April 26, 2024, 07:23:31 PM

Author Topic: Arrest in beating of Candice Worrell.  (Read 9393 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arrest in beating of Candice Worrell.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
Dey give dat man bail? Aggravated assault by a flight risk is a bailable offence. I know people in jail for weed and cya get no bail and dey born in Trinidad. This trini beat up a girl, rob she and nearly kill she and get bail?
Allyuh wrap allyuh head around dat. Is either Weed real dangerous or assault, robbery and just being an asshole in society is not as dangerous. Time to trade in dat spliff for a cutlass or brass knuckles.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »
Dey give dat man bail? Aggravated assault by a flight risk is a bailable offence. I know people in jail for weed and cya get no bail and dey born in Trinidad. This trini beat up a girl, rob she and nearly kill she and get bail?
Allyuh wrap allyuh head around dat. Is either Weed real dangerous or assault, robbery and just being an asshole in society is not as dangerous. Time to trade in dat spliff for a cutlass or brass knuckles.

Bail is decided on a case by case basis not by comparing one type of crime to another.  Although, yeah I am surprised that he got bail given the nature of the charges.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 03:13:18 AM »

Bail is decided on a case by case basis not by comparing one type of crime to another.  Although, yeah I am surprised that he got bail given the nature of the charges.
I'm sure I was being cynical and trying to make a point at the same time.  I see ah man thief 367,000 TT (not thief - embezzle) and get bail and meh pardna bampee cya see de sunlight yet for dat half cake ah compress he move with from de pusher man quarters.   (true story)   ;)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:50 AM »
Since he 'fled to guyana' before, what will stop him being a flight risk now if someone bails him?

so how did he slip back in from guyana?

Fellas, the Express had it wrong.  The suspect didn't go to Guyana, the phone did.  I had it wrong too based on the Express article but Lasana's article on the story made the correction.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
Since he 'fled to guyana' before, what will stop him being a flight risk now if someone bails him?

so how did he slip back in from guyana?

Fellas, the Express had it wrong.  The suspect didn't go to Guyana, the phone did.  I had it wrong too based on the Express article but Lasana's article on the story made the correction.......
Correct, Bakes also pointed it out on the previous page :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
I'm sure I was being cynical and trying to make a point at the same time.  I see ah man thief 367,000 TT (not thief - embezzle) and get bail and meh pardna bampee cya see de sunlight yet for dat half cake ah compress he move with from de pusher man quarters.   (true story)   ;)

It all depends on de perceived threat to society... along with whether they are a flight risk.  Your pardna might not be a flight risk, but the amount of drugs involved might imply a danger to society (not just from him, but the people he dealing with).  The embezzler eh no threat to society, although he might be a flight risk.  In the case of Candace's attacker, the nature of the crime, along with suspicions that he's been involved in the same before implies that he's a risk.  His ties to Guyana, even thru an accomplice also implies a flight risk. So yeah, agree with your larger point (which I also acknowledged earlier) that granting him bail is a bit surprising.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
Based on dis fella criminal track record, how he find work as a Security Guard? Big, muscular bad john is all it takes? No background check? 20/20 Vision or Illusion more like it.

1]; } ?>