is acting P.M.  Leaving any personal feelings out of this, how must this appear to international political and business leaders? We currently are undergoing shocking revelations in the HCU enquiry, have suffered similar in the CLICO enquiry, we have the Calder Hart scandal hovering over us and a murder rate 20 times that of the U.K.

All of that is bad enough, and at least the govt can protest that all of this is in the past and things will be different. But by honouring Warner with the acting P.M., the govt is also expressing that the nation has not learned. Basic research into Warner will see that he's currently involved in scandals concerning over $200 million of questionable financial dealing.

Aside from the non payment of a US$750k FIFA fine from 2006, there is the missing TT$80 million missing from the LOC2006 accounts, the missing donation to Haiti, the bribery allegations currently in front of FIFA and an ongoing court case concerning around TT$38 million surrounding construction of the Emerald Hotel.

Innocent until proven guilty is of course the mantra we should follow. But when you are trying to build an international reputation as a solid, trustworthy business partner, you really have to consider how the nation is viewed from outside.

In my opinion, the timing of this temporary "promotion" is very poor and detracts from all of the great work being done by people like Stephen Cadiz to uplift T&T's reputation.
I am sure that I pointed out to you guys long ago that if you accept money from someone to help you win your election campaign that you need to reward that someone even if they happen to be the Devil and it makes you look like you don't care about the image of your party or your country in the process?

It's called paying the Devil for your sins!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
But dem is de same people who want to go to Mexico for advice on fighting crime....

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And now our acting P.M. has been announced as a crook to the world yet again at the CONCACAF elections. And remember, in most countries there is a deputy PM to act in the PM's absence. Acting PM is someone put in place to run the country until a new PM is in place.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
And now our acting P.M. has been announced as a crook to the world yet again at the CONCACAF elections. And remember, in most countries there is a deputy PM to act in the PM's absence. Acting PM is someone put in place to run the country until a new PM is in place.
Acting PM is appropriate as they are all professional actors!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>