April 19, 2024, 01:24:22 PM

Author Topic: SWO - Sunday Morning Edition with Lincoln Phillips.  (Read 8271 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO - Sunday Morning Edition with Lincoln Phillips.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
Good interview Flex (I wonder if Tallman okay with the misspelling of Point Fortin).

I can't believe that LP feels that Akile Edwards is the best option we have at left back. To disperse the responsibility of the defense to the entire team is not a fair evaluation in this situation. Our defenders lack basic 1v1 defensive technique, awareness, and tactical insight. I understand where he coming from, but I cannot agree.

Cannot or will not?
palos I eh see many games but Edward's last or second half performance against Cuba really surprised me after reading how bad he was on dis forum. Is it that he improved for that game ? His running off the ball was first class, and he won many balls in tackles unafraid to commit when necessary in 50/50's. the keeper who was avoiding him in the first half used the left side as the main avenue for the outlet pass in the second. He led many counters and got up and back well. he linked up well with Daniel who played timid in my view and who was quite willing to let Edwards make the darting runs down the flank. Even Cuba had realised that the weak link in defense was not akiel but Gray and concentrated their efforts there . the boy showed he can take a hit and come back after getting many hits during the game.The left back position is now his and anyone hoping to dislodge him will have to hope that the does not play anything close to his second half against Cuba. Just my view.

I cannot believe that men rating that 2nd half performaance against Cuba. Cuba lie down and take it.

Anyway a full strength USA, Mexico and Honduras coming in the HEX, I hope he will prove me wrong.

So he was in a different game to de rest ah fellas ? So Cuba only lie down for he too ? You was at de game ?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »
Good interview Flex (I wonder if Tallman okay with the misspelling of Point Fortin).

I can't believe that LP feels that Akile Edwards is the best option we have at left back. To disperse the responsibility of the defense to the entire team is not a fair evaluation in this situation. Our defenders lack basic 1v1 defensive technique, awareness, and tactical insight. I understand where he coming from, but I cannot agree.

Cannot or will not?
palos I eh see many games but Edward's last or second half performance against Cuba really surprised me after reading how bad he was on dis forum. Is it that he improved for that game ? His running off the ball was first class, and he won many balls in tackles unafraid to commit when necessary in 50/50's. the keeper who was avoiding him in the first half used the left side as the main avenue for the outlet pass in the second. He led many counters and got up and back well. he linked up well with Daniel who played timid in my view and who was quite willing to let Edwards make the darting runs down the flank. Even Cuba had realised that the weak link in defense was not akiel but Gray and concentrated their efforts there . the boy showed he can take a hit and come back after getting many hits during the game.The left back position is now his and anyone hoping to dislodge him will have to hope that the does not play anything close to his second half against Cuba. Just my view.

I cannot believe that men rating that 2nd half performaance against Cuba. Cuba lie down and take it.

Anyway a full strength USA, Mexico and Honduras coming in the HEX, I hope he will prove me wrong.

So he was in a different game to de rest ah fellas ? So Cuba only lie down for he too ? You was at de game ?

I was talking about the entire team not just him, hence the reason I said that performance and Cuba as opposed to His performance and the RMF from Cuba.  No I was not, but the game did show on TV over the internet, what's your point?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »
Its hard to believe Aklie Edwards is the best left back we have in the entire T&T. Come on Lincoln. GET REAL.....

And Lincoln believe Tobago United deserve to be last on the table because every league in the world have table propers. But he fail to realise table propers improve as the years go by and another table proper pops up, Tobago has been there to long now....

Nice interview otherwise.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 10:54:47 PM »
Well done Flex  :beermug:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 11:01:44 AM »
My question to Lincoln is, why play certain players and then drop them for an important game and put a player that unsure to play in his place. Eg, Avery v Aklie, now nothing is wrong with giving Aklie a run but why just throw him into the Lions den when we have friendlies for that. To test players.

And what sort of money will he need to have a US based team assemble as I understand most of them with be in T&T on vacation in anycase.

What exactly is the job of the TD, shouldn't Lincoln have some sort of say when it comes to the pro League and Super League ? Tobago is consistently doing bad.

Kevon Neaves.... hhmmm never knew he held such high regards for him, I know he is a good player along with Yohance Marshall, but we'll see.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:03:35 AM by Sando »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 12:21:08 PM »
My question to Lincoln is, why play certain players and then drop them for an important game and put a player that unsure to play in his place. Eg, Avery v Aklie, now nothing is wrong with giving Aklie a run but why just throw him into the Lions den when we have friendlies for that. To test players.

And what sort of money will he need to have a US based team assemble as I understand most of them with be in T&T on vacation in anycase.

What exactly is the job of the TD, shouldn't Lincoln have some sort of say when it comes to the pro League and Super League ? Tobago is consistently doing bad.

Kevon Neaves.... hhmmm never knew he held such high regards for him, I know he is a good player along with Yohance Marshall, but we'll see.

I forget to talk about that.

He making excuses, how hard it is to tell foreign base players who want to attend a screening to show up at a field some where? Them fellas eh want nothing but a look from the national staff.

They show up, practice/play and go home, come back the next day rinse, and repeat. To many excuses.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »

He making excuses, how hard it is to tell foreign base players who want to attend a screening to show up at a field some where? Them fellas eh want nothing but a look from the national staff.

They show up, practice/play and go home, come back the next day rinse, and repeat. To many excuses.

WELL SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »

Like DIS ONE de TD did organize?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »
Anybody know what ever happen to Marlon Rojas?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 02:07:28 PM »
Anybody know what ever happen to Marlon Rojas?

He in Bermuda.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »

[/quote]

If it's that easy why wasn't it done before or since? Some of you really like giving a 6 for a 9. You want things to be professionally done but when the resources aren't available to put on a professional event, you think people can get any old field, throw out a ball, and have a thing that resembles a sunday kickaround at King George V.

Here is the basic set up for a proper combine

Staff/Coaches- You need evaluators and administrators to have an organized event

Good fields- Stadium fields aren't great but you need a closed environment

Printing- shirts(you can't darks vs. lights), number printing, registration (contact information

Food/drink- You know how we are and what is expected. Plus men will be out all day and you must give a proper lunch.

Communication- How do you get the word out so everyone has a fair chance to respond? This goes along with having good administrators.

Equipment and an equipment manager- To make sure the equipment doesn't walk off.

All these things cost money. Who is going to volunteer all that back home?
C'mon, legitimate criticism is one thing but you just being idle.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:37:57 PM by tempo »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »

If it's that easy why wasn't it done before or since? Some of you really like giving a 6 for a 9. You want things to be professionally done but when the resources aren't available to put on a professional event, you think people can get any old field, throw out a ball, and have a thing that resembles a sunday kickaround at King George V.

Here is basic set up for a proper combine

Staff/Coaches- You need evaluators and administrators to have an organized event

Good fields- Stadium fields aren't great but you need a closed environment

Printing- shirts(you can't darks vs. lights), number printing, registration (contact information

Food/drink- You know how we are and what is expected. Plus men will be out all day and you must give a proper lunch. After all that, how do you get the word out?

Equipment and an equipment manager- To make sure the equipment doesn't walk off.

All these things cost money. Who is going to volunteer all that back home?
C'mon, legitimate criticism is one thing but you just being idle.

I/we understand all this, but right now it have players who want a look and don't really care about the T-Shirt and food and all that. I am pretty sure men will have no probs walking with ah fry bake and cheese to eat during lunch.  ;D

-The staff is already paid so evaluators should not be a problem.
-All players required to walk with a plain red shirt and a white shirt
-Numbers can be printed on a 6x6 piece of cloth, or men could write their # with Sharpe or something.
-I all for professionalism, but it have men who have that small window of opportunity to show themselves and will be more than willing to show up and show their goods.
-Equipment, how difficult it is for a National staff to get 50-60 balls and 2 sets of bibs?

This is not that difficult, it would require some time more than anything else. We have to keep in the younger players mind that trying out with the National team is a privileged, as such we don't want them to have everything a National team player may have for a full session until they get to that full session. Right now is just Identification. The only requirement maybe that you have to be foreign based.

If I was in T&T I would have put this together.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:46:58 PM by elan »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »
Well papi, you gotta remember that what looks easy usually isn't when TTFF involved. Lincoln can't do it himself and it usually have a fair amount of folks hovering around looking to stitch things up because that's how we could be sometimes. You know the scene.

As for the suggestion of fry bake an cheese? You want to wash dat down wit a solo too?  ;D No wonder the young footballers looking like bone nowadays. Small window or not; do things right or don't do them at all.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:55:08 PM by tempo »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 02:57:45 PM »
here is a sample of our 2004 Schedule, and we doing this since '74 to now, no government or sport body funding, no paid staff, simple fete-match organization, an we have 5 sets ah uniforms, track suit, an ah bowling shirt to booth - an doh we not suffering, none ah we rich, financially anyway - it not that big a deal, when it's necessary, and there is desire. We have 1 1/2 teams, 1/2 for Open & O35 and 1 for O45. Maybe we should run for TTFF(based in canada).
http://www3.sympatico.ca/hilltoppers/EVENTS_SCHEDULE.htm

;D

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 03:04:20 PM »

Palos, boy ah only just recover from losing de bet with you, ah was really looking forward to having "coffee" wid one ah yuh lady friends and dem, but ah lose so PM meh yuh mailing address so ah could send yuh pissing $$$  >:( 

Boy, yuh see how LP prove that is only few ah we who truly understand this game. Pacho is boss.  :beermug:

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 03:26:56 PM »
here is a sample of our 2004 Schedule, and we doing this since '74 to now, no government or sport body funding, no paid staff, simple fete-match organization, an we have 5 sets ah uniforms, track suit, an ah bowling shirt to booth - an doh we not suffering, none ah we rich, financially anyway - it not that big a deal, when it's necessary, and there is desire. We have 1 1/2 teams, 1/2 for Open & O35 and 1 for O45. Maybe we should run for TTFF(based in canada).

;D

That's nice and all. But here's wha. There is about three weeks until the Christmas break. All those who want to talk, talk. Those want and could do, do. I propose to you all to organize a proper venue and all the other items and put on a Socawarriors.net Combine.

If everyone here such diehard fans, it should be no problem getting together 10-15 fellas to handle all the build up, implementation, and tear down. If you guys do that, Flex or a home-based could call up the TD to say everything in place and the TD could organize the coaches.

"I challenge you!!!. And make sure your peeps are there to see it"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 07:02:56 PM »

Palos, in a months time that will be 3 years in the making.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »

;D

That's nice and all. But here's wha. There is about three weeks until the Christmas break. All those who want to talk, talk. Those want and could do, do. I propose to you all to organize a proper venue and all the other items and put on a Socawarriors.net Combine.

If everyone here such diehard fans, it should be no problem getting together 10-15 fellas to handle all the build up, implementation, and tear down. If you guys do that, Flex or a home-based could call up the TD to say everything in place and the TD could organize the coaches.

We do not have the contact info to do such. The TD have that to his finger tips. Get the info on all players and I am sure Flex or Tallman can make it happen. Its not easy, but its not hard either.

If the players are already at home and most of us base here then what can we do.

What the TD can do is, run an ad in the T&T papers and the socawarriors.net for easter as it might be to late now and have a open door to all US based to enter, have them bring their own gears and the TTFF will provide refereshments and food. If the US based cannot meet that then they not serious.

The TD gets paid to do a job, not us, he could make something like this work annunally and it will not cost much, I am sure the TTFF or the governament will co-operate.

There is so many football fields in T&T that we can use and I am sure the governament will allow us to use it free, even Jack Warner with the Marvin Lee. Even SSFL fields. All we need is to evaluate the players and make them feel we still care about them.

We have to make an effort we lose to many players in the US. I kow Lincoln hands might be full, but he might be the only person who could make this happen, and I am also sure many here can help, but the TD must put out something solid for people to take it seriously.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 09:33:47 AM »

;D

yuh operating on lil fella ting, there. Challenge ? It is a problem for any of us (including you) to do what YOU/US would like to see done. However,we don't not have that type of organization, shim, we not really an organization at all. The fact is, there is a dedicated organization for that. I don't like how black ppl in some countries are treated by the police force, does not mean, I should go "back to Africa" or start my own police force. The TD cannot accept calls and make plans, based on our(fans) or anybody else agenda for that matter. If P-E Obama call him and say he will do something like this, niether he(TD) or us, can just say thanks, we go send somebody, just tell we when.
The issue is, there is an organization responsible for such, and there are proper procedural practices supposedly in place for this area of Sport in most countries, tho the mthods/procedures may differ. Yet this faucet has remained so tightly closed for such a long time, that it has become rusted and disfunctional. WE can maybe contribute in application of the 'grease' and assistance in opening this tap that may irrigate the field of our National FOOTBALL program.nb: there are many more critical aspects of our society that may require and benefit, greater from our little input - kudos to christmas program, Subsequently, although assistance in such a venture may always be welcome, not necessarily by all aspects of that organizing body, determing the purpose, necessity, requirements, and expectations, and continuity are some of the major factors that would make this endeavour a productive one, is something that could be totally above our heads. These are the things that must be conducted at a dedicated(paid) and Centralized organization, and not something that can be handled by us, who have other responsibilties, commitments and jobs. So you are absolutely right to say it's not easy for an accountant to build a house, though he can budget, and assist, yet if a construction company not sure where and how to start a project, then they shouldn't be in charge of such, should they ? Yuh follow meh ?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:59:14 AM by maxg »

Offline Debbie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »
I know this is an old interview but it was an excellent read.

I came upon it after I google some related topic.

Nice job by both guys.

1]; } ?>