March 29, 2024, 03:17:18 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea joins Greece as the most forgettable "winners" of a major championship  (Read 20326 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This thread just epitomizes what I have said before that Chelsea has to be one of the most hated team in sports..

One CL and Chelsea is the Yankees, the Lakers and LeBron now? Try and get over yourself. Yuh conscious of how people percieve Chelsea because you are a fan but it ent anything special about Chelsea.

People hate on successful teams. The longer the history of success or more intense the period of success, the more people will hate.

In the World of sports Chelsea is a small name because they now start winning things. Chelsea barely have the name recognition of the teams that people like to hate, much less for people to have any time or energy to devote to not liking them.

The thread yuh posting in contradicts what you sayin.  Also Lebron doh have any titles yet, unless yuh countin MVPs, which are not championships.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
This is nonesense.

By this logic the only side with fans that not leeching off status is Bognor Regis Town. Chelsea with Vialli and Zola was already an established, top-flight successful side. They wasn’t winning multiple trophies they were still in the mix and regularly in Europe and were clearly on an upward swing.

That Chelses side that you choose to bless as the "partron of underdog teams" was already spending big money on players to compete with the big names. Is not like yuh choose to support Coventry or Southampton, or a Chelsea side with Vinny Jones and Dave Beasant, so don’t pat yuhself on the back too hard.

The whole argument of figuring out why somebody else choose to back a side is nonesense because the most you could do is guess what draw somebody to back a club.

What drew you to de club yuh does support?

For me it was watching Marcel Desailly in 1998 WC and hearing he went to Chelsea.  Immediately I started following Chelsea as i really enjoyed watching this defender play.  I had no clue about the team, nor their history but he drew me there and I never left!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JDB, one of the big (I find) differences between manu in '08 and Chelsea of this year is that manu (players, fans and coaching staff alike) always fancied themselves against Barca in '08 and then they came and parked the bus and Barca in '08 was not yet quite the finished product they have been over the last 2-3 years.  Chelsea didn't stand a chance against either Barca or Bayern and I don't think even the most loyal Chelsea supporter felt in their hearts that they had a chance....nor did Chelsea's most venemous haters.  .  Manu was not in a David vs Goliath situation as we were in the last two matchups, so, even from a neutral's standpoint, I think it is a little more understanding why Chelsea had to park the bus. 

Yuh wrong dey doh eh king!  I always had faith dat chelsea could win this whole thing.  I was galvanized and convinced when we took care of Barca @ the bridge.  Cah say throughout none of the games I didn't worry a lil bit, but I never doubted it.  During the final I was watching and the more Bayern missed the more convinced I became that we was going to win.  Even when Muller score, I watch the clock an say to mehself dis eh done doh fret.  When ah see Muller off ah breath easy becaw dat meant they goin an try to absorb pressure and de fact dat he was a persistent thorn in we ass i was happy to see him off.  When ah see Kalou off, Torres on ah say nice "is now self we go make something happen.  When we win da corner ah call meh small man an say come an watch ah piece of history right now.  He reach just in time to see de net bulging.  He din even kno de score ax if Chelsea win ah say nah "not yet but soon"  I eh mean to ramble on eh buh ah jess showin yuh nah, I know fuh me I never doubted and I sure it have nuff man like me too.  Maybe we was delusional to be so confident but some of us believed we was winnin dat no matter waht!!  Tank god we win caw Jah kno is rell shit talk I woulda ha to endure from all de haters who I tell from long time all on facebook we winnin dat!!!

I gladly stand corrected, Boss.  I fuh one didn't have that confidence going into each matchup that we woulda pull them orff and even against Napoli I was a little worried because Napoli really have been playing good these past couple years and we was a team in total disarray.  But, like ah said yesterday, I glad it have plenty Chelsea fans to prop meh up wit some confidence.   :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
This is nonesense.

By this logic the only side with fans that not leeching off status is Bognor Regis Town. Chelsea with Vialli and Zola was already an established, top-flight successful side. They wasn’t winning multiple trophies they were still in the mix and regularly in Europe and were clearly on an upward swing.

That Chelses side that you choose to bless as the "partron of underdog teams" was already spending big money on players to compete with the big names. Is not like yuh choose to support Coventry or Southampton, or a Chelsea side with Vinny Jones and Dave Beasant, so don’t pat yuhself on the back too hard.

The whole argument of figuring out why somebody else choose to back a side is nonesense because the most you could do is guess what draw somebody to back a club.

For me it was watching Marcel Desailly in 1998 WC and hearing he went to Chelsea.  Immediately I started following Chelsea as i really enjoyed watching this defender play.  I had no clue about the team, nor their history but he drew me there and I never left!

Personally I really disliked English football in the old days because I found it to be boring voom kick football. I couldn't stomach FA cup on a Saturday morning, except if Yorke was playing with Aston Villa.

I loved Italy and Italian football since World Cup 1990, and when Chelsea started bringing over Italians like Vialli, Zola, Casiraghi, Di Matteo plus the non-english players like Desailly, Lebouef, Hasselbaink, Flo then i fall for them. Had also like Newcastle at the time for similar reasons with Asprilla, Ginola, Albert and company.

Also Chelsea wear blue, and blue is the color!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
I gladly stand corrected, Boss.  I fuh one didn't have that confidence going into each matchup that we woulda pull them orff and even against Napoli I was a little worried because Napoli really have been playing good these past couple years and we was a team in total disarray.  But, like ah said yesterday, I glad it have plenty Chelsea fans to prop meh up wit some confidence.   :beermug:

I have ah bredrin he tell meh on he job every man jack was against Chelsea an so he was cussin dem regular lol.  De man say not one is ah Bayern fan yet every lass one say Bayern go f**k we up an dey backin Bayern.  He tell me he say f**k allyuh Chelsea eh come dis far to lose so put dat in allyuh pipe an smoke it.  Before da Bayern game me an he talk an I was sizing up Bayern an tellin him I ah lil bit worried because of Robben, Ribery, Gomez and Muller because all is serious threats.  De man tell meh I songin like if ah eh sure we winnin.  So he was even more confident dan me lol.  Yesterday we limin an he vex becaw Friday was he last day on da job site after he had to endure all da shit talk over the last 6 weeks he cah even geh to rub it een dey face :rotfl:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
People don't hate winners, jed.  People hate the way winners comport themselves.  Man doh hate manu because they are successful....is how fergie's and his players and plenty of allyuh fans' behaviour is what does bring the hate.

The idea that one setta fans is somehow less gracious than another based on the personality of the fans does not hold water. All fan groups are huge enough to be representaions of the society they are from. The idea that one group of people in a society will gravitate to one club and not another just doesn’t make sense when you think it through.

Chelsea fans on here just as obnoxious as any others when they win something. Given 20 years of regular success people would be complaining about Chelsea fans just as much as United fans. They will have just as much of these “jump on” fans that Omar can’t associate himself with.

Is the same reason most people don't hate on men like Magic Johnson, James Worthy and Michael Jordan.  Them men carried themselves a certain way that made it hard to hate them.  LeBron?  Why is anybody hating on him? He eh win nutting yet.

People rarely hate on individuals as much as the franchises. The Yankees and the Lakers are examples people people hate on them for success, their financial muscle and being big market teams. Chelsea is now getting a taste of that, winning things, having a lot of money and being a big market team (regular top 4).

They are getting what other successfual teams get it does not make them especially hated. It only feel so to Omar because he is a Chelsea fan.

And LeBron is an expection, of sorts. He is an individual who is successful, has financial muscle and is the biggest brand in basketball and people have a visceral desire to dee him fail as a result.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thats a reason why i can't back no side like Man Utd, Real Madrid, Lakers, Yankees etc...

Most ah dem fans are fans of the success, i.e. they jump up on  the team when already and had the namebrand. They pick the best team to back so that when they win, they could be a part and parcel of that and leech off the status. They vex now because Chelsea come in the mix and upset dey apple cart.

This is nonesense.

By this logic the only side with fans that not leeching off status is Bognor Regis Town.

Other non-leeches are local supporters and people who supported pre-success.
Everybody else is leeches, all a dem.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
I going and pick up meh money, some english boys all bet against Chelsea, I bet that we winning and Drogba will be the hero.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
This is nonesense.

Personally I really disliked English football in the old days because I found it to be boring voom kick football. I couldn't stomach FA cup on a Saturday morning, except if Yorke was playing with Aston Villa.

I loved Italy and Italian football since World Cup 1990, and when Chelsea started bringing over Italians like Vialli, Zola, Casiraghi, Di Matteo plus the non-english players like Desailly, Lebouef, Hasselbaink, Flo then i fall for them. Had also like Newcastle at the time for similar reasons with Asprilla, Ginola, Albert and company.

Also Chelsea wear blue, and blue is the color!

The only time i had any interest in English football before that was to see DY play.  If he wasn't playing I wasn't interested in the least.  Like you I was a fan of Italian football but I was a neutral and just enjoyed the games for what they offered.  Blue is definitely the color though, biased or not I love we colour more than any other

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
People rarely hate on individuals as much as the franchises. The Yankees and the Lakers are examples people people hate on them for success, their financial muscle and being big market teams. Chelsea is now getting a taste of that, winning things, having a lot of money and being a big market team (regular top 4).

They are getting what other successfual teams get it does not make them especially hated. It only feel so to Omar because he is a Chelsea fan.

And LeBron is an expection, of sorts. He is an individual who is successful, has financial muscle and is the biggest brand in basketball and people have a visceral desire to dee him fail as a result.

Dat is shit talk dan!  I myself witness people comin out the woodwork to emphatically back any team other than Chelsea.  Chelsea hasn't had enough success to generate that kind of response and yet it was there.  If you does watch spanish football and your team is Real Madrid as an example, why would you specifically care to express that you want Bayern to win.  Is not man was sayin "Bayern is the stronger team so I expect them to win" ino, man was out and out sayin "I backin Bayern" or "I want Chelsea to lose."  You eh ha to endure it so you wouldn't notice but every Chelsea fan who I kno and does talk to regular was all saying the exact same thing and we all in different circles professionally.  The hate fuh Chelsea seem abnormally strong for such a relatively new team to success.  I could understand ManUre, Liverpool, Real Madrid, etc haters because these teams have a strong legacy of being the best by virtue of all their titles, but Chelsea?!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

Dat is shit talk dan!  I myself witness people comin out the woodwork to emphatically back any team other than Chelsea.  Chelsea hasn't had enough success to generate that kind of response and yet it was there.  If you does watch spanish football and your team is Real Madrid as an example, why would you specifically care to express that you want Bayern to win.  Is not man was sayin "Bayern is the stronger team so I expect them to win" ino, man was out and out sayin "I backin Bayern" or "I want Chelsea to lose."  You eh ha to endure it so you wouldn't notice but every Chelsea fan who I kno and does talk to regular was all saying the exact same thing and we all in different circles professionally.  The hate fuh Chelsea seem abnormally strong for such a relatively new team to success.  I could understand ManUre, Liverpool, Real Madrid, etc haters because these teams have a strong legacy of being the best by virtue of all their titles, but Chelsea?!!

Thank you breds, I doh know how else to explain it but lemme try by asking the 800lb elephant in the room question which i'd like an answer for, which is.............

WHY IS THIS THREAD HERE??

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach

I know yuh on kicks but success is relative. What is pre-success? Being in the top-flight or league football in general is success when you have a thriving non-league system and tons of legendary league clubs who playing non-league football and others who fold-up and disappear altogether.

Luton in the conference and Sheffield United and Wednesday were in League One. By comparison to that everything that Swansea, Wigan and Wolves doing right now is a "success". So they can get new fans then?

Blackburn and Villa are founding members of the league who win multiple titles and cups. So yuh can't back them clubs unless yuh was backing them pre-1900?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach

I don’t know that it matters but my favourite player growing up was Bryan Robson and he was United Captain. I rememebr the 1982 World Cup wher he score against France In the first half a minute. Hughes went on to surpass him as the player I admire when he come back from Barcelona. United wasn’t winning much in the 80’s so I guess Omar will give me a bligh if I explain to him the circmstances. Everybody have they own reason for backing a side.

But even if it was the nineties and they were winning a lot more then what. Small Mag wasn’t even born in the 80’s. The first time he see United they was already winning titles, so that mean he” jump on” because they winning.

The men who was backing Chelsea in the 2nd Division when they had 10,000 people in the Stadium could easily look at Omar and say he” jump on” when the side get money and start bringing in foreigners. That make him a less worthy fan?

Everybody does find they side in a timing. Getting into who is the better/worse fan is generally a nonesense pursuit, which is the point I was trying to make.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
People don't hate winners, jed.  People hate the way winners comport themselves.  Man doh hate manu because they are successful....is how fergie's and his players and plenty of allyuh fans' behaviour is what does bring the hate.

The idea that one setta fans is somehow less gracious than another based on the personality of the fans does not hold water. All fan groups are huge enough to be representaions of the society they are from. The idea that one group of people in a society will gravitate to one club and not another just doesn’t make sense when you think it through.

Chelsea fans on here just as obnoxious as any others when they win something. Given 20 years of regular success people would be complaining about Chelsea fans just as much as United fans. They will have just as much of these “jump on” fans that Omar can’t associate himself with.

Nah, Jed, ah hadda disagree wit yuh here.  Everything you say is, in theory, correct, but ah sorry to say, manu fans have a certain level of obnoxiousness that is unparalleled and unparallel-able!

Is the same reason most people don't hate on men like Magic Johnson, James Worthy and Michael Jordan.  Them men carried themselves a certain way that made it hard to hate them.  LeBron?  Why is anybody hating on him? He eh win nutting yet.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I know yuh on kicks but success is relative. What is pre-success? Being in the top-flight or league football in general is success when you have a thriving non-league system and tons of legendary league clubs who playing non-league football and others who fold-up and disappear altogether.

Luton in the conference and Sheffield United and Wednesday were in League One. By comparison to that everything that Swansea, Wigan and Wolves doing right now is a "success". So they can get new fans then?

Blackburn and Villa are founding members of the league who win multiple titles and cups. So yuh can't back them clubs unless yuh was backing them pre-1900?

I not jokin at all.
Yuh could back anybody yuh want, just be realistic about why you started supporting a club.

Clubs get more supporters when they move up divisions and I'm sure that some supporters will look down on these newer fans for jumpin on the bandwagon.

Hardly any of us in Trini have any kind of root in the UK and Europe to say we have an attachment to a club the same way the original fans (people who live in the club's area) back a club.  So when yuh see men on this board talkin about how they are die-hard Man U men or whatever, I take it with a grain of salt because I know that most of them didn't feel that way pre-1998.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Small Mag wasn’t even born in the 80’s. The first time he see United they was already winning titles, so that mean he” jump on” because they winning.

Yes.  :D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Small Mag wasn’t even born in the 80’s. The first time he see United they was already winning titles, so that mean he” jump on” because they winning.

Yes.  :D
nah I almost sure d manu ting hereditary jus like d england ting...............but winnin is always ah factor for "far removed" fans.............I personally did loss touch wit english and Int. club football for years especially when TTT stop bringing regular football an I din get cable for years after dat .......den I went by my aunt and was flippin through channels bounce up ah chelsea game and started watchin..........drogba came on as ah sub as he used to in d earlies and score ah double was very impressed with d man play........and I will admit how "black" d team was and dat was dat................had no clue bout dey record previous to dat.
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

I doh hate Chelsea.  Chelsea is neither here nor there for me.

I hate de "Sc**thorpe vs Barcelona" brand dey does often employ.  I actually enjoyed tde brand dey played early in de BPL season under Ancelotti.  Destroyin teams with attacking, incisive, POSITIVE football.

When Mourinho was dem coach, I didn't like he anti football strategy den needah.  Still doh like it no matter what team he with

Di Matteo ramp up de anti football in dis CL.  THAT I HATE.  If Arsenal or Milan or Brazil employ dem tactics, I will HATE dat too.

De only team I support that will escape that is T&T because T&T doh have de talent level, ability, experience etc against better teams.  But if T&T employ dem so called "tactics" against Guyana, Grenada or one a dem sides so, ah will HATE it same way

So if Chelsea supporters want to tek it pussonal doh matter to me.  I statin my opinion as allyuh free to state allyuh own.

I HATE HOW CHELSEA PLAYED THIS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.  COWARDLY, BITCH FOOTBALL!  :devil:

If Bolton or Stoke did play Bayern in de CL Final and play so, ah woulda be one de first to congratulate dem.  Dem doh have de resources or players to compete and would have employed whatever they can to win....including about 5 years worth of CL LUCK.

If allyuh want to equate Chelsea with de likes of Stoke and Boltion dem....it would be a different case.  But the reality is different.  Chelsea supposed to be one of the best and playing cowardly football is/should be beneath them. 

When yuh tink bout it, it's quite fitting that John Terry raise de cup in full gears.  Nex he go be raisin de European Cup with Germany or Spain too :devil:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:56:16 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I HATE HOW CHELSEA PLAYED THIS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.  COWARDLY, BITCH FOOTBALL!  :devil:

so I take it u would run een with yuh 300 without d protection of d hot gates even if yuh knew u would be slaughtered in an open confrontation

I did love d marauding chelsea beast under ancelotti too...but he too could not tame barca
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:35:30 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile

Thank you breds, I doh know how else to explain it but lemme try by asking the 800lb elephant in the room question which i'd like an answer for, which is.............

I find u rel out of place to be asking that. Go and celebrate and leave we alone please.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:11:17 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Level Shit talk from Palos lol.  It bunnin allyuh dat is Chelsea ha da trophy, plain and simple.  Just because we team didn't have delusions of Grandeur with 2 CBs fresh off hamstring injuries and an offense that has been for the most part economical (anemic probably better here) and rush een and geh destroyed allyuh vex.  The bottom line is allyuh wanted to see Chelsea lose and because we didn't it hurts.  No worries everyone will have their chance to take it next year, but this year allyuh ha to suck it!!! :rotfl:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Level Shit talk from Palos lol.  It bunnin allyuh dat is Chelsea ha da trophy, plain and simple.  Just because we team didn't have delusions of Grandeur with 2 CBs fresh off hamstring injuries and an offense that has been for the most part economical (anemic probably better here) and rush een and geh destroyed allyuh vex.  The bottom line is allyuh wanted to see Chelsea lose and because we didn't it hurts.  No worries everyone will have their chance to take it next year, but this year allyuh ha to suck it!!! :rotfl:

1+++++++++++++++++++++++++
I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Heart of Champions, Chelsea.

A could only wish T&T could borrow some of Chelsea's determination
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

If we was eligible, even T&T coulda win CL too if we had de kinda sheer LUCK chelsea enjoyed fuh de entire competition :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Penalties is luck. Chelsea were lucky :)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Alyuh right this same side is largely the same side that cut bauer  arse at Hayden in the quarters two years ago 4-2 a couple years back wih strong powerful football to mo avail n yet u hating them for wining it now by gettin it done ugly ??? Alyuh good yes when inter get past barca wit tht football every dy cheer Jose ....but like he said those who downgrade what Chelsea accomplish have no idea of fighting wih ur back against the wall against the odds and triumphing feels like !!

I only wonder tho if it was Trinidad vs spain would alyuh say d same thing

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
All de hate I heap on Man U over the years, I cah touch the amount of hate Palos showin for Chelsea in here nah.   :applause:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Since I following English football on tv from the early 70s, Chelsea always tried to play "pretty" football which never took them anywhere. They were a good cup side. FA and league. In 70/71 they beat Leeds in an FA replay and then went on to win the Euro cup-winners-cup, the next year. They came TT with Southamptom. We had the opportunity to see Peter Bonetti, Peter Osgood, Alan Hudson(Alf Ramsey did not like this guy at all), Derek Smethurst, Charlie Cook. But that is as far as they used to go until Italians came and they start playing nicer ball but still not winning. Then came, the Russian and all he money. As a Manu fan, if Ambramovich came with that money at that time you think I would have said no.  Honestly I glad for them. At least they win the cup. When was the last time the Chicago Cubs win anything. 19 ............. 00?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What if AVB had stayed and Chelsea won the CL. What would we be saying now??

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile

If we was eligible, even T&T coulda win CL too if we had de kinda sheer LUCK chelsea enjoyed fuh de entire competition :devil:

Oh lawd, yuh like de two old hecklers from the muppets......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>