March 29, 2024, 09:11:44 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea joins Greece as the most forgettable "winners" of a major championship  (Read 20331 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
The difference being that in a year, you'll still be able to name Drogba (and no one else) as a member of that Chelsea team :devil:

I HATE THE KIND OF "STRATEGY" THAT CHELSEA, WHO SPENT HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS/EUROS TO BUY ALLEGEDLY THE BEST PLAYERS, EMPLOYED FOR THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT.

It's not good for the game whatsoever.

Mods merge/delete/trash to allyuh hearts content and yes...dis is a hater thread. 

I am a hater.

Hater of anti football.  :flamethrower:

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Steups.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yea Palos I with u on dis one, that Chelsea side is real toots in terms of playing quality, for the tru love of the game, they should not even hve made it past Napoli...
But I guess its a game based on results, thats all that matters. And the players had real heart. At evey moment they were tested over the last few months they somehow managed to claw back. That counts for something I guess.

They are not much different to T&T at Germany in terms of their strategies last few games in the UCL, you hadda play within your means. Chelsea know they cannot play head on football with any of the other 3 semi finalists, so they devise a plan to give them the best shot...And it wuk.

I personally dont have a favourite european team, some I do like more than some, Chelsea is one of those I dont really care for. As far as I concerned they just a notch above Man City in terms of football pedigree, although all this money they have and a few big name players, they are still a relatively "small side" compared to Bayern.

The best thing about the game yesterady was to see Drogba in action, as well as the 2 best keepers on the planet.
that goal by drogba was insane, to beat a keeper of that pedigree and string him up on the near post to boot....
I have a feeling Abrohimivic, although happy with the title, gonna do some major changes in the summer - he aint a man who want to be associated with a boring team that park the bus. Chelsea look like world beaters when they play smaller sides in the premiership, but against top teams they look very ordinary. RDM will definitely be replaced. Little wonder the Russian call Guardiola and tell him to name his price...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Steups.....
I not surprised by your response

You does support a team that play de same way and deservedly get dey ass buss by Spain in South Africa!  :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yea Palos I with u on dis one, that Chelsea side is real toots in terms of playing quality, for the tru love of the game, they should not even hve made it past Napoli...
But I guess its a game based on results, thats all that matters. And the players had real heart. At evey moment they were tested over the last few months they somehow managed to claw back. That counts for something I guess.

They are not much different to T&T at Germany in terms of their strategies last few games in the UCL, you hadda play within your means. Chelsea know they cannot play head on football with any of the other 3 semi finalists, so they devise a plan to give them the best shot...And it wuk.

I personally dont have a favourite european team, some I do like more than some, Chelsea is one of those I dont really care for. As far as I concerned they just a notch above Man City in terms of football pedigree, although all this money they have and a few big name players, they are still a relatively "small side" compared to Bayern.

The best thing about the game yesterady was to see Drogba in action, as well as the 2 best keepers on the planet.
that goal by drogba was insane, to beat a keeper of that pedigree and string him up on the near post to boot....
I have a feeling Abrohimivic, although happy with the title, gonna do some major changes in the summer - he aint a man who want to be associated with a boring team that park the bus. Chelsea look like world beaters when they play smaller sides in the premiership, but against top teams they look very ordinary. RDM will definitely be replaced. Little wonder the Russian call Guardiola and tell him to name his price...

He call Pep? Look ting.
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Steups.....
I not surprised by your response

You does support a team that play de same way and deservedly get dey ass buss by Spain in South Africa!  :devil:

Aye, aye, aye......have some respect for the ORANJE!!!..... :shameonyou: :shameonyou:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Forgettable?  Rubbish.  Say yuh doh like how they played, but the semis and final wins are stuff of legend. 
NOBODY will forget those games.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Forgettable?  Rubbish.  Say yuh doh like how they played, but the semis and final wins are stuff of legend. 

I Will
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Maybe peeps dat believe in tooth fairy and dem ting so.

Dem games memorable only fuh de sheer LUCK dat Chelsea had and if Chelsea fans honest, dey will admit that.

Yes yuh need a dose a luck to win any championship. A bounce here, a lucky break there.

But Chelsea eh jes get a dose in this CL. Dem use up de whole forkane salary. Me never know till now dat white people does wuk so much obeah  ;D

At the end of the day, the DISGRACEFUL thing about all of this is that Chelsea, a squad that cost hundreds of million to assemble, play de likes of Napoli, Barca, and Bayern like if Bolton or Wolves was playin dem teams.

And fuh does who bawlin bout suspensions and injuries, ah guess allyuh CORNVENIENTLY FORGET dat Bayern had dey own suspensions and injuries. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:25:31 PM by palos »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I Will

Ha
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Dem games memorable only fuh de sheer LUCK day Chelsea had and if Chelsea fans honest, dey will admit that.

Yes yuh need a dose a luck to win any championship. A bounce here, a lucky break there.

But Chelsea eh jes get a dose in this CL. Dem use up de whole forkane salary. Me never know till now dat white people does wuk so much obeah  ;D

Wha yuh feel white magic is?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

Allegedly the parked bus dey used against Barca and Bayern was used for the parade! Shit side!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allegedly the parked bus dey used against Barca and Bayern was used for the parade! Shit side!

Nah they wanted to borrow the one Man U used against Man City but that one kept breaking down..!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile

Nah they wanted to borrow the one Man U used against Man City but that one kept breaking down..!!!
zing!!!!!!
I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Absolute rubbish talk. NO sense at all. I am surprised!!!

Great Job Chelsea.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Leverkusen, Valencia, Napoli, Benfica, Barcelona, Bayern... Yet allyuh sayin my team is shit????????

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Leverkusen, Valencia, Napoli, Benfica, Barcelona, Bayern... Yet allyuh sayin my team is shit????????

Yuh team is not shit

Yuh team PLAY shit ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chelsea win the game fair and square. Bayern had their chances and did not fullfill. Whose faults. Chelsea played the game within their limitations and won. What would you guys do if you were the Chelsea coach or a coach of a team playing Bayern or Barca? Play open footbal and get 6. Allyuh is real friggin, jokers. Chelsea has been in the CL consistently. They have been to the 1/4 and semis on an number of occasions, plus they lost to Manu(my side) in Moscow. They have pedigree. They may not be a big club but their name is just as famous as Bayern all over the world. People does name their daughters Chelsea(ask Bill Clinton). Would you name your son Bayern. Better yet, Bavarian. Congrats to Chelski. What would have been boring is to see the same teams win, year after year. Oh gorm, give the Chelski fans a break nah.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
They have pedigree. They may not be a big club but their name is just as famous as Bayern all over the world.
Yuh realize dat Chelsea does spend nearly 3 times de amount Bayern does spend on players?

Yet dey playin dem like if is W Connection playin Bayern?

DISGRACEFUL!  :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 :rotfl: :rotfl:  :devil: funny when UTD beat Barca the Chelsea fans was saying the same thing , now its ok ? lol . Admit alyuh park the bus nah.  ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Dem games memorable only fuh de sheer LUCK dat Chelsea had and if Chelsea fans honest, dey will admit that.

At the end of the day, the DISGRACEFUL thing about all of this is that Chelsea, a squad that cost hundreds of million to assemble, play de likes of Napoli, Barca, and Bayern like if Bolton or Wolves was playin dem teams.

And fuh does who bawlin bout suspensions and injuries, ah guess allyuh CORNVENIENTLY FORGET dat Bayern had dey own suspensions and injuries. 

palos yuh talkin' a setta shit.  the suspensions and injuries that Bayern had in no way, shape or form compares in effect to how Chelsea's own hampered them.  Bayern only had ONE man missing that was their best defender.  You cannot compare that to chelsea missing John Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires. Added to the fact that Bayern is the better team to begin with.  Which game were you watching that suggest Chelsea park any bus against Napoli?  Who in they right mind would park a friggin' bus with a 3-1 deficit? FOH!  Did they park the bus in the first leg against Barca? Yes they did.  I dunno too many teams does play against them that don't. I don't see how you could call the second leg a parking of the bus.  Barca was (expectedly) holding Chelsea under siege.  Same thing yesterday, Bayern was relentless in attack (as expected) but didn't finish their chances. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is a hater thread, Alyuh logic doh apply here -_-
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is a hater thread, Alyuh logic doh apply here -_-

:rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In any event, it's romanticism to assert that the game should be played one way over the other. I used to subscribe to the view that there are superior philosophies in football, but in actuality there are only superior results.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
palos yuh talkin' a setta shit.  the suspensions and injuries that Bayern had in no way, shape or form compares in effect to how Chelsea's own hampered them.  Bayern only had ONE man missing that was their best defender.  You cannot compare that to chelsea missing John Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires.

Yuh jes show dat yuh does ONLY watch BPL.

Bayern was missing dey central defender, starting right wing back (de black yute from Austria) and starting defensive midfielder (de Brazilian) against Chelsea.  But you wouldn't be familair wit dat.  Is only Chelsea yuh know  :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
In any event, it's romanticism to assert that the game should be played one way over the other. I used to subscribe to the view that there are superior philosophies in football, but in actuality there are only superior results.
Tell dat to Di Matteo when Pep tek ova in September

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
palos yuh talkin' a setta shit.  the suspensions and injuries that Bayern had in no way, shape or form compares in effect to how Chelsea's own hampered them.  Bayern only had ONE man missing that was their best defender.  You cannot compare that to chelsea missing John Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires.

Yuh jes show dat yuh does ONLY watch BPL.

Bayern was missing dey central defender, starting right wing back (de black yute from Austria) and starting defensive midfielder (de Brazilian) against Chelsea.  But you wouldn't be familair wit dat.  Is only Chelsea yuh know  :devil:

yuh not understanding the statement, I know who Bayern was missing, but when you compare the importance of each player to each team, Chelsea's injury/suspension list was more devastating to them than Bayern's was to their team. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tell dat to Di Matteo when Pep tek ova in September

Whether Pep could replicate "Barca" is left to be seen. However, the superior results position will forever remain as vindication for Abramovich's approach and a headache/repudiation for AVB and his view of a "superior" philosophy (not to mention AVB's career confidence).

Because Abramovich is the man he is and the man he has been (Scolari, Ancelotti et al all gone) ... even if RDM goes, the football world will recognize the truth.

Who knows? Abramovich might be a football ideologue, but his selection of past managers suggest the he isn't an adherent of any particular school of thought. Pep would just be the latest installment of an eclectic set of varied managerial choices all rooted in one singular commonality: the hope of winning.

Either way he goes (keep RDM or replace RDM), the squad has to be overhauled. Pep would be better off taking over City.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:58:43 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>