April 25, 2024, 12:05:49 AM

Author Topic: Aubrey David pulled a Ricky Shakes?  (Read 6006 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aubrey David pulled a Ricky Shakes?
« on: May 18, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »
Aubrey David came on as a sub for T&T against Antigua and Barbuda back in February but now it appears he is playing for Guyana (at least according to Jamaican commentators who could be wrong I suppose).

Anyone else hear about this?

EDIT: Seems pretty certain, two different commentary teams said it was him and he was apparently a big defender which fits the profile.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:47:07 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Aubrey David pulled a Ricky Shakes?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 09:23:18 AM »
Shabaaz is a TTFF employee, getting paid by T&T and thieving we players too.

De man was also one of T&T's biggest terrorist.

What else can he do again.. shoot down Kamla !!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »

we take players so why cant we lose as well?  if the guy wants to play for another country so be it.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 10:00:53 AM »

I doh blame he.  T&T come like Pan Am.  Not goin anywhere.  At least Guyana theoretically have a chance to go World Cup in Brazil and dey have MEANINGFUL GAMES to play.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 06:55:40 PM »
This is a report on the Guyana vs Jamaica match, no Aubrey David mentioned in the lineup, unless his name is Kester!!!!

http://www.goldenjags.com/jaguars-lose-1-0-to-reggae-boyzmontego-bay-jamaica-guyanas-golden/

Jaguars went down 1-nil to Jamaica when the two teams met on Friday evening at the Catherine Hall Stadium in Montego Bay Jamaica, in their FIFA International Friendly.In front of a lively crowd in the St.James parish capital which is known to be a lucrative tourist destination, the first half ended scoreless as the Jaguars defended valiantly under the assault of the “Reggae Boyz” attack, led by captain and striker Luton Shelton. Although the initial stages of the second was almost carbon body to the first half, Guyana begun to step up the gas with forward Carl Cort and wingers Dwain “Dugin” Jacobs and Dwight Peters leading the charge.
 However in the 61st minute, Jamaicans would find the back of the net. 21year old forward Jeremie Lynch of Jamaican Premier League side, Harbour View FC, scored on his debut to hand the Reggae Boys the victory.Lynch was a late replacement into the Jamaica squad after star striker Ricardo Fuller had pulled out.
 Guyana almost pulled a goal-back in the dying minutes of the game when right back Kester David headed a corner from Peters into the cross-bar.
 With both teams preparing for the third round of the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Qualifiers, the Jaguars will now travel to play Panama on May 20th.They then wrap up their preparation with a camp at a undisclosed South American location, before heading to Mexico where they would face the home side on June 8 in the first game of the qualifiers at the world famous Estadio Azetca, in which the 1970 and 1986 world cup finals where held.Guyana is drawn alongside Mexico, El Salvador and Costa Rica, while Jamaica will face the likes of Guatemala, USA and Antigua and Barbuda.

Guyana-
 Richards Reynolds, Julien Edwards, Kester Jacobs (Trayon Bobb-65th), Kester David, Shawn Beveney (Anthony Abrams-73rd), Carl Cort (Vurol Mills-75th), Konata Mannings (Anthony Benfield-50th), Charles Pollard, Dwain Jacobs (Colin Nelson-82nd), Dwight Peters (Brandon Beresford-74th), Kayode McKinnon

Subs not used: Ronson Williams, Daniel Wilson,
 Booked: Mannings-35th

Jamaica-
 Jacomeno Barrett, Rohan Reid (Renae Lloyd-82nd), Luton Shelton, Nathan Smith (Lance Laing-53rd), Keammar Daley (Sean Fraser-71st), Ewan Grandison, Joel Senior (Errol Steven-54th), Jeremie Lynch (Dino Williams-77th), Nyron Nosworthy (Damion Stewart-82nd), Adrian Mariappa, Xavian Virgo
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:05:55 PM by soccerrama »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »
This is a report on the Guyana vs Jamaica match, no Aubrey David mentioned in the lineup, unless his name is Kester!!!!
There is no mention of a Kester David from Guyana anywhere prior to this week.

Now if you look at this picture:

I am no expert, but I believe this is how the picture goes

(back row) David, Beveney, McKinnon, D Jacobs, Cort, K Jacobs
(front row) Mannings, Edwards, Richards, Pollard, Peters

This is Aubrey David jumping

It is hard to say because the faces are far away but Carl Cort is 6'4" and I'm sure thats him and Aubrey David is 6'2" according to SocaWarriors' information so the guy identified would fit that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:25:57 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:08:06 AM »

How he could take ppl if they didn't want to go.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 06:35:07 AM »
Is David of Guyanese parentage. Is he married(legally) to a Guyanese woman (or man).

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 10:55:26 AM »

(back row) David, Beveney, McKinnon, D Jacobs, Cort, K Jacobs
(front row) Mannings, Edwards, Richards, Pollard, Peters
So it turns out I wasn't even close with my recognition, only got about 5 of the players right.  David is directly behind the keeper in the back row and it is apprently him.  I guess in my defence it was a very low quality picture.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:04:38 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 05:02:37 AM »
I saw Aubrey David on the bench for Guyana when they played Mexico last week.

I wonder what relation he has with Guyana ?

Still waiting on Anton Corneal to get back to me, he has been getting back to me a while now (since may 19th)....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 05:39:11 AM »
I saw Aubrey David on the bench for Guyana when they played Mexico last week.

I wonder what relation he has with Guyana ?

Still waiting on Anton Corneal to get back to me, he has been getting back to me a while now (since may 19th)....

he probable don't know.He has to find out just like everybody else.We don't have proper bio and stats on players in Trinidad. Shabazz is probably the better bet.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 09:37:33 AM »
In all fairness, I don't think a player could hit us a Rickey Shakes.

Rather they hit Shakes a "TTFF," and fortunately for him he managed to salvage his career nevertheless.

V B

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 05:14:24 AM »
royal, so Anton cant make a 2 minute call and asked Shabaaz ?

He is de TD and should know whats going on with T&T football.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 06:46:38 AM »
My message to the TTFF

ME: If David played for T&T, switch to Guyana and got capped and switch back to T&T, it is illegal.  The rules state that you can only switch ONCE. T&T could lose all the games by default.

TTFF: We are looking into it, checking the legality of his appearance with Guyana, he never made the official switch as the TTFF never completed the clearance for Guyana.

ME: I believe the rule states that you can only change once, which would mean it does not matter if he was only on the bench for Guyana. By the way, how is David eligible for Guyana?

TTFF: He was born there.... Shabazz is saying he wasn't capped in an official match for Guyana, apparently the friendly wasn't Fifa approved. We'll find out more tomorrow.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 07:54:28 AM »
well done Flex
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »
As far as I know, he never got capped by Guyana in a competitive match. He was on the bench for their games against Costa Rica and Mexico, but never played.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 10:11:09 AM »
TTFF: He was born there.... Shabazz is saying he wasn't capped in an official match for Guyana, apparently the friendly wasn't Fifa approved. We'll find out more tomorrow.
David played in two friendlies for Guyana last May, one against Jamaica and one against Panama.  The one against Panama was played behind closed doors and is not listed on the FIFA site (though it was initially), though the one against Jamaica is.  I was sent the official reports on both of these matches by CONCACAF, and was told that the Panama match was considered official as well, as it was played "under the rules of the laws of the game."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:14:10 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »
This is some serious :bs: 

So who know TTFF business if they eh know they own business?

How you go have are TD who eh know what going on with he players?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
Article 18  - Change of Association
1. If a Player has more than one nationality, or if a Player acquires a new nationality, or if a Player is eligible to play for several representative teams due to nationality, he may, only once, request to change the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches to the Association of another country of which he holds nationality, subject to the following conditions:

(a) He has not played a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition at “A” international level for his current Association, and at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition for his current Association, he already had the nationality of the representative team for which he wishes to play.

(b) He is not permitted to play for his new Association in any competition in which he has already played for his previous Association.

2. If a Player who has been fielded by his Association in an international match in accordance with art. 15 par. 2 permanently loses the nationality of that country without his consent or against his will due to a decision by a government authority, he may request permission to play for another Association whose nationality he already has or has acquired.

3. Any Player who has the right to change Associations in accordance with par. 1 and 2 above shall submit a written, substantiated request to the FIFA general secretariat. The Players’ Status Committee shall decide on the request. The procedure will be in accordance with the Rules Governing the Procedures of the Players’ Status Committee and the Dispute Resolution Chamber. Once the Player has fi led his request, he is not eligible to play for any representative team until his request has been processed.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>