March 28, 2024, 10:30:02 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 89748 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Men's U-17 Thread
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »
U-17's men's squad down to 32 ahead of CFU qualifiers.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Under 17 Men’s head coach Shawn Cooper says his squad’s preparation has started to take shape ahead of the upcoming Caribbean Football Union World qualifiers to take place in this country from July 3rd.

However, Cooper, who led the previous T&T team to within one victory of qualification for the 2011 FIFA Under 17 World Cup, has not closed the door on local or overseas-based players eligible of representing T&T.  Back in 2011, T&T needed to defeat Canada in its quarter-final fixture to qualify for the World Championship in Mexico but disappointingly lost the match 2-0 in Montego Bay.

Since the start of the talent search campaign last month, Cooper has seen just under 100 players and he is currently working with a squad that has been trimmed to 32 players including eight goalkeepers. However, one of the bright young prospects to serve in goal, W Connection’s Stephan Seepersad has had to be withdrawn from the team at this stage due to a heart complication. His club, W Connection is overseeing his medical requirements and  the TTFF is also assisting as deemed necessary.

“It’s been difficult trying to put everything together in such a short space of time but we’re getting there and we’re making things work at this point,” Cooper told TTFF Media.

“It’s no secret that the resources are not at its best because of the tough circumstances the Federation is in at the moment but they (TTFF) are trying their best to make things work and with that we are working with what we have in trying to get the team into the best possible shape for the tournament.”

Cooper will include at least five US-based players into the training in early June while players from Tobago will also have their chance to vie for final selection. One player, Akeem Garcia, has the experience of the previous Under 17 qualifying campaign with the likes of ex-captain Duane Muckette and others graduating the Under 20 team which is also in training ahead of a qualifying campaign.

Cooper along with recently introduced assistant coach Leonson Lewis and Ross Russell have been overseeing sessions three days per week at the Ato Boldon Stadium but Cooper adds that his Saturday sessions have had to be tapered due to the Oasis Pro League youth competition still ongoing.

“We get in at least two good sessions every week but the third session normally has to be cut back on because of the boys that play in the youth Pro League. This is something that we have to iron out because I understand the  League is running until June 20th and our first game is on July 3rd which means that we will be in live-in camps prior to that and we will need the players on a full time basis. I expect that some sort of mutual arrangement will be made with the League and the clubs to facilitate this,” Cooper added.

“A team like Suriname is always organized and you don’t know what to expect from Guyana so we have to prepare well and we cannot afford to take any of these teams lightly,” Cooper concluded.

Caribbean qualifying for the Under 17s will be played from July 3-10th with Trinidad hosting one of the groups which will see them come up against Suriname, British Virgin Islands and Guyana.

The group winner of the five groups and the best second placed team will advance to the final CFU round in August. The 2013 FIFA Under 17 World Cup takes place in United Arab Emirates. The dates for the CONCACAF final round will be announced in due course.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:56:18 AM by Flex »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17'S MEN'S SQUAD DOWN TO 32 AHEAD OF CFU QUALIFIERS
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »
I probably missing something.ah whole article on a squad being down to 32 players and no mention of the  32 players left  ???

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: U-17's men's squad down to 32 ahead of CFU qualifiers.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »
I probably missing something.ah whole article on a squad being down to 32 players and no mention of the  32 players left  ???

Ent !!!!!!!!!...

:rotfl:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZHtmt0AmXY&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug&amp;index" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qZHtmt0AmXY&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug&amp;index</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:26:12 AM »
Video Blocked !!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Men's U-17 Thread
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »
U-17 Men's Team off to Colombia for Tournament of the Americas
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

This country’s National Under 17 Men’s team will depart for Cali, Colombia on Wednesday afternoon (5pm) to take part in the Eleventh Tournament of the Americas.

This will be the second time T&T is participating in the tournament and will serve as part of preparations for the team’s appearance at the CONCACAF Final Round of qualification towards the 2013 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in United Arab Emirates.

T&T, under head coach Shawn Cooper, topped the CFU qualifying group earlier this year with wins over Guyana, British Virgin Islands and Suriname at the Ato Boldon and Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The team will spend eleven at the tournament which includes other national teams from Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Venezuela and other top Colombian clubs.

Cooper was grateful for what he said would be valuable exposure to the team prior to the qualifiers next year in Panama City.

“I believe this tournament has come about at the right time. We haven’t played any international matches since the qualifiers. The players have been at their clubs and participating in the schools league but nothing is as beneficial as international match practice,” Cooper told TTFF Media.

“We have a couple new faces in the team as well so we’ll be looking to see how they fit into our system of play. We’ve been to this tournament before with a previous youth team and the conditions are ideal for preparations and the match ups will be perfect from some of these South American teams,” Cooper added.

The team’s trip is being funded by the Ministry of Sports. The invitation to the tournament came by way of reference from former T&T head coach Francisco Maturana.

The T&T squad includes three US-based players including new addition Kyle Braithwaite of DC United.

T&T U-17 Squad for Colombia Tour, November 28th – December 10th, 2012

Players

D’eandre Villaroel (Fatima College)/ San Juan Jabloteh           
Stephon Seepersad (Naparima College)/ W. Connection
Josiah Trimmingham (San Juan North Secondary)/ San Juan Jabloteh
Mateon Watson (Naparima College)/ W. Connection
Shannon Gomez (St. Augustine Secondary)/ San Juan Jabloteh
Leland Archer (Fatima College)/ St. Ann’s Rangers
Maurice Ford (Belmont Boys Secondary)/ St. Ann’s Rangers
Brendon Creed (Fatima College)/ SKHY F.C.
Jabari Mitchell (Naparima College)/ W. Connection
Jarred Dass (Naparima College)/ W. Connection
Dominic Jangoo (Trinity College)/ SKHY F.C.
Matthew Woo Ling (Fatima College)/ W. Connection
Kishun Seecharan (El Dorado West Secondary)/ 1st FC Santa Rosa
Anderson Toussaint (Princess Town West Secondary)/ SFA Centre of Excellence
Akeem Garcia (St. Augustine Secondary)/ San Juan Jabloteh
Yafeu Rougier (St. Benedict’s College)/ W. Connection
Weah Adams (Roxborough Secondary)/ Roxborough Lakers FC
Andre Fortune (US based)/ Needham B. Broughton High School
Mani Walcott (US based)/ Eleanor Roosevelt High School
Kyle Braithwaite (US based)/ D.C. United

Staff

Anton Corneal – Technical Director
Shawn Cooper – Head Coach
Christopher Gouveia - Manager
Ross Russell – Assistant Coach/Goalkeeping Coach
Leonson Lewis – Assistant Coach
Terrence Marcelle – Assistant Coach
Michael Taylor - Physio
Natalie Thomas-Charles – Equipment Manager

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:45:37 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17 Men's Team off to Colombia for Tournament of the Americas
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »
WHAT ! They going an wash wares to come back home ?  :laugh:   plus the girls in Costa Rica...hmnnn

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 03:51:54 PM »
nice..enjoy and learn de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
I guess this Tim Kee fella making things happen.

Sweet !!!!!!!..

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »
So Woo Ling playing for W Connection...somebody come een wid ah update on how he looking nah???
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »
Seriously, ppl in TT does forget or play they forget to quick  .. Ahmmmm  ah go take ah borrow yes,...play de fitball

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
good stuff, these lil fellas should do very well. quality in the middle and good firepower up front. they throw a heavyweight staff behind them too.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »
good stuff, these lil fellas should do very well. quality in the middle and good firepower up front. they throw a heavyweight staff behind them too.

Agreed: the staff ketch de eye fuh sure ... it's the core staff that's been in that mix for a lil while doh.

Andre Fortune (US based)/ Needham B. Broughton High School
Mani Walcott (US based)/ Eleanor Roosevelt High School
Kyle Braithwaite (US based)/ D.C. United

With respect to this part of the release ... the U.S. is a huge place ... it would help to identify the city/town, state of the players or their club affiliation.

Big up to Triangle United re: Fortune... I thought the player might have been a CASL (Raleigh, North Carolina) product, buh ah see he's not.   What club is the lil dread Mani affiliated with?

Mentioning the high school affiliation of US-based players is not that instructive ... unless the player doesn't play club ball (which would be surprising)

Also, Fuentes ... as ah on that ... what's the story with Jordan Welch and Sterling Noriega? Still under consideration?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
based on the names that is probably the most diverse t&t male side i ever see.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
I am not going to get caught up in this euphoria because I know what I am about to say to be true.

They say that the more things change, the more they remain the same. How true.

The TTFF is doing it again, they are sending out another team woefully underprepared and unfit to ompete
offensively, defensively, and tactically at a high octane level for 90 minutes on the field of play in a highly
charged tournament where they will be competing against teams that are fit and offensively, defensively, and tactically prepared to play in this tournament. All the other teams are supported by a federation excited about winning this or any other tournament for that matter, T&T is just happy to be there, but more importantly they have a long term goal in mind of achieving something greater like winning the u17 world cup tournament and they are doing everything possible to make that a reality.

The TTFF, on the other hand, haven't learned from it's past failures that success doesn't start on the field of play, it ends on the field of play. It manifests itself in victories no matter how big or small they may be and in order for that to happen it has to start from the top down with those officials who are elected to develop the game, every step of the way has to be understood by everyone involved in the maturation of the players and the development of the game, from the coaches down to the players and everyone else participating in its success that the ultimate product, the players, have what's needed, all the right tools and nutrition, to succeed. How important is it that every T&T team is put in a position to succeed? It is of the utmost importance, without a successful program established in place, this tournament and every tournament going forward will be just another exercise in futility.

To you and your staff, Mr. President, the ball is in your court.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:20:32 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
King Deese, I see your point. But this is a practice tournament. Honestly I want them youths to get a dose of reality when them Colombians run rings around them. If they serious about playing international football then they should learn something from this experience. I am all for all our teams going to S. American to play various national teams. We had Pacho for over 2 years and Jack never arrange a game against Colombia, never. Then I know Jack, TTFF and Pacho were never serious about qualifying.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 10:41:50 PM »
Pacho Maturana is to be commended for contributing to this participation.  :applause: Fuh sure!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 10:53:54 PM »
Pacho Maturana is to be commended for contributing to this participation.  :applause: Fuh sure!
King Deese, I see your point. But this is a practice tournament. Honestly I want them youths to get a dose of reality when them Colombians run rings around them. If they serious about playing international football then they should learn something from this experience. I am all for all our teams going to S. American to play various national teams. We had Pacho for over 2 years and Jack never arrange a game against Colombia, never. Then I know Jack, TTFF and Pacho were never serious about qualifying.

Truer words have never been spoken, Deeks. I want them to go out and experience football outside as well but I am afraid that the only thing they are going to learn is how to lose and if that be the case, again, then they would not have truly enjoyed the beauty of this practice tournament and every little game situation it has to offer. What's even worse Deeks is that these players, the coaching staff, and the football federation may develop a false positive.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 12:15:45 AM »
Papayo. Ah wonder if these fellas go have food to eat over there and clean laundry. Corned beef does only go so far. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 07:44:05 AM »
Papayo. Ah wonder if these fellas go have food to eat over there and clean laundry. Corned beef does only go so far. 

Nah, they go be well fed. Colombia eh no poor country. It is the way the income is distributed.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
So any website for this competition
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:12:03 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »
Hmmm...good thing Pres not playing in the Intercol finals because the head coach would not have been there  :)

Now St. Augustine lose their big name players to national duty due to the constant replays in the Intercol.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 02:35:25 PM »
Why does the Technical Director of the TTFF have to be traveling with the team on every foreign tournament ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »
Why does the Technical Director of the TTFF have to be traveling with the team on every foreign tournament ?

Reasonable question. Arguably, it is one measure of assessing the coaching staff's rendition and the rendition of the players as well. In addition, his presence could lend perspective (another pair of eyes). Also, from footage I've seen on here it appears that he interacts with the players to lend encouragement and words of wisdom? Additionally, he probably bridges to the host federation as well and other prospective linkages for TT football down the road.

All that stated ... a TD doh really need to be there.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:34:27 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »

Reasonable question. Arguably, it is one measure of assessing the coaching staff's rendition and the rendition of the players as well. In addition, his presence could lend perspective (another pair of eyes). Also, from footage I've seen on here it appears that he interacts with the players to lend encouragement and words of wisdom? Additionally, he probably bridges to the host federation as well and other prospective linkages for TT football down the road.

I think he speaks Spanish.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 08:09:51 AM »

You are so correct.  I think he looking for the per diem  ;D
That same man take teams to all parts of the world and collect the most goals probably in the history of the sport in this country...yet he is the TD and going on every foreign trip.  What he doing about the development of the sport in T&T right now ?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »
I don't have a problem with the TD being on some trips. If there are strategic imperatives (relationship building/partnering as an example for player and coaching development) with specific federations then it's fine. Not sure what other trips he has been on but this one i think he needs to be there.

On another note. Has there ever been a National Development Football Program in T&T? At least one out there for public consumption. Like a Toddler to Professional development program policy that provide guidelines for
Player Development
Coaching Development
Facilities
Competition

In fact maybe we should start sharing some ideas right here.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 09:49:18 AM »
Has there ever been a National Development Football Program in T&T?

Jeez, g, you really want we t o answer that.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »
I see it more as an opportunity if there is none.

I belive countries like Spain and Holland have outlined plans on how to manage and develop players throughout their life stages in order to identify and maximize potential. The reality is that a realistic cycle is probably 15 to 20 years before you see widespread benefits in terms of national success.

Plan must also speak to coaching and a development plan around building facilities and structuring of league systems.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »
I see it more as an opportunity if there is none.

I belive countries like Spain and Holland have outlined plans on how to manage and develop players throughout their life stages in order to identify and maximize potential. The reality is that a realistic cycle is probably 15 to 20 years before you see widespread benefits in terms of national success.

Plan must also speak to coaching and a development plan around building facilities and structuring of league systems.

g you really think we patient enough for that. Coaches have two weeks to prepare a National Team, with two training sessions a week.
When they fail people on the forum losing ther minds and saying the coaches are shit. I doubt people will listen to any logical development model. Almost all development models are based on a 10 Year cycle (as you correctly pointed out). It would be very nice to see the same, starting at a Primary School level & then progressing.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>