April 29, 2024, 04:10:01 AM

Author Topic: Jamaican International Invitataional  (Read 6607 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaican International Invitataional
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 02:57:03 AM »
KAB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSSvTTq2K2I

This video of KAB in JA was already embeded higher up in this thread.

Btw Ato made an unsual error in his commentary on KAB's performance.
KAB's time was not a new T&T national record, which she herself actually set back in 2010 in Clermont, Florida at 10.84 with a 1.8 tailwind.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »
Richard Thompson will improve.  Kelly Ann coming off injury ran huge.  If she kept her form she would have won last night, just tightened up and got a little tired.
Wow I am shock RT had a poor Penn Relay and a prro Jamican Invitational , I Expected you to lambaste his performances , I can only draw two conclusions, 1. You have finally mature ,2. DB is the only athlete you are negative towards.
For my take on Richard I wonder if the accident he had in Trinidad is still affecting his performances , can anyone recall the same thing happened to Ato after the accident he was never the same again.

truetrini

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »
Richard Thompson will improve.  Kelly Ann coming off injury ran huge.  If she kept her form she would have won last night, just tightened up and got a little tired.
Wow I am shock RT had a poor Penn Relay and a prro Jamican Invitational , I Expected you to lambaste his performances , I can only draw two conclusions, 1. You have finally mature ,2. DB is the only athlete you are negative towards.
For my take on Richard I wonder if the accident he had in Trinidad is still affecting his performances , can anyone recall the same thing happened to Ato after the accident he was never the same again.

You really that dunce or yuh making an unusual attempt to impress me?

My posts about Brown has nothing to do with Brown, but everything to do with persons like you who constantly and consistently herald him as some sprinting messiah!

TRY.....to think about that!

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 08:15:41 PM »

Quote from: truetrini SC
[/quote

You really that dunce or yuh making an unusual attempt to impress me?

My posts about Brown has nothing to do with Brown, but everything to do with persons like you who constantly and consistently herald him as some sprinting messiah!

TRY.....to think about that!

My bad ,I just always thought you had a rather unusual  or should I say unnatural attention for DB, Glad to see that I had you misunderstood. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 01:18:59 PM »
Tyson Gay commented on twitter that KAB ran 10.86 and she hasn't started speed work yet. If this is so and she keeps healthy she guna be producing some fireworks this year hmmm.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 03:56:25 PM »
Tyson Gay commented on twitter that KAB ran 10.86 and she hasn't started speed work yet. If this is so and she keeps healthy she guna be producing some fireworks this year hmmm.

Interesting. Some thing to remember, KAB was the only one (other than Jeter) to beat VCB last year. KAB Will probably get the better of VCB and maybe CJ in the 100m, but not the 200m. I will like to see how she performs in the 200 for the season. I hope she does the double in London. She is currently our best sprint medal prospect right now.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »

LOL....LOL. Athletes love to say that line, but it is very deceiving. KAB has been doing speed work and I am sure quite a bit of it. You train speed all season long. You don't run 10.86 with just doing extensive/intensive tempo work. What she has not done yet is tapered off from those tempo workouts and her training volume is still fairly high. When she tapers, the volume of her workouts will decrease and the intensity increase and then we should see a drop in times. So a 10.7x is very much a possibility for her this year.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2012, 01:21:05 AM »

LOL....LOL. Athletes love to say that line, but it is very deceiving. KAB has been doing speed work and I am sure quite a bit of it. You train speed all season long. You don't run 10.86 with just doing extensive/intensive tempo work. What she has not done yet is tapered off from those tempo workouts and her training volume is still fairly high. When she tapers, the volume of her workouts will decrease and the intensity increase and then we should see a drop in times. So a 10.7x is very much a possibility for her this year.

Thanks for the info I'm still naive in some respects.  ;D

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 10:15:40 PM »
Gonzo fades Quow and Smith in blanket finish 400m at JA Invitational 2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BD9SeMVKk3M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BD9SeMVKk3M</a>

way to go Renny...
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>