April 24, 2024, 01:43:33 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea joins Greece as the most forgettable "winners" of a major championship  (Read 20533 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
although Chelsea used to go into a defensive shell when under pressure especially against the Euro top 5/6/7, their players were not hoofers(boom kickers). They we pretty skillful and competent with the ball when pushing the ball around and counter attacking. There is one bloggers who complains about David Luis coolness under pressure. But that is understable. But for those who complain about Chelsea being a sh-t side. Sour Chenette!!!

enough man on here and all does complain.  I say let de man play he style.  Everybody want defenders to be hard tacklers that just break up plays and hoof balls outta danger.  I say your defenders should be among the most skillful players on the field to be able to knock de ball around and create space fuh dey self.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
although Chelsea used to go into a defensive shell when under pressure especially against the Euro top 5/6/7, their players were not hoofers(boom kickers). They we pretty skillful and competent with the ball when pushing the ball around and counter attacking. There is one bloggers who complains about David Luis coolness under pressure. But that is understable. But for those who complain about Chelsea being a sh-t side. Sour Chenette!!!

enough man on here and all does complain.  I say let de man play he style.  Everybody want defenders to be hard tacklers that just break up plays and hoof balls outta danger.  I say your defenders should be among the most skillful players on the field to be able to knock de ball around and create space fuh dey self.

I for one love the fact that Luiz is so cool because it adds a level of composure that most defenders can only dream of having.  Since he arrive me an my nexx bredrin bin singin he praises.  every now an den he go slip up but in big moments he doh whither and he never afraid to show his abilities.  I eh see nutten wrong in dat.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

I for one love the fact that Luiz is so cool because it adds a level of composure that most defenders can only dream of having.  Since he arrive me an my nexx bredrin bin singin he praises.  every now an den he go slip up but in big moments he doh whither and he never afraid to show his abilities.  I eh see nutten wrong in dat.

I think Luiz really come on in the latter half of the season when it seem like his decision making improve.. Because first half of the year he would try to play it cool in every situations and end up coughing it up in dangerous areas when the better option was to clear the ball and cause us to get level bore... And he take justifiable stick for that.

I think the turning point was that Benfica game where he clean up against his old side.

Nothing wrong with being that cool, skillful defender but what will make him great is the ability to make the right decision consistently.. Cause it doh matter if yuh name Beckenbauer, sometimes yuh just have to HOOF that ball out.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

I think Luiz really come on in the latter half of the season when it seem like his decision making improve.. Because first half of the year he would try to play it cool in every situations and end up coughing it up in dangerous areas when the better option was to clear the ball and cause us to get level bore... And he take justifiable stick for that.

I think the turning point was that Benfica game where he clean up against his old side.

Nothing wrong with being that cool, skillful defender but what will make him great is the ability to make the right decision consistently.. Cause it doh matter if yuh name Beckenbauer, sometimes yuh just have to HOOF that ball out.

That will come in time as he matures.  I don't disagree with anything you say but I chalk up those things to immaturity and the arrogance that usually goes hand in hand with it.  I expect him to only get better and that will be a scary prospect for attackers when they have to face him because he already has the tools so is simply a matter of applying more awareness and toning down the arrogance.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I've heard talk about David Luiz as a possible future captain of Brazil  but I've seen the qualities that recommend him for the position only more recently.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
David Luiz is a short version of Dennis Lawrence
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
David Luiz is a short version of Dennis Lawrence

Yes!!!... even though we might be stretching it a bit too far. But I real admire Dennis. When I first saw him for TT I was a bit skeptical but he worked real hard and developed the skills, composure and confidence to get us to the WC. The header in Bahrain will forever be stamped on my brain like a mac address on a computer.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:50:07 PM by Deeks »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another one for you haters....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile

U MAD BRO?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U MAD BRO?

our own lookin fresher lol. and I was really posting it for the Arsenal fan...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile

U MAD BRO?

oh so u won in the 60's and 90's. how is that relevant to the european champions of 2012?. u boasting about titles your team won before u were even a thought. live in the present dude, live in the present :devil:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile

U MAD BRO?

oh so u won in the 60's and 90's. how is that relevant to the european champions of 2012?. u boasting about titles your team won before u were even a thought. live in the present dude, live in the present :devil:

u hush !  :cursing:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

I've heard talk about David Luiz as a possible future captain of Brazil  but I've seen the qualities that recommend him for the position only more recently.

havent seen that anywhere, i expect thiago silva to be the captain for the next 4-5 years.  luiz need to focus on being more consistent and cementing his spot on the team.  brazil has some young talented defenders coming up so luiz eh sure to be on the squad in a few years if he continues to be inconsistent.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As far as David Luiz is concerned, that "coolness under pressure" and that "comfort" with the ball and that "arrogance" if you will, (to try to flick the ball over man and ting to play the ball out of trouble in defence, as he tried against Napoli) that men talkin'/complaining about....isn't he a Brazilian?  WTF else allyuh expect from him?All dat is part of that so-called "brazilian flair" and "jogo bonito" that men does complain Brazil doh play with anymore.  Now we get a man put in defence who like to try to play with that coolness, that calmness, that lost artistry that drew the world to be in awe of Brazilian football (artistry, once again, that people have been complaining Brazil hasn't played with since the 70's) and men complaining.  I eh know what allyuh want again.  the English league does get hammerd on this same forum for not being the prettiest football on the planet.  A bland game of excited long balls and cross balls and here we have a Brazilian....a fella who didn't really start off in his football youth as a central defender and he have a lil' bit ah skill.  And like to show it.  And men complaining.  For all the so-called shit he do (according to his critics) look at what Chelsea still come and accomplish.  Cyah please allyuh men ah-TALL boy.  I have said from day ONE, I like what de man bringin' to the defense.  I like to see a defender work the ball out of defense every now and againso I happy to take his good with his alleged bad.  John Terry's lack of speed (especially as he gets older and older) is a bigger problem for me that anything Luiz does. If you really see how much work Luiz and Cahill does do to cover for him and how much work Carvalho used to do y'all might appreciate how much of a liability JT could be sometimes.  :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As far as David Luiz is concerned, that "coolness under pressure" and that "comfort" with the ball and that "arrogance" if you will, (to try to flick the ball over man and ting to play the ball out of trouble in defence, as he tried against Napoli) that men talkin'/complaining about....isn't he a Brazilian?  WTF else allyuh expect from him?All dat is part of that so-called "brazilian flair" and "jogo bonito" that men does complain Brazil doh play with anymore.  Now we get a man put in defence who like to try to play with that coolness, that calmness, that lost artistry that drew the world to be in awe of Brazilian football (artistry, once again, that people have been complaining Brazil hasn't played with since the 70's) and men complaining.  I eh know what allyuh want again.  the English league does get hammerd on this same forum for not being the prettiest football on the planet.  A bland game of excited long balls and cross balls and here we have a Brazilian....a fella who didn't really start off in his football youth as a central defender and he have a lil' bit ah skill.  And like to show it.  And men complaining.  For all the so-called shit he do (according to his critics) look at what Chelsea still come and accomplish.  Cyah please allyuh men ah-TALL boy.  I have said from day ONE, I like what de man bringin' to the defense.  I like to see a defender work the ball out of defense every now and againso I happy to take his good with his alleged bad.  John Terry's lack of speed (especially as he gets older and older) is a bigger problem for me that anything Luiz does. If you really see how much work Luiz and Cahill does do to cover for him and how much work Carvalho used to do y'all might appreciate how much of a liability JT could be sometimes.  :beermug:

The artistry not lost...only fight down men iz talk that.

David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Lucio, Marcelo, Adriano (Barca), Luis Gustavo, Maicon, Dani Alves... all defensive players, all have great technique and all built to attack...all cut from the same cloth.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:37:07 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

Dread why you must get defensive so hoss, geezanages...

Nobody saying the man should change his brand or knocking his style of play, all we talked about is his lack of maturity and heart attack tendencies earlier in the season.

Nothing wrong at all with that Brazilian defender brand, in fact who in their right mind would favor an old english type hoof it out CB over a calm, cool, collect Brazilian sweeper? The point is that as a defender yuh can't be playing that brand and losing the ball and causing goals. Part of the same coolness and calmness we laud Brazilian defenders for is their ability to pull it off properly and consistently and make it look simple without putting the team in a position. Lucio as an example, he will cap an onrushing defender, make a clinical pass, beats out the back and storm into the opposing PK box.. How often do you see him misjudge and leave his side to hang?? That is because he knows how to pick his moments.

Wha yuh really expect, David Luiz must try to spanner and breed a man at the edge of his own 18 yard box, lose the ball cause a goal to score and Chelsea to lose, and men mustn't criticise? Instead men must clap the attempt at Brazilian artistry?? Come nuh man hoss.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

U MAD BRO?

u hush !  :cursing:

Why does mediocrity always bicker about who's less mediocre? Ajax, Bayern, Barca, Liverpool, Milan and Real fans are scratching their heads.  :devil:

1]; } ?>